The LEBRON JAMES Thread (no political discussion - take it OT Forum)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
There are many more younger players, playing the major minutes and being the key for teams success.



I am dubious that there has been a significant change in the distribution of minutes per age over the past 20 years, but obviously no one can know that for sure without having the actual numbers.

And I do not know how anyone could demonstrate there are more younger players being "the key for teams' success" than in previous years. I would enjoy seeing someone define what "key for teams' success" means so that could be measured.

Re your statement: "The NBA of almost everyone being 30+ and young guys waiting for their chance is long gone." This may be an attempt at hyperbola, but there has never been a time in NBA history where "almost everyone" was 30 or over.

I mean, look at the first Showtime team 40 years ago. The only guy over 30 was 32-year-old Kareem. Magic was 20, Norm Nixon 24, Jamaal Wilkes 26. If anything, my sense is career peaks by age haven't changed, but players are playing slightly longer so my guess is the league overall is older not younger.

But, again, "watching the games" won't tell you that. Only the actual numbers will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Ok don’t watch the games.

Take the actual numbers from bball ref and do regressions on age and minutes per game.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 67472

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is on vacation in Italy.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1434533259594059785
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 31100
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron is on vacation in Italy.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1434533259594059785


Yep. A friend of mine is in Italy right now, too. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Ok don’t watch the games.

Take the actual numbers from bball ref and do regressions on age and minutes per game.


I certainly watch the games. However, watching the games is not going to prove or disprove your hypothesis. Only a statistical analysis can do that.

That said, it's your hypothesis, not mine. I have no desire to spend my time doing the statistical analysis to prove or disprove it.

Obviously, you don't want to spend the time either.

I get it: You just want to pontificate and spout sweeping generalizations, and the idea that someone actual asks you to substantiate your sweeping generalizations irritates you because that's not fun like pontificating is.

Be well.


You challenged it, so it’s on you to disprove. You don’t know if I have done something like that or not.

You obviously have an issue with me because you tend to fixate on my posts and it has become more intense lately and I have a pretty good idea why.

I don’t care what you post, but it’s probably best for you to just ignore my thoughts and scroll past my posts.

I’m not irritated at all. You personally attack multiple posters when you don’t like their thoughts. Your writing is also very similar to another account…sometimes the same exact sentences.

Ignore LG posts and take care.

Edit: I see you modified what you wrote. Not once did I spin any opinion as fact. Actually that’s something I have noticed as another theme across your LG accounts.

At least I can say I have one social media account and I don’t need burners. Don’t get blocked, nothing to hide and no hissy fits needed.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo


Last edited by LakerSD on Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Ok don’t watch the games.

Take the actual numbers from bball ref and do regressions on age and minutes per game.


I certainly watch the games. However, watching the games is not going to prove or disprove your hypothesis. Only a statistical analysis can do that.

That said, it's your hypothesis, not mine. I have no desire to spend my time doing the statistical analysis to prove or disprove it.

Obviously, you don't want to spend the time either.

I get it: You want to pretend your opinion is a fact even though you have no evidence to support your opinion, and it's irritating when you are called on your sweeping generalizations that you can't defend so you throw a hissy fit in an attempt to deflect. That's social media in a nutshell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 7250

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Lebron is on vacation in Italy.

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1434533259594059785

certainly different from my trips to Italy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 11389

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Do you even watch games?


This wasn't the original question. This is relevant how?

But, yes.


Quote:
There are many more younger players, playing the major minutes and being the key for teams success.


Cool. Show me data. Otherwise you are making it up.

Quote:
Just because you have a bunch of 35 year olds on the bench ring chasing and trying to hang on doesn’t mean it’s the same league it was years ago when the young players sat on the bench while the 30+ year olds got all the playing time.


When was this time exactly? You made the claim, stop being intellectually lazy and back it up with numbers.

Quote:
I suggest watching games than relying on numbers, which doesn’t tell the whole story. If you had minutes per game then maybe your “26 and 28” stat would have more context.


I suggest you cannot watch all games in the league ever night--hence, we collect data.

The data is there to mine, stop being intellectually dishonest and lazy and deflecting.

Quote:
Average age is a simplistic and frankly lazy way of looking at (bleep). If you want to use average age, might want to run some regressions with minutes played tbh.


I did not make a claim--it is on you to support your hypothesis.

I am well aware that averages don't represent the distribution. But you are the one making lazy arguments in the first place. You made a data free claim when there is ample data to easily support your argument if it is correct.

Stop falling back on this asinine "do you even watch games bro?" and just put up numbers. And if you want to keep playing victim like you think everyone asking you about numbers every time you make a fantastic claim then go ahead. I will not be the only one continuing to point out your fact free posts.

I eagerly await your mathematically based retort proving you are correct. And have a lovely Labor Day buddy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

I wasn’t even directing anything towards you, RG.

But I’m not doing anyone’s math work. If anyone wants to share the age and minutes played regressions or any other way to show the facts, that’s cool. Otherwise don’t attack people’s thoughts.

Happy Labor Day to you too.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 4774

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

Man LakerSD taking L's left and right in this thread 😆🤣.

Lick your wounds and comeback for another fight where you have the high ground
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:08 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Man LakerSD taking L's left and right in this thread 😆🤣.

Lick your wounds and comeback for another fight where you have the high ground


Nah, I’m just not doing anyone’s work.

I already gave the answer to the test. I really don’t care what anyone posts, just a select few have been attacking. I ignored for the most part up until now. One in particular has been coming after me across a few accounts.

Not a big deal. Either do the data analysis or don’t, just leave folks alone.

I generally take the high ground. I take my own advice and ignore some things, but this time I spoke up because I got tired of the direct replies. MJST and I go back and forth. Lonzo-lite and I hashed out what we were both saying. It’s one particular poster across multiple accounts that’s the issue but even then I tend to ignore that person.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 879

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:05 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Wonder how Lebron feels about this season's cast of Super Friends:

Out: Drummond, Morris, McKinney, Dudley, Caruso, KCP, Kuzma, Schroeder and Harrell.

In: Westbrook, Dunn, Monk, Bazemore, Ariza, Howard, Jordan, Melo, and Rondo.

On the fence: Gasol next to be voted off the Island...


Might wanna rename your list to ‘Friends’. Ain’t no one super on that list…except MAYBE Westbrook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
You challenged it, so it’s on you to disprove. You don’t know if I have done something like that or not.


Nah, skippy. Doesn't work that way.

It's your theory. It's up to you to prove it if you care about your theory at all (but I sense you really don't).

You haven’t provided a thread of evidence to support it, so all you have is an unproven theory. Which is fine, as long as you don’t act like your theory is anything more than an unproven theory or unsubstantiated opinion, rather than a fact.

Anyway, like I said, I can see you really don't care about your dubious theory and you don't want to make any attempt to support it, so who cares?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
You challenged it, so it’s on you to disprove. You don’t know if I have done something like that or not.


Nah, skippy. Doesn't work that way.

It's your theory. It's up to you to prove it if you care about your theory at all (but I sense you really don't).

You haven’t provided a thread of evidence to support it, so all you have is an unproven theory. Which is fine, as long as you don’t act like your theory is anything more than an unproven theory or unsubstantiated opinion, rather than a fact.

Anyway, like I said, I can see you really don't care about your dubious theory and you don't want to make any attempt to support it, so who cares?


Ok cool. So ignore my “dubious theory.” You don’t even know if I have done a study or not…you challenged what I said so like I said it’s on you or just ignore.

By the way, I love how you are changing some words around now. Keep that smell off your other account(s).

And you obviously care, because you continue to follow my posts around. I suggest you just ignore and lay off people if you don’t care. It doesn’t come across as not caring when you constantly attack posters and not just from one account LOL SKIPPY.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
You challenged it, so it’s on you to disprove. You don’t know if I have done something like that or not.


Nah, skippy. Doesn't work that way.

It's your theory. It's up to you to prove it if you care about your theory at all (but I sense you really don't).

You haven’t provided a thread of evidence to support it, so all you have is an unproven theory. Which is fine, as long as you don’t act like your theory is anything more than an unproven theory or unsubstantiated opinion, rather than a fact.

Anyway, like I said, I can see you really don't care about your dubious theory and you don't want to make any attempt to support it, so who cares?


Ok cool. So ignore my “dubious theory.” You don’t even know if I have done a study or not…you challenged what I said so like I said it’s on you or just ignore.

By the way, I love how you are changing some words around now. Keep that smell off your other account(s).

And you obviously care, because you continue to follow my posts around. I suggest you just ignore and lay off people if you don’t care. It doesn’t come across as not caring when you constantly attack posters and not just from one account LOL SKIPPY.


Dude, I only have one account. I don't follow your posts around. Other than this brief exchange, I don't recall ever having an interaction with you before or even seeing any of your posts before. Your screenname is not familiar to me.

Back to reality: I said that your theory did not strike me as a reasonable and invited you to present any information to support it. You provided no evidence, so I assume you have none. If you actually have “done a study,” feel free to present your study.

However, the fact that your theory strikes me as unreasonable doesn’t mean I am going to unilaterally collect information to disprove it, while you sit on your ass spouting sweeping generalizations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 10:57 am    Post subject:

Then stop quoting my posts, “Dude.”

You have multiple accounts. I don’t give a (bleep), just leave people alone if you intend on being a jackass on a website. Be a big jackass for all I care, just leave me out of it. Go back and look…there are many times you replied and I just ignored. You lose track because you got other accounts going.

I’m not making sweeping generalizations, I’m waiting for you to disprove it or else just move on. I know you won’t try to disprove because the data will make you look wrong.

So just let it be and move on.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Then stop quoting my posts, “Dude.”

You have multiple accounts. I don’t give a (bleep), just leave people alone if you intend on being a jackass on a website. Be a big jackass for all I care, just leave me out of it. Go back and look…there are many times you replied and I just ignored. You lose track because you got other accounts going.

I’m not making sweeping generalizations, I’m waiting for you to disprove it or else just move on. I know you won’t try to disprove because the data will make you look wrong.

So just let it be and move on.



I'll leave you be in the fantasy land you occupy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 25479

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It’s a different time. The league is now young.

The NBA of almost everyone being 30+ and young guys waiting for their chance is long gone.


What kind of utter nonsense is this? Like seriously, is there a reason people can't look up actual facts?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_stats_per_game.html

Gee, was that so hard?

Now, what do we see? Oh yeah, the average age for an NBA player has remained incredibly consistent between 26 and 28 for THE ENTIRE HISTORY OF THE NBA.


A lot of people would instinctively disagree with you, but that's because people remember the superstars. A guy like Carmelo Anthony can play well into his 30s, even though he is greatly diminished, because he has elite skills that are still worth something even if those skills are diminished with age. So we remember Kareem and Bird and Jordan and Kobe playing as old men by NBA standards. We don't remember all of the other guys who were washed up and retired much earlier.

So now in the era of one-and-dones (or guys entering straight from high school), we get a few guys who achieve stardom before 22. But not many. Devin Booker is a more typical case. People think of him as young, but he's 24 now. Of the guys who played in the all-star game last year, Luka is 22 and Zion is 21. Everyone else is older. About a quarter of a century ago, Kobe and Garnett were all-stars at 19. Really, not that much has changed.

The average male athlete hits his physical peak around 25 or 26. This is not necessarily his most successful year, because there is more to success than physical condition. But, once again, we remember the superstars from prior eras, and they often keep playing long after their physical peak and long after less talented or dedicated players are off selling Lady Kenmores (figuratively speaking).
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Then stop quoting my posts, “Dude.”

You have multiple accounts. I don’t give a (bleep), just leave people alone if you intend on being a jackass on a website. Be a big jackass for all I care, just leave me out of it. Go back and look…there are many times you replied and I just ignored. You lose track because you got other accounts going.

I’m not making sweeping generalizations, I’m waiting for you to disprove it or else just move on. I know you won’t try to disprove because the data will make you look wrong.

So just let it be and move on.



I'll leave you be in the fantasy land you occupy.


Ok cool. Quick go delete all the quoted replies before people catch on to your game.

There are quite a few for a person who doesn’t recall or recognize my LG name…but this is the pitfall of having multiple accounts. You lose track of fantasy and reality.
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Then stop quoting my posts, “Dude.”

You have multiple accounts. I don’t give a (bleep), just leave people alone if you intend on being a jackass on a website. Be a big jackass for all I care, just leave me out of it. Go back and look…there are many times you replied and I just ignored. You lose track because you got other accounts going.

I’m not making sweeping generalizations, I’m waiting for you to disprove it or else just move on. I know you won’t try to disprove because the data will make you look wrong.

So just let it be and move on.



I'll leave you be in the fantasy land you occupy.


Ok cool. Quick go delete all the quoted replies before people catch on to your game.

There are quite a few for a person who doesn’t recall or recognize my LG name…but this is the pitfall of having multiple accounts. You lose track of fantasy and reality.


Feels like Rod Serling should be narrating this.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 17621

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Stay obsessed
_________________
My main focus is we win, nothing else matters.
-Rajon Rondo
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 25479

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Feels like Rod Serling should be narrating this.


Be careful, IG. They're figuring it out.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 32155

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Feels like Rod Serling should be narrating this.


Be careful, IG. They're figuring it out.


Hmm. This never happens when I'm playing 2K22.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2014
Posts: 5619

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

I know it’s a pick up game but Bron looking nice!

https://youtu.be/eqpGGK8QpAU
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
poppies
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 08 Nov 2019
Posts: 618

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I know it’s a pick up game but Bron looking nice!

https://youtu.be/eqpGGK8QpAU


Isn't that older footage?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1600, 1601, 1602, 1603  Next
Page 1601 of 1603
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB