Legend of PLAYOFF RONDO (Woj: Trade to Cavs)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167, 168  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject:

This guy has always been my sort of safety blanket. The main thing that I've always admired about Rondo's game is his ability to make an impact on the game in so many areas.

He has a brilliant basketball mind. I have no doubt that he has not declined athletically, and he's still be a great backup even if he did. He's always been wiry strong and takes great care of himself. I appreciated the fact that he had to accept the Atlanta offer back then. It was the right move considering where he was at that/this stage of his career, and the Lakers were not going to offer anywhere near that number.

He is a great security blanket behind RW. I absolutely believe that he, Westbrook, and some combination of AD & Lebron will pick teams apart surgically, and it's going to be hella fun to watch.

Welcome back RR!
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Rondo will probably tinker playing 1 more year as the locker room voice after we win the chip this coming season, then go on to be assistant coach the following season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:15 pm    Post subject:

He seems to have accepted more of a mentor role. Which is great. He can still contribute on the court if needed, but there is just not enough minutes for everyone to play. If I am Nunn I soak in anything Rajon ever tells me.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 7:40 am    Post subject:

AD with the assist in bring his boy back on a ‘Do-over ...

Quote:
Per an NBA source familiar with some of the Lakers' struggles through the 2020-21 campaign, Davis felt some frustration that he wasn't getting the kind of looks in the post with Dennis Schroder running the point compared to those he received with Rondo a year earlier.

That may have contributed to the Lakers choosing not to re-sign Schroder, who struggled to find a home in free agency before taking a one-year, $5.9 million contract with the Boston Celtics.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2947953-why-the-los-angeles-lakers-needed-another-veteran-point-guard-in-rajon-rondo

Remember all that awkwardness in that video where Schro and AD met up at the practice facility?

I wonder if this could eventually also lead to a Boogie reup.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

i like it! that's a great "death lineup". Russ won't like not being in the closing minutes of a close game though.

hopefully he will take some queues from Rondo and work on his 3. those two are historically highly competitive against each other. might drive Russ to find a way to match Rondo's range.

[quote="Car54"]
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
]

Rondo
Monk
LBJ
Melo
AD

Gotta have both the shooters and athletic studs out there to utilize Rondo's playmaking.

oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:28 am    Post subject:

the fact that kawhi got so butt hurt about rondo calling him out shows volumes about Leonard's personality. LBJ always took Rondo's thoughts into consideration. whether it be game related or to stop rolling his eyes at everything kuzma does.

Kblo247! wrote:
Give Rondo his props too. In one calendar year he was the third best player on a title team. He won his ring being a Laker and Celtic champion. He went back home for a few months and got 15mil which neither the lakers or clippers could give him at the time. Spent few months with family. Got the clippers to trade Lou Williams away. Got in a stare down with kawhi and was the first to ever call him out. Got all his money. And is a laker again. He’s a winner lol
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

WELCOME BACK RONDO!!!

Rob's stacking chips. He's gone all-in. He signed a bunch of 1 yr veteran contracts. This team is of the THIS IS IT mind set/mold, win or go home. I'm going on record. IF the injury bug doesn't hit us we're gonna hoist #18.

I wasn't on board with Rob's hire. He's made me a believer.

IMO Frank has the talent. This is the year we'll see just how good a coach he is.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:29 pm    Post subject:

[quote="oaktown_dimond"]i like it! that's a great "death lineup". Russ won't like not being in the closing minutes of a close game though.

hopefully he will take some queues from Rondo and work on his 3. those two are historically highly competitive against each other. might drive Russ to find a way to match Rondo's range.

Car54 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
]

Rondo
Monk
LBJ
Melo
AD

Gotta have both the shooters and athletic studs out there to utilize Rondo's playmaking.

I don’t have a closing lineup that doesn’t include Russ.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Deleted by jodeke

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
Quote:

Why not?

Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Quote:

Why not?

Why so?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

I’m excited for some Rondo, Westbrook, Melo, Lebron, AD lineups. The talent level there is just ridiculous. Very very short stints of 3-4 minutes once Rondo/Melo have warmed up on the second unit.

If anyone can get 3-4 min of D out of Melo it is Vogel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:
Quote:

Why not?

Why so?

I like Rus to close but I'm not 100% sold. I envision a plethora of closing lineups. What lineup fits the opponent? Is it a small team, a big team, a quick team, a slow team? What's the score? This team is loaded. LINK I'm fairly sure Rus will close but as I prefaced it's according to the opponent. I don't like Rus closing just because he's Rus. If I have it right closing minutes are the last 2 minutes.

roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:06 am    Post subject:

[quote="Car54"]
oaktown_dimond wrote:
i like it! that's a great "death lineup". Russ won't like not being in the closing minutes of a close game though.

Car54 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
]

Rondo
Monk
LBJ
Melo
AD

you do realize that we beat Houston by doubling Harden and daring Russ to shoot. rightt?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Pickup game footage
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:35 pm    Post subject:

https://youtube.com/shorts/k9Mai2MugYs?feature=share
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

LakeShow Scoop wrote:
Sep 28, 2021ReplyRetweetFavorite
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
LakeShow Scoop wrote:
Sep 28, 2021ReplyRetweetFavorite

Rondo so hilarious
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Would be awesome if this roster was able to string together a bunch of titles in a row. Would test team policy of jersey retirement. Rondo, Dwight, Melo, Westbrook...
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Car54 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

Rondo
Monk
LBJ
Melo
AD

you do realize that we beat Houston by doubling Harden and daring Russ to shoot. rightt?

Just editing this post
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Harrison Faigen pointed out that Rondo did not post on Instagram at all while he was a clipper. So his last post was Nov 2020 about the championship with the Lakers and then this month he started posting again first about a fashion thing and then Media day with the Lakers. He completely ignored his year with the clipps
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Harrison Faigen pointed out that Rondo did not post on Instagram at all while he was a clipper. So his last post was Nov 2020 about the championship with the Lakers and then this month he started posting again first about a fashion thing and then Media day with the Lakers. He completely ignored his year with the clipps

Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Craziest thing is that 1 year ago today on this date, Rondo was a laker playing in the WCF vs Denver. That tells you how condensed their season was.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Car54 wrote:
oaktown_dimond wrote:

Car54 wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
]

Rondo
Monk
LBJ
Melo
AD

D'Antoni offense is not the offense we run, but defending them was only part of it. Their inability to defend us our size, was far more of an issue. D'Antoni's Houston teams had elite offense, but their D was not elite and easily broken down in the playoffs. It pretty much was the same thing with CP3, Westbrook etc.

Why is Westbrook not flashing to the basket when that double comes? No motion for Westbrook. I see it like Caruso 2 years ago. When teams doubled Lebron with Caruso out there, Caruso was not a reliable 3 point threat. But he got to the basket off the ball.

Westbrook has to stop settling for being a 3 point shooter off the ball. He is an elite athlete and has a huge athletic advantage over his man. Why shoot the 3, when you can move to the basket off the ball. This is why, as the playoffs roll around, we will likely see more and more AD at the 5 lineups, so Westbrook will have that paint area to move into off the ball.

BTW, ditto for James. If Westbrook has the ball, and the double comes, James has to move far away from Westbrook early. You don't play the 2 guards near each other in those situations. I honestly thought D'Antoni's limitations as a coach were exposed much more than Westbrook's jumper, but Westbrook's jumper from 3 is an issue for us, and we will need to deal with is (as I suggest, Westbrook has to move off the ball, and more AD at the 5).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject:

GM survey:

Quote:
Which active player will make the best head coach someday?
1. Chris Paul, Phoenix – 34%
2. Rajon Rondo, L.A. Lakers – 14%
3. T.J. McConnell, Indiana – 10%
4. Mike Conley Utah – 7%
Udonis Haslem, Miami – 7%
Garrett Temple, New Orleans – 7%
> Also receiving votes: Harrison Barnes, Sacramento; Malcolm Brogdon, Indiana; Draymond Green, Golden State; Joe Ingles, Utah; LeBron James, L.A. Lakers; Patty Mills, Brooklyn
> Last year: Chris Paul – 36%

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 165, 166, 167, 168  Next
Page 166 of 168
Jump to: