OFFICIAL KYLE got traded for westbrook KUZMA THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 865, 866, 867 ... 878, 879, 880  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Kuzma is just a low IQ player that thinks he is way better than he really is. Below average athlete, not a great shooter, prone to dumb plays. He needs to go.

Any good Kuzma trade ideas? His value is so low I don't know who would take on his contract.

No one will trade for him straight up, but Kuz plus #22 pick could maybe get you into the Terrence Ross conversation, for example.

Can we even trade him for a first round pick at this point? I hope we can
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:35 pm    Post subject:

I’m sorry Kuz. I think you gotta go elsewhere and thrive.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:36 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
Kuzma is just a low IQ player that thinks he is way better than he really is. Below average athlete, not a great shooter, prone to dumb plays. He needs to go.

Any good Kuzma trade ideas? His value is so low I don't know who would take on his contract.

No one will trade for him straight up, but Kuz plus #22 pick could maybe get you into the Terrence Ross conversation, for example.

Can we even trade him for a first round pick at this point? I hope we can

If the Lakers take on bad salary in return, maybe.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

BTW, he's a wonderful player for the 27th pick in any draft. Most guys outside of the lottery flame out and Kuz has been a legit solid pro from day one.

A great success story so far and he's got at least a ten year pro career in him if not more.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

Some potential targets:

Marvin Bagley (Rumors that Kings want to move him)
David Bertans (had a bad year, Washington owes him a lot of $$)
Larger deal with the T-Wolves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Some potential targets:

Marvin Bagley (Rumors that Kings want to move him)
David Bertans (had a bad year, Washington owes him a lot of $$)
Larger deal with the T-Wolves.

Getting Bertans for Kuz and change would be awesome.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I’m sorry Kuz. I think you gotta go elsewhere and thrive.

He don't need to thrive... But he's got to get the hell out of here...
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:33 am    Post subject:

Kuzma would need to be paired with someone in order for it to be a viable trade. He has 6th man potential. But he's looking like he might not even reach that.

Maybe send him to Charlotte or Portland.

But all and all.. I'd trade him to Sacramento for Buddy Hield, but idk if Sac is that dumb.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject:

The Lakers mismanaged their youth in chase of the 1 chip we got. Kuz flourished with Lonzo in an open court game. They tried to make him a half court player because that's what LeBron and Ad bring. Our mistake imo is not encouraging both a half court game and a transition game. Rondo was a step in that direction...but once LeBron started getting injured more even he became more half court oriented.

I loved Kuz fearlessness...but we saw the spark that he entered the leave with dull...while he tried to fit in. His defense improved...shot selection improved...but offensive versatility went out the window. It's like they wanted him to become Danny Green 2.0.

Hopefully they don't mismanage the talents of tht to try and make him become someone to fit around lbj and ad... instead of maximizing his skills and changing the dynamic of our team
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:37 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
The Lakers mismanaged their youth in chase of the 1 chip we got. Kuz flourished with Lonzo in an open court game. They tried to make him a half court player because that's what LeBron and Ad bring. Our mistake imo is not encouraging both a half court game and a transition game. Rondo was a step in that direction...but once LeBron started getting injured more even he became more half court oriented.

I loved Kuz fearlessness...but we saw the spark that he entered the leave with dull...while he tried to fit in. His defense improved...shot selection improved...but offensive versatility went out the window. It's like they wanted him to become Danny Green 2.0.

Hopefully they don't mismanage the talents of tht to try and make him become someone to fit around lbj and ad... instead of maximizing his skills and changing the dynamic of our team

He was always the worst of the young bunch. He was a 4 year player that came in and excelled because we were a lottery team and had no expectation. He was also not focal point of offense so teams didn’t game plan for him. Once we became a contending team and had pressure to win he shrunk and unfortunately he hasn’t improved his shot or IQ. To his credit he did improve his d and reb but unfortunately he won’t be the 3rd star we needed
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

I think Kuzma, like DS and maybe Trez, didn't feel mentally or emotionally connected to the Lakers. When you don't invest yourself into a situation (job, goal, relationship), it shows. You could tell by Kuzma's lack of progression, his body language, his focus on different hairstyles, that he wasn't as invested into bettering himself as a Laker.

I tend to think he wants to play for a team that he can start on, that he can be the top dog on. The Lakers wasn't it.

For his sake, and the sake of the Laker franchise, Kyle Kuzma needs to be detached from this Lakers team.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:16 am    Post subject:

As others have stated, he doesn't really fit with this team offensively. Add him to the long list of players with free-ranging offensive games that get completely stymied by LeBron ball.

I like what he brings to the table in other areas - rebounding, defense, and we saw flashes of playmaking from him in the regular season this year - but he will never be the spot-up shooter type that thrives in a Lebron-centric offense. That's just not who Kuz is.

I don't know who you trade him for. Any young player with a versatile offensive game is going to have issues playing with LeBron. And that's the problem with Lebron - he's getting old. Do we trade away all the young assets for pieces that fit with LeBron for another chance at a title run when two of the last three seasons have ended with him unable to perform at traditional levels?

if we could package Kyz with say KCP and THT in a trade for Beal I'd do it, but I don't see why Washington would do that unless Beal demanded a trade to the Lakers.
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

BTW, he's a wonderful player for the 27th pick in any draft. Most guys outside of the lottery flame out and Kuz has been a legit solid pro from day one.

A great success story so far and he's got at least a ten year pro career in him if not more.

100 this. What a great life story and if he stays on the Lakers will be rooting for him too.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:52 am    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thesportsrush.com/nba-news-ayo-get-me-outta-here-lebron-james-asks-to-be-subbed-out-after-watching-kyle-kuzma-throw-a-possession-with-a-blunder-shot/%3famp
Just like what I thought, lebron probably had enough of him.
Luis5150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:58 am    Post subject:

I am scratching my head on Kuzma at this point...

All the physical gifts and potential, I thought by now he would be on similar upward trend (progress-wise...) similar to Michael Porter Jr

Had Kuz progressed the same way MPJ has, it would have gone a long way helping the Lakers on AD's absence.

Now I am at the point... asking does Kuzma have any ceiling left? he looks to me like nothing more than trade fodder
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:00 am    Post subject:

2 games to step into the spot light and show everyone you're that 3rd star.

LOL poops the bed.

Nice knowing you Kuz.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:53 am    Post subject:

I think this time around he really is on thin ice.

Jeanie may love him, but Rob/Klutch will see him as a team friendly salary asset to use in the offseason.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:22 pm    Post subject:

Are 99.9% of us all on the same page now with Kuz?

He is GARBAGE
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

People really said Kuzma > Lonzo or BI.

I would rather have Josh hart than him

He’s not even the 6’8 Clarkson people made fun of him to be.

We need a 3rd guy that can get his own bucket. That was never Kuzma and never will be.

Get this guy out of LA. We already got his numberone fangirl jesusdonla outta here
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject:

I guess we're selling low. Watch him thrive outside of LA just like every player we've traded away recently.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
I guess we're selling low. Watch him thrive outside of LA just like every player we've traded away recently.

Well yeah he'll likely get more shots and be in run n gun games for some losing team.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

we have no choice but to trade him. he's one of the few trading chips we have. other teams are aware of what you just mentioned, so he does have some value in open market
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject:

I dont think anyone thought Kuz was the best out of the bunch but he had to stay b/c his salary was the only one that enabled him to stay. No question BI was always the better player and I'm sure Lakers would have loved to keep Lonzo but we needed the money to work to get AD here.

Kuz was lucky in that sense. I've been hopeful we could trade him over the past couple seasons for someone who might have a better impact on this team. I have nothing against him but I hope we don't see him in a Lakers jersey anymore despite his better efforts on D and improved rebounding.

I have no idea who we could get for him but any vet who can make better decisions would be an upgrade.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I accept that for a 27th pick, Kuz turned out to be above average, which is rare. I don't want this post to seem like blind hate of him, because I'm beyond that point from screaming and rolling my eyes at him during games. But, the criticism of him, despite all his development into a solid role player on a contending team, comes down to one point.

He talks way too much for a guy who shrinks way too much during the most crucial moments. When the team needs him, he doesn't show up, more often than not. And I'd love for someone here to prove me wrong on that point, but all the evidence built up during the last two playoffs (and all the time he had to step up without Lebron and AD in the regular season) is pretty hard to ignore. I don't know what happened to summer league/rookie Kuz, but the guy we have now plays scared whenever the light shines on him.

So I'm sorry, but there's no place for a player like that on THIS team, where we need role players that can step up (particularly on offense) and support Lebron and AD when called upon. We just don't have that margin for error. If we can somehow turn him into a player like Bertans, by all means, do it.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:47 pm    Post subject:

Salaries don't quite match up, but what about Gallo? Things seem crowded over there at that position, and I'd imagine someone like him would want to start. They save money with Kuz, get a younger player who fits their timeline better, and one willing to play off the bench. Obviously we'd have to throw something in for salary and to sweeten the pot, but just an idea.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 865, 866, 867 ... 878, 879, 880  Next
Page 866 of 880
Jump to: