The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1831, 1832, 1833 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject:

Laker fans playing victim cause of big bad Klutch, yet ignoring that it was Laker Lifers in the Buss’s, Rambii, Magic and Kobe (by proxy) that handed the keys over to klutch in this deluded fantasy.

Bron gets some share of the blame in all of this, but at the end of the day his official title is as player. I believe the only issues I actually have with Bron the player is that he’s been a lousy recruiter imho. He recruited AD no doubt, but not as a FA. When it came to having enough to offer a max bag to a fellow star, Bron and even AD couldn’t klose on finding a 3rd running mate.

So we kept turning to trades and it was Kobe’s guy that continued to F up those transactions. So for those blaming Bron…where y’all at with Kob’s guy on this?

Just like Kob, most of y’all need to realize these dudes are just players. They have influence and they have a day in the matter, but the onus always lies on ownership and the FO they chose to employ.

Y’all can continue to hate on Bron, but deep down in your bones, y’all know what it is. The problem is Jeanie chose wrong on multiple fronts. Magic actually did us a solid by stepping down and creating a damn opportunity for us to fill a vacated PoBO with a truly legitimate & accomplished candidate. Instead, Jeanie chose to promote the GM to a VP and the rest is hisStory….unfortunately for us, this most likely does not end in a happy ending.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject:

You're all delusional to think that the Lakers would NOT re-sign LeBron or that he would take less than the max available.

Complete lack of understanding about how things work.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

None of his extension is a surprise. What would have been a surprise is if the Lakers OR Lebron chose to take a different route. This was literally the most obvious course forward.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:52 am    Post subject:

Simple Lakers make more revenue with LeBron on the team win or lose
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:23 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
You're all delusional to think that the Lakers would NOT re-sign LeBron or that he would take less than the max available.

Most posters really don't know how things work.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
danzag wrote:

Most posters really don't know how things work.

I think people know how things work. They just don't like it.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
None of his extension is a surprise. What would have been a surprise is if the Lakers OR Lebron chose to take a different route. This was literally the most obvious course forward.

I didn't think Lebron wanted to be a part of a rebuild.
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:23 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

For all the hate AD gets, if he is healthy and you have Lebron on your team, you have a punchers chance at the title.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
lakez34 wrote:

This isn’t a rebuild. When rebuilding you gather assets, not deal them away. We complain about the assets that we gave away yet some still say “deal those picks”. Good to see that others see the value in keeping them. Because there is a good chance that we are rebuilding in 2027.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:44 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
For all the hate AD gets, if he is healthy and you have Lebron on your team, you have a punchers chance at the title.

This coming season is it, we about to go all in, chip or bust (maybe next season too if Rob sign the right players) then 32yr old AD, clean slate
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

Quote:
"Why now? ... Because LeBron believes in the Lakers."

@WindhorstESPN, @TimBontemps & @espn_macmahon
discuss LeBron's extension and the current state of the Lakers ⬇️

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1560682870930345987

Rob bodied another one with his stories. Haha Hopefully he & Bron can redeem the recent trends and get back to winning ways

Speaking of which, a new doc is coming out soon…

Quote:
Netflix: Netflix and the International Olympic Committee have collaborated with executive producers Dwyane Wade and LeBron James for The Redeem Team, a new documentary about the US Olympic Men’s Basketball Team’s quest for gold at the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing!

Quote:
NBACentral
@TheNBACentral

LeBron James and Dwyane Wade are set to executive produce a documentary on the ‘Redeem Team’

Coming to Netflix on October 7th 🔥

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Right? So bizarre...
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
danzag wrote:

Right? So bizarre...

Dog days of summer perhaps?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

Here's a fun one. Brodie next season vs. Teenage Bronny and Bryce on the Lakers? I'd personally roll the dice with the kids. Lol!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject:

LeBron playing with Aaron Gordon who out on Harden weight it seems 👀
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Tatum teaming with LeBron, hope he recruits him to the Lakers too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:31 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/laughsnball/status/1561575075333095425?s=21&t=nALxbINX1g86ibQ6yomd1Q

This is a good one, LeInstagram
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames
Manti Te'o 🫡 you good brother!! 🙏🏾✊🏾👑

Seems like he’s reaching out to those that can relate. But it ain’t the same Bron. You been knowing Russ wearing skirts.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Despite being one of the league’s elder statesman, there doesn’t appear to be any slowing down for LeBron James anytime soon. LeBron has repeatedly voiced his desire to play with his older son, Bronny, but now James is voicing his desire to play alongside younger son Bryce as well. “I like to throw things out in the airwaves, but I’m not one to [say] what’s going to happen in the next two to three years,” LeBron told Sports Illustrated. “I am a visionary, but I’m also a guy that lives in the moment. I’d definitely be looking at who got first-round picks in 2024, 2025, things of that nature; 2026, ’27. I pay attention to that type of stuff.”

When asked specifically if he could see himself playing not just with Bronny, but also with Bryce, James made it clear that it’s something he’s thought about—depending on how his body and mind feel. “I feel like I could play for quite a while. So it’s all up to the body, but more importantly, my mind,” LeBron told SI. “If my mind can stay sharp and fresh and motivated, then the sky’s not even the limit for me. I can go beyond that. But we shall see.”

LeBron James and his wife Savannah confirmed to Sports Illustrated that their son Bronny is leaning toward playing college basketball rather than opting for the NBA G-League, Overtime Elite, an overseas league or other professional options in 2023–24. “Bronny wants to have a college career,” Savannah James said. “I think it would be really cool for him to start with collegiate basketball, just to start his legacy there.” LeBron agreed that he believes his son “wants to go the college route.”

– via Mike McDaniel @ Sports Illustrated

🤔 So by my count, we have all those years covered except for the year NO decides to keep our pick in (‘24 or ‘25). Maybe that translates to if Bronny becomes a one&done college player (‘24 Draft) or if he comes back for his sophomore year before declaring for the draft (‘25 Draft).

Quote:
Jeanie Buss: It’s a priority to the Laker brand that he retire a Laker. We’ll probably enjoy watching him as he approaches becoming the all-time leading scorer in history. And Episode 4 … shows the celebration that we had when Kareem (Abdul-Jabbar) became the all-time leading scorer, and (late Lakers broadcaster) Chick Hearn even says, ‘A record that we’ll never see broken.’ And I honestly believed that that was going to be the case, that nobody would ever touch Kareem’s record. – via Sam Amick @ The Athletic

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 8:17 am    Post subject:

It’s more impressive when you figure that Kareem had to play 4 years in college.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/brfootball/status/1564723791460171777?s=21&t=z0zEN8uGEnyQJ8I8RF0geA

LeInvestor
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

We already know about Bron’s shorterm timeline in that his minicamp in SD is a couple days away now. But his longterm plans just may have gotten interesting…

-We know he wants to play with his son(s).
-We know Jeanie wants to retire LABron as a Laker.
-We know the current CBA can be opted out of at the end of this year (2022/23) with a vote on Dec 15th. Otherwise it will expire at the end of the 2023/24 season.
-We know Bron has a 2yr extension that (barring a trade next year) keeps him here till the end of the 2023/24 season at the earliest (via player opt out option) or till the end of the 2024/25 season (via player opt in option).
-We know currently Bronny is draft eligible in the summer of 2024 and we potentially won’t have a 1st round draft pick that year if NO elects to take it instead of defer it to 2025.
-We also know Bryce is currently draft eligible in the summer of 2026 and we presently have that 1st round pick in our possession.

Quote:
Shams Charania
@ShamsCharania

Sources: NBA and NBPA in serious talks on new items for potential Collective Bargaining Agreement:

- Draft age eligibility from 19 to 18, return of high school-to-NBA
- Measure that allows players citing mental health similar to physical injury

More: https://theathletic.com/3607549/2022/09/19/shams-nba-cba-negotiations/

If this goes thru with the current CBA expiring naturally at the end of the 2023/24 season, this won’t affect Bronny’s ‘24 Draft eligibility, but it will push up Bryce to become eligible in ‘25.

If this goes thru with the current CBA expiring earlier via the opt out vote on Dec 15th, then Bronny is also impacted with his eligibility being bumped up a year to the ‘23 Draft.

The Lakers currently have a swap option with NO for the 2023 Draft where we will get the lower pick (projected #20-30). We also currently have our own 2023 2nd round pick as well as Chicago’s 2nd round pick. Bronny is projected to be a lower 1st, if not a 2nd rounder.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

The '24 draft is going to be very deep especially if the double draft is that year. Even without the double draft it is looking like a very deep crop. I don't think Lakers really need worry if another team is going to take Bronny in such a deep talent pool unless he takes huge steps in his development. Klutch also has enough power to get Bronny to the right team.

Having seen Bronny play in person I don't really think this should be a top priority for the Lakers. Bryce hasn't even played a HS varsity game yet. Assuming the Lakers want to keep Lebron happy at that point they can probably just buy a 2nd round pick in '24 or he can wait until '25 depending on the Pels. Honestly the thought is a little depressing since I believe there is likely going to be better talent available to the Lakers but they will take a pass to please Lebron.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:03 pm    Post subject:

^Yeah, I don’t know anything about the amateur/collegiate level. I haven’t seen his kids play yet, so I’m just going off hearsay. So I’ll take your word/expertise on it.

Either way it looks like a possible rule change will not impact Bronny, so I guess we have to wait and see if it impacts Bryce. I only bring it up cause we kind of know how this FO operates, so with Bron here and possibly retiring here, we certainly can’t rule the possibility out.

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
If one-and-done is changed, it’s expected the starting date would be several years into the future; in part because of commitments already made by teams to trade future draft picks under the current framework of the 19-and-over system.

LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:31 am    Post subject:

Who gives a crap about LeBron's kids? Is that how far we've fallen as a franchise, that we're mortgaging the future to fulfill the wishes of what will soon be a 40 year player to play professionally with his sons?

What a joke.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1831, 1832, 1833 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1832 of 2086
Jump to: