The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1863, 1864, 1865 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
^^^Using Yinoma’s post as a jumpoff, I’m just going to give my unsolicited 2cents on this….

8 straight Finals with 2 orgs before getting to LA …can’t dispute that as fluky
1 bubble run flanked with postseason ineligibilities, a play-in and 1st round bounce…can dispute the ring as fluky

So other than age rob’n Bron of a glorious twilight to a storied career, what’s been the major issue stopping Bron’s Finals run?

Y’all already know.

And let’s say he had his LeGM cap on, didn’t he prove he could get it done with those other organizations by going to the Finals 8 straight times? But then suddenly his brains get scrambled when he comes here? That’s quite the story.

So whether it’s injury, him being the robin now to bADman or just him suddenly losing his GM cap know how, y’all should already know what it is. There’s been one common -link- in this story.

Yup.

Get LBJ/AD with a league average level front office, I think they are most likely not missing playoffs or starting out 2-10 b/c of inept front office decisions.

Our front office is bad no doubt, but I think the biggest reason we have not been making the playoffs is injuries to Davis and injuries/age for Lebron. This team outside of Lebron and Davis is still bad, but when those 2 play we win more.

Sure. But this is why I point out the 20-21 Lakers, as flawed as that team was.

LBJ/AD miss more games that season than they did in 21-22 (post Russ trade), yet, they finish at a 48 win pace (only 72 games due to COVID) while the next season, they can only win 33 games. The front office has over time, stripped the team of the depth that it needed to survive LBJ/AD injuries. That's on the front office's incompetence.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^^^Using Yinoma’s post as a jumpoff, I’m just going to give my unsolicited 2cents on this….

1 bubble run flanked with postseason ineligibilities, a play-in and 1st round bounce…can dispute the ring as fluky

So other than age rob’n Bron of a glorious twilight to a storied career, what’s been the major issue stopping Bron’s Finals run?

Y’all already know.

And let’s say he had his LeGM cap on, didn’t he prove he could get it done with those other organizations by going to the Finals 8 straight times? But then suddenly his brains get scrambled when he comes here? That’s quite the story.

So whether it’s injury, him being the robin now to bADman or just him suddenly losing his GM cap know how, y’all should already know what it is. There’s been one common -link- in this story.

Yep. Injuries.
Hoping we stay healthy this year.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
defense wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

Yup.

Get LBJ/AD with a league average level front office, I think they are most likely not missing playoffs or starting out 2-10 b/c of inept front office decisions.

Our front office is bad no doubt, but I think the biggest reason we have not been making the playoffs is injuries to Davis and injuries/age for Lebron. This team outside of Lebron and Davis is still bad, but when those 2 play we win more.

Sure. But this is why I point out the 20-21 Lakers, as flawed as that team was.

LBJ/AD miss more games that season than they did in 21-22 (post Russ trade), yet, they finish at a 48 win pace (only 72 games due to COVID) while the next season, they can only win 33 games. The front office has over time, stripped the team of the depth that it needed to survive LBJ/AD injuries. That's on the front office's incompetence.

Well yea, we had a much better team with a bunch of veterans. Lebron and Davis were younger. The salary cap started kicking in when that season was over. The one move that tanked us was getting Westbrook. Front office should take full criticism there. Any basketball mind could tell you that was not going to work.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

Yep. Injuries.

https://tenor.com/bgBUp.gif

A well constructed team around that duo could stay afloat during the regular season, so that healthier versions of themselves can ride a wave to the Finals.

Correct answer sounds like…

https://tenor.com/bx93W.gif
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

Yep. Injuries.

https://tenor.com/bgBUp.gif

A well constructed team around that duo could stay afloat during the regular season, so that healthier versions of themselves can ride a wave to the Finals.

Correct answer sounds like…

https://tenor.com/bx93W.gif

I know the FO isn't elite.
But I really liked the 2019-20 and 2020-21 rosters.
Last year was a mess.
Will see how this year plays out.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:44 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

i think the 8 straight finals argument is less impressive if you consider that:
-he was on loaded teams
-he jumped ship at the "right time"
-the competition wasnt great in the east

like was there a year where you thought Cavs/Heat shouldnt make the finals before the season/playoffs started?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:56 am    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

-he was on loaded teams

like was there a year where you thought Cavs/Heat shouldnt make the finals before the season/playoffs started?

I'm by no means a LBJ stan, but if it was so "easy," how come no one else has done it recently?

Like the Warriors with that loaded team couldn't even do 8 straight finals.

I think LBJ did help change the NBA, at least from 2010-18, where players sought to form Big 3s like that. Today, doesn't work as well IMO, but he was certainly influential.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

-he was on loaded teams

He has to beat a Western conference team in order to win a championship though. What about the win differential from the Cavs going from 70+ wins to lotto team after Lebron left?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

-he was on loaded teams

That Cavs team post Kyrie wasn't loaded; that's actually the year I was thinking, man, Lebron is really good.

Either way, being considered a contender doesn't guarantee you're making the finals. Making 8 straight finals is pretty impressive to me. Except if you're the Celtics since there were only 8 teams in the league. Now that's something we can dog on
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

bron was great on cavs.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
kwase wrote:
And vise-versa, we've got a few guys on this site that care more about lebron winning than the Lakers failing. I personally view scouring the internet for remotely negative comments about someone you don't know and will never meet pretty weak. From a Lakers perspective, 3 out of the 4 years he's been here have been a failure. Let's see how this one ends up.

You are the worst offender of the type.

You're speaking out of the side of your neck. My favorite player of all time is Magic. There are hundreds of negative comments about him on this site. Go find one of them where I replied taking up for him. Grown men worshiping other grown men aren't men in my book. It's just a game. You can like or dislike whoever you want as far as I'm concerned. Next time when/if you reply to me put more thought behind it and stay out of your feelings.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Our bubble title should tell us enough (at least it tells me) about how Bron can exploit situations to his advantage. If the format were a couple months off before starting the postseason, then I would bet on Bron/AD doing work and would give our FO their flowers on putting just enough around them to get us into the playoffs before they can all rest up to make a run for the chip. But, that’s not how a traditional season unfolds. So I really never like the roster construction around those 2 for a 82 season schedule followed immediately by a deep postseason run.

So in that regard, 8 straight title runs after a full NBA regular season schedule and sprinkled in with summer USA hoops ain’t nothing to illegitimize. Regardless of conference strength, luck and/or opposing key injuries, that run by Bron should have at least set a floor of expectations where we make the playoffs every year he’s here. But nope, our FO made sure to get in the way.

I still find it wild that many believe Bron pushed hard on the Russ trade, to only then cut spending outright to ease the tax bill on his girl, Jeanie. Such a wild narrative. No doubt Bron has influence over the roster, but he ain’t in charge of the nuances in the complete construction of these squads. I’d say the only area where I believe “LeGM” failed is in free agency recruitment. He couldn’t get certain key FAs to take the cap space we did have in 2018 & ‘19. Hopefully he & AD have a better go at it next summer, if that cap ain’t occupied by February. Personally, I hope it is cause I want no part of the 2023 crap plan.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
bron was great on cavs.

As a Laker: Finals MVP; 2nd in MVP voting; 4 all-NBA teams; lead league in assists; 27-7-7 on 50%-35%-70% shooting over 4+ years.

If you don't consider that great, you don't know what the word means.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:38 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

-he was on loaded teams

The Cavs had no business making the finals in 2015 and 2018 if you remember the rosters they fielded. The Heat were also on the ropes in both 2012 and 2013 because of injuries to Wade and Bosh.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:43 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has dragged super teams, regular teams, lottery team to the finals and he's beaten a superer team... Only 3 NBA teams have more finals appearance than LeBron... he good

Last edited by governator on Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:46 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron was great on cavs.

As a Laker: Finals MVP; 2nd in MVP voting; 4 all-NBA teams; lead league in assists; 27-7-7 on 50%-35%-70% shooting over 4+ years.

I don’t consider popularity contests great. The assists and shooting are certainly noteworthy.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:48 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:

-he was on loaded teams

You can try to add all the caveats and astericks you want, but making 8 straight finals in the modern NBA is one of the greatest accomplishments in NBA history.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:55 pm    Post subject:

but LBJ was kinda surrounded by garbage during his last few cavs finals though?

and was the lakers chip a "super team"? not really.
activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

-he was on loaded teams

You can try to add all the caveats and astericks you want, but making 8 straight finals in the modern NBA is one of the greatest accomplishments in NBA history.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron was great on cavs.

I don’t consider popularity contests great. The assists and shooting are certainly noteworthy.

Calling MVP awards "a popularity contest" is nothing but a lazy cliche.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:09 pm    Post subject:

There's Lakers vs Celtics at 1 and 2

then there's Warriors (6 out of 12) vs LeBron (4 out of 10) at 3 and 4

The rest of league, including Bulls and Spurs are single digit appearance
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:39 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
bron was great on cavs.

eh. he's old and broken. always hurt. last year he was only out to get his. that's why he said in his final interview that the season "wasn't a failure."

I judge guys on team success because like many here have done and said in the past when talking about other guys. "Putting up numbers on bad teams is easy." Thats all bron has done without the luxury of a 4month break to rest up.

With AD dominating, hopefully that's less wear and tear on bron and he can actually stay on the court. 50m for 2 more years is rough.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
but LBJ was kinda surrounded by garbage during his last few cavs finals though?

and was the lakers chip a "super team"? not really.
activeverb wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

-he was on loaded teams

No one questions brons greatness and where he stands in history. we didn't get that guy.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Going to the all those finals while keeping up your play is nothing to sneeze at. Just the amount of games alone without getting hurt is remarkable. Look at all the little injuries he gets now, that almost never happened in his prime. And that doesn’t even account for the fact that lots of injuries happened to the likes of Bosh/Wade, Love/Kyrie during that run also.

Lebron haters like to point out all the rest he got inbetween the covid lockdown and the bubble, but like to ignore that he got the least amount of rest of any player for 8 YEARS during that run.

The Warriors had an even more stacked team than any of Lebrons during their run and they started breaking down in that 5th year.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

Y’all already know.

Yep. Injuries.

While injuries certainly play a part, an unfortunate aspect of the game, teams can’t blame injuries for the type of ineptitude the Lakers have displayed. Consider the Clips and Nuggets…two teams that faced similar or worse injury situations yet both still competed respectfully. Both can point to injuries as a reason they didn’t perform better in the playoffs but both performed above the play-in level whereas the Lakers didn’t even make the play-in.

It’s not injuries…it’s roster construction. Teams have to plan for contingencies and proactively provide for a competitive team, anticipating an alternative plan B if certain players miss time…the Lakers with LeBron don’t have nor have ever had even an adequately constructed roster.

In case anyone thought they escaped it…lol…yes this is another plea for Turner, who provides insurance for AD, big wing big needs provided by LBJ, 3pt shooting, and intense shot blocking multiplied with two elite rim protectors so the defense improves as well.

If the roster had been properly constructed the Lakers would have won more with LeBron…and if it is properly upgrade…the Lakers would win more now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:16 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Yep. Injuries.

While injuries certainly play a part, an unfortunate aspect of the game, teams can’t blame injuries for the type of ineptitude the Lakers have displayed. Consider the Clips and Nuggets…two teams that faced similar or worse injury situations yet both still competed respectfully. Both can point to injuries as a reason they didn’t perform better in the playoffs but both performed above the play-in level whereas the Lakers didn’t even make the play-in.

It’s not injuries…it’s roster construction. Teams have to plan for contingencies and proactively provide for a competitive team, anticipating an alternative plan B if certain players miss time…the Lakers with LeBron don’t have nor have ever had even an adequately constructed roster.

In case anyone thought they escaped it…lol…yes this is another plea for Turner, who provides insurance for AD, big wing big needs provided by LBJ, 3pt shooting, and intense shot blocking multiplied with two elite rim protectors so the defense improves as well.

If the roster had been properly constructed the Lakers would have won more with LeBron…and if it is properly upgrade…the Lakers would win more now.

Sure, we could have won more regular season games with a better roster.
But very low chance we make noise in the playoffs or win the finals without Lebron and our #2. At that point, I care a bit less about winning more regular season games.

Yes, I'm sounding like a spoiled brat who cares more about rings than regular season wins, but it is what it is, and that's the perspective I'm coming from. 2 of the last 3 rosters were good enough to win it all when healthy. And we'll see what happens this year. I hope we stay healthy.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1863, 1864, 1865 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1864 of 2082
Jump to: