The LEBRON JAMES (All-Time NBA Scoring Leader) Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1893, 1894, 1895 ... 1904, 1905, 1906  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 8947

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
2019 wrote:
No coach wants to face LeBron and AD in the playoffs. Rob just has to make a move or two to solid the core around them and LeBron is giving him every reason to commit to a trade with those picks.


Plenty of coaches would love to face this Laker team in the playoffs lmao.


Tyronne Lue would be one of them since the Clippers haven't lost to the Lakers in ages. I can't remember the last time we beat them. We actually "dodged" the Clippers during our 2020 championship run.

no, they dodged us by losing to the Nuggets. i don't think any coach in their right minds would want to play a healthy lakers squad in the playoffs especially in the first round(keyword HEALTHY)


We have been saying this for 3 years - also your keyword is possible unless there’s another 3-4 month Covid break.


If anyone in the league needed a break, it was Kawhi. LeBron was one season removed from 8 consecutive, injury free ~95 game seasons.

How'd that work out for Kawhi as he eventually tired out in game 7?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 16950

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:40 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Snipes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
2019 wrote:
No coach wants to face LeBron and AD in the playoffs. Rob just has to make a move or two to solid the core around them and LeBron is giving him every reason to commit to a trade with those picks.


Plenty of coaches would love to face this Laker team in the playoffs lmao.


Tyronne Lue would be one of them since the Clippers haven't lost to the Lakers in ages. I can't remember the last time we beat them. We actually "dodged" the Clippers during our 2020 championship run.

no, they dodged us by losing to the Nuggets. i don't think any coach in their right minds would want to play a healthy lakers squad in the playoffs especially in the first round(keyword HEALTHY)


We have been saying this for 3 years - also your keyword is possible unless there’s another 3-4 month Covid break.


If anyone in the league needed a break, it was Kawhi. LeBron was one season removed from 8 consecutive, injury free ~95 game seasons.

How'd that work out for Kawhi as he eventually tired out in game 7?

Pandemic P came to the rescue, lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5364

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
2019 wrote:
No coach wants to face LeBron and AD in the playoffs. Rob just has to make a move or two to solid the core around them and LeBron is giving him every reason to commit to a trade with those picks.


Plenty of coaches would love to face this Laker team in the playoffs lmao.


Tyronne Lue would be one of them since the Clippers haven't lost to the Lakers in ages. I can't remember the last time we beat them. We actually "dodged" the Clippers during our 2020 championship run.

no, they dodged us by losing to the Nuggets. i don't think any coach in their right minds would want to play a healthy lakers squad in the playoffs especially in the first round(keyword HEALTHY)


We have been saying this for 3 years - also your keyword is possible unless there’s another 3-4 month Covid break.

i heard AD is coming back this week, so are you assuming he is going to get hurt again? i mean it is certainly possible, but same can be same for Pg and Kawhi. it is all crapshoot.


No I don’t want to put that in the universe but realistically between him, Bron, trying to get a playoff spot and being healthy it seems dicey. Maybe they are healthy as in on the floor like two years ago vs Phx but I don’t think they can both be at a point where we can contend. If we had a nice comfy playoff spot right now I’d think otherwise because we could manage them better but Lebron is playing heavy minutes and at some point will have an ailment where he needs rest too. It’s all one big cluster (bleep).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5364

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Snipes wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Snipes wrote:
2019 wrote:
No coach wants to face LeBron and AD in the playoffs. Rob just has to make a move or two to solid the core around them and LeBron is giving him every reason to commit to a trade with those picks.


Plenty of coaches would love to face this Laker team in the playoffs lmao.


Tyronne Lue would be one of them since the Clippers haven't lost to the Lakers in ages. I can't remember the last time we beat them. We actually "dodged" the Clippers during our 2020 championship run.

no, they dodged us by losing to the Nuggets. i don't think any coach in their right minds would want to play a healthy lakers squad in the playoffs especially in the first round(keyword HEALTHY)


We have been saying this for 3 years - also your keyword is possible unless there’s another 3-4 month Covid break.


If anyone in the league needed a break, it was Kawhi. LeBron was one season removed from 8 consecutive, injury free ~95 game seasons.

How'd that work out for Kawhi as he eventually tired out in game 7?


The level AD and Bron played at would not have been possible without the layoff. You’re not including AD’s injury history into the equation. Lebron didn’t win that title alone. AD was the best player in the bubble if you take both sides of the ball into account. He locked down all the big dogs including sizzling hot Jimmy Butler when we needed it most. Without the layoff I don’t think he would be able to replicate that run.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:14 pm    Post subject:

Hope his groin is ok.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 2159

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Only one that showed up tonight
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:30 pm    Post subject:

His 3 ball was on fire.
Congrats on hitting 40 against every team in the NBA. That's insane.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PenG_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Feb 2020
Posts: 8947

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Absolute clinic on offense tonight, even took care of the ball. Clippers just have our number in these matchups.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 49099

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
His 3 ball was on fire.
Congrats on hitting 40 against every team in the NBA. That's insane.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Jun 2018
Posts: 257

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:26 pm    Post subject:

In just 32 minutes: 46/8/7 + 2 stls, 1 blk and ZERO turnovers.

Bron is just absurd.

Let's hope AD comes back playing well too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 4648

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Don’t tell me he does not care about winning…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcdbZpQW2WQ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 2159

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:10 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Don’t tell me he does not care about winning…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RcdbZpQW2WQ


And to add…there’s a video (sorry don’t know how to post here) focused on him as the game was winding down tonight.

He looked extremely angry and motionless. Everyone on the team got the hint and gave him space. Other players were talking amongst each other and he just had a blank stare for minutes straight.

He wanted this one bad. He even looked mad during the game, he hates the clippers just as much as we do it seems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 7917

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject:

A basketball god.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PinoyLBJFan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 19 Mar 2019
Posts: 279

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:20 am    Post subject:

How great is LBJ???

https://youtu.be/cnmXo5DtWgA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1820

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:29 am    Post subject:

Kwame Brown makes controversial LeBron James comparison

Quote:
Former number one overall pick Kwame Brown has controversially claimed he prefers being a bust to having the career of NBA icon LeBron James.


Quote:
"I think it was better. Being a bust is better. LeBron can't do what I can do. They take pictures everywhere he go. I was a bust, ain't nobody taking pictures of me everywhere I went," he said.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lebron-can-t-do-what-i-can-do-being-a-bust-is-better-kwame-brown-makes-controversial-lebron-james-comparison/ar-AA16J7qJ?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=ee462e9d37624f21af180c588030ce96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
levon
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2016
Posts: 7917

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject:

He's averaging over 30 points a game (????) despite shooting barely over 30% from 3. How.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epic_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jan 2020
Posts: 8864

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:58 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
Kwame Brown makes controversial LeBron James comparison

Quote:
Former number one overall pick Kwame Brown has controversially claimed he prefers being a bust to having the career of NBA icon LeBron James.


Quote:
"I think it was better. Being a bust is better. LeBron can't do what I can do. They take pictures everywhere he go. I was a bust, ain't nobody taking pictures of me everywhere I went," he said.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lebron-can-t-do-what-i-can-do-being-a-bust-is-better-kwame-brown-makes-controversial-lebron-james-comparison/ar-AA16J7qJ?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=ee462e9d37624f21af180c588030ce96


Not controversial at all?
When reading the entire quote, I took it as, Lebron can't do what I do, meaning Lebron can't go around town and be left alone.
_________________
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖
Give me spacing, Rob!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10806

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Maybe it’s because we’re Lakers fans first and foremost, but I’m surprised there isn’t a countdown to the Lebron scoring title topic/thread.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Jan 2019
Posts: 2159

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Maybe it’s because we’re Lakers fans first and foremost, but I’m surprised there isn’t a countdown to the Lebron scoring title topic/thread.


There is
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10806

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Maybe it’s because we’re Lakers fans first and foremost, but I’m surprised there isn’t a countdown to the Lebron scoring title topic/thread.


There is


Double Post
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant


Last edited by AFireInside619 on Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10806

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Maybe it’s because we’re Lakers fans first and foremost, but I’m surprised there isn’t a countdown to the Lebron scoring title topic/thread.


There is


I see it now. Thanks.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 23002

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

Lol

Quote:
LeBron James nearly lost his cool with a heckler on Tuesday night — having to be held back from the man after the guy shouted insults at him, including one dig that featured a shot at the Lakers star’s hairline. The moment happened as the King and his squad were headed into the locker room at halftime of their game with the Clippers at Crypto.com Arena … when a guy started going off on the L.A. forward. “Hey Bron! Hey Bron!” the man said from his floor seat as the Lakers were down 77-54. “You better get this s*** together!” The fan continued, “With that receding-ass hairline!” – via TMZ Staff @ TMZ.com
LeBron James, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers

LeBron turned quickly, appearing to want to go after the man, before security intervened. “Look, he mad!” the heckler shouted as LeBron was being ushered away from the scene. “Look at him! You sick!” – via TMZ Staff @ TMZ.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 23002

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:34 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
Kwame Brown makes controversial LeBron James comparison

Quote:
Former number one overall pick Kwame Brown has controversially claimed he prefers being a bust to having the career of NBA icon LeBron James.


Quote:
"I think it was better. Being a bust is better. LeBron can't do what I can do. They take pictures everywhere he go. I was a bust, ain't nobody taking pictures of me everywhere I went," he said.


https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/lebron-can-t-do-what-i-can-do-being-a-bust-is-better-kwame-brown-makes-controversial-lebron-james-comparison/ar-AA16J7qJ?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=ee462e9d37624f21af180c588030ce96


Not controversial at all?
When reading the entire quote, I took it as, Lebron can't do what I do, meaning Lebron can't go around town and be left alone.


Or be like John Stockton, 50 greatest but can still walk around with fam like a tourist
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Dec 2019
Posts: 4327

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Cody Taylor: The 2023 NBA All-Star Game starters, including the two team captains, will be revealed tonight on TNT with coverage beginning at 7 p.m. EST. – via Twitter CodyTaylorNBA


FYI: this year, the captains pick their squad live right before tip at the ASG

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2023/01/24/captains-to-pick-nba-all-star-teams-live-on-court-just-before-game/
_________________
Not familiar with the salary cap/CBA rules & how it impacts our Lakers?
#GetFamiliar by CLICKING HERE!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 16950

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Cody Taylor: The 2023 NBA All-Star Game starters, including the two team captains, will be revealed tonight on TNT with coverage beginning at 7 p.m. EST. – via Twitter CodyTaylorNBA


FYI: this year, the captains pick their squad live right before tip at the ASG

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2023/01/24/captains-to-pick-nba-all-star-teams-live-on-court-just-before-game/

it will be interesting to see if AD can keep his lead over Zion, both were hurt.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1893, 1894, 1895 ... 1904, 1905, 1906  Next
Page 1894 of 1906
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB