The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1859, 1860, 1861 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

Just like old times, last season all over again.

he is making 50m a year for 2 more years. We are 1&1 since he returned from injury. For his salary to be validated we need to win most if not every game he plays knowing he will break down.

We can't because there's another guy making $47M that's sitting on the bench? Have you ever thought of that? Lebron is great but he isn't god. There's a limit to how much he could carry the team, especially at this young age of 38.

His value lies in both his popularity and his contribution to the team, both of which Brick does not provide. So yea, Bron is well worth the $50M, Brick isn't.

nope. Russ is expiring and playing well. obviously overpaid but 50 million for 2+ more years for a broken down, 1-dimensional player who has led us to the lottery 2 of the 4 years he's been here is unacceptable.

Bron is nowhere near a 50m player not even as a business move. If we won the games he played, maybe you can make the argument. Unfortunately, we don't.

BTW- Not to get political but Brons take on the Jerry Jones photo was real and I am glad he brought it up.

.399-.317-.707 is playing well? And that's off the bench.

How about better. Reality is, he no longer is the albatross. Bron is. By far.

We don't win with him playing. He misses tons of games. Doesnt know how to adjust to a new role. We have 2+ more years of that. Russ is gone. BUT while he is here , he at least has adjusted, shows up and from what I have seen, we tend to lose games or leads when he is taken out.

You can spin it any way you want. We have to maintain the same intensity for his contract as we did with other players.

I think both Lebron and Westbrook's contracts are albatross contracts at this point. The good news is Russ is off the books next season. No spin needed, neither of them are living up to their pay. If I was forced to pick the one that is playing worse... I would pick Westbrook hands down.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

he is making 50m a year for 2 more years. We are 1&1 since he returned from injury. For his salary to be validated we need to win most if not every game he plays knowing he will break down.

We can't because there's another guy making $47M that's sitting on the bench? Have you ever thought of that? Lebron is great but he isn't god. There's a limit to how much he could carry the team, especially at this young age of 38.

His value lies in both his popularity and his contribution to the team, both of which Brick does not provide. So yea, Bron is well worth the $50M, Brick isn't.

nope. Russ is expiring and playing well. obviously overpaid but 50 million for 2+ more years for a broken down, 1-dimensional player who has led us to the lottery 2 of the 4 years he's been here is unacceptable.

Bron is nowhere near a 50m player not even as a business move. If we won the games he played, maybe you can make the argument. Unfortunately, we don't.

BTW- Not to get political but Brons take on the Jerry Jones photo was real and I am glad he brought it up.

1-dimensional player who made the all-star starter every year he was here. Obviously, he wasn't the problem.

Bron is actually worth more than $50M considering the level of interest he's generating this year going after the all-time scoring record. Win or lose, he's a cashcow for the Lakers and Jeanie and Jeanie loves money so she loves Lebron.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Hi haters, where u at?

.399-.317-.707 is playing well? And that's off the bench.

How about better. Reality is, he no longer is the albatross. Bron is. By far.

We don't win with him playing. He misses tons of games. Doesnt know how to adjust to a new role. We have 2+ more years of that. Russ is gone. BUT while he is here , he at least has adjusted, shows up and from what I have seen, we tend to lose games or leads when he is taken out.

You can spin it any way you want. We have to maintain the same intensity for his contract as we did with other players.

I think both Lebron and Westbrook's contracts are albatross contracts at this point. The good news is Russ is off the books next season. No spin needed, neither of them are living up to their pay. If I was forced to pick the one that is playing worse... I would pick Westbrook hands down.

Maybe. Assuming winning isn't the priority.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

Russ is playing well for a bench player. If you compare him to PatBev, then yea, he's definitely outplaying Bev.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

lebron played great defense on Grant last night, he was the only one able to contest his shot.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

James is up to almost neutral in RAPTOR after starting the season, like much of our team, in the deep negatives. Other notable jumps include LW4. Reaves at a 3.4 right now. Anthony Davis top-5 in the league. I won't mention what Westbrook has since dancing after every assist is worth more to fans than actual outcomes.

Last year I believe we had only 3 players at a positive or neutral RAPTOR by the end of the year. Something to keep an eye on.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
James is up to almost neutral in RAPTOR after starting the season, like much of our team, in the deep negatives. Other notable jumps include LW4. Reaves at a 3.4 right now. Anthony Davis top-5 in the league. I won't mention what Westbrook has since dancing after every assist is worth more to fans than actual outcomes.

Last year I believe we had only 3 players at a positive or neutral RAPTOR by the end of the year. Something to keep an eye on.

these are great.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:07 am    Post subject:

On the RAPTOR point, it looks like have about a viable rotation of 7-8 players so far. 7 if you exclude Christie, and Bryant and Wenyen's standing is a little shaky so early on as well with so few minutes, but it more or less confirms what we know. This team needs 2 more playable rotation players to even qualify for the playoffs, in my mind.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
On the RAPTOR point, it looks like have about a viable rotation of 7-8 players so far. 7 if you exclude Christie, and Bryant and Wenyen's standing is a little shaky so early on as well with so few minutes, but it more or less confirms what we know. This team needs 2 more playable rotation players to even qualify for the playoffs, in my mind.

we have too many players, not saying we are deep, but something needs to be done, we can't keep sending out the 4 guard lineups just to get minutes for guys like Nunn and Pat Bev

Last edited by mad55557777 on Thu Dec 01, 2022 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
levon wrote:

we have too many players, not saying we are deep, but something needs to be done, we can't keep sending out the 4 guard lineups for to get minutes for guys like Nunn and Pat Bev

Yeah we definitely have too many guards and need to fuse them into a wing or two.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:58 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
lakez34 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
This is disgusting
https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1597653014793199616?s=20&t=YLqUtzn11JJJ-1ucFxknfw

Painfully accurate.

Put this ish on a jumbotron and loop it.

Honestly, this stuff LeBron has been getting away with since becoming a Laker. Except, he was still so good in other areas, it made up the difference, and then some. Now, he doesn't have the out-of-your-seat plays, to mask his poor on court effort, and leadership. Don't ask/demand of others, the things you can't/refuse to do.

It would bother me more if he were younger, not on a gimpy ankle and giving that kind of effort (or lack thereof) continuously during the playoffs…but we talking about a 20 yr vet just trying to load manage himself during the regular season.

But if y’all want to give him that type of critique, can’t ignore when dude does put in the work…you gotta keep that same energy…

Quote:
Jason Timpf @_JasonLT
LeBron did some nice work on Jerami Grant last night.

Jerami tried to make a play with LeBron as his primary defender 15 times, and was held to 4 for 14 shooting with an assist.

These aren’t stagnant possessions either. He had to navigate screens and DHOs on almost ever play.

https://twitter.com/_JasonLT/status/1598359380797243392

Speaking of keeping that energy….

Quote:
LeBron James to the media:

"I was wondering why I haven’t gotten a question from you guys about the Jerry Jones photo. But when the Kyrie thing was going on, you guys were quick to ask us questions about that.”

https://twitter.com/hoopshype/status/1598313717736779776

https://www.usnews.com/news/business/articles/2022-11-30/amazon-ceo-says-company-wont-take-down-antisemitic-film

Uhh media, where y’all at?
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:08 pm    Post subject:

Why would the reporters be expected to ask James about Jones? Not seeing the issue.

Kyrie is an ex teammate, friend and was at one point heavily rumored to be a trade target for the Lakers. There is some relevance to consider.

Jones is an owner from another sport caught up in a 60 yr old scandal. Was any athlete asked to respond? Maybe a Dallas Cowboy?

If James wants to use his platform, media presence or any of his TV talk shows for political or social commentary he has the ability to do so. Why would basketball reporters be expected to ask him the question.

Did they ask him about the FIFA scandals? Bee Extinction? Trump or Biden scandals? Twitter? The City Council scandal?

James can talk about anything he wants on his time. He is not shy, if he wants to comment… just comment.

Last edited by Four Decade Bandwagon on Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:23 pm    Post subject:

I mean football falls under the sports umbrella and Bron is recently hosting TNF on Amazon…so there’s an angle there as well.

If they want to find his thoughts in Ky, it’s not too far off base to ask him about Jones & Bezos. He did have comments and tweets addressing Sarver.

And while we’re at it, why don’t you ask all the NBA athletes why Phx has a gorilla as a mascot. I had no idea they were largely indigenous to that part of the world.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 11:32 pm    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
I mean football falls under the sports umbrella and Bron is recently hosting TNF on Amazon…so there’s an angle there as well.

If they want to find his thoughts in Ky, it’s not too far off base to ask him about Jones & Bezos. He did have comments and tweets addressing Sarver.

And while we’re at it, why don’t you ask all the NBA athletes why Phx has a gorilla as a mascot. I had no idea they were largely indigenous to that part of the world.

This "controversy" Brons is trying to create is just ridiculous on Bron's part by trying to use whataboutitism to protect Kyrie the moron. This is just ridiculous behavior on Bron's part and he needs to be called out for it. A 60 year old photo of a kid Jerry Jones just standing there???? Give me a break
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:07 am    Post subject:

Lebron is spot on.. mad respects for having the balls to call out the hypocrites in the media..
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:13 am    Post subject:

Kyrie is Lebrons friend, ex teammate, they won a championship together, and he tried recruiting him to the lakers last year. They also play in the same sport and it also happened just this year…. It’s laughable to compare the two.
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject:

I wish Lebron kept this same social justice energy regarding Chinas use of Uyghur slave labor in concentration camps to source his Nikes… but that would hit his wallet so of course no mention of that.
Koalita
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:49 am    Post subject:

LBJ can be asked about Jones, but I think him EXPECTING media to ask him about Jones is all about either entitlement or agenda. I hope it's just agenda....
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:12 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Lebron is spot on.. mad respects for having the balls to call out the hypocrites in the media..

No doubt there are hypocrites in the media. The daily spin on events is downright comical at times. There is a long list of questions that “ should” be asked.

This “calling out “ of the media in this particular case is puzzling though. Why ask him?

If he feels compelled to make a social comment on Jones he should make a social comment. It is not like he does not have multiple platforms to use, people who will listen or wants to avoid the spotlight. Devote a whole Barber Shop episode to it if he likes.

Perhaps it is simply a provocative distraction from the media questions about the Lakers losing seasons, poor performances, trade rumors and his level of accountability for all of it.

Would not be the first time the hypocrites in the media or fans can be easily distracted by a shiny new object.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:46 am    Post subject:

Yeah the Nike/China angle should be addressed too…no doubt about it! But maybe he chooses not to cause it doesn’t necessarily involve his people/tribe.

So that might explain why he wants to address the Jones thing. But if that’s the case, he should also address the Bezos/Amazon angle, since they choose to give the material that made his guy, Ky, an anti-Semite a platform and refuse to take it down. It would be pretty G for Bron to chop Shop on it while they live streaming during TNF. But that would involve the green angle and that’s really what this whole game is about anyways. Can’t F up the bag!

Still, I applaud Bron for wanting to call out the hypocrisy…but keep it 💯 my G and keep that same energy in addressing the other matters that need attention.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

I didn't see Lebron showing any balls. I thought he was just grandstanding in an extremely safe way.

I mean, generically calling out "the media" for hypocrisy is a pretty safe comment for a professional athlete. It takes about as much balls as the LA Times calling out Trump for hosting Kanye West.

In this case, I didn't see any hypocrisy myself. Asking Lebron for a comment about Kyrie (a former teammate) is a no-brainer; asking for a comment about Jerry Jones (a guy in another sport who he has no connection to) is a stretch.

I don't think reporters were avoiding asking him about Jones; it just never occurred to them.

You know what would have taken actual balls? Lebron addressing his own hypocrisy about China. But he wouldn't do that because like most celebrities he restricts himself to really safe topics, and he backs away quickly when he encounters unexpected pushback.

Lebron is as big a hypocrite as anyone. And like a lot of celebrities he thinks his own sh*t smells like perfume.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Just a note:
https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1598766738979622933

Lebron needs 9 assists to pass Magic on the all-time assists leader board at #6.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:17 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Just a note:

Lebron needs 9 assists to pass Magic on the all-time assists leader board at #6.

he probably finish around 3or 4 after it is all said and done. below are the other categories he will likely finish in top 10
1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just a note:

he probably finish around 3or 4 after it is all said and done. below are the other categories he will likely finish in top 10
1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume

For me his most impressive stat is all the finals he made it to. Does not have a great record, but it is still impressive. I don't really care about all these other numbers, but that's just me.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just a note:

1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume

For me his most impressive stat is all the finals he made it to. Does not have a great record, but it is still impressive. I don't really care about all these other numbers, but that's just me.

30k/10k/10k is pretty impressive too. Not sure who's even close right now on reaching that mark.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1859, 1860, 1861 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1860 of 2086
Jump to: