The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1568, 1569, 1570 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 5:28 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Something doesn’t add up with LeBron’s absence, it seems like someone told him he was good to go when he came back but then he found out that he wasn’t... I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play until the tournament, so he can come back 100% healthy as opposed the previous time he came back when it was clear that he wasn’t ready.

Any chance he is under COVID protocol, but they are keeping that secret??

TDRock said that they usually spill the beans when it comes to someone being in the COVID Protocol.

Me guess is his ankle is sore, don't take no chance, rest it for 1-2 weeks, MRI if necessary
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:29 am    Post subject:

Not sure why folks are bringing up Covid and he should be here supporting his team, blah blah blah.

It’s obvious that he re-aggravated the ankle and is getting around the clock treatment.

It’s not a conspiracy, people. Other players do this.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:26 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Something doesn’t add up with LeBron’s absence, it seems like someone told him he was good to go when he came back but then he found out that he wasn’t... I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play until the tournament, so he can come back 100% healthy as opposed the previous time he came back when it was clear that he wasn’t ready.

TDRock said that they usually spill the beans when it comes to someone being in the COVID Protocol.

Me guess is his ankle is sore, don't take no chance, rest it for 1-2 weeks, MRI if necessary

Actually TDRock said that they DO NOT spill the beans when someone has COVID. They cannot say unless the player chooses to disclose. However they do have to state as a public health policy if someone is in the protocol. They can’t just lie/make something up about that.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:29 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Not sure why folks are bringing up Covid and he should be here supporting his team, blah blah blah.

It’s obvious that he re-aggravated the ankle and is getting around the clock treatment.

It’s not a conspiracy, people. Other players do this.

Werd. No grand conspiracy just trying to stay off the ankle as much as possible and give it as much rest as possible. That’s it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
governator wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Actually TDRock said that they DO NOT spill the beans when someone has COVID. They cannot say unless the player chooses to disclose. However they do have to state as a public health policy if someone is in the protocol. They can’t just lie/make something up about that.

Thanks for the correction.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Who knows for sure but I highly doubt Lebron having Covid wouldn't leak out after a few days at most. That's some monumental ammo for news outlets country wide to jump on a new 2 minute hot topic.

Its' def. the ankle and he has that insane round the clock treatment regimen Kobe had where if going to a game means 4 hours of less treatment and even a small percentage point of negative impact towards the healing process he's going to skip it especially this close to the Playoffs. People love to spin things in negative ways but until proven otherwise it seems pretty obvious just like anth2000 said.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

markjay wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Why would they do that? I'm pretty sure they can get fined or in trouble for disclosing an information like that.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

He’s at the game tonight

Goon - LeBron is here.

https://twitter.com/kylegoon/status/1391577170917560325?s=21

and on Spectrum they just said he’s aiming for a Tuesday return…. Everyone stay calm lol
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 6:48 pm    Post subject:

If he comes back Tues, the docs better be sure more time off won’t help him. It’s irrelevant at this point given we are in the play-in. Get him healthy for those games.
MikeTrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject:

Bring him back Saturday vs Pacers
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:30 am    Post subject:

That ankle better heal up cause AD looks like an MVP again.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers star LeBron James is targeting Tuesday vs. New York for return to the lineup from sore right ankle, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. If not Tuesday, Wednesday vs. Houston is possible.

My money is on tomorrow. LeSpaceJam will want to face the Knicks.

If they want the 6 seed, play him.

If not, then this might not be the smartest return date because the Knicks are a physical, hustle team.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:00 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
That ankle better heal up cause AD looks like an MVP again.

As doodle as we’ve looked this month and a half, we bout to roll out 2 healthy MVP/DPOY for the playoff again, let’s go
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 7:44 am    Post subject:

Yahoo Source: Lakers star LeBron James (ankle) has had two “really good days of workouts at a high level” and feels “great.” He plans to return Tuesday against Knicks or Wednesday against Rockets.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1391760152194215936?s=19
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

With only 4 games left, LBJ doesn't have a lot of time to get back into game shape before the play-in tournament.

We need a good performance by our role players in the tourney, and then a weaker opponent in round one to get LBJ up to speed.

Not ideal but this might be his last chance at another ring. We got to kick it up a degree
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

I'm definitely talking out my rear end, but when I tore my shoulder labrum and had physical therapy before and then after surgery. Yeah the therapy helped build strength, but it also really pissed off my shoulder. It would visibly swell after sessions. Nothing quite works like time and rest. I guess the idea is working the injury facilitates faster healing (more blood flow?).
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

Bron's game is not solely dependent on athleticism because he's got skills he can fall back on. Worse case scenario, as Lebron ages, he becomes a version of Karl Malone.

We may get a glimpse of this when he comes back if the ankle isn't 100%.

Prolly see more of that fall away jumper and passing out of the post then handling the rock at the top of the key.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 10:03 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Bron's game is not solely dependent on athleticism because he's got skills he can fall back on. Worse case scenario, as Lebron ages, he becomes a version of Karl Malone.

Prolly see more of that fall away jumper and passing out of the post then handling the rock at the top of the key.

Problem with this “support role” strategy is the roster is not constructed, he is not getting paid to be, and likely most importantly he is not hard wired mentally to be a support player.

We can worry about the future next season. Right now they need to get the most out of James and the rest of the team for the playoffs that start in a week.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Kava wrote:

Lebron in the post surrounded by shooters would be devastating. The only issue is finding shooters that aren’t horrible defenders...ala the 2014-2018 Cavs
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Kava wrote:

Lebron in the post surrounded by shooters would be devastating. The only issue is finding shooters that aren’t horrible defenders...ala the 2014-2018 Cavs

Yep, those players are very very expensive (Danny Green).

Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski
@wojespn
Much more optimism on state of LeBron James’ right ankle after on-court work Sunday and Monday, sources tell ESPN. James was pain-free after several days off – and able to make hard cuts and elevate. Return on Tuesday vs. Knicks is likely.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I want to see him get to the rim consistently and also resume that help D at a high level. Defensively is probably the real test for his recovery. They say he's making hard cuts and elevating...so that's what we want to see.

Give me a LeBron James game just like we saw the AD game last night.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:55 pm    Post subject:

I think LeBron needs to transition into a back of the basket player like Karl Malone. can still play the high/low post and look for shooters, but less cutting and less back door cuts. more post ups and pull-up mid range jumpers, with occasional 3 point shots as the trailer. that should help him last in the league for a few more years
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Problem with this “support role” strategy is the roster is not constructed, he is not getting paid to be, and likely most importantly he is not hard wired mentally to be a support player.

We can worry about the future next season. Right now they need to get the most out of James and the rest of the team for the playoffs that start in a week.

I agree 100%. This team needs MVP level Lebron to contend.

We just have to hope he ramps up over time and gets better and better as we progress in the post-season. We need to see him athletically able to pressure the rim on the pick and roll and moving well on D to have a chance, let's all hope for the best.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Lebron will be rusty but rested. If AD played like an MVP, it would put less pressure on Lebron to perform. If both AD and Lebron played like an MVP, easy REPEAT!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
I think LeBron needs to transition into a back of the basket player like Karl Malone. can still play the high/low post and look for shooters, but less cutting and less back door cuts. more post ups and pull-up mid range jumpers, with occasional 3 point shots as the trailer. that should help him last in the league for a few more years

Lebron can play more like Magic and can still be a freight train on the open court... I don't mind him working the post as it seems like he has developed a decent running hook shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1568, 1569, 1570 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1569 of 2086
Jump to: