The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1903, 1904, 1905 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Bron is going out the victim which is how it should be. Personally I don’t think it’s out of the question for us to win another ring next year. Kyrie, bron, ad and some others would be formidable. That’s why I would have given up the house in summer for ki.

However, for years the rallying cry from bron Stans was that he needed more help. He’s fortunate. Kobe, mj never got that luxury. Even when bron had pieces, he needed more.

This is an amazing accomplishment and if anyone is going to do it, it might as well be a guy who has lived and played with integrity. No matter what he’s certainly been a great role model to kids.

You just can't say anything on this forum without taking a shot, can you?

Im nice but its true. I am actually one of the few Lakers fans that welcome him breaking it. BUT... for the first decade whether out of insecurity or not a lot of fans, a lot of lakers would claim he was only successful because of how weak the east was. Then he got crapped on by Lakers fans...here when he jumped to Miami for "needing help." The only time he was glossed by a lot here was his ring on cavs.

Its an amazing achievement and fortunately for him KAJ went to college.

Wow, psychological professors could use this post in teaching a class about passive-aggressive rage. I feel like I want to call a prescription into a pharmacy for you.

Please do only If I can make a request.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Bron dressed in all black to put that scoring record to rest.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Bron is going out the victim which is how it should be. Personally I don’t think it’s out of the question for us to win another ring next year. Kyrie, bron, ad and some others would be formidable. That’s why I would have given up the house in summer for ki.

However, for years the rallying cry from bron Stans was that he needed more help. He’s fortunate. Kobe, mj never got that luxury. Even when bron had pieces, he needed more.

This is an amazing accomplishment and if anyone is going to do it, it might as well be a guy who has lived and played with integrity. No matter what he’s certainly been a great role model to kids.

I think he mashed up some cut-and-paste material from his massive "Lebron is the Antichrist" file with his "Say Something Nice About Lebron Now and Then So I Can Claim to be Objective When I Trash Him" file.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers have credentialed more than 200 media members tonight - what’s seen typically for a late-round playoff game. LeBron James will have family and friends in attendance from Akron, Ohio - including his mother, Gloria, and high school teammates

PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers have credentialed more than 200 media members tonight - what’s seen typically for a late-round playoff game. LeBron James will have family and friends in attendance from Akron, Ohio - including his mother, Gloria, and high school teammates

lol I hope for his sake the 3 ball is working
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

I think he breaks it tonight in a winnable game, rather than vs the Bucks in most likely a losing game.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Not excited for tonight at all. I’m not a LeBron hater, far from it. I’m just sad our ownership is all giddy looking forward for this extravaganza since last year, instead of going all in get LeBron some help to win another chip before he retires. I also pissed off that the entire league is benefiting from this, this is what the entire league want the Laker franchise to be, a show attraction bit not a title contender. Laker taxing during trade deadline is REAL, our ownership is soft and not wealthy enough to do anything about it.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject:

LeBron has to take some blame for our record. We have lost a ton of close games. If he couldve closed 5 more of those games we would be 6 games above .500 and 4th in the West. He failed to do his job, and Rob also failed to do his. This season is realistically a lost cause. Nobody is winning a chip from the #9 seed, lets be real.

A #4 seed has won once in history and a #6 seed has won once in history. The rest of the champions have been #1-3 in their conference. Rob is being hesitant to make a move because it could be the last move he has to make. I'm trying not to get too upset about not blowing our wad so we can have a first round exit.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:53 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Not excited for tonight at all. I’m not a LeBron hater, far from it. I’m just sad our ownership is all giddy looking forward for this extravaganza since last year, instead of going all in get LeBron some help to win another chip before he retires. I also pissed off that the entire league is benefiting from this, this is what the entire league want the Laker franchise to be, a show attraction bit not a title contender. Laker taxing during trade deadline is REAL, our ownership is soft and not wealthy enough to do anything about it.

Here's the thing, just over two years ago, the Lakers won a championship. While I agree, these last few rosters have been crap, we did win that title. I feel the Lakers FO has let us all down with not making the right moves to contend, but argue that the season after we won, we were just a Davis injury away from repeating...so, its really been just two consecutive crappy seasons.

Also, the trade deadline is not over. We did make a solid move with Rui. No one saw that coming and he has contributed to this team in every game thus far. I still think the FO moves Westbrook before the deadline....if they don't, no harm done, that just means the right deal wasn't there and they didn't want to take on stupid contracts. I am ok with that.

Lastly, I think a lot of us forget the last year's of Kobe's career, which, if you recall, were A LOT worse that where we are now, just a few spots out of the playoffs. I remember from 2013 to 2016, the team was crap, winning 27, 21, 17, and 26 games. The FO really failed us and failed Kobe during that time. I recall that being the worst...

I think perhaps we get another run at a title this year or next. I depends on the roster. I hope that all those involved in rosters decisions see the last two seasons being a complete mess. Not the way to build.

Tonight, or Thursday, I will celebrate LeBron. Dude has brought a lot to this sport and has done a lot for the community. Haters aside, he deserves the accolades for his accomplishments.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:54 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I think he breaks it tonight in a winnable game, rather than vs the Bucks in most likely a losing game.

Quote:

Bleacher Report [AT] BleacherReport

LeBron came fitted tonight 👑

https://twitter.com/Lakers/status/1623101992297185280

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1623097952083361797
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I love LeBron for bringing a title to LA. I will even if the Lakers don't contend again with LeBron + AD. The Lakers weren't going to approach contention with the young core.

But man, the Lakers' current struggles have me not caring about this at all. I just want to win again.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:31 pm    Post subject:

Just happy this is over soon
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

I think he mashed up some cut-and-paste material from his massive "Lebron is the Antichrist" file with his "Say Something Nice About Lebron Now and Then So I Can Claim to be Objective When I Trash Him" file.

Brooooo I’m dead lol
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:47 pm    Post subject:

I do wonder if we hadn't saw AD go down against the Suns, and Lebron get hurt, if that team would have won a title. We had great depth that year but couldn't survive all the injuries.

Rob misfired with the Russ trade, and that was that after that.

But that core probably would have still been good enough this year with tweaks around the edges, there are no world beaters out there right now.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow23_ wrote:

Embrace it. Team doesn’t matter. Wins don’t matter. This feat will outlive a generation. This is all about bron.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:

Embrace it. Team doesn’t matter. Wins don’t matter. This feat will outlive a generation. This is all about bron.

Dude, you should want the team to win. Weird that you don't and only care about Lebron.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I do wonder if we hadn't saw AD go down against the Suns, and Lebron get hurt, if that team would have won a title. We had great depth that year but couldn't survive all the injuries.

Rob misfired with the Russ trade, and that was that after that.

But that core probably would have still been good enough this year with tweaks around the edges, there are no world beaters out there right now.

I think they win the West for sure that year without injury issues. They had momentum in that series against the Suns and were going to beat them.

Last edited by ducasse on Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

He's going to do it tonight. He doesn't want Kareem and everyone else to need to keep coming back to be there.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Lakeshow23_ wrote:

Dude, you should want the team to win. Weird that you don't and only care about Lebron.

lol. I do want to win but for a night we can all just sit back. he should shoot every time down the court.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Man, sick of reading the LeBron hate. Give it a break.
Give the man kudos for the record. I am sure if it was Kobe, some of you would be jumping for joy. Regardless if you like him or hate him, he’s one of the few greatest to ever play. Period.
Move on….
Celebrate it…
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Give the man kudos for the record. I am sure if it was Kobe, some of you would be jumping for joy. Regardless if you like him or hate him, he’s one of the few greatest to ever play. Period.
Move on….
Celebrate it…

Agree. Imagine if this was harden doing it. That would be horrible
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/DStarkand/status/1623144083349987328

Practicing that hook haha.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Move on….
Celebrate it…

Agree. Imagine if this was harden doing it. That would be horrible

I get it, we’re all not happy with the season, the injuries, the bad roster moves in the off season, the coach, etc. nothing changes that.
I look at this as a huge day for LeBron, a huge day for the NBA.
39 years the record held.
Give LeBron his kudos even if you don’t like the guy.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:43 pm    Post subject:

LeBron absolutely deserves a ton of acclaim for this record. His longevity is unmatched at this point. He's one of the top players in the league when even other GOATs were role players at this point in their careers.

All the more reason why I'm so irritated that the Lakers aren't contending right now.

I just can't mentally. Winning matters over everything else to me. Veterans setting records and watching young players develop are nice little things that can be fun when it accompanies winning. But, they're no alternative.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Communications [ at ] NBAPR

LeBron James has made 14,040 regular-season field goals.

Dunks? 2,088.

Longest shot? 83 feet.

A look at his FGM by distance as he sits 36 points from breaking the NBA's career points record

https://twitter.com/NBAPR/status/1623019001075929089
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1903, 1904, 1905 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1904 of 2082
Jump to: