The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1571, 1572, 1573 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Maybe this is just a lost season. It sucks really. LeBron likely has just soured on it all. Before injury he was; the likely MVP, 1st team NBA and in talks of defensive team... then Solomon Hill destroys it all. He’s still human. This was his best chance with all of those things happening at the end of his career. Add in COVID and a shortened season and you get a 36 year old player looking to ahead to next season.

Sounds like a loser's mindset to me.

We all know LeBron desperately wants to become the GOAT. He should see this whole situation as a once in a lifetime opportunity to get there. Leading us to another world championship by having to get through 3 or 4 great teams, sprained ankle and all, would massively enhance his legacy.

My guess is Lebron just focusing on getting healthy enough to play, and all the stuff you guys are talking about isn't even on his mind

For real, going all in with that nail salon esque gossip in here. It is a bit frustrating, not gonna lie but damn
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Maybe this is just a lost season. It sucks really. LeBron likely has just soured on it all. Before injury he was; the likely MVP, 1st team NBA and in talks of defensive team... then Solomon Hill destroys it all. He’s still human. This was his best chance with all of those things happening at the end of his career. Add in COVID and a shortened season and you get a 36 year old player looking to ahead to next season.

We all know LeBron desperately wants to become the GOAT. He should see this whole situation as a once in a lifetime opportunity to get there. Leading us to another world championship by having to get through 3 or 4 great teams, sprained ankle and all, would massively enhance his legacy.

My guess is Lebron just focusing on getting healthy enough to play, and all the stuff you guys are talking about isn't even on his mind

I really hope you're right, and that LeBron comes back for our next game, is super positive and locked in and has no setbacks.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Lebron should rest it all the way. Just play in the play-in. Or if they win vs rockets today and the blazers lose to jazz and suns, play the remaining 2 games.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject:

If Lebron is 100% healthy, no need for a warm up game.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:08 pm    Post subject:

At this point we are better off with him being as healthy as possible and rusty, versus more in rhythm but gimpy

So I don’t blame the medical staff, hold him out until he feels good to go
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I really don't believe that he or AD are still hurt. I just get the impression that they have no interest in playing until the playoffs.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
At this point we are better off with him being as healthy as possible and rusty, versus more in rhythm but gimpy

So I don’t blame the medical staff, hold him out until he feels good to go

yup, it's the most logical decision.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:
I really don't believe that he or AD are still hurt. I just get the impression that they have no interest in playing until the playoffs.

WOW

After AD gave his all in last 2 games?
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
What the hell are y'all talking about? He's likely out tonight since AD, DS, and Caruso are out. Vogel can't control his usage if he's the only ball handler on the court.

Talking about this "behavior" affecting the GOAT debate? Wtf get a grip.

So true.

With AD, DS and AC out, sitting Lebron makes sense on multiple levels.

Give everyone as much time to heal as possible.

Also- we need one Blazers' win and one Lakers' loss to lock into the 7th seed.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Does Lebron make the All-NBA team?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:05 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Does Lebron make the All-NBA team?

Probably not the first team.

My prediction:

1st team: Jokic, Embiid, Giannis, Curry, Doncic

2nd team: Gobert, Lebron, Tatum, Lillard, Paul

3rd team: Williamson, Randle, Durant, Irving, Harden

Last edited by activeverb on Wed May 12, 2021 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

quartzcharm wrote:

I really don't believe that you're actually a Lakers fan. I just get the impression that you have no interest in revealing that you're trolling until after the playoffs.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
activeverb wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

I really hope you're right, and that LeBron comes back for our next game, is super positive and locked in and has no setbacks.

Lebron is competitive and he's a pro. The Lakers are going to make the playoffs. I can't imagine why anyone would imagine he has given up.

But these posters who play armchair psychologist, and imagine they can peer into the hearts and minds of players, make me roll my eyes. This type of thing says a lot more about the poster than about the player they are talking about.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:24 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:

Who knows what the voters will do? But it would be amusing if all three Nets ended up on the third team, given that the Nets is the third team for each of them. Yes, I amuse easily.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Rest all the way and be healty for the play-in
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Who knows what the voters will do? But it would be amusing if all three Nets ended up on the third team, given that the Nets is the third team for each of them. Yes, I amuse easily.

Third team is always the hardest to predict. But if this happens, I think it will be the first time three guys from the same team made the same level of all-NBA team since three Celtics were all-NBA first team in '59.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 7:49 am    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
quartzcharm wrote:

I really don't believe that you're actually a Lakers fan. I just get the impression that you have no interest in revealing that you're trolling until after the playoffs.

Ouch - sounds like I struck a nerve with someone
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject:

It was interesting observing him while he was sitting on the bench. There may still some discomfort there. I’m not saying high-level pain at all, he did not look pained. He could totally walk/move around, he got excited on some of the guys plays and was reacting along the sideline. But he was also when he was sitting like constantly sitting with his leg stretched out and kind of rubbing his calf, etc. The calf rub could’ve just been an itch who knows LOL . The leg stretched out was the really the thing that stood out to me because I know when I had my leg issues a few years ago I had to do that all the time, it wasn’t comfortable to sit with my leg bent for extended periods of time. But you know I’m not a doctor I don’t know LeBron I didn’t talk to them about it etc. Just speculating from watching him from a closer vantage point than I normally do.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

At this point it really doesn't matter.

James, Davis and the team have until the 18th to be playoff ready. Both physically and mentally.

How they get there is not important. Wins are the only thing that is.

Nobody will care whether the injuries are fully healed or lingering. Just win.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 8:50 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
It was interesting observing him while he was sitting on the bench. There may still some discomfort there. I’m not saying high-level pain at all, he did not look pained. He could totally walk/move around, he got excited on some of the guys plays and was reacting along the sideline. But he was also when he was sitting like constantly sitting with his leg stretched out and kind of rubbing his calf, etc. The calf rub could’ve just been an itch who knows LOL . The leg stretched out was the really the thing that stood out to me because I know when I had my leg issues a few years ago I had to do that all the time, it wasn’t comfortable to sit with my leg bent for extended periods of time. But you know I’m not a doctor I don’t know LeBron I didn’t talk to them about it etc. Just speculating from watching him from a closer vantage point than I normally do.

Thanks for the intel. I think we're all a bit biased considering all the "I'm ready but not playing again" stuff that's been going on. Therefore we're kind of searching for signs of discomfort.
I imagine he's just in a perpetual state of rehab with his ankle/leg, constantly moving it and subjecting the tissues to activity.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:07 am    Post subject:

I am hearing he is playing today ?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
I am hearing he is playing today ?

Per Lakers (image at link)

Look who’s back 👀

https://twitter.com/lakers/status/1393608861194416131?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:43 am    Post subject:

LeBron tells @LakersReporter that his ankle feels "much better" than after his last appearance against Toronto. He said there is a "tiny bit of soreness" but that he "didn't have a setback."

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/1393651932909035524?s=19
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
LeBron tells @LakersReporter that his ankle feels "much better" than after his last appearance against Toronto. He said there is a "tiny bit of soreness" but that he "didn't have a setback."

https://twitter.com/billoram/status/1393651932909035524?s=19

Come'on Nuggets, win tomorrow while Bron ankle is still sore, easier to beat them in the 1st round.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

Gotta have LBJ go full bore against NO as we won't know the outcome of the Den/Por game as it coincides with ours.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1571, 1572, 1573 ... 2080, 2081, 2082  Next
Page 1572 of 2082
Jump to: