OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7067, 7068, 7069 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
All this talk about needing a 3-D wing got me thinking… is there any way we can try bringing back Brandon Ingram? I know dealing with the Pelicans FO can be tough but could a reunion be possible in the near future?

Ingram does not play defense at all. And he’s not even good enough to make you a play in team
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
All this talk about needing a 3-D wing got me thinking… is there any way we can try bringing back Brandon Ingram? I know dealing with the Pelicans FO can be tough but could a reunion be possible in the near future?

Ingram does not play defense at all. And he’s not even good enough to make you a play in team

His evaluations come from NBA 2K
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I honestly want to see everyone healthy before raising the red flag.

Nunn, THT, Ariza & Ellington are here to fill a purpose. Whether its creating offense, knocking down shots, or defending.

Hence why our defense sucks right now. 4 key role players missing is not a good way to start the year. We just have to be patient at the moment.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

Nunn, THT, Ariza & Ellington are here to fill a purpose. Whether its creating offense, knocking down shots, or defending.

Hence why our defense sucks right now. 4 key role players missing is not a good way to start the year. We just have to be patient at the moment.

Of those 4 only Ariza is a defender and he is over the hill
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:11 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

A whole generation raised on credit cards (not $ patiently earned) microwaves, drive-thrus, faster and faster computers, be patient?.....I don't think so.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

I think most of us are patient but that doesn’t mean you can’t talk about possibilities, it’s how you extend your championship window because at this moment our title window is probably 1 or 2 years.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:29 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

That's fair, but on the other hand, this team isn't about the role players. If we're counting on Wayne Ellington to turn the season around, we're in trouble. Our success or failure will turn on the ability of Lebron, Davis, and Westbrook to develop some sort of synergy.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:

You need everyone healthy to beat a Warrior team that didn't have Klay and Curry didn't even show up and a Phoenix team whom you used to dominate with just AD?

That's just lame excuses. New players needing time to gel and injuries are just excuses.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:

That's fair, but on the other hand, this team isn't about the role players. If we're counting on Wayne Ellington to turn the season around, we're in trouble. Our success or failure will turn on the ability of Lebron, Davis, and Westbrook to develop some sort of synergy.

I'm more concerned with Lebron's non-chalant regular season attitude. The entire team is full of vets that are way too cool for school and Lebron's attitude and passive aggressiveness are a recipe for disaster. AD has definitely taken on the mentality of half assing the regular season since we won the chip. Now, I'm grateful for the chip but we all know what happens if and when the wheels come off. It'll be a season of passive agressive quotes, rolling eyes and just flatout giving little effort. I mean look at this:

https://streamable.com/tvmfeg

Make NO MISTAKE, Westbrook was a Klutch decision and he's going to have to live with it. Things could very well turn around but if we crash and burn, it seems to me this might be some sort of record in terms of Klutch burning through an organization.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Can we bring back Kuzma? He's averaging 18.5 ppg and 13 reb in helping the Wizards go 2 - 0
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Man, that 2018 draft class could be an all-timer. Miles Bridges might be following a Zach LaVine-esque development track; MPJ, SGA, and (possibly) JJJ all seem to have All-Star potential; and even Mo Bamba is starting to pick it up. A really fun group.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Man, that 2018 draft class could be an all-timer. Miles Bridges might be following a Zach LaVine-esque development track; MPJ, SGA, and (possibly) JJJ all seem to have All-Star potential; and even Mo Bamba is starting to pick it up. A really fun group.

We were part of some loaded draft class when we had our lottery pick, unfortunately we didn’t hit any game changers, it’s now that the players we got are starting to realize there potential.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

We were part of some loaded draft class when we had our lottery pick, unfortunately we didn’t hit any game changers, it’s now that the players we got are starting to realize there potential.

If you look at the history of #2 draft picks, a run of DLo/Ingram/Ball is really, really good! Julius has worked his way into being a consistent All-Star, and the Lakers later picks have mostly all become productive NBA rotation players, which is really uncommon for players drafted #15-60. Huge credit goes to Jesse Buss and his scouting crew.

And even if you lament Magic not drafting Tatum (I regret the Lakers passing on De'Anthony Melton twice in 2018), remember that every Lakers young player would've been expendable for the LBJ/AD core.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Man would have been awesome to have added Melo, Bazemore and Monk and not traded for Russ. Keep Caruso too. All this team needed was more shooting and spacing. Westbrook is so redundant.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Man would have been awesome to have added Melo, Bazemore and Monk and not traded for Russ. Keep Caruso too. All this team needed was more shooting and spacing. Westbrook is so redundant.

Or just have Buddy, AC, KCP, Melo, Nunn.

The sad part about WB is the Lakers might have a better record if he wasn’t on the team.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject:

what I'd give to have Damian Jones on this roster
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Can we bring back Kuzma? He's averaging 18.5 ppg and 13 reb in helping the Wizards go 2 - 0

Kuzma sucks. No!
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Tonight, Buddy went 2-10 from 3 and 2-11 overall, doing not much else in 25 minutes tonight. We need to stop acting like this guy would have been peanut butter and jelly with this team and coaching staff. You can approximate 3 point shooting and poor perimeter defense. The Lakers are doing a solid job of that so far.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Vegas odds to chip by order

Nets 1-2
Lakers 1-2
Bucks 2-1 Defending champs
GS 3-0 team we lost to
Suns 1-2 team we lost to

- So early in the season, New team with too many new incoming players just learning how to play. No need to 😱 panic and trade, fire or bench. Let the process of playing more games happen, coaches are figuring things out as well as our players. I think by December we will know what or if we need any changes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:39 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
what I'd give to have Damian Jones on this roster

What Damian Jones would give to break the rotation in Sacramento.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:56 am    Post subject:

I don't think Damian Jones would change anything.

Of all the teams that were any good last year, we are the one that went with massive changes. Westbrook, Baze, DAJ. 3 new starters, and one former MVP with a very difficult game to fit in. Now add changes to the bench as well - Dwight, Melo, Monk, Rondo, Bradley were all not here last year. That's insane. 8 new guys in our rotation vs last year around AD/Bron.

Not excusing it, as some have alluded to this being a bad side of Rob Pelinka. But damn, I've come to realize literally every rotation player right now (with THT hurt) was not here, and 3 starters around AD/Bron were not here.

Then what we did in preseason is even more of a head scratching move, just rested the big 3 all PS. I think they may have played what 1 game together in short bursts? And the rotation in the PS is nothing like the RS rotation. Just a lot of inconsistencies, and that's why this start has been so challenging.

I think we'll be a lot better, but it will take time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:06 am    Post subject:

This team is still raw as hell, can’t wait how it’ll look when WB is used to everybody, AD is in shape, defense clicking and the wings are all healthy, we gonna look good in 2022
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
NBA Executive on Buddy Hield:

“Buddy’s going to be gone. They already traded him and had a done deal.”

(via @MikeAScotto)

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
NBA Executive on Buddy Hield:

“Buddy’s going to be gone. They already traded him and had a done deal.”

(via @MikeAScotto)

Not sure about Done deal, maybe close

Buddy and picks for Simmons? Ben-Fox?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:44 am    Post subject:

It's been 3 games now where the Warriors/Suns/Memphis younger wings just run us out of the gym. Our current bigger wing defenders are all over 35. Wish we took a flyer on a few athletic wings who could help keep up on defensive transition.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7067, 7068, 7069 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7068 of 8560
Jump to: