OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7121, 7122, 7123 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:51 am    Post subject:

I am still hoping that Nunn is going to be a big addition for us. If he takes the next step, he could be a HUGE signing. I would not trade him because we would be selling low.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:59 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
These are the kind of posts that can make you choke on coffee while you are drinking it

This should be your new signature.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 5:05 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I am still hoping that Nunn is going to be a big addition for us. If he takes the next step, he could be a HUGE signing. I would not trade him because we would be selling low.

I hope so, but so far every one of these guys has been underwhelming if not downright disappointing. Ellington and Bazemore have barely registered. THT started off well, but then flatlined. Help me, Kendrick Nunn. You’re my only hope.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:41 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

Btw, fwiw SAC fans hate Hield. He is a great shooter, but how much of an upgrade is he going to be over Ellington and Monk if Sacramento fans are sick of his play?

I don’t think THT is getting traded, but if he is…it better not be for Hield.

Hield is more of a elite shooter while Ellington at this stage of his career is up and down in terms of making 3pt shots, Laker fans have been whining about the FO not doing the Kings trade when they had the chance and now we can end up having Hield + Westbrook, I would just love to see Westbrook throwing passes to Hield for the 3, it would be a lot better then giving it to our inconsistent shooters.

You have to factor in the 3PT % decrease that comes with playing in a Lakers uniform. Hield isn’t worth trading the only legitimate young asset you have left.

If it’s in a package for a Jerami Grant (much needed Wing), ok then maybe we see if the Pistons like THT.

I am ok trading tht but not for Grant or hield

These are the kind of posts that can make you choke on coffee while you are drinking it I know you are probably being sarcastic but if not I have no words.. Hield or Grant are exactly the type of players you need when you are trying to go all in, THT is gonna be very good but that probably won’t right now especially with guards/forwards looking to get there share of minutes, if you have the chance to get a Impact player in a 2-year window to win a championship you do it, we might never be in this situation for 20+ years once LeBron hangs it up.

With you being thirsty for any trade and posting here nonstop 24/7 one would think u spent enough time knowing the cba and how the cap works, the luxury tax implications on the team salary

Grant makes 20m and hield makes 23 while THT makes 9.5, no team is taking 3/5 min contracts to satisfy ur thirst to make a trade

We are not trading Nunn when he took significant less and hasn’t played a single game to satisfy ur trade thirsty appetite

Do better, post better and pick someone else to pick on
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:46 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

I hope so, but so far every one of these guys has been underwhelming if not downright disappointing. Ellington and Bazemore have barely registered. THT started off well, but then flatlined. Help me, Kendrick Nunn. You’re my only hope.

Kendrick Nunn is the glue that brings it all together?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Evidently him and Ariza since THT hasn’t been able to.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
THT/WB for Simmons/Curry. 😏

I would definitely be down for that. I would even be down for Simmons and Green.

and Morey will be fired the next minute.

As a Laker supporter, i'm not worried about his job. Seriously though, Morey dealt with Westbrook in Houston. I don't know how that relationship went, but on paper and Wrestbrook's name, he doesn't sound too bad. He may even work with Embiid and the shooters over there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:53 am    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

Btw, fwiw SAC fans hate Hield. He is a great shooter, but how much of an upgrade is he going to be over Ellington and Monk if Sacramento fans are sick of his play?

Hield is more of a elite shooter while Ellington at this stage of his career is up and down in terms of making 3pt shots, Laker fans have been whining about the FO not doing the Kings trade when they had the chance and now we can end up having Hield + Westbrook, I would just love to see Westbrook throwing passes to Hield for the 3, it would be a lot better then giving it to our inconsistent shooters.

You have to factor in the 3PT % decrease that comes with playing in a Lakers uniform. Hield isn’t worth trading the only legitimate young asset you have left.

If it’s in a package for a Jerami Grant (much needed Wing), ok then maybe we see if the Pistons like THT.

These are the kind of posts that can make you choke on coffee while you are drinking it I know you are probably being sarcastic but if not I have no words.. Hield or Grant are exactly the type of players you need when you are trying to go all in, THT is gonna be very good but that probably won’t right now especially with guards/forwards looking to get there share of minutes, if you have the chance to get a Impact player in a 2-year window to win a championship you do it, we might never be in this situation for 20+ years once LeBron hangs it up.

With you being thirsty for any trade and posting here nonstop 24/7 one would think u spent enough time knowing the cba and how the cap works, the luxury tax implications on the team salary

Grant makes 20m and hield makes 23 while THT makes 9.5, no team is taking 3/5 min contracts to satisfy ur thirst to make a trade

We are not trading Nunn when he took significant less and hasn’t played a single game to satisfy ur trade thirsty appetite

The point wasn’t about the cap numbers, it’s that Grant and Hield would help us more right now then THT, unless THT wakes up and suddenly starts to contribute at a high level, you try to see what you can get for your best trade chip, btw you said THT makes 9.5M you can still consummate a multiple team trade

Lakers get Buddy Hield

Kings get Myles Turner

Pacers get THT / Marvin Bagley

9.5 and 11.3 gets you enough to take on Buddy Hield
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:58 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Overpay IG.

The point wasn’t about the cap numbers, it’s that Grant and Hield would help us more right now then THT, unless THT wakes up and suddenly starts to contribute at a high level, you try to see what you can get for your best trade chip, btw you said THT makes 9.5M you can still consummate a multiple team trade

Lakers get Buddy Hield

Kings get Myles Turner

Stop the nonsense. Hield makes 23m so lakers have to send 18m min salary.

Most teams have set rosters so no team is 4vet min scrubs to help the lakers

That 5m between 18-23m would cost lakers around 20-25m in lux tax
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 9:31 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Hoping he continues his growth. He really balled the last couple of months last season. Granted, the Heat have shooters which helped him, but he was nevertheless a good player for them.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lakers get Buddy Hield

Kings get Myles Turner

It's fun to propose trades without worrying about trade rules and caps.

Here's one from me: The Lakers trade Luke Doncic and get Giannis.

Don't complain that Doncic isn't on the Lakers and we don't have the rights to trade him! I only care about what the Lakers need, not the trade rules!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:47 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

"Kendrick Nunn was our last hope." "No, there is another."
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Bad pun of the day..

"Do the Lakers have any hope at all?"

"Nunn."
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
RI Laker wrote:

Bad pun of the day..

"Do the Lakers have any hope at all?"

"Nunn."

This made me laugh.
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject:

People that need to go:
THT
Bazemore
Deandre
Ellington
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
People that need to go:
THT
Bazemore
Deandre
Ellington

What did Ellington do? You want one of our few shooters to be off the team?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
LGFan wrote:
People that need to go:
THT
Bazemore
Deandre
Ellington

What did Ellington do? You want one of our few shooters to be off the team?

Seriously
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
People that need to go:
THT
Bazemore
Deandre
Ellington

THT hate here is hilarious. Letting young guys grow is not a thing on LG.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I appreciate Carmelo Anthony’s great story of being a great shooter this year but he has cost us a few games with his lackadaisical play...
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LGFan wrote:
People that need to go:
THT
Bazemore
Deandre
Ellington

Yeah cause we in win now mode. Nobody is hating. He can net us someone who can help now.

Bron, Westbrook and Nunn when he returns will handle the ball anyways
Laker4lifer4real
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject:

“Win now mode??!! “ We can’t even beat sub .500 teams.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LGFan wrote:
People that need to go:
THT
Bazemore
Deandre
Ellington

Yeah cause we in win now mode. Nobody is hating. He can net us someone who can help now.

Bron, Westbrook and Nunn when he returns will handle the ball anyways

We need him to pop whether it’s to help our team or for him to be traded o get us someone.

That requires letting him play and go through growing pains.

Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Yeah cause championships are won in November, I forgot
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Laker4lifer4real wrote:

Yeah cause championships are won in November, I forgot

Using your logic then…THT and our team can get better and round out to form as the season goes on. Like you said it’s only November
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I appreciate Carmelo Anthony’s great story of being a great shooter this year but he has cost us a few games with his lackadaisical play...

He played ok, even on defense, but if you expect him to play defense like Kieff, you are asking too much.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7121, 7122, 7123 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7122 of 8560
Jump to: