The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1802, 1803, 1804 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 7:45 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:
Can't wait til this guy is out of a Lakers uni.

Good chance you’re wish is gonna come true with Klutch’s fall out with the Lakers FO.

I don't understand what he could have a problem with. Rob and Jeannie have given him everything he's asked for.

LeBron always forces his way out when things don’t go his way I have no idea why you are surprised.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

Good chance you’re wish is gonna come true with Klutch’s fall out with the Lakers FO.

I don't understand what he could have a problem with. Rob and Jeannie have given him everything he's asked for.

LeBron always forces his way out when things don’t go his way I have no idea why you are surprised.

I can't wait for him to sign an extension for cheap
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:02 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Vancouver Fan wrote:

"Forces his way out" is laughable revisionist history, but hey it's LG
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:16 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

IG, he's never done that even once in his whole career. He has always moved as a free agent.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

IG, he's never done that even once in his whole career. He has always moved as a free agent.

I’m talking more about not being satisfied, if Klutch is having problems with the Lakers FO then LeBron is probably not on Lakers side.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I’m talking more about not being satisfied, if Klutch is having problems with the Lakers FO then LeBron is probably not on Lakers side.

You do realize that is no where near what you previously said.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject:

we're complete idiots if we don't trade him this offseason. he's obviously leaving. "foreseeable future" could mean a day.. a week.. a month...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

My point was that he likely isn’t happy right now.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Throughout his career, Lebron continually and often publicly pushes his GMs to improve his team. This has sometimes been to the team's detriment, and sometimes to its benefit.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Throughout his career, Lebron continually and often publicly pushes his GMs to improve his team. This has sometimes been to the team's detriment, and sometimes to its benefit.

James has also been able to compete at a high enough level on both ends of the court to cover any flaws to the rosters he influenced or “pushed” GMs into creating.

Those days are past.

Both sides benefited from the business arrangement. Now is the time to alter the agreement for the benefit of both James and the Lakers.

If James is extended, it has to be for what he brings to the court, not the marketing. Sign for significantly less to compensate for reduced role, mins and expectations.

If he wants to compete, publicly agree and seek a trade to a contender and / or convince Westbrook to opt out.

A beautiful relationship that produced a Championship ends happily ever after!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

James has also been able to compete at a high enough level on both ends of the court to cover any flaws to the rosters he influenced or “pushed” GMs into creating.

Those days are past.

Both sides benefited from the business arrangement. Now is the time to alter the agreement for the benefit of both James and the Lakers.

If James is extended, it has to be for what he brings to the court, not the marketing. Sign for significantly less to compensate for reduced role, mins and expectations.

If he wants to compete, publicly agree and seek a trade to a contender and / or convince Westbrook to opt out.

A beautiful relationship that produced a Championship ends happily ever after!

I can't imagine Westbrook would opt out and give up $40-plus million just because Lebron asked him to (nor do I think Lebron would ever ask him to).

I don't think Lebron will seek a trade.

I don't think Lebron will sign an extension with a significant reduction in salary.

I do think the Lakers would give him an extension for at least another year at his current salary if he would agree to it.

I have no idea what will happen with Westbrook this year.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:08 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I just don't get what he could possibly be upset about. He wanted Westbrook, it didn't work out, so now he's pouting because of the situation that he created? He traded all our youth and draft picks, so does he think that Pelinka has a magic wand or something? If he's mad about something it should be himself for butting into personnel decisions. You can't force GM's to trade you great players when you have nothing they want. I'm so glad they ignored him when he wanted John Wall, another klutch client who can't even play. How on freakin earth can a guy that hasn't played all year help us win.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:55 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I just don't get what he could possibly be upset about. He wanted Westbrook, it didn't work out, so now he's pouting because of the situation that he created? He traded all our youth and draft picks, so does he think that Pelinka has a magic wand or something? If he's mad about something it should be himself for butting into personnel decisions. You can't force GM's to trade you great players when you have nothing they want. I'm so glad they ignored him when he wanted John Wall, another klutch client who can't even play. How on freakin earth can a guy that hasn't played all year help us win.

I have no idea if Lebron is upset. A lot of the people in this thread seem to be though
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I have no idea if Lebron is upset. A lot of the people in this thread seem to be though

If Klutch is upset then so is LeBron IMO, those 2 directly work for each other
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 8:48 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
All things equal, take out the "Buss" in Jeanie, and if you're running a business, who would you take? I would take Rich Paul in a heartbeat. Dude came from nowhere to running one of the top agencies. It's a bit interesting to see someone like him disparaged while someone who has exclusively enjoyed the aegis of the Buss family gets a pass.

Does Klutch do things that make me (and others') squirm re: how they handle business? Of course. But they are truly a rags to riches story.

all things equal, would any franchise hire Jeannie to do anything if you take out "buss"
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1521595443443994624

Their is also a story that LeBron and Klutch want Sam Presti and are not happy with Pelinka
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?

Their is also a story that LeBron and Klutch want Sam Presti and are not happy with Pelinka

This doesn’t say they are upset. I posted a link where bron approves of Ham.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?

Lol what is LeBron supposed to say? If the Lakers are interviewing coaching candidates he isn’t gonna be critical of the name their going after, their has been hints and signs that Klutch and the Lakers are at a odd situation right now.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?

Lol what is LeBron supposed to say? If the Lakers are interviewing coaching candidates he isn’t gonna be critical of the name their going after, their has been hints and signs that Klutch and the Lakers are at a odd situation right now.

He can say nothing. Silence can be deafening. What’s the odd situation?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?

The face of the team needs to give his support

Lakers and Klutch have had issues regarding decisions dating back to the trade deadline their is dozens of stories on it if you google it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject:

””"""""""""""''''"'""""""""""""""
Oh, sure. There have been stories about strain between the Lakers and Klutch for months now. Do people really expect LeBron to comment every time some blogger produces another anonymously sourced story about this topic? I mean, what would even be the point? No matter what he said, people would believe what they want to believe, and spin what he said the way they want to spin it.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 4:09 am    Post subject:

BREAKING: Laker forum bickers over Lebron's mood based on the information provided by random forum member
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kwase wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Klutch is upset?

The face of the team needs to give his support

Lakers and Klutch have had issues regarding decisions dating back to the trade deadline their is dozens of stories on it if you google it.

Says who? Weren’t those rumors debunked by klutch.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject:

Lebron's main negotiating ploy is the 1 year extension. If the draft picks aren't traded along with Westbrook, the extension may not be signed. If he sees the WB deal includes the FRP (which means the Lakers went all out to get the best possible yield for him) he will probably have to in return commit to the 2 year window that's left.

This scarily reminds me of when we gave Kobe the 2 year deal. I know things were different as Kobe had already suffered the injury that changed the course of his career, and his body was breaking down, but we've seen signs of Lebron's body begin to crack. He's missed 3 out of 4 seasons in LA significant time and the iron man stuff is out. With Kobe, the argument was that he gave his all to the franchise and he deserved it even if he wasn't able to play out the last 2 years of his contract as a superstar. We were going nowhere. But, Kobe was worth the show and deserved it. I don't see how we can justify tht with Lebron, at all.

If I'm the Lakers I don't do anything significant here, if I don't want to trade AD/Bron. I let things play out, and don't move any longterm assets. Lebron is good for 50 healthy games a year, AD is good for 40. They are levels removed from the physical peak that Giannis is in. We need to adjust, and either move them or just let it play out with Lebron's contract. Maybe luck will fall on our side and they will be healthy next year and at trade deadline we can make some moves if we feel we have a shot at the title. For this present time, the best move is to possibly do nothing (as moving AD/Lebron is not happening). You may hurt yourself far more by allowing Pelinka to negotiate tradees with Westbrook going out along with FRPs.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Thu May 05, 2022 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1802, 1803, 1804 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1803 of 2079
Jump to: