The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1860, 1861, 1862 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

He’s showing up tonight
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Drifts wrote:
Lebron is spot on.. mad respects for having the balls to call out the hypocrites in the media..

No doubt there are hypocrites in the media. The daily spin on events is downright comical at times. There is a long list of questions that “ should” be asked.

This “calling out “ of the media in this particular case is puzzling though. Why ask him?

If he feels compelled to make a social comment on Jones he should make a social comment. It is not like he does not have multiple platforms to use, people who will listen or wants to avoid the spotlight. Devote a whole Barber Shop episode to it if he likes.

Perhaps it is simply a provocative distraction from the media questions about the Lakers losing seasons, poor performances, trade rumors and his level of accountability for all of it.

Would not be the first time the hypocrites in the media or fans can be easily distracted by a shiny new object.

sure Lebron can always make a comment about Jones in a different platform... maybe go on twitter, be a keyboard warrior right?

whether there is a connection between Kyrie and Lebron, or lack thereof between him and Jones is not the point... the point is, Lebron saw through the hypocrisy and called it out, right in their effing faces...

when Kyrie posted a link... it got blown way out of proportion... but then media goes silent on Jones

so yeah, mad respects for Lebron for standing up.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:21 pm    Post subject:

As long as Lebron is healthy….he’s still a handful. Loving how he’s slipping into the #2 role….which I always thought was more of a chemistry/cohesion issue…not that he doesn’t wanna give it up, he just reverts to his old
Habits when all else fails.

The more time spent on the court he’ll be able to find his way as Robin
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Congrats on passing magic in assists.
And great win.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Loved his game today ..... that cross court pass to Russ with 15 seconds left scared the sh*t out of me, but otherwise unreal game.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Man this game showed Bron is still elite. Realistically by the end of the season, I expect his numbers to be around 23 PER. Anything higher would be gravy.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Lebron the GOAT. Passing Magic and Kareem in the same season in assists and points? Wild stuff.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Loved this game. Initiated from the post the entire 2nd half with tons of paint pressure.

Not the scorer he once was, especially in getting to the line, but really solid game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Loved this game. Initiated from the post the entire 2nd half with tons of paint pressure.

Not the scorer he once was, especially in getting to the line, but really solid game.

It's criminal at this point on how he dont get any calls.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:43 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Absolutely we played through some bad calls where Giannis was getting his calls but Bron was getting nothing from the refs. Funny though that even while that was happening my gut told me Bron was at his normal customary Laker level so I didnt need to worry about it: Even had we lost this game, I had seen enough from the Bron and the Lakers
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:54 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Absolutely we played through some bad calls where Giannis was getting his calls but Bron was getting nothing from the refs. Funny though that even while that was happening my gut told me Bron was at his normal customary Laker level so I didnt need to worry about it: Even had we lost this game, I had seen enough from the Bron and the Lakers

After tonight it clearly shows what this team needs to do...

Pat/Schro/Nunn - 2 of them needs to be moved for a wing.

Russ - Only if it makes sense.

With Lebron/Reaves... This team does not really need a defacto PG. Those guys can initiate the offense. I would love for Bron to go back to his 2020 role when he was the PG.

Basically Lebron/AD surrounded by 3 wings 6'5 and taller.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:02 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

With Lebron/Reaves... This team does not really need a defacto PG. Those guys can initiate the offense. I would love for Bron to go back to his 2020 role when he was the PG.

I honestly don't want LeBron going back to that earlier role, he had. That's part of the problem we had earlier in the season, and why the team was playing so disjointed. This LeBron is not 2020 LeBron. I would prefer to limit his initiating the offense, from the perimeter. Leave that to guys like Reaves, Lonnie, Schroder. LeBron should be working closer to the basket, and get into scoring positions off ball/player movement/actions/sets. Not constant iso's at the three point line.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:07 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Dennis' contract is so small that it's hard to get value for him or match up salaries if he's the big piece.

Nunn has zero need on this team. Beverly's defensive intensity is nice but he's doing little else. I could be okay with him gone. But AD and LeBron is fine at C/PF. No need to mess with that. Nunn, 2 2nds for Thybulle and Beverly, Jones, 2 2nds for Oubre. If those two deals could happen, or some similar, we'd be in a very nice place. And I dare say could really compete with anyone if healthy.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

I honestly don't want LeBron going back to that earlier role, he had. That's part of the problem we had earlier in the season, and why the team was playing so disjointed. This LeBron is not 2020 LeBron. I would prefer to limit his initiating the offense, from the perimeter. Leave that to guys like Reaves, Lonnie, Schroder. LeBron should be working closer to the basket, and get into scoring positions off ball/player movement/actions/sets. Not constant iso's at the three point line.

Lebron is still athletic enough to play his 2020 role. His stats are actually almost pretty similar. Once again the problem on this team is not Lebron. It's the roster around him and AD the reason we look so disjointed... The roster is too unbalanced because we have to play 4 small PG's... We also had a rough shooting slump from 3 to start the season.
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Lebron takes the rebound. spins past Giannis and finished with a layup against Lopez. Damn poetry in motion.

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1598870392327663616?s=20&t=yuRvF6q1mMfyddtYrkBuGQ
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:56 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just a note:
https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1598766738979622933

Lebron needs 9 assists to pass Magic on the all-time assists leader board at #6.

he probably finish around 3or 4 after it is all said and done. below are the other categories he will likely finish in top 10
1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume

For me his most impressive stat is all the finals he made it to. Does not have a great record, but it is still impressive. I don't really care about all these other numbers, but that's just me.

30k/10k/10k is pretty impressive too. Not sure who's even close right now on reaching that mark.

Probably Luka, the thing is that lebron will get to 40k points easily when he is done. That is an unbreakable record
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just a note:

Lebron needs 9 assists to pass Magic on the all-time assists leader board at #6.

he probably finish around 3or 4 after it is all said and done. below are the other categories he will likely finish in top 10
1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume

For me his most impressive stat is all the finals he made it to. Does not have a great record, but it is still impressive. I don't really care about all these other numbers, but that's just me.

30k/10k/10k is pretty impressive too. Not sure who's even close right now on reaching that mark.

Probably Luka, the thing is that lebron will get to 40k points easily when he is done. That is an unbreakable record

After seeing how often he gets hurt now…makes me sit back in awe of how his body was able to hold up and be great for 8 straight finals runs. I don’t care if you play nothing but stiffs the whole way, playing that many games and that long without breaking down is absolutely insane. Like, just something as simple as stepping on another players foot and rolling it could’ve happened at any point.

For as talented as the Warriors were from 2015-2019…even they started breaking down after so many deep runs.

Lebron has an ungodly amount of miles on those legs of his (especially considering his style of play), here’s hoping his body can hold up just a bit longer.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just a note:

1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume

After seeing how often he gets hurt now…makes me sit back in awe of how his body was able to hold up and be great for 8 straight finals runs. I don’t care if you play nothing but stiffs the whole way, playing that many games and that long without breaking down is absolutely insane. Like, just something as simple as stepping on another players foot and rolling it could’ve happened at any point.

For as talented as the Warriors were from 2015-2019…even they started breaking down after so many deep runs.

Lebron has an ungodly amount of miles on those legs of his (especially considering his style of play), here’s hoping his body can hold up just a bit longer.

His body can extend it's use by reducing the wear on it. That was the primary reason the FO seaerched for another primary ballhandler. Westbrook, of course, was not the first consideration.

Now that we have not only another ballhandler in Westbrook (even though he may be traded any moment), but we have Schroder (who was a great addition), Reaves and Beverly helping a lot in that area.

Factor in the effectiveness of his low post skills, and the wear it saves on him by simply having to run down the court to setup where he decides, and the wear is reduced a bit as well.

It's a good situation for James with all of those guys being competent ballhandlers.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Just a note:

1st in points
2nd in FGs made
5th in 3PM
4th in FTM
4th in assist
8 or 9th in Stl
top 40 in rebounds
top100 in blocks.

most Turnovers too.
Steller resume

Luka is about 52 games behind right now. If you compare his games played with Lebron's first 4 seasons... He will have to stay relatively healthy the next 12 seasons without missing more than 15 games each season... With Luka's body, it will be a tough order.

Thought Giannis have a shot but I think he just dont assist enough.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:57 pm    Post subject:

He gets no calls. Can Darwin send something to the league office? It's ridiculous.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:13 am    Post subject:

He's up to 33.3% from 3. He keeps climbing to his expected 35% or so.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:39 am    Post subject:

The Khris Middleton to our AD but better, man, for real, just get Bron and AD in the playoff healthy
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:56 am    Post subject:

Just feed Davis and try not to take too many plays off. That is your job now.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

This is dope…

https://www.instagram.com/p/CluNXu0uTTV/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:00 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Lebron is still athletic enough to play his 2020 role. His stats are actually almost pretty similar. Once again the problem on this team is not Lebron. It's the roster around him and AD the reason we look so disjointed... The roster is too unbalanced because we have to play 4 small PG's... We also had a rough shooting slump from 3 to start the season.

Even if LeBron is athletic enough to play full-time PG, he shouldn't. We have to think about preserving him to keep him fresh for the playoffs (if we get there) plus the next two seasons.

That was the thinking behind getting Russ and also Schroder the year before. It's also why AD needs to be our no. 1 option in the halfcourt offense.

We need to limit and preserve LeBron the way the Lakers gradually did with Kareem in the mid-1980s.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1860, 1861, 1862 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1861 of 2079
Jump to: