OFFICIAL KYLE THE CHAMPION KUZMA THREAD - signed 3 year 40m !
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 866, 867, 868, 869, 870  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 1263

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
I accept that for a 27th pick, Kuz turned out to be above average, which is rare. I don't want this post to seem like blind hate of him, because I'm beyond that point from screaming and rolling my eyes at him during games. But, the criticism of him, despite all his development into a solid role player on a contending team, comes down to one point.

He talks way too much for a guy who shrinks way too much during the most crucial moments. When the team needs him, he doesn't show up, more often than not. And I'd love for someone here to prove me wrong on that point, but all the evidence built up during the last two playoffs (and all the time he had to step up without Lebron and AD in the regular season) is pretty hard to ignore. I don't know what happened to summer league/rookie Kuz, but the guy we have now plays scared whenever the light shines on him.

So I'm sorry, but there's no place for a player like that on THIS team, where we need role players that can step up (particularly on offense) and support Lebron and AD when called upon. We just don't have that margin for error. If we can somehow turn him into a player like Bertans, by all means, do it.


What happened was Hollywood. What happened was the hunger. What happened was that chip on his shoulder isn't there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 4465

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject:

He’s been bad for a while. Totally regressed since summer league tbh. Only ones hurt or bothered by him right now are the ones who believed regardless of the evidence. I’m not shocked and I didn’t expect anything from him this year. If anything he exceeded expectations for a little while during the year and he stepped it up defensively which I must give him props for. Move along..if anything be mad at yourself for thinking Kuz was going to be a worthwhile piece for this team. This isn’t a case where you say oh he didn’t have the chances..he’s had plenty of chances and minutes over the years to prove himself and solidify himself as a worthwhile player. He never did. (bleep) as of now he’s a scrub compared to Cameron Payne. Who would’ve thunk it?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 31999
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma = Homeless man’s Rashard Lewis
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5696

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Kuzma = Homeless man’s Rashard Lewis

IDK. Even big3 Lewis could hit 3 consistently. Maybe the beetlejuice of rashard Lewis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3136

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't prioritize trading him this off season. He was unquestionably poor this past series. No doubt he made a series of boneheaded plays & shot poorly. However - that's consistent for pretty much everyone on the roster.

Trades to move guys for the sake of moving them rarely work out well. If you can package him for a third piece, by all means do it. However - I applaud and still applaud Rob for not trading for Kyle Lowry.

He's only movable for another undesirable contract. Give him this off season to work on his game and if you want to move him do so after December or mid season. You're selling low for the sake of making a move if you trade him this summer and it's not like you're chalk full of assets in the cupboard.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26122
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:38 pm    Post subject:

6 ppg on 29/17/67 shooting splits.

1:1 Ast/TO ratio.

He was bad this series. And I'm kinda tired of waiting for him to turn the corner.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 5997
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject:

Kuz deserves credit for improving his 3-point shooting, defense and rebounding this season. He's shown that he's willing to put effort into helping his team by doing things besides score big points by having the ball in his hands.

But this is his 4th season, and by now this is pretty much as good as he'll get. He's inconsistent, and he played as if he got castrated against the Suns.

I wouldn't actively look to trade him, but I would love to do so if we're getting a better fitting player in return. If not, Kuz better keep working on his 3-point shot this summer.

I don't understand what happened to his refined offensive skill set that he had as a rookie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RashardA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 09 Aug 2004
Posts: 694
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Kuzma doesnt fit the offense or the role he's asked to play with the Lakers and its pretty much that simple.

He needs to play in an offense where there is constant player and ball movement.

An up-tempo offense.

His strength is not in a slow paced, half court oriented offense and that is what the Lakers run with AD and Bron.

His strength offensively is not to sit in the corner behind the three point line waiting for a pass and to launch a three.

It just simply is not his strength as a player.

His best years ( rookie and second year) came when he was in the Warriors offense that Luke brought from Golden State.

Constant player and ball movement.

He's also at his best when he has a point guard who can create easy opportunities for him to be a finisher and when he was a consistent top 2 or 3 offensive option.

He flourished his rookie season and his first season playing with Lebron and before AD.

Its as simple as fit and role.

Now he's a much better defender, rebounder and playmaker.

If a team such as the Warriors were to somehow make a trade for him, we all would see a much, much better version of Kuz, IMO.

Just like the other young Lakers who were moved and found places where they actually fit and were given an opportunity, that's what Kuz needs.

That's why I think there will definitely be a market for him because he is not a bad player, he's in the wrong situation.
_________________
Everyting negative - pressure, challenges - is all an opportunity for me to rise.
-Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 1263

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
Kuzma doesnt fit the offense or the role he's asked to play with the Lakers and its pretty much that simple.

He needs to play in an offense where there is constant player and ball movement.

An up-tempo offense.

His strength is not in a slow paced, half court oriented offense and that is what the Lakers run with AD and Bron.

His strength offensively is not to sit in the corner behind the three point line waiting for a pass and to launch a three.

It just simply is not his strength as a player.

His best years ( rookie and second year) came when he was in the Warriors offense that Luke brought from Golden State.

Constant player and ball movement.

He's also at his best when he has a point guard who can create easy opportunities for him to be a finisher and when he was a consistent top 2 or 3 offensive option.

He flourished his rookie season and his first season playing with Lebron and before AD.

Its as simple as fit and role.

Now he's a much better defender, rebounder and playmaker.

If a team such as the Warriors were to somehow make a trade for him, we all would see a much, much better version of Kuz, IMO.

Just like the other young Lakers who were moved and found places where they actually fit and were given an opportunity, that's what Kuz needs.

That's why I think there will definitely be a market for him because he is not a bad player, he's in the wrong situation.


He fits in a run and gun offense where the team is borderline .500
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Apr 2001
Posts: 5508

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Kuz deserves credit for improving his 3-point shooting, defense and rebounding this season. He's shown that he's willing to put effort into helping his team by doing things besides score big points by having the ball in his hands.

But this is his 4th season, and by now this is pretty much as good as he'll get. He's inconsistent, and he played as if he got castrated against the Suns.

I wouldn't actively look to trade him, but I would love to do so if we're getting a better fitting player in return. If not, Kuz better keep working on his 3-point shot this summer.

I don't understand what happened to his refined offensive skill set that he had as a rookie.


He never gets to use it in our current offense and he's lost a lot of what he was building on. I think he's been extremely professional, adapted to his role really well, but just isn't good at that role. Get him in a different offense that's flowing and he'll be dangerous again. For now he's essentially neutered and doing the fringe things he can do to create value for the team despite it not being his strengths.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
george w kush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 963

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Bet you anything Kuzma is dying to be traded to a team where he can be a starter. Don’t think he would mind being traded at all, especially since he has a ring now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 20510

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
RashardA wrote:
Kuzma doesnt fit the offense or the role he's asked to play with the Lakers and its pretty much that simple.

He needs to play in an offense where there is constant player and ball movement.

An up-tempo offense.

His strength is not in a slow paced, half court oriented offense and that is what the Lakers run with AD and Bron.

His strength offensively is not to sit in the corner behind the three point line waiting for a pass and to launch a three.

It just simply is not his strength as a player.

His best years ( rookie and second year) came when he was in the Warriors offense that Luke brought from Golden State.

Constant player and ball movement.

He's also at his best when he has a point guard who can create easy opportunities for him to be a finisher and when he was a consistent top 2 or 3 offensive option.

He flourished his rookie season and his first season playing with Lebron and before AD.

Its as simple as fit and role.

Now he's a much better defender, rebounder and playmaker.

If a team such as the Warriors were to somehow make a trade for him, we all would see a much, much better version of Kuz, IMO.

Just like the other young Lakers who were moved and found places where they actually fit and were given an opportunity, that's what Kuz needs.

That's why I think there will definitely be a market for him because he is not a bad player, he's in the wrong situation.


He fits in a run and gun offense where the team is borderline .500


Let's send him to the Kings for Buddy Hield then
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
M2K
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Feb 2011
Posts: 2255

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:07 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
He was bad this series. And I'm kinda tired of waiting for him to turn the corner.


Kuzma can get hot at times but his passing, penetration, and defense (albeit improved) are absolutely nothing special.

I would include him in any trade packages.
_________________
A three headed monster is forming before our eyes in LA...Lebron, AD and....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12773

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

Seems like they've been trying to trade him for a while: https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/rumors-trade-kyle-kuzma-news/

I think he knows he's gone tbh. To me, he checked out months ago -- mentally, physically, emotionally. The body language gave it away. These cats knew they couldn't win w/out a healthy AD or Lebron. No chemistry, terrible defense, low IQ decisions, etc. A fresh start could be good for him.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." — Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 May 2014
Posts: 2340

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Seems like they've been trying to trade him for a while: https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/rumors-trade-kyle-kuzma-news/

I think he knows he's gone tbh. To me, he checked out months ago -- mentally, physically, emotionally. The body language gave it away. These cats knew they couldn't win w/out a healthy AD or Lebron. No chemistry, terrible defense, low IQ decisions, etc. A fresh start could be good for him.

Really? I think he played hard. His offense definitely wasn't there but he competed for rebounds and actually focused on defense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2003
Posts: 1970
Location: Space City

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Looking forward to see Kuz ‘s Jack of all trades master of none skills lead a 30 win team elsewhere.
_________________
"Knucklehead suckers better duck
When the Buck comes through like a truck"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 17874

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Just not a very good player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 26122
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:13 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Looking forward to see Kuz ‘s Jack of all trades master of none skills lead a 30 win team elsewhere.


When it comes to Kuz.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.
_________________
“No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.” - Heraclitus
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 185

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
Looking forward to see Kuz ‘s Jack of all trades master of none skills lead a 30 win team elsewhere.


So be Ingram ... Ingram hasn’t lef his team to a tenth seed, that’s not hard to do for Kuzma. He can be a 20 point scorer and not have to deal with all the do this today and this tomorrow role changes and fans hounding him. Hope he finds a good spot
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Kuz makes good videos though

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeKTnWHc/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 15 Jun 2008
Posts: 268

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Is Andre Ingram still available?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 3789

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
Looking forward to see Kuz ‘s Jack of all trades master of none skills lead a 30 win team elsewhere.


When it comes to Kuz.

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.


Time to move on and find more reliable role player. I like his improvements that he made during the regular season but when Suns packed the paint and you look hesitant to pull the trigger on your 3 ball and instead going through the teeth of defense, the obvious lack of IQ is undeniable and he went through 6 games doing that. . Still a serviceable role player but just unplayable when it matters especially down the stretch. I am an ardent Kuz supporter and I believed he will thrive on a team that can utilized him but in this team, it’s not gonna happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 14500

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Seems like they've been trying to trade him for a while: https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/rumors-trade-kyle-kuzma-news/

I think he knows he's gone tbh. To me, he checked out months ago -- mentally, physically, emotionally. The body language gave it away. These cats knew they couldn't win w/out a healthy AD or Lebron. No chemistry, terrible defense, low IQ decisions, etc. A fresh start could be good for him.


“I think they’ve been trying to move Kuzma for a long time,” an assistant general manager told Bleacher Report. “His defense has always been questionable, and I think his early success has become a bit of fool’s gold.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AD23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2019
Posts: 1263

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Seems like they've been trying to trade him for a while: https://heavy.com/sports/los-angeles-lakers/rumors-trade-kyle-kuzma-news/

I think he knows he's gone tbh. To me, he checked out months ago -- mentally, physically, emotionally. The body language gave it away. These cats knew they couldn't win w/out a healthy AD or Lebron. No chemistry, terrible defense, low IQ decisions, etc. A fresh start could be good for him.


“I think they’ve been trying to move Kuzma for a long time,” an assistant general manager told Bleacher Report. “His defense has always been questionable, and I think his early success has become a bit of fool’s gold.


LOL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cencio_999
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Nov 2019
Posts: 229

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:09 pm    Post subject:

His career playoff stats tell everything you know
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 866, 867, 868, 869, 870  Next
Page 867 of 870
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB