OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7070, 7071, 7072 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:06 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ofcourse small sample size but Malcom Brogdan currently flirting with 25/8/8 averages on the season... Morey is a fool if he really turned down a Pacers package of Brogdan and other assets.

Water is wet.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:00 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ofcourse small sample size but Malcom Brogdan currently flirting with 25/8/8 averages on the season... Morey is a fool if he really turned down a Pacers package of Brogdan and other assets.

Eh. You have to look at the whole picture. He's taking 20.5 shots per game and shooting .280 from three. The team is 1-3. That looks like a guy who is putting up numbers on a struggling team.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:24 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

The bonus is that Brogdon also plays above average defense at the point position. Terrible decisions all around by the 76ers in how they've handled this. If I were a Philly fan I'd want Morey to be replace for his big ego alone.

The franchise did not have to go through all this nonsense during a championship-viable season even if we can agree that Ben Simmons is completely wrong for his antics.
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 am    Post subject:

Call in the hounds but I think I’ve seen what will only get worse as we go forward. The SF/PF wing depth and defense is going to be a huge problem. Reaves is the only guy that’s a little bigger and longer but he’s a Rookie and not physical yet.

So, my “I’m not sure if possible” trade would be THT and Bazemore(his IQ and game is not ready for primetime in LA) for Robert Covington and then signing James Ennis. You essentially are adding 2 decent wing defenders and shooters. Covington off the books next year and Ennis can be a vet min deal.

As much as I love THT, the emergence of Reaves although different skill sets let’s THT be expendable.

Longtime LG lurker.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:08 am    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
So, my “I’m not sure if possible” trade would be THT and Bazemore(his IQ and game is not ready for primetime in LA) for Robert Covington and then signing James Ennis. You essentially are adding 2 decent wing defenders and shooters. Covington off the books next year and Ennis can be a vet min deal. .

The James Ennis dream will never die. Never!
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

It’s not a dream. He’s a marginal player that’s available for the min. Simple as that. He’s literally sitting on the couch so he’s not that great but he fits a need here. Bazemore can replace him on the sofa.

Longtime LG lurker.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Eh. You have to look at the whole picture. He's taking 20.5 shots per game and shooting .280 from three. The team is 1-3. That looks like a guy who is putting up numbers on a struggling team.

his career shooting splits are 47/38/89 which is pretty solid plus he notched a 50/40/90 season a few years ago... his % should increase towards the mean
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:25 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

his career shooting splits are 47/38/89 which is pretty solid plus he notched a 50/40/90 season a few years ago... his % should increase towards the mean

50/40/90 was a season when he averaged 11 FGA. Shooting percentages are often non-scaleable. More shots leads to a lower percentage. So we don’t know what the mean looks like at 20 FGA per game.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I can see why Philly turned the deal down.

Brogdon is turning 29 and he’s suffered a lot of injuries.

Hard to say what Brogdon shooting "mean" is. He was a complementary player his first four years, probably the #3 or #4 guy on this team. Last year was kind of a breakthrough for him, so we'll see if he can sustain it now that he is the #1 or #2 guy.

Ultimately, whether the 76ers will be kicking themselves depends on (1) what happens with the whole Simmons thing and (2) whether Brogdon stays healthy and turns a corner himself.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

I can see why Philly turned the deal down.

Brogdon is turning 29 and he’s suffered a lot of injuries.

Hard to say what Brogdon shooting "mean" is. He was a complementary player his first four years, probably the #3 or #4 guy on this team. Last year was kind of a breakthrough for him, so we'll see if he can sustain it now that he is the #1 or #2 guy.

Ultimately, whether the 76ers will be kicking themselves depends on (1) what happens with the whole Simmons thing and (2) whether Brogdon stays healthy and turns a corner himself.

Morey can get Brogdon for Simmons done today if he wants. That deal will be there even if the Pacers want to haggle haggle over number of picks/Duarte.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:35 pm    Post subject:

not any more Brogdon got extended so he cant be traded anytime soon
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Former Laker Quinn Cook Signs With Lokomotiv Kuban
Veteran free agent guard Quinn Cook has signed a rest-of-season contract with Lokomotiv Kuban, the Russian team announced today in a press release.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/10/quinn-cook-signs-with-lokomotiv-kuban.html
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Morey can get Brogdon for Simmons done today if he wants. That deal will be there even if the Pacers want to haggle haggle over number of picks/Duarte.

I had read that Brogdon by virtue of the extension was off the table due to trade rules.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Russ expiring contract next year is going to be soooo awesome.

Dreams of ...

Harden, Lavine, Ayton and Beal dance in my head.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Can we do like the Celtics did and trade our coach?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:13 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Dreams of ...

Yea, we should trade Bron and Re-sign Westbrook.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:19 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I had read that Brogdon by virtue of the extension was off the table due to trade rules.

He can't be traded until April 18, 2022 -- or six months after he signed his extension.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Dreams of ...

Hard to believe, but i can see another team stepping up with an offer that beats Russ plus some 2nd rounders.

More likely Russ opts out and signs a 3-year (3/100?) deal that gets the Lakers under the luxury tax.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Dreams of ...

Hard to believe, but i can see another team stepping up with an offer that beats Russ plus some 2nd rounders.

More likely Russ opts out and signs a 3-year (3/100?) deal that gets the Lakers under the luxury tax.

Right now, Lebron and Westbrook's contracts run out after next season.

After his current contract runs out, Westbrook will be 35, so the Lakers might want to take a wait-and-see before thinking about extending him.

The Lakers right only have AD and THT on the books, so they might want to keep flexibility.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject:

I am looking forward to a Nunn/Monk backcourt. They will cause teams fits.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Dreams of ...

I agree with this if we win the title...that way we can resign Monk (if he continues to improve and Nunn if he opts out). Then Russ resigns 3 for $90 or so. If we don't win the chip then all bets are off.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:01 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Former Laker Quinn Cook Signs With Lokomotiv Kuban
Veteran free agent guard Quinn Cook has signed a rest-of-season contract with Lokomotiv Kuban, the Russian team announced today in a press release.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/10/quinn-cook-signs-with-lokomotiv-kuban.html

I was pulling for him since he was a true Laker fan but his 3 ball was not deadly enough to overcome his size and defensive liabilities.
Atleast he got to win a championship with the Lakers before falling out of the league
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:14 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
AD23 wrote:

Dreams of ...

I agree with this if we win the title...that way we can resign Monk (if he continues to improve and Nunn if he opts out). Then Russ resigns 3 for $90 or so. If we don't win the chip then all bets are off.

Whether we win or lose, pretty much everyone but Lebron/AD/Russ are probably gone unless they’re willing to come back for the minimum again. Reaves i think we have one more year of cheap cost control before we let him walk like so many assets before him. THT i think gets traded to avoid the luxury tax, unless he has a monster breakout in spite of already falling behind with injuries at a glutted position. Everyone else is going for the bag somewhere else.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

James Harden in 5 games this season with the new foul rules:

16.6 PPG
8.0 APG
7.0 RPG
36% FG
33% 3P

https://twitter.com/HoHighlights/status/1453542462962733058
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
James Harden in 5 games this season with the new foul rules:

16.6 PPG
8.0 APG
7.0 RPG
36% FG
33% 3P

https://twitter.com/HoHighlights/status/1453542462962733058

Harden's TS% was 66% when he was a 22 year old sixth man on the Thunder.

He wasn't getting star calls back then... he'll get his averages back up after he makes the adjustments.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7070, 7071, 7072 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7071 of 8560
Jump to: