The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1902, 1903, 1904 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:12 am    Post subject:

Lebron came to LA to retire, live with his family. He doesn't want to leave. He's got that LA thing going. He made this decision long ago. That's why even though the Lakers have been good only 2 years in the Lebron era of 5 years (19-20, 20-21), Lebron continues to stay and not put pressure the way he did for CLE/Miami.

He's in a different point of his career. Breaking the scoring record as a Laker is huge. His farewell tour as a Laker will be far different than any other franchise. The way I see it, Lebron may hate losing, but he's enjoying his own personal life and his individual level of play too much.

So that's why he signed that 2 year extension, with the understanding that he really doesn't want to go anywhere. If he really wanted to win another ring, or put pressure on the Lakers, that extension never happens. He could have been a FA this summer, and moved on, or forced the Lakers to make a trade of WB/2 picks summer 2022. He didn't, because he's happy. He doesn't want to move his family out of LA, he's settled in both on and off the court. The losing is frustrating him I'm sure, but it doesn't outweigh the individual success he is having and the fun he seems to be having living in LA with his family. This was a strategic family retirement plan from him.

On our end, I wish Jeanie would make the hard decision that Dr Buss made with Shaq. I see Lebron more like Shaq, than I see him Kobe. He was a big time FA signing, and was the biggest reason LA went back to title winning ways. But when Shaq's time was done, it was time to move on. We made the best deal possible, and got Shaq to his preferred destination. A big part of me wishes we do that this summer with Lebron. He has 2 years left on this deal, and I can see some team give us a decent return. If Kyrie can get you 2 starters and 3 picks heading into FA, Lebron signed for 2 years should get you 2-3 starting level players and 4 picks, IMO (Maybe 2FRPS, 2 second rounders). We should also look at similar scenarios with AD. This organization won't go this way, but it's the best interests for them to do a quick re-build between 2023-2025. Free agents will always have a high level of interest in being in LA, the key will be to have enough longterm assets and players to have a contender after you sign that FA. You need a combination of a good drafted players, traded starting level players, trade assets to trade for an all-star and capspace to sign an all-star. We can't achieve that with Lebron/AD (Although we achieve the 2 all-stars part) but by moving them this summer we can achiece it in the future (2 years IMO if done right).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject:

LBJ made his bed to stay with a bottom 5 front office. On the Cavs/Heat he gave their much better front offices hell for not building contenders to his liking. Here, he is more defanged b/c he signed that extension.

I agree with Wolf that LBJ is here to stay. I don't think he will demand a trade b/c he loves LA.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:31 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lebron came to LA to retire, live with his family. He doesn't want to leave. He's got that LA thing going. He made this decision long ago. That's why even though the Lakers have been good only 2 years in the Lebron era of 5 years (19-20, 20-21), Lebron continues to stay and not put pressure the way he did for CLE/Miami.

He's in a different point of his career. Breaking the scoring record as a Laker is huge. His farewell tour as a Laker will be far different than any other franchise. The way I see it, Lebron may hate losing, but he's enjoying his own personal life and his individual level of play too much.

So that's why he signed that 2 year extension, with the understanding that he really doesn't want to go anywhere. If he really wanted to win another ring, or put pressure on the Lakers, that extension never happens. He could have been a FA this summer, and moved on, or forced the Lakers to make a trade of WB/2 picks summer 2022. He didn't, because he's happy. He doesn't want to move his family out of LA, he's settled in both on and off the court. The losing is frustrating him I'm sure, but it doesn't outweigh the individual success he is having and the fun he seems to be having living in LA with his family. This was a strategic family retirement plan from him.

On our end, I wish Jeanie would make the hard decision that Dr Buss made with Shaq. I see Lebron more like Shaq, than I see him Kobe. He was a big time FA signing, and was the biggest reason LA went back to title winning ways. But when Shaq's time was done, it was time to move on. We made the best deal possible, and got Shaq to his preferred destination. A big part of me wishes we do that this summer with Lebron. He has 2 years left on this deal, and I can see some team give us a decent return. If Kyrie can get you 2 starters and 3 picks heading into FA, Lebron signed for 2 years should get you 2-3 starting level players and 4 picks, IMO (Maybe 2FRPS, 2 second rounders). We should also look at similar scenarios with AD. This organization won't go this way, but it's the best interests for them to do a quick re-build between 2023-2025. Free agents will always have a high level of interest in being in LA, the key will be to have enough longterm assets and players to have a contender after you sign that FA. You need a combination of a good drafted players, traded starting level players, trade assets to trade for an all-star and capspace to sign an all-star. We can't achieve that with Lebron/AD (Although we achieve the 2 all-stars part) but by moving them this summer we can achiece it in the future (2 years IMO if done right).

If it is, prob GS or Cavs
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject:

Bron is going out the victim which is how it should be. Personally I don’t think it’s out of the question for us to win another ring next year. Kyrie, bron, ad and some others would be formidable. That’s why I would have given up the house in summer for ki.

However, for years the rallying cry from bron Stans was that he needed more help. He’s fortunate. Kobe, mj never got that luxury. Even when bron had pieces, he needed more.

This is an amazing accomplishment and if anyone is going to do it, it might as well be a guy who has lived and played with integrity. No matter what he’s certainly been a great role model to kids.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:38 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Bron is going out the victim which is how it should be. Personally I don’t think it’s out of the question for us to win another ring next year. Kyrie, bron, ad and some others would be formidable. That’s why I would have given up the house in summer for ki.

However, for years the rallying cry from bron Stans was that he needed more help. He’s fortunate. Kobe, mj never got that luxury. Even when bron had pieces, he needed more.

This is an amazing accomplishment and if anyone is going to do it, it might as well be a guy who has lived and played with integrity. No matter what he’s certainly been a great role model to kids.

You just can't say anything on this forum without taking a shot, can you?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I think he mashed up some cut-and-paste material from his massive "Lebron is the Antichrist" file with his "Say Something Nice About Lebron Now and Then So I Can Claim to be Objective When I Trash Him" file.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject:

he was the most hyped basketball player coming out of High school, and he actually exceeded the lofty expectations. we are witnessing history tonight (or Thursday) , a record that might never be broken.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:40 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Im nice but its true. I am actually one of the few Lakers fans that welcome him breaking it. BUT... for the first decade whether out of insecurity or not a lot of fans, a lot of lakers would claim he was only successful because of how weak the east was. Then he got crapped on by Lakers fans...here when he jumped to Miami for "needing help." The only time he was glossed by a lot here was his ring on cavs.

Its an amazing achievement and fortunately for him KAJ went to college.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:52 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I am actually one of the few Lakers fans that welcome him breaking it.

💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:00 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

few...millions?
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject:

Lebron, thank you for keeping the scoring title here but I won't shed any tears when he is gone.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

few...millions?

Lakers fan. Not Bron stan. I personally don't know any who are stoked that he is breaking it. The loyalty to an absolute legend in KAJ is thick. BUT as noted. Bron has surpassed the hype. Has been elite since day 1. Has carried himself with dignity.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:
Lebron, thank you for keeping the scoring title here but I won't shed any tears when he is gone.

I respect what he achieved. I am grateful for the title he won with us. But I share your opinion. Day after he is gone I will put big smile on my face, put my Laker t-shirt ,put my Laker cap and buy myself beer to celebrate.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:22 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/OldManAndThree/status/1622714337616953368

Damn, say it with your ches’, JJ. And here I thought his lil ol agency was a misnomer. The Kang sure rook’d me.

https://giphy.com/gifs/mrw-leave-asks-lZnNnOEqXVVyU

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:23 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

few...millions?

Lakers fan. Not Bron stan. I personally don't know any who are stoked that he is breaking it. The loyalty to an absolute legend in KAJ is thick. BUT as noted. Bron has surpassed the hype. Has been elite since day 1. Has carried himself with dignity.

What the hell, man? Most of us will enjoy watching the record get broken. It's the Lebron bashers who won't like it. Given that you are the Ayatollah of Lebron bashers, it sounds like a lot of them will enjoy watching the record get broken.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:38 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

few...millions?

What the hell, man? Most of us will enjoy watching the record get broken. It's the Lebron bashers who won't like it. Given that you are the Ayatollah of Lebron bashers, it sounds like a lot of them will enjoy watching the record get broken.

I will. I am all in on historical moments. But as I mentioned most if not every laker fan I know born in LA cant give 2 bleeps. And god forbid we lose. I dont care. I am team first but I think he should take every shot tonight unless he is waiting to do it against KAJs original team.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

few...millions?

I will. I am all in on historical moments. But as I mentioned most if not every laker fan I know born in LA cant give 2 bleeps. And god forbid we lose. I dont care. I am team first but I think he should take every shot tonight unless he is waiting to do it against KAJs original team.

Weird. I'm born and raised in LA and I'm looking forward to Bron breaking the scoring record as a Laker. I love it when Lakers players do well.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

LakesGnrLake wrote:

True, I have actually enjoyed most of Lebron’s play minus the incessant whining. As for the record, I cared nothing about it when Kareem broke it and don’t care now. I will cling to the idea that basketball is a team game.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:31 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

few...millions?

Weird. I'm born and raised in LA and I'm looking forward to Bron breaking the scoring record as a Laker. I love it when Lakers players do well.

Unfortunately, bron is the only one getting his. the team not so much. I only care team. The exception is the next couple games.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Passes Wilt Chamberlain to Become All-Time Scoring Leader

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:13 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:

See Magic wanted to be the one to pass Kareem the ball.
Is that gonna be Dennis tonight?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
32 wrote:

See Magic wanted to be the one to pass Kareem the ball.
Is that gonna be Dennis tonight?

Brodie
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:18 pm    Post subject:

January 4th, 2003, my daughter was 3 weeks old, she is now 20 years old and a junior in college...

I was there at UCLA Pauley Pavilion to watch St. Vincent-St. Mary's High School against Mater Dei High School.

The game was sold out...

I remember a few things from that game....
1) Lebron's mom, Gloria, walking around with a #23 jersey that said "LeBron's Mom."
2) Lebron having to wear patches to cover all his arm tattoos, since they didn't allow them to show.
3) And the thousands of cameras taking photos as LeBron walked through the tunnel into the arena.

I thought, this is the biggest hyped dude ever or this is the real deal....

As I recall, he didn't have a great game, but he didn't need to...his team still won. I recall some amazing passes he made then...

Here we are, 20 years later.

I cannot believe he is about to break Kareem's record....
I got to see Kareem play, Magic play, all the way back to the 1979-1980 season.

Sure, there are some LeBron haters here in abundance, and all over the world, but for tonight, if he breaks it, or Thursday, I am going to tip my hat to him.

Regardless of what people think of him, and for those that hate him, it is really quick a remarkable accomplishment. Especially for a pass first guy who is 4th in assists all time. I know some think he's all about himself, but hey, 4th in assists says otherwise.

He might be able to hold that record for decades....
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Im nice but its true. I am actually one of the few Lakers fans that welcome him breaking it. BUT... for the first decade whether out of insecurity or not a lot of fans, a lot of lakers would claim he was only successful because of how weak the east was. Then he got crapped on by Lakers fans...here when he jumped to Miami for "needing help." The only time he was glossed by a lot here was his ring on cavs.

Its an amazing achievement and fortunately for him KAJ went to college.

Wow, psychological professors could use this post in teaching a class about passive-aggressive rage. I feel like I want to call a prescription into a pharmacy for you.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1902, 1903, 1904 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1903 of 2086
Jump to: