The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1856, 1857, 1858 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
^ probably not in anyone’s instinct to leave the paint open for a layup instead of a 3 it is like 99% vs 40%, but obviously lebron could’ve done that being as smart as he is.

Lebron had a crappy game, but I don’t have an issue with what he did on the last play. He defended against the giveaway layout, and when the pass went out to the 3-point line, he closed on it pretty quickly.

Obviously, there are people in this thread who have drastically different opinions on how the last play should have been defended, and that's cool.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Why are so many re-constructing the final play so hard. It happens every game.

James does this literally every game. He drifts near the paint and leaves 3 pt shooters wide open and then barely contests as they take the shot. At times not even lifting his hand.

Rough part is he floats into the edge of the paint. All too often not battling for a rebound or even boxing out. Just kind of drifting in between. This time just burned him and the Lakers

The loss had more to do with other mistakes and boneheaded plays well before that game winning shot.

That last possession was on all our guys. Reaves and Shroeder double teaming a dribble drive with AD and Lebron in position to help on that drive. They all chose to stop a 2 point shot attempt.

Doubling Mathurin(?) was a mistake. There should have been better communication. But, you follow the ball handler, because players love to take pull up three's coming off of picks/screens on the perimeter. Just lots of mistakes. But, all that said, that doesn't negate LeBron's terrible decision. No matter what other guys are doing, YOU guard the open shooter in front of you. That didn't happen.

Last edited by sonic the laker on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
^ probably not in anyone’s instinct to leave the paint open for a layup instead of a 3 it is like 99% vs 40%, but obviously lebron could’ve done that being as smart as he is.

Lebron had a crappy game, but I don’t have an issue with what he did on the last play. He defended against the giveaway layout, and when the pass went out to the 3-point line, he closed on it pretty quickly.

Obviously, there are people in this thread who have drastically different opinions on how the last play should have been defended, and that's cool.

Ya Lebron was well aware he was stuck between guarding a wide open layup for the tie or a wide open 3 for the win. The split second Halliburton turned, Lebron sprinted for the contest. Unfortunately he’s a step slower and maybe 5-10 years ago he would’ve been able to get to the contest quicker.

This is the season Lebrons gonna have to face reality about what his body can and cannot do anymore. He’s gonna have to adjust to plying an old man game…
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:54 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

From my viewpoint, LeBron is clearly prioritizing passing Kareem, over winning. If he can win, while getting the record, cool. But, breaking the record comes first. And, he's got his money, so...

I've seen a number of people say this, and I don't really get it.

Lebron doesn't need to "prioritize" breaking the record to break the record. All he needs to do is play 40 or so games and score his normal number of points. It's not like he's under some time pressure, or like he's taking more shots than normal.

His "prioritizing" the record is like me "prioritizing" getting up in the morning. It's something that's going to happen whether he tries to make it happen or not.

Obviously, none of us can read Lebron's mind. But nothing about his actions suggest to me he is doing anything out of the ordinary in pursuit of Kareem's record, which, like I said, is inevitable at this point.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:55 pm    Post subject:

So much for saying the ball will run through to AD more often and telling AD that he's gonna take the backseat to him. He's obviously gunning for the scoring record.

Last edited by Lakersfan1211 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

From my viewpoint, LeBron is clearly prioritizing passing Kareem, over winning. If he can win, while getting the record, cool. But, breaking the record comes first. And, he's got his money, so...

Lebron doesn't need to "prioritize" breaking the record to break the record. All he needs to do is play 40 or so games and score his normal number of points. It's not like he's under some time pressure, or like he's taking more shots than normal.

His "prioritizing" the record is like me "prioritizing" getting up in the morning.

I think the people who imagine that the scoring record is foremost on Lebron's mind are projecting.

Granted, this is my opinion. Not a proven fact. It's my view of LeBron's vibe, when he plays. Am I saying LeBron wants to lose? No. But, I do believe that playing winning basketball is not what he's truly interested in. Could it be because he see's this as a lost season? Maybe. I honestly don't know. But, if a player doesn't/can't/refuses to acknowledge that the style of play they're used to, isn't working...but, still doing it. I believe it's fair if fans/observers raise valid questions/concerns.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:09 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

Ya Lebron was well aware he was stuck between guarding a wide open layup for the tie or a wide open 3 for the win. The split second Halliburton turned, Lebron sprinted for the contest. Unfortunately he’s a step slower and maybe 5-10 years ago he would’ve been able to get to the contest quicker.

This is the season Lebrons gonna have to face reality about what his body can and cannot do anymore. He’s gonna have to adjust to plying an old man game…

I think we've already seen Lebron adjust his game over the past few years. He's taking a lot more 3-pointers, and he's taking a lot less shots at the basket. I suspect he's not going to make any additional significant changes.

And honestly, I don't think he can make any changes that will have a meaningful impact. Outside of AD and Lebron, this is pretty crappy team. The fact that some people are exciting about Lonnie Walker, who really isn't doing anything that special, shows me how bad this team is.

Don't get me wrong. Lebron isn't having a good season so far. But I don't think there's some adjustment he can make that is going to have some big effect.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:09 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

His "prioritizing" the record is like me "prioritizing" getting up in the morning.

I think the people who imagine that the scoring record is foremost on Lebron's mind are projecting.

Granted, this is my opinion. Not a proven fact. It's my view of LeBron's vibe, when he plays. Am I saying LeBron wants to lose? No. But, I do believe that playing winning basketball is not what he's truly interested in. Could it be because he see's this as a lost season? Maybe. I honestly don't know. But, if a player doesn't/can't/refuses to acknowledge that the style of play they're used to, isn't working...but, still doing it. I believe it's fair if fans/observers raise valid questions/concerns.

Most of the time it’s the players themselves that can’t see that they are not what they once were. Lebron has talked a lot about getting his rhythm back this season. In my opinion, he thinks it’s a matter of just continuing to do what he’s doing and eventually the ship will right itself….because he’s Lebron.

At some point ( I think we’re there) it’s not a rhythm thing and it’s just that you can’t do it like you used to. Can a rhythm allow him to play better? Absolutely….but what’s Lebrons ceiling as player now? Top 8-10 player at best? That’s not gonna cut it on this roster. The main reason we won in 2020 was because Lebron and AD were the 2 best players in the bubble. That’s what it took.

That version of Lebron is no more, and a big issue right now is Lebron doesn’t want to believe that yet.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:20 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

You certainly are not alone in thinking/imagining/projecting that breaking the record is on Lebron's mind 24-7. Like I said, none of us actually knows what Lebron is thinking. But it's hard for me to imagine that he is fixated on a daily basis on something that is going to happen inevitably by just showing up to work and doing his normal thing.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:20 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:

I think we've already seen Lebron adjust his game over the past few years. He's taking a lot more 3-pointers, and he's taking a lot less shots at the basket. I suspect he's not going to make any additional significant changes.

And honestly, I don't think he can make any changes that will have a meaningful impact. Outside of AD and Lebron, this is pretty crappy team. The fact that some people are exciting about Lonnie Walker, who really isn't doing anything that special, shows me how bad this team is.

Don't get me wrong. Lebron isn't having a good season so far. But I don't think there's some adjustment he can make that is going to have some big effect.

So, with all that said, the way this team played, with AD and no LeBron, did not make a positive impression on you. Guys like Reaves, and Walker, and Russ stepping up their play, leads you to believe that "this is (a) pretty crappy team"?

If that's your take-away, so be it. We all see things differently. But, I, for one, absolutely loved the team play, when LeBron was sidelined. The games were enjoyable to watch, because they played together as a team. AD did the heavy lifting, but there was no over reliance on him. That's the difference between now, and then.

Playing with LeBron often leads to guys role being minimized to strictly stationary 3 & D play. Little else. It worked when he was younger, because LeBron was so dynamic, he could...and did...do everything else. He can't do that anymore, but his playstyle stays the same, except for less driving, and more shooting. Which is why...outside the odd hot streak...LeBron has been a net negative, and horribly inefficient.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

You certainly are not alone in thinking/imagining/projecting that breaking the record is on Lebron's mind 24-7. Like I said, none of us actually knows what Lebron is thinking. But it's hard for me to imagine that he is fixated on a daily basis on something that is going to happen inevitably by just showing up to work and doing his normal thing.

And, that's just it. LeBron's usual "normal thing" isn't a normal thing, anymore. Father Time, injuries, illness...whatever it may be. LeBron isn't that easy walking bucket, anymore. But, continuing to play like he is, is a clear detriment to the team. My hope was, seeing the way the team played in his absence, would lead him to ADD to the chemistry that was building. He played team ball for literally one game. Then, back to status quo.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:36 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:

If that's your take-away, so be it. We all see things differently. But, I, for one, absolutely loved the team play, when LeBron was sidelined. The games were enjoyable to watch, because they played together as a team. AD did the heavy lifting, but there was no over reliance on him. That's the difference between now, and then.

I am less excited about that stretch of basketball than you, since our success and good play came against some of the worst teams in the league. When we played against a good team during Lebron's absence, like the Sun, we stunk it up.

So I don't buy the notion that we are a better team without him. That's not to say we are a good team with him.

I've resigned myself to the idea that this team's ceiling, at this point, is making the play-in tournament. But maybe we'll get lucky, the NBA computers will have a glitch, and they'll change the schedule so we'll face the Spurs and Pistons for 40 games. We'd have a decent shot at making the playoffs
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:46 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

His "prioritizing" the record is like me "prioritizing" getting up in the morning. It's something that's going to happen whether he tries to make it happen or not.

Obviously, none of us can read Lebron's mind. But nothing about his actions suggest to me he is doing anything out of the ordinary in pursuit of Kareem's record, which, like I said, is inevitable at this point.

Stop taking tech free throws would be a good start, lol
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:11 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

I am less excited about that stretch of basketball than you, since our success and good play came against some of the worst teams in the league. When we played against a good team during Lebron's absence, like the Sun, we stunk it up.

So I don't buy the notion that we are a better team without him. That's not to say we are a good team with him.

I've resigned myself to the idea that this team's ceiling, at this point, is making the play-in tournament. But maybe we'll get lucky, the NBA computers will have a glitch, and they'll change the schedule so we'll face the Spurs and Pistons for 40 games. We'd have a decent shot at making the playoffs

People get too caught up in the teams we played, as opposed to how we played those teams. Also, last season, those same teams beat the brakes off us. That was with and without LeBron/AD. This squad, without LeBron, was at least beating bad those bad teams, and looking like a real team while doing it.

And, that's what you want. Too many people thinking you can just skip steps to having a good team. You can't cheat the process. Trying to prop up a very clearly declining LeBron James, with trades, is not the answer. That's like trying to build a house on sand.

And, projecting this team as a play-in team is optimistic, lol. But, we'll see.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject:

Picture this

His money goes up but his play gets gets worse for the next few years. Get pumped!
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Picture this

His money goes up but his play gets gets worse for the next few years. Get pumped!

Let’s hope it’s not a Steve Nash situation in the last year where LeBron has injuries but refuses to retire and squeaks out 10 games played to make sure he gets paid in full.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:31 am    Post subject:

Come on, Bron. You're better and smarter than this.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

he looks like the best 38yr old to ever play but he does look 38, defense been severely lacking, points harder to come by, hope I'm wrong and he just needs better load management
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:

People get too caught up in the teams we played, as opposed to how we played those teams. Also, last season, those same teams beat the brakes off us. That was with and without LeBron/AD. This squad, without LeBron, was at least beating bad those bad teams, and looking like a real team while doing it.

And, that's what you want. Too many people thinking you can just skip steps to having a good team. You can't cheat the process. Trying to prop up a very clearly declining LeBron James, with trades, is not the answer. That's like trying to build a house on sand.

And, projecting this team as a play-in team is optimistic, lol. But, we'll see.

The big difference is we are better this year and both AD and Russ are playing better.

We all know what the issue is. Most tried to put the blame on everyone and everything else.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
defense wrote:
Picture this

Let’s hope it’s not a Steve Nash situation in the last year where LeBron has injuries but refuses to retire and squeaks out 10 games played to make sure he gets paid in full.

Oh you know he will. He’s going to keep gunning so he can catch Kareem. This his next goal is to play with Bronny and get paid. I wish he would but I don’t see him retiring at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:58 am    Post subject:

One thing to always keep in mind about LBJ, he's a front runner. He's a guy that beasts and at his best when he knows he has all the tools to work with on his team and can get over the top with what he has. You saw that even with old Bron in 19-20, 20-21. Not like that Lebron was suddenly younger than the Bron we saw in 18-19.

However, once he sees that the parts aren't there, naturally as a guy that moves the ball around and is a team guy, he seems to lose faith a bit, not on purpose but it seems present there to me in his approach. I saw it in the Suns series after AD went down after game 4. I saw it in the season of 18-19 and last year. He doesn't thrive in the underdog role, he thrives as the clear cut favorite who has all the pressure to win.

This situation and last year, just aren't good for him from his natural perspective. Throughout his career in CLE (late years first run, all the years second run) and Miami, his teams were loaded. All had great shooters, and great team depth as well as a second star player (even third at times). This current team only has a second star player, but everything else is dramatically different. He just doesn't seem like in a Laker jersey at least, he's ever had that fight when in these situations. Some say it's his age but I also think it's his mentality. He's not Kobe like that way. He will load manage and ensure his body and career take priority. It's smart, actually. Historically he's always jumped or arranged his teams where he's had loaded teams. In LA, for whatever reason he wasn't able to arrange the same situations and accepted it and signed longterm contracts. In Cleveland, he'd never sign contracts like that, unless he knew the team was doing everything possible to add the weapons he needed to beleive he can win a title each year. In a way, he picked us to retire and chill, and won a title along the way, He never approached us with the aggressive win now each year manner he did CLE or Miami.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
the final 3 mins of the game, AD touched the ball for a total of 10 seconds. ESPN showed that number and that’s on Bron since AD is the big guy and Bron needs to hand it to him. Think about it 10 seconds for the last 3 minutes is crazy
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Can’t wait for this guy to go

This is what happens when u chase superstars at any cost. Old farts are here when their prime is done
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:14 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

for sure.. but wayyyyy slower.

-Bron
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:49 pm    Post subject:

This is disgusting
https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1597653014793199616?s=20&t=YLqUtzn11JJJ-1ucFxknfw
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1856, 1857, 1858 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1857 of 2082
Jump to: