OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6086, 6087, 6088 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jonas Valanciunas and Brandon Clarke to Lakers

Kuzma/Gasol/McKinnie/KCP to Memphis

Gasol goes back to the Grizzles for his farewell tour and we get a reliable C and a good defensive player in Clarke

why are the memphis grizzlies doing that trade? Jonas is part of that core.

the guy is only 29years old on a very reasonable contract and averaged 17.1/12.5/1.8
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

What about the 3rd possibility on DS? He just simply signs with another team and leave Lakers high and dry? He seems not happy here toward the end, and there might be some fiction with him and coaching staff and teammates.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:43 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Nobody is missing the bird rights for DS (the entire board knows this). Everybody also knows our cap situation and the difficulties we would have if DS bolts for nothing.

Yet is never included on many of the discussions on why he would consider a sign and trade lol

Nah, entire board may be a reach don't you think? lol

Find a team that would do a sign and trade for him! Go ahead. There are thirty fan bases. Try Reddit or try community boards; like a pacers digest, spurs report, etc., nothing is stopping you from doing that. Deuce (aka Inspector Gadget) scrapes info from RealGM, god bless him for that and his posts have value in that regard. Those Kuzma for Al Horford trades probably came from RealGM OKC board.

Go out and find these sign and trade partners!

we are not getting assets in S&T for DS, most scrap and unwanted pieces from other team
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:44 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
What about the 3rd possibility on DS? He just simply signs with another team and leave Lakers high and dry? He seems not happy here toward the end, and there might be some fiction with him and coaching staff and teammates.

I dont think most players go out of their way to screw teams. This is a small league. If he were a Luka, booker, Ja he would have that luxury. hes not.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Gasol goes back to the Grizzles for his farewell tour and we get a reliable C and a good defensive player in Clarke

the guy is only 29years old on a very reasonable contract and averaged 17.1/12.5/1.8

Draft Twitter wouldn't accept that trade anyway.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

If Toronto is really interested in Dennis and his feelings are mutual... all we need is Lowry to be willing to come to LA because that to me is still such a no brainer deal for both sides.

Lowry is the closest thing to a 3rd star we could possibly get and if the cost is DS via S&T, that's no cost.

Edit: Has a double S&T ever been consummated?

Last edited by 2019 on Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
If Toronto is really interested in Dennis and his feelings are mutual... all we need is Lowry to be willing to come to LA because that to me is still such a no brainer deal for both sides.

Lowry is the closest thing to a 3rd star we could possibly get and if the cost is DS via S&T, that's no cost.

Anunoby.

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:

Anunoby.

Of course from Lakers POV. Zero chance they'd do that. Throw DS and #22 and they still say no.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:

Anunoby.

Of course from Lakers POV. Zero chance they'd do that. Throw DS and #22 and they still say no.

I agree. This is predicated on if Lowry wants to leave, and the contract for Lowry favors the Lakers.

Just the tearful near assumed trade made me think that he didn't want to leave.

Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Nobody is missing the bird rights for DS (the entire board knows this). Everybody also knows our cap situation and the difficulties we would have if DS bolts for nothing.

Yet is never included on many of the discussions on why he would consider a sign and trade lol

Nah, entire board may be a reach don't you think? lol

Find a team that would do a sign and trade for him! Go ahead. There are thirty fan bases. Try Reddit or try community boards; like a pacers digest, spurs report, etc., nothing is stopping you from doing that. Deuce (aka Inspector Gadget) scrapes info from RealGM, god bless him for that and his posts have value in that regard. Those Kuzma for Al Horford trades probably came from RealGM OKC board.

Go out and find these sign and trade partners!

Maybe I'm missing something, but why are bird rights valuable in a sign and trade? A sign and trade must be a minimum of 3 years, which already is a long-term deal. Are you proposing someone might take DS on a three year deal with only the first guaranteed, but value his bird rights enough that they'll send something of value to US so that they can then MAX OUT DS after one year? Again, maybe I'm missing something, but that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Sure, a sign and trade is possible, but I think we only need to look at teams that don't have enough cap space to sign DS outright or intend to sign multiple players such that a S&T would work ... and even then, we can't count on getting HUGE value in return.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:52 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Draft Twitter wouldn't accept that trade anyway.

Anyone in their right mind wouldn't accept that trade...Jonas is superior to Gasol, Clarke is a better over all player than Kuz and Brooks is their starting SG with tons of upside....You're lucky to get Jonas by himself with that deal.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:

Anunoby.

I agree. This is predicated on if Lowry wants to leave, and the contract for Lowry favors the Lakers.

If I remember correctly, wasn't it more Toronto doing their due diligence more than Lowry wanting a trade? He seemed to be content riding the season out and then either walking in summer or working something out via S&T.

Also recall him being more high on Philly and Miami as options. So perhaps he doesn't even really want to make the move out west but I lose it thinking how perfect he'd be flanking LeBron/AD as that 3rd guy.

And then if we could find a deal for Hield... his scoring prowess, both on and off ball, would be an ideal fit. But now I'm getting ahead of myself.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:01 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
Bird rights is what is getting missed in all of the DS talk.

It gets reset if Schroder simply signs with another team. His bird rights can go with him if he instead chooses to do a S&T....

Sometimes that is all the incentive one needs

That doesn't really matter.

If he signs as a free agent, it will at least be a three-year deal, so the whole bird right's matter will become a moot point.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
2019 wrote:

Anunoby.

If I remember correctly, wasn't it more Toronto doing their due diligence more than Lowry wanting a trade? He seemed to be content riding the season out and then either walking in summer or working something out via S&T.

Also recall him being more high on Philly and Miami as options. So perhaps he doesn't even really want to make the move out west but I lose it thinking how perfect he'd be flanking LeBron/AD as that 3rd guy.

And then if we could find a deal for Hield... his scoring prowess, both on and off ball, would be an ideal fit. But now I'm getting ahead of myself.

Except Hield can't defend.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Considering how we bent over backwards to make him happy. That possibility would be both hilarious and sad. But hopefully it would be a teaching moment for Rob.
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
bkt4208 wrote:
Bird rights is what is getting missed in all of the DS talk.

It gets reset if Schroder simply signs with another team. His bird rights can go with him if he instead chooses to do a S&T....

Sometimes that is all the incentive one needs

That doesn't really matter.

If he signs as a free agent, it will at least be a three-year deal, so the whole bird right's matter will become a moot point.

No, it gets reset until after he has played three years with the team. He is only 27 so of course it matters. Say, the Knick sign him to a 3 year deal and decide to trade him in year 2 (they wouldn't have his bird rights) and then he shines at his new place and wants a raise (they will not be able to pay him that extra because they will not have his bird rights).

Anytime a player has his Bird Rights locked in they would like to keep it as long as they can- especially a young(ish) player who is looking to get the most they can get. Having those rights is what allows the Lakers to offer more than anyone else right now.

Now obviously it means more for MAX players- where DS falls way short in that capacity- but for over the cap teams it helps to have players with Bird rights to be able to keep, since you are able to exceed the cap in resigning them...and of course it helps for said player because said team can offer him more than anyone else

Schroder played his way out of a 20 million per year contract IMO....as I doubt ANYONE is offering him that in free-agency.

I do however see him possibly getting close to that still with the Lakers and perhaps in a S&T (perhaps with less guaranteed) because of said Bird Rights
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:29 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

They don’t want Schroder, they just want THT
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject:

bkt4208 wrote:
The "reuniting with Ball" when we have zero cap space, he is an RFA and we have little to no assets (especially compared to what other teams could offer) is also asinine....

We seriously need two threads.

One for realistic and logical offseason signings and trades and then one for all this absurd-silly talk- no way- not going to happen- dreamland proposals

Chill. If you created a "realistic and logical" thread (and if the mods didn't just merge it), you'd just wind up arguing about whether various ideas are realistic and logical. Then you'd be creating a "really realistic and logical" thread. Naw. Just roll with it as is. There will always be some goofy ideas, but most people just cruise on by them.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:38 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1404487874695806982?s=21

Beef between Cuban and The Athletic Mavs reporter.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:39 am    Post subject:

luka giving Mavs timeline......
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
luka giving Mavs timeline......

That’s the major contribution of Klutch/Lebron. Stars don’t wait around anymore, they put a ton of pressure on their respective franchises to improve or they are out.

All the superstars follow the Lebron template now.
bkt4208
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
2019 wrote:

They don’t want Schroder, they just want THT

THT alone would not have been enough salary matching to get Lowry (which makes many of those comments rather uneducated)

So sure, they wanted him as part of the package; but obviously it would have required more.

Who knows if they wanted Schroder or not if he had already signed an extension or if they would want him now in a sign and trade as opposed to losing Lowry for nothing- other assets added possibly as well
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

More!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

More!

Welcome back, and here you go

https://twitter.com/original_gio/status/1404496570662359040?s=21
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:53 am    Post subject:

Chick's Magic Johnson wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but why are bird rights valuable in a sign and trade? A sign and trade must be a minimum of 3 years, which already is a long-term deal. Are you proposing someone might take DS on a three year deal with only the first guaranteed, but value his bird rights enough that they'll send something of value to US so that they can then MAX OUT DS after one year? Again, maybe I'm missing something, but that makes no sense to me whatsoever. Sure, a sign and trade is possible, but I think we only need to look at teams that don't have enough cap space to sign DS outright or intend to sign multiple players such that a S&T would work ... and even then, we can't count on getting HUGE value in return.

Bird rights are essential right now for the reasons you give in the second part of your post. Unless one of the teams with cap space decide to give Schroder a contract, he's actually in a tight spot. The teams without cap space would not be able to offer him more than the MLE, which would be a calamity for Schroder. If he wants to go to a team that can't sign him with cap space, and if he wants to get paid what he thinks he is worth, he needs us to agree to a sign and trade using his Bird rights.

What kind of value would we get back? Who knows? There can be a lot of scenarios once you start down that path. I wouldn't expect to get much back unless we added pieces to the trade, but you never know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6086, 6087, 6088 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 6087 of 8560
Jump to: