OFFICIAL GOLF THREAD: BREAKING - OMAR GETS AN ACE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Phil got it done. One giant step for seniors. He's eligible for the senior's tour in June.

He's been eligible! Has even played in some. In fact, he won his first 2 starts on the Senior Tour last year.

Dude is still bombing the golf ball. Yeah, 16 was playing downwind today, but he hit the longest drive of the day there today. Past DeChambeau and Koepka. He still takes it well past parallel. He can be wayward off the tee for sure but he still kills it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Phil got it done. One giant step for seniors. He's eligible for the senior's tour in June.

He's been eligible! Has even played in some. In fact, he won his first 2 starts on the Senior Tour last year.

Dude is still bombing the golf ball. Yeah, 16 was playing downwind today, but he hit the longest drive of the day there today. Past DeChambeau and Koepka. He still takes it well past parallel. He can be wayward off the tee for sure but he still kills it.

I thought you had to be 50 to play on the senior tour.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Didn't feel comfortable until Phil hit a great approach to the 18th green.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

When he was leading still leading at the end of the third round, I had a feeling it was his to take if he could just avoid major mistakes. It didn’t feel like anyone was going to charge ahead. Fortunately the inly people who really posted an number today were too far behind to be a factor.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He is 50. He turns 51 next month.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Didn't feel comfortable until Phil hit a great approach to the 18th green.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!

When he was leading still leading at the end of the third round, I had a feeling it was his to take if he could just avoid major mistakes. It didn’t feel like anyone was going to charge ahead. Fortunately the inly people who really posted an number today were too far behind to be a factor.

Those first few holes had a bunch of lead changes and momentum shifts, that's for sure.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:49 pm    Post subject:

You know Tiger was out on the putting green this evening on crutches after watching Phil win...

Btw, Koepka needs some PR people....it just was not the time to accuse fans of hitting the knee. Sure, in a couple days, speak out if you feel it is needed, but don't take away from the moment.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 7:57 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
You know Tiger was out on the putting green this evening on crutches after watching Phil win...

Btw, Koepka needs some PR people....it just was not the time to accuse fans of hitting the knee. Sure, in a couple days, speak out if you feel it is needed, but don't take away from the moment.

Yeah, that was an unfortunate and inappropriate manifestation of his obvious frustration with a horrible round of blown putts and back to back poor shots.

Though, in fairness, the course marshals and security et al did a horrible job of crowd control on 18.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 1:50 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yeah, that was an unfortunate and inappropriate manifestation of his obvious frustration with a horrible round of blown putts and back to back poor shots.

Though, in fairness, the course marshals and security et al did a horrible job of crowd control on 18.

He's a prick, and I enjoy watching him fail. Even though he'll probably end up with more majors won by the time he's finished, I still enjoy it when he comes up short.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:25 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:

He's a prick, and I enjoy watching him fail. Even though he'll probably end up with more majors won by the time he's finished, I still enjoy it when he comes up short.

Agreed. Normally I cringe in sympathy for guys who blow 3 foot putts, chunk a chip shot a yard ahead, or follow a shank deep into a bunker only to follow it up with an even worse shot . . . Brooks did all of that yesterday and it was satisfying to see because it couldn't have happened to a more appropriate guy (except maybe Patrick Reed).
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 8:11 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OK. I thought he was 49. Since I quit playing I haven't really been following the game.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:59 am    Post subject:

There's another round of The Match coming up in July: Mickelson/Brady vs. DeChambeau/Rogers. Should be fun.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
There's another round of The Match coming up in July: Mickelson/Brady vs. DeChambeau/Rogers. Should be fun.

Yeah, and some fireworks on social media today, too! Koepka tweeted directly to Rodgers, saying "sorry bro", because he's paired with Bryson. Then Phil had a legendary comeback, where he said something to the effect of "I feel like I'm in the middle of something and maybe should step aside, but then I remembered that they want the CURRENT PGA Champ" for this match.

I love Phil.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 pm    Post subject:

This little grudge between Koepka and DeChambeau is funny because they're both insufferable. As I have said before, I want to like them, but they're such pompous tools that I have given up.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

OK. I thought he was 49. Since I quit playing I haven't really been following the game.

Where to start?

Walter Hagen is retired. And dead.
The balls don’t have stuffing in them.
The woods are not made out of wood anymore.
The shafts either.
But the best player in history is, ironically, Woods.
They have carts you can ride around in.
You don’t need a tie to play.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Heartburn wrote:
This little grudge between Koepka and DeChambeau is funny because they're both insufferable. As I have said before, I want to like them, but they're such pompous tools that I have given up.

The real question is which one has the hottest significant other:

Brooks (Jena Sims)

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/08/brooks-koepka-fed-grapes-steamy-mexico-getaway-girlfriend-jena-sims/

Bryson (Sophia Bertolami)

https://clubhouse.swingu.com/lifestyle/meet-bryson-dechambeaus-girlfriend-sophia-bertolami/

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:15 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Agreed. Normally I cringe in sympathy for guys who blow 3 foot putts, chunk a chip shot a yard ahead, or follow a shank deep into a bunker only to follow it up with an even worse shot . . .

I would have you in tears then if you played a round with me. And cringing a lot.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

Brooks (Jena Sims)

https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/08/brooks-koepka-fed-grapes-steamy-mexico-getaway-girlfriend-jena-sims/

https://clubhouse.swingu.com/lifestyle/meet-bryson-dechambeaus-girlfriend-sophia-bertolami/

Bryson's significant other looks more "enhanced", shall we say. I suppose that look might be preferred by straight men.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Yeah, and some fireworks on social media today, too! Koepka tweeted directly to Rodgers, saying "sorry bro", because he's paired with Bryson. Then Phil had a legendary comeback, where he said something to the effect of "I feel like I'm in the middle of something and maybe should step aside, but then I remembered that they want the CURRENT PGA Champ" for this match.

I love Phil.

Saw that. Good stuff.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Agreed. Normally I cringe in sympathy for guys who blow 3 foot putts, chunk a chip shot a yard ahead, or follow a shank deep into a bunker only to follow it up with an even worse shot . . .

I would have you in tears then if you played a round with me. And cringing a lot.

Don't get me wrong. That describes a typical hole for me.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Heartburn wrote:

Brooks (Jena Sims)

Bryson's significant other looks more "enhanced", shall we say. I suppose that look might be preferred by straight men.

Nope.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Hardly. You putt beautifully.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Hardly. You putt beautifully.

They have been rolling pretty well for me lately. 😄
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I would vote for Koepka's lady as she has the more "wholesome" look compared to the tattoos and such on Bryson's lady.

Overall, professional golfers have a very very good life. They play and hang out at the top courses and country clubs in the world and seemingly have quite a few attractive options when it comes to off course companionship.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I would vote for Koepka's lady as she has the more "wholesome" look compared to the tattoos and such on Bryson's lady.

Overall, professional golfers have a very very good life. They play and hang out at the top courses and country clubs in the world and seemingly have quite a few attractive options when it comes to off course companionship.

DJ got it right with Paulina.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:08 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

DJ got it right with Paulina.

And it seems like they have a good family thing going. But yeah, she's even more beautiful than her mother.

LL's last line there makes me think of that Ron White bit where he talks about Tiger Woods and he says "Tiger doesn't get credit for all that (bleep) he turned down, and that's the number you're lookin' for right there!" That entire bit is hilarious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 15 of 33
Jump to: