The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1809, 1810, 1811 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

LeBron would look really good next to Curry and Green, Warriors might actually end up giving up Klay in a LeBron deal just so they can end up prioritizing Jordan Poole for the long term..
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
danzag wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
danzag wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Not that I care to count someone's pockets for monopoly money, that we give value to, but this is considered news.

Quote:
LeBron James is first active NBA player to become a billionaire

LeBron James may not be playing in the NBA Finals, but he's still having a good June. According to Forbes, the Lakers star now has an estimated net worth of $1 billion, making him the first active NBA player to become a billionaire.

Michael Jordan is the NBA's only other billionaire, but he didn't reach that mark until 2014, years after the stopped playing the NBA.

During his NBA career, James has earned over $385 million in salary from his time with the Cleveland Cavaliers, Miami Heat and Lakers. He earned $170 million in 11 season with the Cavaliers, $153 million in his four seasons with the Lakers and $64 million in his four seasons with the Heat.

James raked in a whopping $121.2 just last year. He is currently the league's highest-paid active player and also makes an estimated $900 million in income via endorsement deals and businesses.

"It's my biggest milestone," James told GQ in a 2014 interview about potentially being a billionaire one day. "Obviously. I want to maximize my business. And if I happen to get it, if I happen to be a billion-dollar athlete, ho. Hip hip hooray! Oh, my God, I'm gonna be excited."

A big reason the Lakers star has gotten to this point is that he's been smart about spending his money.

James has a minority stake in Liverpool of the Premier League and has made $90 million during his time as an investor, which dates back to 2011. In addition, James also owns an estimated one percent of Fenway Sports Group, which owns the Boston Red Sox, Fenway Park and Liverpool.

The Fenway Sports Group also owns half of Roush Fenway Racing and 80 percent of the New England Sports Network. In 2021, the Fenway Sports Group paid $900 million to own the Pittsburgh Penguins.

It's not all sports for James, though. He has also made an estimated $80 million in real estate, as he owns three properties that are worth that amount. In addition, James has also made $30 million in Blaze Pizza, a pizza chain that was founded in 2012 and has more than 300 locations throughout the United States and Canada.

Buy the Lakers

Yeah, because he's proven to be such a savvy judge of talent himself.

When LBJ wins without himself you could maybe say you want him to run your team.

So far he's shown the same aptitude as Magic and Jordan.

It's a joke.

Well I'm pretty sure he and Maverick would if Jeanie let him.

I'm glad you think that... too many here actually believe it would be a good idea.

I pray he goes for Vegas instead.

TBF even if Jeanie agreed to sell and Bron wanted the Lakers he has nowhere remotely close to enough money to buy them even after becoming
a Billionaire. At best he could be a minority owner but def. nowhere close to majority. So you're praying paid off.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
So in just the past few weeks he has expressed last season was a success, interest in joining the Warriors, owning a team, business endeavors, a Vegas team.

I wish the Face of the Franchise would express as much interest in his current team in which he is the undisputed leader.

They kind of need him to be invested if they want to be competitive.

Well if you listen to a few of his main media mouthpieces they want the Lakers to trade him. Beak-nose Nick Wright said if we're gonna keep Russ then we should trade lebron. Most of us with a firm grasp on the way klutch does business know that if he's saying something like that on TV he's getting it straight from lebron.

Nick Wright, who is the biggest Lebron stan in the world, said on his show that the Lakers should trade Lebron. True. But you're saying it came from Lebron? Could it possibly have just come from Nick's own head?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:38 am    Post subject:

LeBron is 37 going on 38 next year, he has millions of things on his mind, it’s not a surprise that he might have other ideas, he’s probably planning on teaming up with his son Bronny in the up coming years do you guys honestly believe LeBron has the mental approach right now to lead us to a title? It seems like he’s content with where his legacy is at and doesn’t mind planing for the future.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
https://twitter.com/uninterrupted/status/1534921461802082304

So does this mean we won’t protect Bron when Vegas conducts their expansion draft.

Also note to self…draft Bron’s kid and then have him trade the farm to us when he suddenly starts to care about the yutes. In a related note, Presti to LV confirmed.

Surprised the NBA hasn't thought of expanding to Vegas and bringing a team back to Seattle. Thats where the money is. They are at 30 teams, an extra 2 teams would be doable.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
kwase wrote:
So in just the past few weeks he has expressed last season was a success, interest in joining the Warriors, owning a team, business endeavors, a Vegas team.

I wish the Face of the Franchise would express as much interest in his current team in which he is the undisputed leader.

Well if you listen to a few of his main media mouthpieces they want the Lakers to trade him. Beak-nose Nick Wright said if we're gonna keep Russ then we should trade lebron. Most of us with a firm grasp on the way klutch does business know that if he's saying something like that on TV he's getting it straight from lebron.

Nick Wright, who is the biggest Lebron stan in the world, said on his show that the Lakers should trade Lebron. True. But you're saying it came from Lebron? Could it possibly have just come from Nick's own head?

I highly doubt that Nick Wright, Shannon Sharpe, Chris Broussard, ESPN or any of his other paid media plants will go on the air and say something like that without running it by someone associated with klutch first...if not lebron himself. I'd be willing to bet that they get on conference calls regularly to discuss talking points because Shannon Sharpe has also mentioned that the Lakers should trade him at least 3 or 4 times that I've heard, and I don't even watch that show all the time.

If I'm reading between the lines, and this is just my assertion, I'd say that lebron realizes that his Russ idea was bad and wants out. However, he doesn't want it to look like he's bailing on yet another team, so he's using his media flunkies to see if he can push Jeannie to trade him, hopefully to Golden State. Just the other day Shannon Sharpe went on a 10 minute diatribe about how great a fit lebron would be with Steph, which is blatant hypocrisy because that's not nearly the same energy they had when KD signed there. At any rate, look who we're talking about here....everything lebron does is manufactured and fabricated, nothing is just by chance.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
epic_ wrote:
kwase wrote:

I highly doubt that Nick Wright, Shannon Sharpe, Chris Broussard, ESPN or any of his other paid media plants will go on the air and say something like that without running it by someone associated with klutch first...if not lebron himself. I'd be willing to bet that they get on conference calls regularly to discuss talking points because Shannon Sharpe has also mentioned that the Lakers should trade him at least 3 or 4 times that I've heard, and I don't even watch that show all the time.

If I'm reading between the lines, and this is just my assertion, I'd say that lebron realizes that his Russ idea was bad and wants out. However, he doesn't want it to look like he's bailing on yet another team, so he's using his media flunkies to see if he can push Jeannie to trade him, hopefully to Golden State. Just the other day Shannon Sharpe went on a 10 minute diatribe about how great a fit lebron would be with Steph, which is blatant hypocrisy because that's not nearly the same energy they had when KD signed there. At any rate, look who we're talking about here....everything lebron does is manufactured and fabricated, nothing is just by chance.

Lmao. You highly doubt? Do you listen to those guys flip flop on their shows everyday to entertain people like you?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:37 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
kwase wrote:
epic_ wrote:
kwase wrote:

Lmao. You highly doubt? Do you listen to those guys flip flop on their shows everyday to entertain people like you?

I think some fans like to imagine there is some elaborate, conspiratorial mechanism at work behind all the trade rumors. Maybe that helps them avoid the idea that they are spending their time watching/listening to people who are just pulling stuff out of their ass to entertain them.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
kwase wrote:
epic_ wrote:
kwase wrote:

I'm not really entertained to be honest. I think it's pretty pathetic for grown men to ride the jockstrap of another man, whether they're paying you to do it or not. I YouTube certain clips of the show when it involves the Lakers. If you don't think that lebron/klutch control the narrative through the media then, well, I guess that's your opinion but it seems pretty obvious to me.

So, after watching lebron and how he operates for the last 19 years, why do you think he keeps bringing up playing with Steph when he knows darn well he still has another year on his contract?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron is 37 going on 38 next year, he has millions of things on his mind, it’s not a surprise that he might have other ideas, he’s probably planning on teaming up with his son Bronny in the up coming years do you guys honestly believe LeBron has the mental approach right now to lead us to a title? It seems like he’s content with where his legacy is at and doesn’t mind planing for the future.

He just got too much time right now to focus on his other ventures probably. Really nothing going on Lakers related besides the Ham hiring and he already showed how he felt about that. Lots of barbershop talks going around right now too including Lebrons.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:38 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/uHThreaT/status/1535303482638536705

What a goofy thing to say. I wish the clip had what was said right before to prompt him to say that.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:46 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

What a goofy thing to say. I wish the clip had what was said right before to prompt him to say that.

Pretty obvious that he’s planning for his next stop in destination, that’s what a lot of Laker fans have said for the last few months, if he wants out of here no one is forcing him not to, he can demand a trade right now and leave.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

It’s pretty obvious that it was aggregated that way to be deceptively divisive. LABron mentions the Lakers…nothing to see here folks.

If anything, this probably gaslights Russ for Dray trade speculation tho
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It’s pretty obvious that it was aggregated that way to be deceptively divisive. LABron mentions the Lakers…nothing to see here folks.

He mentioned 3 teams besides the Lakers, he definitely doesn’t have his heart set on being here yet, maybe getting Ham changes that.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Pretty obvious that he’s planning for his next stop in destination, that’s what a lot of Laker fans have said for the last few months, if he wants out of here no one is forcing him not to, he can demand a trade right now and leave.

Dude has had one foot out the door since his comments at the All-Star break.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Dude has had one foot out the door since his comments at the All-Star break.

Yep, if a player mentions Cleveland/Miami/Dallas/GS as 4 teams he would like to play for, then his heart isn’t set on being a Laker, if his mind is made up then he’s likely waiting for the right time to reveal his next stop.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:41 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I needed that video. Was waiting for the truth to come out.
Mav asks Lebron: "Of the teams left playing which one would you want to play for?"

Lebron James wrote:
The team I would love to play for is not in the playoffs which is the Lakers.

Amy Schumer wrote:
Yeaaaaaaa!

Just threw that Amy quote in there cuz it sounds funny on tape.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject:

^IG, what clip you watching bro? How can you claim Bron definitely doesn’t have his heart set in being here, when dude specifically uses the word love with the Lakers. Just check out the direct quote by him posted by @epic above.

You got me all F’d up now…if the L word suddenly has taken on a different meaning, that means I gotta set up a heart to heart with certain folks in my camp asap.

Btw, here are some other comments by LABron when it comes to the team he “loves”

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1534726097094340608
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:39 am    Post subject:

So far in as it's a fantastic idea that he seems to be setting himself up perfectly for, LeBron would benefit tremendously by building as deep a connection with LA fans as possible, followed by becoming the controlling owner of a franchise in Las Vegas. The league would undoubtedly enjoy such an outcome as well. He isn't at the stage in his business career where winning a child's game is the end game. He's building and growing an empire.

He has already begun building his resume as a sports franchise owner, holding interest in the Red Sox and Liverpool Soccer team. Mr. James' net worth starts with a "B". He's looking to add "B's" to that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^IG, what clip you watching bro? How can you claim Bron definitely doesn’t have his heart set in being here, when dude specifically uses the word love with the Lakers. Just check out the direct quote by him posted by @epic above.

You got me all F’d up now…if the L word suddenly has taken on a different meaning, that means I gotta set up a heart to heart with certain folks in my camp asap.

Btw, here are some other comments by LABron when it comes to the team he “loves”

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1534726097094340608

I’m not basing my assumption on a clip but the overall things I have gathered since the NBA All Star Break where he didn’t hide his feelings towards Cleveland and when he never seems shy on talking about teaming up with other players, I’m pretty sure I’m not the only 1 who sees this.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:53 am    Post subject:

Wiggins, Poole and Wiseman or no dice Golden State!

Wiseman/Dwight
AD/Gabriel
Wiggins/Johnson
Poole/THT
Nunn/Reaves (RW sitting at home)

Last edited by MookieBetts50 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
So far in as it's a fantastic idea that he seems to be setting himself up perfectly for, LeBron would benefit tremendously by building as deep a connection with LA fans as possible, followed by becoming the controlling owner of a franchise in Las Vegas. The league would undoubtedly enjoy such an outcome as well. He isn't at the stage in his business career where winning a child's game is the end game. He's building and growing an empire.

He has already begun building his resume as a sports franchise owner, holding interest in the Red Sox and Liverpool Soccer team. Mr. James' net worth starts with a "B". He's looking to add "B's" to that.

Given the increase in NBA franchise valuations, the next generation of NBA controlling owners are more likely to be people with net worths in excess of $10 billion.

Given that the NBA expansion would be $2.5 million or more, it seems unlikely that Lebron would be a controlling owner.

More likely, he would be a minority stakeholder (5-10% or even less) in a management group. I believe Lebron owns a 2% stake in Liverpool, and a similar stake in the Red Sox.

If Lebron joined an NBA management group, I would guess is role would be similar to Magic when he owned 5% of the Lakers -- more of a figurehead, who commented on the team in the media, rather than someone who was involved in day-to-day decision making.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:27 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Given the increase in NBA franchise valuations, the next generation of NBA controlling owners are more likely to be people with net worths in excess of $10 billion.

Given that the NBA expansion would be $2.5 million or more, it seems unlikely that Lebron would be a controlling owner.

More likely, he would be a minority stakeholder (5-10% or even less) in a management group. I believe Lebron owns a 2% stake in Liverpool, and a similar stake in the Red Sox.

If Lebron joined an NBA management group, I would guess is role would be similar to Magic when he owned 5% of the Lakers -- more of a figurehead, who commented on the team in the media, rather than someone who was involved in day-to-day decision making.

That’s logical, but we may be in for a surprise. Lebron could potentially move an investment group to the front of the line. There would be a number of people or groups that are willing and able to come up with the money for an NBA franchise in Las Vegas. The group with Lebron would have a meaningful advantage. That gives Lebron leverage.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

He just got too much time right now to focus on his other ventures probably. Really nothing going on Lakers related besides the Ham hiring and he already showed how he felt about that. Lots of barbershop talks going around right now too including Lebrons.

I doubt that Lebron has "more on his mind" now than he had on his mind 10 years ago.

This guy has always had a wide range of business interests and a lot of irons in the fire.

None of that, as far as I can make out, has ever affected his basketball focus.

I think there is a group of Lakers fans who are analyzing and discussing Lebron's interests much more than they did previously. Because Lebron's various interests are more in the fans' headspace, I think they are projecting that it is consuming more of Lebron's attention than it did before. I doubt that's the case.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

That’s logical, but we may be in for a surprise. Lebron could potentially move an investment group to the front of the line. There would be a number of people or groups that are willing and able to come up with the money for an NBA franchise in Las Vegas. The group with Lebron would have a meaningful advantage. That gives Lebron leverage.

I could see Lebron's presence moving an investment group to the front of the line. I just don't see Lebron being the controlling owner in the group.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1809, 1810, 1811 ... 2088, 2089, 2090  Next
Page 1810 of 2090
Jump to: