OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7296, 7297, 7298 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:18 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If WB opts out, will the Lakers be able to re-sign Stan and Monk and sign WB to a smaller deal?

If WB opts out, you say bye (bleep) and run.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:01 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
Reaves and Johnson are playoffs rotation pieces, end of story

Bradley still can be, but off the bench. Ariza I'd be moving to 3rd string at this point

I agree with Ariza, and pretty much everything you said, but I don't mind AB starting. I mean at 1 point I wanted Reaves to start in his place, but I don't mind Reaves not starting because I feel with Russ and Bron, it would take away from how effective he can be. Really with Russ to be honest because he is gonna be the main ball handler, then Bron. I would want Reaves to start if we had a player like Ben Simmons opposed to Russ. Though we have Russ and Reaves needs to a main ball handler, which leads me to my next point. I think Reaves is being severely underused and undervalued. He is essentially being used as a hustle player, when he has a lot in his arsenal. He can shoot, pass, attack, and play defense. He has both hands, is fundamentally sound, and has great IQ, he should be used as the point for the 2nd unit, not THT. THT is quick, but he is very limited. He is good at creating for his self, has size, fast, but not good at creating for others, can't shoot, not that good of a passer, tunnel vision, and only has 1 hand. That is not a recipe for a point. He thinks he's better than he is, I like the confident, but he's not as good as he thinks, and that becomes a problem for the team when he tries to do too much or more than he is capable of.

Vogel needs to unleash Reaves; make him the main ball handler for the 2nd unit. The thing is, he isn't gonna not get his team involved, that is just the type of player he is. He makes the right play and doesn't try and force anything. It gets me irritated watching Vogel misuse and undervalue a player like Reaves. It's like he feels just playing him is enough. No, he shouldn't be resorted to just a hustle player when he is more. He brought the team back when they were down vs the grizzlies, fast too. In that moment, he was unlocked and got the green light.

I like Monk coming off the bench. Who I would wanna replace in the starting line up, is Ariza. He has shown not to provide much for us thus far. Now that could change, but right now, he hasn't. I feel Stanley Johnson has provided way more than him since has gotten here, but he was regulated to the bench. It seems the better you do, you get benched, if you are not Russ, Bron, AD. Vogel has this weird fetish with putting really good players on the bench to matchup with opposing teams 2nd unit.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
If WB opts out, will the Lakers be able to re-sign Stan and Monk and sign WB to a smaller deal?

WB has $47m guaranteed and prob can get an MLE for 1-2 years after that so if he opts out, he's getting a min of $75m/3yr from us
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

WB has $47m guaranteed and prob can get an MLE for 1-2 years after that so if he opts out, he's getting a min of $75m/3yr from us

I agree with you....but would you be tempted if your the FO to not resign Russ if he opted out?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:50 am    Post subject:

AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

I still think the rotation should look like that once we get healthy. Unfortunately, I don't see a deal for Westbrook out there unless a team like Orlando wants to move guys like Harris and Ross. Even the desperate Knicks moving bad deals like Kemba, Fournier and Burks (fair contract) seems like a total pipe dream..

Instead, be ballsy, move Russ to the 2nd unit where he will thrive and out pieces around LeBron and AD in the starting 5 that fit. From there, canvas the league for what THT can fetch. Grant feels highly unlikely but maybe someone else can be had.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:58 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I agree with you....but would you be tempted if your the FO to not resign Russ if he opted out?

breaking a verbal agreement? dunno, don't think Lakers as org done that to a player before
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:09 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

I still think the rotation should look like that once we get healthy. Unfortunately, I don't see a deal for Westbrook out there unless a team like Orlando wants to move guys like Harris and Ross. Even the desperate Knicks moving bad deals like Kemba, Fournier and Burks (fair contract) seems like a total pipe dream..

Instead, be ballsy, move Russ to the 2nd unit where he will thrive and out pieces around LeBron and AD in the starting 5 that fit. From there, canvas the league for what THT can fetch. Grant feels highly unlikely but maybe someone else can be had.

Nunn hasn’t played a single regular season minute and I think his days are numbered on this roster
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:10 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

There’s a better chance Buss family selling the team than Russ opting out.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:11 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

Nunn hasn’t played a single regular season minute and I think his days are numbered on this roster

It's crazy to think about the fact this guy hasn't played a minute this season. Wow, that is some type of bone bruise or whatever he had.

He could fit in nicely for all we know but the dude can't even get on the court.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
governator wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

If we promised to give him a new contract if he opted out, then we've gotta keep our words. I would give WB a 3 yr/$60M contract. His contribution is not terrible for a $20M/yr player...I think. We get to keep Stan and Monk, two under 30 players that was missed from our championship team like AC and KCP.

Get rid of all the over 30 players except Lebron. DJ, Melo and Ariza...what the heck were our FO thinking? Only young players have the energy and stamina to play defense while still contributing on offense. These oldies can't keep up the defensive intensity for long. Even Lebron doesn't play defense a lot of times but we let it go since he expends a lot of energy and contribute a lot on offense.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Then we are left with? 38 year old Lebron. 29 year old Anthony. 22 year old Talen. Kendrick who hasn't played for us yet. Reaves. The "mercenaries" will likely join different teams. Kent and Avery are players that Golden St. cut. It just blows my mind with the Russell hate on this board. He gives us the best chance to win, and we don't have a draft pick for the next several drafts to justify tanking. Just embrace the guy already.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:32 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

It's crazy to think about the fact this guy hasn't played a minute this season. Wow, that is some type of bone bruise or whatever he had.

He could fit in nicely for all we know but the dude can't even get on the court.

your local clinic aka Lakers' medical staff doing work
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

Just saw the updated news on Nunn. Looks we'll be getting Nunn out of him this season.

And to think had Jeanie just opened her wallet a bid wider, we could have had Caruso instead with the mMLE going to a major need like a big wing a la Otto Porter Jr.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:03 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

Just saw the updated news on Nunn. Looks we'll be getting Nunn out of him this season.

And to think had Jeanie just opened her wallet a bid wider, we could have had Caruso instead with the mMLE going to a major need like a big wing a la Otto Porter Jr.

Caruso was ready to give lakers discount and I think we could have signed him for 30/4.

For 2mil/yr they screwed it up
LeBronsPregameChalk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:14 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

Caruso was ready to give lakers discount and I think we could have signed him for 30/4.

Dude, there's no way Caruso was turning down $40M from the Bulls to take $30M from the Lakers. He said he asked the Lakers to match the Chicago offer, and when they refused, he said he'd accept a "little less". Caruso will probably get one big contract in his career, a "little less" was probably like $38M.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:20 am    Post subject:

LeBronsPregameChalk wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

Dude, there's no way Caruso was turning down $40M from the Bulls to take $30M from the Lakers. He said he asked the Lakers to match the Chicago offer, and when they refused, he said he'd accept a "little less". Caruso will probably get one big contract in his career, a "little less" was probably like $38M.

The Nunn injury is the big killer. The Lakers thought they were replacing AC with a 15 ppg spark plug, but Nunn hasn't set foot on the court.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:26 am    Post subject:

Agree with all really bummed Nunn couldn't make it on the court and it doesn't sound like it will be happening any time soon...going into the season it seemed he was primed to be a key rotation player
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

1st it was 37/4m
Second we didn’t even negotiate with him, so just said no thanks
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:34 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Simmons
@BillSimmons

Vogel maybe being the fall guy for…
—The idiotic Westbrook trade
—Davis putting on too much muscle then getting hurt
—THT over Caruso
—Thinking DJ + Ariza could help
—Prioritizing shooting over perimeter D in free agency
—Rigid cap, no trade flexibility at all

I mean… come on
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
2019 wrote:
AD, Dwight
LeBron, Melo, Ariza
Johnson, Reaves
Monk, Bradley, THT
Nunn, Westbrook

The Nunn injury is the big killer. The Lakers thought they were replacing AC with a 15 ppg spark plug, but Nunn hasn't set foot on the court.

Even if that's true, it still was not a good trade off defensively because Nunn is almost a half of a foot shorter than Caruso. I'd rather sic AC on any opposing guard (and some SFs) than KN.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
Indiana Pacers forward Myles Turner suffered a stress reaction in his left foot and will be re-examined in two weeks, the team says.

Basketball gods hate us
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes
Indiana Pacers forward Myles Turner suffered a stress reaction in his left foot and will be re-examined in two weeks, the team says.

Basketball gods hate us

The domino effect for us is if MT was going to a competitor, that would've been one less suitor for Grant.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Basketball gods hate us

Or they love us and saved us from wasting more assets on a big.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:

1st it was 37/4m
Second we didn’t even negotiate with him, so just said no thanks

Plus the last year is only partially guaranteed.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Chris Haynes
@ChrisBHaynes

Basketball gods hate us

Or they love us and saved us from wasting more assets on a big.

Right, I'm not a huge fan of that trade but there are market implications for our more desired targets
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7296, 7297, 7298 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7297 of 8560
Jump to: