OFFICIAL Alex The Pope Caruso Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 130, 131, 132  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

I never worry about him defensively.
Even when we're going against the best backcourts in the league.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1627936/
G-League just two? Years ago

Long thorough article
Alex Caruso: How He Got Here

by Mike Trudell
LAKERS REPORTER
Posted: Dec 05, 2019
https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/120519-alex-caruso-how-he-got-here

Thanks for the link. Great Trudell interview with AC. Humble guy with a strong work ethic and extremely competitive from an early age. Consistently goes about his game no matter what. Even in AAU, making the right play even if it means giving up the rock, instead of the traditional way to show off your skills.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:
Lakers won't let him get away.

He has to be one of, if not the best, on ball defender in the NBA.

You know how hard it is to find that type of player?

Lakers gave him a chance. He seems like a loyal guy. As long as the Lakers pay him his FMV, he'll sign here no problem.

Now, if a team gets crazy and offers him the moon, then that's going to be a difficult decision.

I still think the Lakers sign him even if that happens. He's too valuable and we won't be able to replace him.

He was our 3rd best player in last year's finals and IMO our 3rd best player this year. He will get good offers and i predict we will be left with the choice of overpaying for him or schroder. One or the other, not both. I hope we choose him.
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:01 pm    Post subject:

twisted wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

Lakers gave him a chance. He seems like a loyal guy. As long as the Lakers pay him his FMV, he'll sign here no problem.

Now, if a team gets crazy and offers him the moon, then that's going to be a difficult decision.

I still think the Lakers sign him even if that happens. He's too valuable and we won't be able to replace him.

He was our 3rd best player in last year's finals and IMO our 3rd best player this year. He will get good offers and i predict we will be left with the choice of overpaying for him or schroder. One or the other, not both. I hope we choose him.

If the front office chooses DS over Caruso then they don’t deserve to be winners. Fortunately that decision will be made ultimately by someone who actually knows what he is doing and there is zero percent chance Lebron chooses this idiot over Caruso.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:05 pm    Post subject:

I wish we had a guy like Caruso during those Smush Parker years that ended up wasting Kobe’s prime years.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:22 pm    Post subject:

dfchang813 wrote:
twisted wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

If the front office chooses DS over Caruso then they don’t deserve to be winners. Fortunately that decision will be made ultimately by someone who actually knows what he is doing and there is zero percent chance Lebron chooses this idiot over Caruso.

I thought signing DS will not affect the Salary Cap because he has bird rights?
lurklurk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
dfchang813 wrote:
twisted wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

I thought signing DS will not affect the Salary Cap because he has bird rights?

FO will likely put a ceiling on the amount of luxury tax they’re willing to pay. Depending on this ceiling, we’ll probably let one of the two go.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/bryandabrodie/status/1395876120852000769?s=21
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Well that tweet aged well now didn’t it?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Well that tweet aged well now didn’t it?

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject:

If we had that 14 point Caruso every night, I wouldn't think twice about paying him the full MLE, or letting Ds go.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
If we had that 14 point Caruso every night, I wouldn't think twice about paying him the full MLE, or letting Ds go.

If he was a 14 ppg type, with his defense he'd get an $18-20million/year contract. He'd be Kirk Hinrich (who I pined for back in the day, hoping to pair him with Kobe).
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:27 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

If he was a 14 ppg type, with his defense he'd get an $18-20million/year contract. He'd be Kirk Hinrich (who I pined for back in the day, hoping to pair him with Kobe).

That's DS territory
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:35 am    Post subject:

AC | KCP | Bron | AD | Gasol: 96th percentile spacing lineup

Schröder | KCP | LeBron | AD | Gasol: 81st percentile

Schröder | KCP | LeBron | AD | Drummond: 43rd percentile

(source Cranjis)

(garbage time removed)
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

I need to see more from Caruso on Booker, he was getting carved up. Normally he handles wings even bigger wings better than that but he was getting cooked.

Need the real AC to show up in game 2
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject:

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/alex-caruso-of-the-los-angeles-lakers-dunks-the-ball-during-news-photo/1233110565?adppopup=true
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Defensively great, but he needs to hit those open threes. We struggle against the zone, because right now we have no other players to respect past the three point line.

Let’s be real we beat the warriors by 3 and the suns tonight when both teams had 1 real offensive weapon.

If we are going anywhere we need some better three point shooting.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

The only two shots Ayton missed tonight were against AC lol
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:52 am    Post subject:

As long as LBJ is with the Lakers, PAY THAT BOY
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland Cavaliers Targeting Alex Caruso and TJ McConnell in Free Agency

Any potential free agency list should start with Indiana’s T.J. McConnell and Los Angeles pest Alex Caruso. Both are Cavs targets. Both fit really well. Some prefer Caruso. He’s younger, bigger, stronger and can guard multiple spots. Others like McConnell more. Even though he doesn’t shoot many 3s, he’s more polished, capable of filling in as starter, puts pressure on the rim and was the league’s total steals leader.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/6/11/22530048/nba-free-agency-rumors-lakers-cavaliers-targeting-alex-caruso
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/06/11/report-cavaliers-targeting-alex-caruso-and-t-j-mcconnell-in-free-agency/
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

I rather draft Miles Mcrbide than sign Tj McConnell. McBride can shoot and is a great defender
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Any potential free agency list should start with Indiana’s T.J. McConnell and Los Angeles pest Alex Caruso. Both are Cavs targets. Both fit really well. Some prefer Caruso. He’s younger, bigger, stronger and can guard multiple spots. Others like McConnell more. Even though he doesn’t shoot many 3s, he’s more polished, capable of filling in as starter, puts pressure on the rim and was the league’s total steals leader.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2021/6/11/22530048/nba-free-agency-rumors-lakers-cavaliers-targeting-alex-caruso
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2021/06/11/report-cavaliers-targeting-alex-caruso-and-t-j-mcconnell-in-free-agency/

I would take a paycut to stay in LA.. Cleveland??

Is he allowed to do whatever he wants or say Cavs make an offer for 12 mil and he says screw you.. If we want to sign him are we forced to match the 12 million even if he is willing to take less from us just to stay here?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Is he allowed to do whatever he wants or say Cavs make an offer for 12 mil and he says screw you.. If we want to sign him are we forced to match the 12 million even if he is willing to take less from us just to stay here?

Cavs could.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

He doesn't have to sign any offers. If he does, at that point we can give him a contract against that offer or let the other team sign him to a contract against the offer.

So, he can get the best number he can from Cleveland, but not sign an offer at which point the Lakers can make a counter offer. As soon as he signs something, the terms are set.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject:

CGOAT said he wants to continue to play with LeBron so I hope that holds true. I know I certainly would prefer to be in LA over Cleveland, but I also know that money talks.

But hopefully Caruso is like
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 121, 122, 123 ... 130, 131, 132  Next
Page 122 of 132
Jump to: