The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1808, 1809, 1810 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

Not All-NBA
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2022 8:18 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Not All-NBA

Butler would have been a deserving choice. But the voters thought Siakam was more deserving.

That's who beat him out for the spot. Not Lebron.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

Not that I care to count someone's pockets for monopoly money, that we give value to, but this is considered news.

Quote:
LeBron James is first active NBA player to become a billionaire

LeBron James may not be playing in the NBA Finals, but he's still having a good June. According to Forbes, the Lakers star now has an estimated net worth of $1 billion, making him the first active NBA player to become a billionaire.

Michael Jordan is the NBA's only other billionaire, but he didn't reach that mark until 2014, years after the stopped playing the NBA.

During his NBA career, James has earned over $385 million in salary from his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat and Lakers. He earned $170 million in 11 season with the Cavaliers, $153 million in his four seasons with the Lakers and $64 million in his four seasons with the Heat.

James raked in a whopping $121.2 just last year. He is currently the league's highest-paid active player and also makes an estimated $900 million in income via endorsement deals and businesses.

"It's my biggest milestone," James told GQ in a 2014 interview about potentially being a billionaire one day. "Obviously. I want to maximize my business. And if I happen to get it, if I happen to be a billion-dollar athlete, ho. Hip hip hooray! Oh, my God, I'm gonna be excited."

A big reason the Lakers star has gotten to this point is that he's been smart about spending his money.

James has a minority stake in Liverpool of the Premier League and has made $90 million during his time as an investor, which dates back to 2011. In addition, James also owns an estimated one percent of Fenway Sports Group, which owns the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park and Liverpool.

The Fenway Sports Group also owns half of Roush Fenway Racing and 80 percent of the New England Sports Network. In 2021, the Fenway Sports Group paid $900 million to own the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's not all sports for James, though. He has also made an estimated $80 million in real estate, as he owns three properties that are worth that amount. In addition, James has also made $30 million in Blaze Pizza, a pizza chain that was founded in 2012 and has more than 300 locations throughout the United States and Canada.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

Congrats Lebron.
Can you lend Jeanie a buck or 2?
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

Le-Billionaire
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:02 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Not that I care to count someone's pockets for monopoly money, that we give value to, but this is considered news.

Quote:

LeBron James may not be playing in the NBA Finals, but he's still having a good June. According to Forbes, the Lakers star now has an estimated net worth of $1 billion, making him the first active NBA player to become a billionaire.

Michael Jordan is the NBA's only other billionaire, but he didn't reach that mark until 2014, years after the stopped playing the NBA.

During his NBA career, James has earned over $385 million in salary from his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat and Lakers. He earned $170 million in 11 season with the Cavaliers, $153 million in his four seasons with the Lakers and $64 million in his four seasons with the Heat.

James raked in a whopping $121.2 just last year. He is currently the league's highest-paid active player and also makes an estimated $900 million in income via endorsement deals and businesses.

"It's my biggest milestone," James told GQ in a 2014 interview about potentially being a billionaire one day. "Obviously. I want to maximize my business. And if I happen to get it, if I happen to be a billion-dollar athlete, ho. Hip hip hooray! Oh, my God, I'm gonna be excited."

A big reason the Lakers star has gotten to this point is that he's been smart about spending his money.

James has a minority stake in Liverpool of the Premier League and has made $90 million during his time as an investor, which dates back to 2011. In addition, James also owns an estimated one percent of Fenway Sports Group, which owns the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park and Liverpool.

The Fenway Sports Group also owns half of Roush Fenway Racing and 80 percent of the New England Sports Network. In 2021, the Fenway Sports Group paid $900 million to own the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's not all sports for James, though. He has also made an estimated $80 million in real estate, as he owns three properties that are worth that amount. In addition, James has also made $30 million in Blaze Pizza, a pizza chain that was founded in 2012 and has more than 300 locations throughout the United States and Canada.

Buy the Lakers
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject:

That's actually pretty amazing considering where he came from. Props are due. Lebron managed his money and career exceptionally well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:08 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Quote:

Buy the Lakers

Yeah, because he's proven to be such a savvy judge of talent himself.

When LBJ wins without himself you could maybe say you want him to run your team.

So far he's shown the same aptitude as Magic and Jordan.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Quote:

Buy the Lakers

When LBJ wins without himself you could maybe say you want him to run your team.

It's a joke.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Quote:

Buy the Lakers

It's a joke.

Well I'm pretty sure he and Maverick would if Jeanie let him.

I'm glad you think that... too many here actually believe it would be a good idea.

I pray he goes for Vegas instead.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:11 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/GQSports/status/1532379831840669697/photo/1

LeWow!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 10:48 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
That's actually pretty amazing considering where he came from. Props are due. Lebron managed his money and career exceptionally well.

Lebron has certainly done things his way, and he's won at every level.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1534654827489243136

Bron working on his left.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:30 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Camera is flipped... Checked Lebron's shirt...

Dude a Billionaire... He don't have a proper court on his yard?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:33 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Camera is flipped... Checked Lebron's shirt...

Dude a Billionaire... He don't have a proper court on his yard?

C'mon Miggz, he's obviously practicing his left. As well are his kids.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/1534921461802082304

So does this mean we won’t protect Bron when Vegas conducts their expansion draft.

Also note to self…draft Bron’s kid and then have him trade the farm to us when he suddenly starts to care about the yutes. In a related note, Presti to LV confirmed.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

So does this mean we won’t protect Bron when Vegas conducts their expansion draft.

Also note to self…draft Bron’s kid and then have him trade the farm to us when he suddenly starts to care about the yutes. In a related note, Presti to LV confirmed.

Man, I wonder how much that Vegas team would cost.
Millions or billions? I was thinking it would take a couple of Bills.
And with Lebron only being a billionaire, he might have to be a minority owner.

I assumed MJ was a minority owner of the Hornet as I assumed he didn't have the billions to buy a team. Then I saw that he only paid $175M for the Hornets (about 97% of the team). So he is the majority owner. And the team is now valued at $1.5B! What a great investment.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:47 am    Post subject:

God, please let LBJ go to Vegas.

Win win for everyone
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:53 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Win win for everyone

+1.
And bring back BScott please!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:54 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Man, I wonder how much that Vegas team would cost.
Millions or billions? I was thinking it would take a couple of Bills.
And with Lebron only being a billionaire, he might have to be a minority owner.

I assumed MJ was a minority owner of the Hornet as I assumed he didn't have the billions to buy a team. Then I saw that he only paid $175M for the Hornets (about 97% of the team). So he is the majority owner. And the team is now valued at $1.5B! What a great investment.

They'll purchase the team via the Fenway Sports Group, of which he's a partner. I'm guessing his stake would be a tiny fraction of its value.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Win win for everyone

+1.

You should put a vintage Cavs jersey in your avatar instead.

Would be more fitting of your LBJ love.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
epic_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Win win for everyone

+1.

Why can't I wear a Lakers jersey?
And what do you have against BScott?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
epic_ wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Win win for everyone

+1.

Why can't I wear a Lakers jersey?
And what do you have against BScott?

We could use young Byron as a player right now... As a coach?

He'd be useful if we had some draft picks.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:20 am    Post subject:

So in just the past few weeks he has expressed last season was a success, interest in joining the Warriors, owning a team, business endeavors, a Vegas team.

I wish the Face of the Franchise would express as much interest in his current team in which he is the undisputed leader.

They kind of need him to be invested if they want to be competitive.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
So in just the past few weeks he has expressed last season was a success, interest in joining the Warriors, owning a team, business endeavors, a Vegas team.

I wish the Face of the Franchise would express as much interest in his current team in which he is the undisputed leader.

They kind of need him to be invested if they want to be competitive.

Well if you listen to a few of his main media mouthpieces they want the Lakers to trade him. Beak-nose Nick Wright said if we're gonna keep Russ then we should trade lebron. Most of us with a firm grasp on the way klutch does business know that if he's saying something like that on TV he's getting it straight from lebron.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1808, 1809, 1810 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1809 of 2079
Jump to: