OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7129, 7130, 7131 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:37 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
So the Bulls and Heat lose second round picks for tampering with Lonzo Ball and Kyle Lowry. That’s actually sort of light. The Bucks got the same punishment even though they didn’t sign Bogdanovic,

In a statement, the Heat said, "While we disagree, we accept the league's decision."

I think it’s bullbleep too for Miami….meaning that only the Bulls should have been penalized in this case.

Lowry was a trade deadline target of Miami last season and I’m sure those extension talks were breached if a deal was struck at that time. During those talks, I’m pretty sure a contingency S&t route during the summer was also discussed if a deadline deal was not struck. How can you prove those type of talks were not brought up at that time and instead were exclusively discussed during this past summer?

As for the Bulls, they’re lucky it was only a 2nd round pick and they know it…

The Bulls released a statement, saying: "We are glad this process has concluded and look forward to the rest of our season."

Lonzo was a RFA just like Bogs was for Sac, so the Pels had an exclusive window to get an extension/new deal done. Just like the Bucks, the Bulls tampered with that window. So it should cost them as it did the Bucks (even without landing Bogs). On the flip, Lowry was an UFA.

Either way, it’s hard to have any oversight on this stuff, but imho the statements from each team are very telling haha.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Alex Regla
@AlexmRegla

For example, on the year, the Lakers most used lineup has logged 108 possessions. 18 other teams have lineups w/over 300 poss.

Take the Phoenix Suns for example, who already entered the season with arguably the most carried over continuity from the previous campaign, they lead the league with 578 possessions from their starting five.

That's pretty crazy
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
So the Bulls and Heat lose second round picks for tampering with Lonzo Ball and Kyle Lowry. That’s actually sort of light. The Bucks got the same punishment even though they didn’t sign Bogdanovic,

The league really needs to examine its whole approach to tampering.

There is so much inconsistency, hypocrisy, and artificial deadlines built into it, it's pretty ridiculous.

Once they gave players a pass on working together to form their own teams, the whole concept of what is tampering began to fall apart.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

PG13 out tonight (rest), gearing up for their NBA Finals matchup against the Lakers
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:06 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

The league really needs to examine its whole approach to tampering.

There is so much inconsistency, hypocrisy, and artificial deadlines built into it, it's pretty ridiculous.

Once they gave players a pass on working together to form their own teams, the whole concept of what is tampering began to fall apart.

So the joe Smith, wolves situation was really way worse.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Losing 2nd round picks is really going to deter franchises from tampering

Speaking of tampering, what happened to Kawhi/Jerry West fiasco? Swept under the rug with Ballmer $ to NBA/BOG?
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PG13 out tonight (rest), gearing up for their NBA Finals matchup against the Lakers

It's game 7 for these bums
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Speaking of tampering, what happened to Kawhi/Jerry West fiasco? Swept under the rug with Ballmer $ to NBA/BOG?

No one cares for the Dippers and the Snake is irrelevant. I totally forgot about this clown.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

So the joe Smith, wolves situation was really way worse.

The Joe Smith thing wasn't tampering, though. It was pure cap circumvention. Smith agreed to sign a low price contract with the Twolves, and then he would get a max deal when they had his bird rights.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I believe that the lawsuit is still going on. I expect that the league is waiting to see what happens.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:03 pm    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Alex Regla
@AlexmRegla

For example, on the year, the Lakers most used lineup has logged 108 possessions. 18 other teams have lineups w/over 300 poss.

Take the Phoenix Suns for example, who already entered the season with arguably the most carried over continuity from the previous campaign, they lead the league with 578 possessions from their starting five.

That's pretty crazy

That would be Rob's fault to be honest, how he continues to turn over the Lakers, and then injuries.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Would y'all make a Westbrook for Ben Simmons and Matisse Thybulle trade? I know, I know Philly wouldn't, but I wanna know y'all opinion.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Would y'all make a Westbrook for Ben Simmons and Matisse Thybulle trade? I know, I know Philly wouldn't, but I wanna know y'all opinion.

This reminds me of those “you get $10,000,000, but you have to live in this mansion for a year, do you do it??” posts
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

This reminds me of those “you get $10,000,000, but you have to live in this mansion for a year, do you do it??” posts

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

No. I really think that we need to play this out, with a possible addition or two during buyout season. We would essentially be starting over, trying to figure out how to make Simmons fit with Lebron and Davis. There is also legitimate doubt about whether Simmons is damaged goods at this point.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Dumb Sixers. Trying to be cute and passed the ball too many times.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

No, I would not.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

No. I really think that we need to play this out, with a possible addition or two during buyout season. We would essentially be starting over, trying to figure out how to make Simmons fit with Lebron and Davis. There is also legitimate doubt about whether Simmons is damaged goods at this point.

Thybulle and Simmons are two of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA.. both are legit DPOY level guys. Neither can shoot but hell yes I'd that.

Philly would never remotely consider it.
carjoch831
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

Yes! I will even include THT as a thank you gift to Morey.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I believe that the lawsuit is still going on. I expect that the league is waiting to see what happens.

From everything I've read, the lawsuit seems pretty ridiculous.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:32 pm    Post subject:

carjoch831 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Yes! I will even include THT as a thank you gift to Morey.

Lol dang.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

From everything I've read, the lawsuit seems pretty ridiculous.

Probably. However, the last thing I heard was that the judge declined to throw the whole thing out. I didn't get enough information to say whether it is likely to go to trial.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:10 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Thybulle and Simmons are two of the best perimeter defenders in the NBA.. both are legit DPOY level guys.

At this point, I really don't know what Simmons is. I know that a lot of people think that he is just fine and that he is just faking it to force a trade. But we'd need to be awfully sure about that, or else we could end up with a toxic long-term contract. Also, can someone who seems to be emotionally fragile handle the pressure of playing for the Lakers? Some guys just aren't cut out for it. We all know this.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:40 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

I would donate some of my own money to help blindfold Morey into doing that trade, so yes.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

I would donate some of my own money to help blindfold Morey into doing that trade, so yes.

Hopefully, we can get WB value up so high before the playoffs that this could actually be considered. THT included and a pick will most likely be required.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7129, 7130, 7131 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7130 of 8560
Jump to: