The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1811, 1812, 1813 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Would Suns do Ayton + picks for LeBron?

Suns aren’t going to re-sign Ayton to a max deal. They can rent LeBron for one year to play next to his best friend CP3 and try to get a ring out of them. We don’t lose LeBron for nothing and get picks back as well.

That's the rumor. I wouldn't do it.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:28 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

Suns aren’t going to re-sign Ayton to a max deal. They can rent LeBron for one year to play next to his best friend CP3 and try to get a ring out of them. We don’t lose LeBron for nothing and get picks back as well.

Tell me where to meet him. I’ll drive him to Phx right now, and I’ll even pay for the gas.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:57 am    Post subject:

Omar little has been spot on. I totally agree - about Lebron's coasting mindset (and impact on team culture) as well as his analysis in the Ham 1-4 offense thread. Here's hoping that the new coach will not be DFish, only a mouth piece in the press, but actually be able to get on Lebron and get more out of him on the defensive end.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 4:58 am    Post subject:

I think we have to be realistic here.

He's 37 going on 38. He has to carry an inordinate amount of the offense. Is it really realistic to think a 38 year old player with that much mileage is going to lock down players in the regular season?

That's why the Lakers correctly surrounded LBJ with top notch defenders in 2019 through 2021. KCP/Green/Caruso really helped cover up a lot defensively. All those pieces get inexplicably traded for a terrible defender (Russ) and/or old and non-defensive min. free agent signings (Melo, Ellington, etc.).

We have such limited resources, and I find it difficult to see how we get KCP/Green/Caruso level players with our resources, but that is still the blueprint for me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:05 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Tell me where to meet him. I’ll drive him to Phx right now, and I’ll even pay for the gas.

No way Jeanie does that. She wants LBJ's scoring title chase to be done while in a Lakers uniform. Have to be realistic here.

And if LBJ extends after this season, IMO it will likely be a 1 year deal and I don't see the Lakers trading him against his wishes then. They are pretty old school in operating in that sense.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:04 am    Post subject:

Just be healthy, him and AD. At 38, his expectation should be AD’s Middleton role. One more chip to shut the everybody up
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Just be healthy, him and AD. At 38, his expectation should be AD’s Middleton role. One more chip to shut the everybody up

Nice thought but AD is not Giannis...far from it at this point. The Lakers do not have any of the high end roleplayers on the Bucks roster and have little avenue to acquire any at this point.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
governator wrote:

Nice thought but AD is not Giannis...far from it at this point. The Lakers do not have any of the high end roleplayers on the Bucks roster and have little avenue to acquire any at this point.

To be fair, James is not the same “James” either.

Any plan expecting James to be anything but a declining player in effort and impact is not going to work. Davis not being a top 5 player throughout a season is just part of the problem.

Lakers need to find multiple role players to be the “junkyard dogs” on defense and intensity. A big task to ask with the limited assets they have to use. Basically they are “hoping” this year’s new vet minimums replacing Ariza, Jordan, Howard, Bazemore, etc. can contribute more then last year’s minimums.

Wish them luck!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
daytripper wrote:
governator wrote:

Any plan expecting James to be anything but a declining player in effort and impact is not going to work. Davis not being a top 5 player throughout a season is just part of the problem.

Lakers need to find multiple role players to be the “junkyard dogs” on defense and intensity. A big task to ask with the limited assets they have to use. Basically they are “hoping” this year’s new vet minimums replacing Ariza, Jordan, Howard, Bazemore, etc. can contribute more then last year’s minimums.

Wish them luck!

LeGrandpa is just a scoring production player now. You can put him in for 25-30 ppg with spotty defense depending on what he has in the tank.

This team isn’t winning (bleep) if he is anything more than a 2. Lebron can’t control games like he used to…it’s obvious. New players entering the league are not afraid to talk (bleep) because Lebron is no longer capable of shutting them up. He’s closer to post Bulls MJ now. He can have brilliant games, but he can’t sustain like he could when he was the best player for a long time.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
daytripper wrote:
governator wrote:

Wish them luck!

LeGrandpa is just a scoring production player now. You can put him in for 25-30 ppg with spotty defense depending on what he has in the tank.

This team isn’t winning (bleep) if he is anything more than a 2. Lebron can’t control games like he used to…it’s obvious. New players entering the league are not afraid to talk (bleep) because Lebron is no longer capable of shutting them up. He’s closer to post Bulls MJ now. He can have brilliant games, but he can’t sustain like he could when he was the best player for a long time.

Disagree about post-Bulls MJ. Comparing Wiz Jordan to this LBJ, this LBJ is far more superior still.

It's the damn injuries that are killing us. He goes bonkers on national games like the Warriors and Nets and then has to sit out games. I think he needs to relax on dunking and actually pace himself better out there. Can't be flying around like a 22 year old anymore. Would help him to play more of a true PF position and not have to cover perimeter guys as much.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

^^From what I see he was fine first 3 season in LA, even with that early tone setter in 2019-20 against Luka and the Mavs.

Last season seemed very Wizards MJ to me. He could go off, particularly for National TV games but he couldn’t control games like his first 3 season. Part of it, I agree, is the (bleep) roster he helped build but tbh I could see the decline.

Never seen so many young dudes coming at him with the talking.

Didn’t see him make the opponent pay like say at Denver in 2019-20 when Morris started talking (bleep) up 15 or something.

The silencer is far and few in between imo. Indiana was like his major silencer moment this past season and we all know what type of state the Pacers are in…
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:13 am    Post subject:

LeBron is playing better than Wizards MJ, but Jordan didn't play with them until he was 38.

I truly don't get why some of you won't accept that he can't stay at this level of excellence for much longer.

Did he surpass what I thought he could do at this age?

Absolutely... but the way some of you make solid plans based on thinking of him like a 30 year old is incredible to me.

The best we can hope for this season is that he drops only five or ten percent... that AD plays 70 games... Russ bounces back a little and that the rest of the league thinks as lowly of Monk as most of you here and we get to sign him.

Then at least we can make the playoffs and at that point anything can happen.

But making long term plans just seems delusional to me.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LeBron is playing better than Wizards MJ, but Jordan didn't play with them until he was 38.

I truly don't get why some of you won't accept that he can't stay at this level of excellence for much longer.

Absolutely... but the way some of you make solid plans based on thinking of him like a 30 year old is incredible to me.

The best we can hope for this season is that he drops only five or ten percent... that AD plays 70 games... Russ bounces back a little and that the rest of the league thinks as lowly of Monk as most of you here and we get to sign him.

I think most of us agree he can't play elite due to his age/injury. What he accomplished at age 37 is unparalleled (look at the other top scorers at that age group). But his body cannot withstand the rigors of an 82 game season. That is why having a bunch of active defenders around him (Had KCP/Green/AC/Kuz at one point) really preserved him. This year? We had to frickin' play him at small ball center at age 37. Just GM malpractice.

And we will need much more from Russ. AD/LBJ foolishly thought that he would make their lives easier, when it's been the opposite.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:04 pm    Post subject:

LeBron can't control games like he used to but he's still a lot better than MJ post Bulls.

Lakers won't have a chance if they keep Westbrook unless Darvin Ham turns out to be a Russell Westbrook whisperer who can work magic. They need to move him for pieces that fit better unless they plan on trading LeBron and in that case any possible window to contend is closed for next year.

This roster wasn't built by LeBron. Pelinka is to blame. Sure Pelinka asks AD and LeBron what they think of players but it's not their job to think through how all the pieces will fit. That responsibility is on Pelinka. If he asks them if they like a player and they say yes, that doesn't mean you should bring him in if he doesn't fit what the team needs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:50 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
^^From what I see he was fine first 3 season in LA, even with that early tone setter in 2019-20 against Luka and the Mavs.

Last season seemed very Wizards MJ to me. He could go off, particularly for National TV games but he couldn’t control games like his first 3 season. Part of it, I agree, is the (bleep) roster he helped build but tbh I could see the decline.

Never seen so many young dudes coming at him with the talking.

Didn’t see him make the opponent pay like say at Denver in 2019-20 when Morris started talking (bleep) up 15 or something.

The silencer is far and few in between imo. Indiana was like his major silencer moment this past season and we all know what type of state the Pacers are in…

Still top 20 player?
If you're comparing current Lebron to even Lebron from 3 years ago, you'll notice the decline. But that just shows how good prime Lebron was. Ideally, Lebron shouldn't have to be Lebron for most of the game.

He can't "control" the game like he used to, but he does it well enough. As you put it a few posts ago, the main issue is that he can't sustain it.

And it's so pathetic that Lebron had to be the hustle guy on the team on defense. I know people dog on his defense, but he was one of the few that actually knew how to rotate.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Why did the OP change the thread title? I thought LeBron wants to stay a Laker?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Tomer Azarly [ at ] TomerAzarly

Draymond Green was asked the mental challenge of facing Celtics vs. LeBron James:
"It doesn't compare. He is arguably the smartest guy to set foot on a basketball court. To say that it compares to that, it's disrespectful to LeBron & it's a lie to you."

https://twitter.com/TomerAzarly/status/1537163043234275329
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Oh, please. MJ was a shadow of himself on the Wizards. Lebron is still playing at an all-NBA level. You can't compare the two. Only two guys who performed near Lebron's level at his age were Kareem and Karl Malone.

In any case, I haven't seen the Lakers making any long-term plays. They just seem to be going year-by-year, cobbling together teams without any thinking beyond the here and now.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Oh, please. MJ was a shadow of himself on the Wizards. Lebron is still playing at an all-NBA level. You can't compare the two. Only two guys who performed near Lebron's level at his age were Kareem and Karl Malone.

In any case, I haven't seen the Lakers making any long-term plays. They just seem to be going year-by-year, cobbling together teams without any thinking beyond the here and now.

MJ still won 37 games with only Rip Hamilton.

LBJ could only win 31... how is that a big difference?

And I said LBJ was playing relatively well for his age... I simply said that many here are planning for his future instead of his exit.

I don't have a quarrel with those who are simply going to enjoy what this season brings.

I have a quarrel with those who want more of this ish afterwards.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:54 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

MJ still won 37 games with only Rip Hamilton.

LBJ could only win 31... how is that a big difference?

And I said LBJ was playing relatively well for his age... I simply said that many here are planning for his future instead of his exit.

I don't have a quarrel with those who are simply going to enjoy what this season brings.

I have a quarrel with those who want more of this ish afterwards.

I have no idea how long Lebron will be with the Lakers. Wouldn't surprise me if the upcoming season is his last here; wouldn't surprise me if he's here 1-3 more years after that.

Last edited by activeverb on Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:27 pm    Post subject:

I seem to remember that Jordan and Rip played together, but I had to double check whether my memory was correct. They were, in fact, teammates during the 2001-02 season. However Rip was no longer there the following year, when Kobe had that monster game vs. the Wizards.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:15 am    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
I seem to remember that Jordan and Rip played together, but I had to double check whether my memory was correct. They were, in fact, teammates during the 2001-02 season. However Rip was no longer there the following year, when Kobe had that monster game vs. the Wizards.

The Wizards had nothing when they won 37 games...

We won 33 (not 31 so I stand corrected on that), but my point still stands that LBJ's so called all NBA level couldn't win us any more games than Jordan.

Who cares how well he performs if we don't win?

This is a team sport. I could give zero f*cks if World B. Free put up 30 per game for the Clippers.

LBJ won less than shell of his former self Jordan with two so called elites on his team.

And no, I'm not comparing LBJ to World B. Free... I'm saying his production last year was equally meaningless to all but LBJ first fans.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:40 am    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:

Yes Rip was there for season 1. MJ had him traded to Detroit and we all know what happened afterward.

You know it's funny about Lebron but I have two boys age 18 and 20. Neither is a Lebron fan but they both still love Kobe and even wear Jordan's shoes. It's a subjective thing but I kinda put Lebron in that Kareem bucket. A legend of course...he's out there chasing all time scoring records but the kids have always seemed more drawn to the Kobe/MJ/Magic types moreso than the Kareem/Lebron/Shaq types. Maybe it's the play style.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Some footage of Lebron and K Love working out in NY.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:11 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:

Yes Rip was there for season 1. MJ had him traded to Detroit and we all know what happened afterward.

You know it's funny about Lebron but I have two boys age 18 and 20. Neither is a Lebron fan but they both still love Kobe and even wear Jordan's shoes. It's a subjective thing but I kinda put Lebron in that Kareem bucket. A legend of course...he's out there chasing all time scoring records but the kids have always seemed more drawn to the Kobe/MJ/Magic types moreso than the Kareem/Lebron/Shaq types. Maybe it's the play style.

MJ arguably prevented Kobe from catching him in rings by trading Hamilton to Detroit.

I wonder if Wizards Jordan, Pau (instead of Kwame), and Hamilton could have made noise in the east.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1811, 1812, 1813 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1812 of 2079
Jump to: