The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1858, 1859, 1860 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Good stuff, Bron!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Of course he puts on a performance like tonight to remind us of how great he is...

Fact is I prefer him to be more consistent at this stage rather than hot or cold game. Something in between for the rest of the season will be great.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi haters, where u at?

Just like old times, last season all over again.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:07 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

You definitely have two or three posters who basically spend their lives in this thread taking digs at lebron. And whenever he has a good game, they disappear. I think if Lebron and the Lakers go on a hot streak, those guys will go into a deep clinical depression.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

You definitely have two or three posters who basically spend their lives in this thread taking digs at lebron. And whenever he has a good game, they disappear. I think if Lebron and the Lakers go on a hot streak, those guys will go into a deep clinical depression.

Here's hoping.
For a hot streak, not necessary depression
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:25 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Of course he puts on a performance like tonight to remind us of how great he is...

Fact is I prefer him to be more consistent at this stage rather than hot or cold game. Something in between for the rest of the season will be great.

But that’s the issue with aging. Good games come less often. Father Time is out of everyone’s control. Some nights he’ll have it going and some he won’t, it should be expected at 38 years old
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:11 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

But that’s the issue with aging. Good games come less often. Father Time is out of everyone’s control. Some nights he’ll have it going and some he won’t, it should be expected at 38 years old

^All of this.^

When people criticize facets of LeBron's game, there's always those defenders who start calling people "haters". Are there "haters" of LeBron? I'm sure there are. But, I'm sure that there are more people who are just fans of the team/game, and call out bad play...from whomever it involves.

When you're one of the stars of the team, that comes with the territory. You get the lion share of the money, accolades, and fame. You also get the lion share of blame. That holds true for AD, and Russ, as well.

LeBron can still play basketball at a high level. But, not the explosive/dominating way, he used to. And, not the high usage way he used to. Time and attrition have caught up to LeBron, and its up to him and the coaches to find the right formula that maximizes the player he is NOW. Not trying to hold on to the image of the player he WAS.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

This is what I was referring to. He will have games like this where he looks like a beast again. It just won't be throughout the RS. So needs a very deep team around him, which unfortunately at the moment we don't have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:55 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

They will be depressed once Lebron broke the all time scoring record while helping to lead the Lakers to the playoffs. Championship would be nice but I don't think we have the depth to hang with other powerhouses. He's one month shy of 38 years young btw.

Most NBA players already retire by 36. Father Time has been defeated.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:06 am    Post subject:

Just get this man to the post season healthy, he still an upper echelon #2 option
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
This is what I was referring to. He will have games like this where he looks like a beast again. It just won't be throughout the RS. So needs a very deep team around him, which unfortunately at the moment we don't have.

Yup and he takes up too much of the salary cap to place a deep team around him. His on the court production is not equal to his salary. It’s one of the reasons we will be going nowhere and why I wish the lakers hadn’t extended him but here we are. I am sure ticket and merch sales are doing just fine
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:14 am    Post subject:

I’m sure the “haters” are celebrating the good performance and win by the team, not just tracking James.

A Laker win is the important issue, isn’t it? At 8-12 they need a lot more of these types of games.

James takes the heat and the accolades because he is the focal point of the Lakers for good or bad. Acknowledging his good games should not dismiss the bad ones. There is room for appraisal of both as they occur.

Lakers won. James played well. Be great to see more of both.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject:

I really hate what we've become. A team 4 games under .500 and clearly out of playoff contention, yet giving praise to someone that put us into this situation every single time he has one good game, not taking into account that the ENTIRE team played well against a team without their best player. So is this what I have to look forward to the next 3 seasons??? Then when I, or someone else points out our obvious demise we get called a "hater", because we don't bow down and kiss the ring of this dude. I said I was gonna give this team 20 games to show me something. Call me spoiled, entitled, a "hater" or whatever childish names you want, but 8-12 hardly gets my blood boiled. F this!!!!
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:19 am    Post subject:

Lebron having one monster game means nothing if he comes back and f's up the next three. If stating that qualifies me as a 'hater', I'll own that title proudly.

Those long 3 pointers of his are still low percentage shots, and his mannerism still disrupts the offense. If his bombs don't go in last night, we lose the game. I need for Lebron to pick and choose his moments. I need for him to be sure AD, Reaves, and other capable players are involved, I need for him to play hard defensively, I need for him to play smart and effectively during "winning time", and not be selfish with his shot selection. When he can do these things consistently, he'll get his props. I'm not one to be fooled by just one good shooting game.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:23 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I really hate what we've become. A team 4 games under .500 and clearly out of playoff contention, yet giving praise to someone that put us into this situation every single time he has one good game, not taking into account that the ENTIRE team played well against a team without their best player. So is this what I have to look forward to the next 3 seasons??? Then when I, or someone else points out our obvious demise we get called a "hater", because we don't bow down and kiss the ring of this dude. I said I was gonna give this team 20 games to show me something. Call me spoiled, entitled, a "hater" or whatever childish names you want, but 8-12 hardly gets my blood boiled. F this!!!!

LeBron lost the Pacers game, just as he did a few others this season. One can admit that without being a "hater".

However, you're a hater. Playing the victim despite your post history is weird behavior.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
kwase wrote:

LeBron lost the Pacers game, just as he did a few others this season. One can admit that without being a "hater".

However, you're a hater. Playing the victim despite your post history is weird behavior.

Where have you been the last few games? Under a rock crying tears for your Lord and savior? Kick rocks dude.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

he is making 50m a year for 2 more years. We are 1&1 since he returned from injury. For his salary to be validated we need to win most if not every game he plays knowing he will break down.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

he is making 50m a year for 2 more years. We are 1&1 since he returned from injury. For his salary to be validated we need to win most if not every game he plays knowing he will break down.

We can't because there's another guy making $47M that's sitting on the bench? Have you ever thought of that? Lebron is great but he isn't god. There's a limit to how much he could carry the team, especially at this young age of 38.

His value lies in both his popularity and his contribution to the team, both of which Brick does not provide. So yea, Bron is well worth the $50M, Brick isn't.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

They will be depressed once Lebron broke the all time scoring record while helping to lead the Lakers to the playoffs. Championship would be nice but I don't think we have the depth to hang with other powerhouses. He's one month shy of 38 years young btw.

Most NBA players already retire by 36. Father Time has been defeated.

I don't want to get all hypey about Lebron.

He isn't the player he was once, but he can still perform at a high level. And he is performing an at amazing level for his age.

If he is able to get past the shooting woes that have dogged him to start the season and trend back toward his career norms, that will help a lot.

I don't think this team has enough talent to be genuine contender, but if AD and Lebron stay healthy and perform at their best, you can always hope for something.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

We can't because there's another guy making $47M that's sitting on the bench? Have you ever thought of that? Lebron is great but he isn't god. There's a limit to how much he could carry the team, especially at this young age of 38.

His value lies in both his popularity and his contribution to the team, both of which Brick does not provide. So yea, Bron is well worth the $50M, Brick isn't.

nope. Russ is expiring and playing well. obviously overpaid but 50 million for 2+ more years for a broken down, 1-dimensional player who has led us to the lottery 2 of the 4 years he's been here is unacceptable.

Bron is nowhere near a 50m player not even as a business move. If we won the games he played, maybe you can make the argument. Unfortunately, we don't.

BTW- Not to get political but Brons take on the Jerry Jones photo was real and I am glad he brought it up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:00 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

^All of this.^

When people criticize facets of LeBron's game, there's always those defenders who start calling people "haters". Are there "haters" of LeBron? I'm sure there are. But, I'm sure that there are more people who are just fans of the team/game, and call out bad play...from whomever it involves.

When you're one of the stars of the team, that comes with the territory. You get the lion share of the money, accolades, and fame. You also get the lion share of blame. That holds true for AD, and Russ, as well.

LeBron can still play basketball at a high level. But, not the explosive/dominating way, he used to. And, not the high usage way he used to. Time and attrition have caught up to LeBron, and its up to him and the coaches to find the right formula that maximizes the player he is NOW. Not trying to hold on to the image of the player he WAS.

I think it's perfect fine for people to criticize Lebron. I certainly do.

For me, the issue is we have a few people on this board that do nothing but criticize Lebron. Even when they respond to threads that have nothing to do with Lebron, they put in digs about him.

I do my best to avoid reading those posters just because they are so one-note and so eye-glazingly boring. I don't have a problem with their viewpoint -- I just don't need to hear the same thing, over and over, a dozen times a day.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

nope. Russ is expiring and playing well. obviously overpaid but 50 million for 2+ more years for a broken down, 1-dimensional player who has led us to the lottery 2 of the 4 years he's been here is unacceptable.

Bron is nowhere near a 50m player not even as a business move. If we won the games he played, maybe you can make the argument. Unfortunately, we don't.

BTW- Not to get political but Brons take on the Jerry Jones photo was real and I am glad he brought it up.

.399-.317-.707 is playing well? And that's off the bench.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

.399-.317-.707 is playing well? And that's off the bench.

How about better. Reality is, he no longer is the albatross. Bron is. By far.

We don't win with him playing. He misses tons of games. Doesnt know how to adjust to a new role. We have 2+ more years of that. Russ is gone. BUT while he is here , he at least has adjusted, shows up and from what I have seen, we tend to lose games or leads when he is taken out.

You can spin it any way you want. We have to maintain the same intensity for his contract as we did with other players.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

He's up to 32.4% from 3. Creeping closer to his mid-30's mark.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:18 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

Can we be critical of both when they deserve it or does James always get a pass because he is iconic /popular? Details matter if you want to win. Still the goal, right?

Both have similar issues. Minimal defense, inconsistent offense, and the infrequent highlight play that excites the crowd. Neither tends to value possessions or do the little things that win games anymore.

James was just as lackadaisical on defending the three last night ( every night) as he was on the final Pacers shot. Despite going 6-8 ( instead the of 3-10 the game before) he still takes wasteful 30ft+ 3pta for no reason. iirc last nights was an air ball?

At the start of the game, perhaps there was a reason the Lakers were getting out rebounded and went down double digits. Perhaps there was a reason the defense and rebounding picked up when Gabriel and Bryant started providing some energy and box outs. And helped overcame that deficit to take the lead by halftime.

Watch the highlight clip of the dunk by Portland’s Sharpe. Westbrook lazily drifted into the paint expecting the rebound to drop into his hands. Oops!
He and James are constantly drifting into no man’s land and allowing rebounds or open threes. Details!

James is still amazing. He deserves the praise when he earns it. He also deserves the criticism when he earns it. I agree the monster dunks are exciting. His ability to finish at the rim, still elite. Amazing what he is doing at his age. But it does not relieve him of his responsibilities to lead the team to wins.

He ( and his most ardent supporters) can’t have it both ways, is he either the center of the Lakers universe or an aging role player that you make excuses for. Pick one, because trying to be both is not working.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1858, 1859, 1860 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1859 of 2082
Jump to: