Kyrie Irving Asks to be traded!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vino24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Kyrie Irving Asks to be traded!

Brian Windhorst‏Verified account
@WindhorstESPN
Follow
More
Kyrie Irving asked the Cavs to trade him in a meeting last week, sources told ESPN. Story posting on http://ESPN.com shortly
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Get the feeling that the players realise the team isn't gonna get better, no cap room or obvious trade assets that will make them better.

Likely feeling that Bron will leave, so why would Kyrie wanna stay and go back to being one of the league's worst teams?

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
sublimedominion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject:

We should trade everyone and anyone except lonzo and Ingram for Kyrie. Probably won't be enough even then...
Choson1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Kyrie leaving = Lebron leaving
game2488
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Ball and Deng for Kyrie.
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Cavs are idiots.

They should trade Lebron right now and keep Kyrie.

Why would they keep a player like Lebron, at 32.5 yo, who will probably leave next summer and would be totally uninterested for the rest of the season?

Haven't they learned anything with Jerry Buss?

Magic should give them Clarkson, Randle. Larry, Deng (for money matching purposes - they could dump him afterwards) and our 2019 1st rd pick + 2020 1st rd pick.

Honestly, Lebron would not agree to go to any team. The Lakers are one of the few that would interest him.

This would allow the Cavs to get a double double guy with Rim protection and rebounds in Randle + 2 young players still improving on good contracts.

Seems nothing for Lebron but it would allow them to keep Kyrie and move Lebron to a team that he would accept while getting assets back.

Just imagine if Magic could pull this one. Dump Mozgov for Kuzma and allow Ball to be the man. Dump Deng in a package of young players and future picks for Lebron.

We only wished!
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject:

A message for all you would be Dan Gilbert detractors.
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject:

I predict he's traded for Cousins
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject:

game2488 wrote:
Ball and Deng for Kyrie.

No.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject:

This is total pipe if anyone thinks we can trade for Kyrie. The Lakers are not an option for him. It doesn't mean we can't be in the future, but we'd have to give up everything to get him and we can't afford that.

I'd want to leave to, I think players who want to act as GM's and Agents, need to understand the impact it has on the their teammates.

Kyrie deserves the royal treatment and a large payday, but he also deserves to WIN!!!

If there's any chance for the Lakers to obtain Kyrie in a trade without giving up any of our potential franchise pieces. I say we do it!
I'd be willing to let go of: Randle, Nance Jr., Deng, Clarkson, Zubac and future 1st rounders to make it happen.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

Guys, before you go off on how much you like KI, do you really think if hes a laker next year it makes any difference? GS is going to win for at least 2 more years (barring injury) so there is no point in trading all your assets to get him now.

If I ran the lakers, I would want to develop the young guys and build a core that can make the playoffs and get experience. Then, you can add some top FA's (like PG) and compete.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

GabKoost wrote:
Cavs are idiots.

Why would they keep a player like Lebron, at 32.5 yo, who will probably leave next summer and would be totally uninterested for the rest of the season?

Magic should give them Clarkson, Randle. Larry, Deng (for money matching purposes - they could dump him afterwards) and our 2019 1st rd pick + 2020 1st rd pick.

Honestly, Lebron would not agree to go to any team. The Lakers are one of the few that would interest him.

This would allow the Cavs to get a double double guy with Rim protection and rebounds in Randle + 2 young players still improving on good contracts.

Seems nothing for Lebron but it would allow them to keep Kyrie and move Lebron to a team that he would accept while getting assets back.

Just imagine if Magic could pull this one. Dump Mozgov for Kuzma and allow Ball to be the man. Dump Deng in a package of young players and future picks for Lebron.

We only wished!

If we trade for Lebron then Ball won't be the man, Lebron would be.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
GabKoost wrote:
Cavs are idiots.

We only wished!

If we trade for Lebron then Ball won't be the man, Lebron would be.

Wrong! Magic'd be the man!
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject:

I think Jerry West will find a way to get Kyrie.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

Maybe the exit of Phil from NY gave Kyrie the incentive to go there. He says he wants to be the focus. I don't think that will be the case as long as Carmelo is with the Knicks.

I would hate to see Porzingis go to Cleveland. Come 2018 they will begin a downward spiral. He a great young talent. I'd like to see him go to a contender.

LINK
Quote:

Last month, Brian Windhorst of ESPN.com reported Irving requested a trade from the organization during a meeting with team officials. He mentioned the Knicks, San Antonio Spurs, Miami Heat and Minnesota Timberwolves as his preferred destinations.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if the Cavs would have taken Ball (& picks) for Irving?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: