OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7069, 7070, 7071 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Quote:
Stein: Here is video of the @ramonashelburne
report on Philly ceasing the fines Simmons had been accumulating. Simmons told teammates Friday that he is not mentally ready to play and the Sixers, according to a source close to the situation, have offered Simmons any "resources" he seeks.

https://twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1452724121083781123

Live look at Rich…

https://tenor.com/bGcwS.gif

I'm not sure the mental issues Simmons has expressed are out of convenience. There is evidence he may be suffering from some of that legitimately. Plus, it would be a VERY bad look to use that as an excuse to get paid while holding out. It's a serious issue and not something one should co-opt for personal gain.

He has lost the benefit of the doubt from the viewpoint of the public. However, if the stories of him trying to get out of playing game 7 are true then there clearly are mental issues. Whether or not it falls under the nebulous umbrella of mental health issues is certainly up for debate.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:01 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
2019 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
2019 wrote:
DLaker wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Kuz/Caruso/KCP - you win championship for us. You go bye. We'd prefer old fart ring chasers.

Still, my question goes unanswered: if it ain't broke, why fix it?

LOL its broken if I recall the Bucks are the NBA champs.

Keeping the championship team intact = another championship

21-22 season so far

34 DG 5.7pts 3 reb 0 ast
28 KCP 6.0 pts 2 reb 1.5 ast
27 AC 8.0 pts 2 reb 3.3 ast
26 Kuz 18.5 pts 13 reb 2,5 ast
35 DH 3.0 pts 3.3 reb, .3 blk
33 JM 9.0 pts 5.3 reb, .3 blk
32 MM 5.5 pts 2.5 reb 1 ast
35 RR 4.5 pts 2.0 reb 4.0 ast

If you think that team can score enough points and not tax too much load on LBJ and AD you must have some blinders on.

-Current roster has more potential, does that equal to a championship don't really know. That is why we watch the season, to see progress and by the trade deadline and waiver we can make final adjustments to better our chances. Enjoy the ride its going to be bumpy, but can he worth it in the end. Just like the 19-20 championship team, until Mar that season when we went on a streak and beat the NO, Sixers, Bucks & Clippers did we had the feeling that we have a great shot at winning which we eventually did.

Keeping it together after the bubble was never going to result in another ring. Could keeping last years roster mostly intact won this year? Doubtful.

But there was better ways to build this years roster. Starting with keeping Caruso via bird rights and then using the mMLE on a bigger defensive wing player. From there, we can debate KCP/Buddy versus Russ all day. But I'd still do the trade and then just build differently around the big 3.

Exactly this!

We weren’t in a position of strength to begin with! Imho, we lucked into the Russ trade with minimal assets.

Trez opting in was a blessing. Otherwise that Oubre Jr bag from the Bugs was potentially there for him if he opted out.

A Kuz/Trez package for Buddy still meant we had to find a perimeter playmaker to help Bron to the bench some during the regular season. Is that Schro on a re-up or S&t…who knows, but if Buddy came in, Bron still plays set-up for the offense with no relief. And then there’s the other side of the court…no thanks buddy. Who was going to sHield dude from being a turnstile on defense? AD would have been so hot & bothered, even after he sHoward.

So as much as we believe Buddy would have been the answer for us this year, maybe we need to cool it on him making us unequivocal world-beaters.

But I’m sure folks will point to the Kcp/AC variables in the Buddy equation. Yeah, I understand the Kcp part, but AC could still be part of the Russ equation had the Lakers been willing to pay more of a premium towards our title insurance. Instead we went with the minimum option.

If Russ shields Bron from playing big minutes during the regular season, then that investment will have been worth it. If it doesn’t add up to that, then I fully understand why some of y’all are big mAD about the nixed Buddy trade.

100%. And I still think this thing will work but it's not going to happen in the first 3 games. Historically Russ has taken half a season to figure it out so no reason to expect less here.

But like why would you trade for a 40 million player who tanks half the season. Like why are you just fine with that? Westbrook gets many passes I guess.

Trying to getting accustomed and tanking are two very different things.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:24 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Keeping it together after the bubble was never going to result in another ring. Could keeping last years roster mostly intact won this year? Doubtful.

Who knows?

After we won a ring, we changed the team significantly last year, and then changed it again significantly again this year.

The moves struck me as change for the sake of change rather than anything than obviously improved the team.

I am not sure this year's team is any better than last year's. Hopefully, Lebron and AD will stay healthy.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:05 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

Who knows?

After we won a ring, we changed the team significantly last year, and then changed it again significantly again this year.

The moves struck me as change for the sake of change rather than anything than obviously improved the team.

I am not sure this year's team is any better than last year's. Hopefully, Lebron and AD will stay healthy.

We won the championship
19-20 KCP, DG, LBJ, AD, Mcgee bench (Kuz, AC, RR, DH, MM, THT)
-Great def team, but LBJ have too much load and bench could not score), knowing its going to be short off season they need depth.

20-21 DS, KCP, LBJ, AD, MG bench (Kuz, AC, MH, THT, Wes, AD2. AMc, BMc)
- Needing another handler we sign two of the best six men (DS and MH), both turned out to be bust in our system, we became too small, shooting got worse, injuries and short season reason to adding (AD2 and Bmc), but still just too much load on LBJ.

21-22 RW, Baze, LBJ, AD, DJ bench (Melo, THT, Monk, WE, Nunn, RR, DH, Ariza)
- Made sure we have a workhorse to re-leave LBJ in RW. Fix the mistake of being small by adding vert def in DJ and DH. Added more bench punch and shooting in Melo, Nunn and Monk. Def got weaker.

Looking back we always have somebody we wish we could have had. 20-21 we wish we still have DH not that they didn't want DH, he just got impatient. 21-22 we wish we can have AC, same deal, offered good money, but better offer lead to his departure.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Im not seeing much of load managing lebron so far. Trying to integrate Westbrook has lead to more work for Lebron because the lanes are clogged and the spacing is nonexistant. Look how many minutes hes had to play just to eek out one win. 37, 37, 40.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

Who knows?

I used to think the same but I realize that this has LBJ all over it and the only reason is that I think he realizes his abilities are waning and he needs more star power to win a chip.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Ksig wrote:
Im not seeing much of load managing lebron so far. Trying to integrate Westbrook has lead to more work for Lebron because the lanes are clogged and the spacing is nonexistant. Look how many minutes hes had to play just to eek out one win. 37, 37, 40.

Yeah the best way to "load" manage so far isn't to take the ball out of the star's hand but rather to have the team running great from the get go.

You win with good enough margins so you can play your stars less minutes or have them sit out games altogether. That how's the clippers and bucks were able to load manage last season.

Hard to be clicking early integrating a piece who isn't a natural fit like westbrook.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

Who knows?

We won the championship
-Great def team, but LBJ have too much load and bench could not score), knowing its going to be short off season they need depth.

- Needing another handler we sign two of the best six men (DS and MH), both turned out to be bust in our system, we became too small, shooting got worse, injuries and short season reason to adding (AD2 and Bmc), but still just too much load on LBJ.

- Made sure we have a workhorse to re-leave LBJ in RW. Fix the mistake of being small by adding vert def in DJ and DH. Added more bench punch and shooting in Melo, Nunn and Monk. Def got weaker.

Looking back we always have somebody we wish we could have had. 20-21 we wish we still have DH not that they didn't want DH, he just got impatient. 21-22 we wish we can have AC, same deal, offered good money, but better offer lead to his departure.

hard to say how the season would have ended had davis not gone down with injury int round 1...

but had the lakers kept the championship team intact and picked someone like desmond bane with their first while using the money spent on harrell on more youth...i dunno...might not have won the championship either but would have been in a better position this past off season to retool, imo...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

Who knows?

We won the championship

The second season was derailed because of Lebron's and AD's injuries. For all we know, if not for that, the Lakers could have made a run at it. But, for all we know, if they had stayed healthy and kept the ring team in tact, they could have made another run for it too.

No matter what opinion you hold, it's 100% conjecture.

I don't think the current team looks great on paper or on the court. But they still have Lebron and AD. And if those two are healthy, they'll be in the mix no matter who their teammates are. If they're not healthy, the supporting cast is irrelevant.

I see the last years as nothing more than shuffling the chairs on the deck of an oceanliner.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

Who knows?

I used to think the same but I realize that this has LBJ all over it and the only reason is that I think he realizes his abilities are waning and he needs more star power to win a chip.

I'm not sure about that. Lebron has always wanted star power around him. He created the big three in Miami. He went back to Cleveland and got them to trade their #1 pick for Kevin Love to form another Big Three.

Basically, Lebron is all about the now, and he always wants his team to acquire more stars and more talent.

I have no idea if he perceives his talents as "waning." I don't know how you can judge that unless you are inside Lebron's mind.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:46 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Ksig wrote:

Yeah the best way to "load" manage so far isn't to take the ball out of the star's hand but rather to have the team running great from the get go.

You win with good enough margins so you can play your stars less minutes or have them sit out games altogether. That how's the clippers and bucks were able to load manage last season.

Hard to be clicking early integrating a piece who isn't a natural fit like westbrook.

Load management is more than that.

It's about back-to-back games, cardio work, practice, warm-up routines, postgame recovery regimens, cross-country flights, lack of sleep, back-to-back games, and lots of other stuff.

At this point, load management is as much an educated guess as a true science. We're probably a decade or more away from understanding load management is a way that it can be meaningfully applied. My guess is load management won't become meaningful until they figure out a way to measure the stress that individual player's bodies are enduring.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
27 wrote:
Maybe I'm crazy but with the surprise play of Reaves -- I don't mind that we are without Buddy. I just hope Reaves gets the chance to continue to grow throughout the season.

I can't remember the last time Lakers had a rookie who wasn't afraid to shoot, could knock down those timely shots, and play scrappy defense. I think D'Angelo comes to mind but maybe my expectations were too high for him (as a rookie) so i felt disappointed with his play.

Reaves is a fantastic player for this team as he works well in his role. A guy that comes in plays hard defense, is smart to move the ball intelligently, and at the same time make shots when needed. Reeves is that guy that is never going to hurt you and as a coach you have confidence in his natural basketball instincts. That is what Kuzma was not! Kuzma is not high IQ but works well when he is part of the main attraction on a lower tear team.

I love this kid. He wanted to be a Laker so I am glad we are going to have him in the next few years!
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Reaves = Caruso 2.0
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:21 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

with a jump shot
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

with a jump shot

and actually has some playmaking ability as well which has been an extremely pleasant surprise.

He's def. got some work to do to catch up to Caruso defensively but he's on the right track and only more playing time and experience can get him there but the potential is looking real good.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Are the Clippers this good or Portland is bad? How much longer will Dame stay in Portland?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
At this point, load management is as much an educated guess as a true science. We're probably a decade or more away from understanding load management is a way that it can be meaningfully applied. My guess is load management won't become meaningful until they figure out a way to measure the stress that individual player's bodies are enduring.

Some aspects of it are pretty well developed. This is especially true in high level soccer, though you can find it in most if not all major sports leagues. For purposes of these discussions among fans, the problem is that the typical fan thinks of load management as involving minutes played in games or sitting out games. That can be a part of it, but only a relatively small part.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:08 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
LGFan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

with a jump shot

and actually has some playmaking ability as well which has been an extremely pleasant surprise.

He's def. got some work to do to catch up to Caruso defensively but he's on the right track and only more playing time and experience can get him there but the potential is looking real good.

Would have been fun to see Reaves and Caruso out there together.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:

Some aspects of it are pretty well developed. This is especially true in high level soccer, though you can find it in most if not all major sports leagues. For purposes of these discussions among fans, the problem is that the typical fan thinks of load management as involving minutes played in games or sitting out games. That can be a part of it, but only a relatively small part.

Yeah, "load management," on boards like this, are usually just used as a synonym for cutting down a player's minutes.

I find load management to be a fascinating topic. So much more to learn about it.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:

Who knows?

I don't disagree that Lebron pushed to get Westbrook. I'm just saying that Lebron has pushed to get stars around him his entire career. So I just see this as more of the same, rather than something new that reflects that Lebron's opinion of his own ability has changed.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

2 different types of players. I feel Reaves is better.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:21 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
hype wrote:
LGFan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

with a jump shot

Would have been fun to see Reaves and Caruso out there together.

Definitely.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

with a jump shot

Minus the hops
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:39 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Reaves = Caruso 2.0

with a jump shot

Caruso is a career 38% 3pt shooter... he isnt missing a jump shot
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:42 am    Post subject:

ofcourse small sample size but Malcom Brogdan currently flirting with 25/8/8 averages on the season... Morey is a fool if he really turned down a Pacers package of Brogdan and other assets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7069, 7070, 7071 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7070 of 8560
Jump to: