OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7334, 7335, 7336 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crackadon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Who's the closest 2022 comp to a 2008-09 Mo Williams?

Hmm ... Darius Garland?

Van Vleet.

Van Fleet in some ways, but the difference is Mo Williams was 6'5" and VF is 6'1"

He was that tall?

Plus, Mo had 6 fingers!

Mo Williams was 6’1” in his playing days. Not sure where 6’5” came from.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Hmm ... Darius Garland?

Van Vleet.

Van Fleet in some ways, but the difference is Mo Williams was 6'5" and VF is 6'1"

He was that tall?

Plus, Mo had 6 fingers!

Actually he was 6'1". I was thinking of someone else for a moment
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Double post…

Last edited by cital on Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:05 pm    Post subject:

How about Wall and Gordon for Westbrook and THT and two 2nd round picks?

Houston saves almost 9 million in the deal and gets a younger player with some potential to go with their rebuild

We get Wall who can’t be any worse of a fit than WB has been, and Gordon can hit the 3 and we still have our 1st and we still have Nunn as well

Plus Gordon also just has next season left on his contract plus a team option after that
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:22 pm    Post subject:

No. Wall is washed.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:24 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
No. Wall is washed.

cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:26 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
No. Wall is washed.

We aren’t going to win anything with WB on the roster, never how how Wall could fit on this team.
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
legend825 wrote:
No. Wall is washed.

We aren’t going to win anything with WB on the roster, never how how Wall could fit on this team.

He shoots as bad as Westbrook before the Achilles injury. I don't want to find out, atleast Westbrook can rebound and drive.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Wall and Westbrook are almost the same player with the same salary and that move wouldn't make sense for the Lakers. Wall maybe a slightly better shooter, but he hasn't played all season.

I think we're stuck with Russ until the end of the Year, however I do think the Lakers will make a small move to free up roster space and keep a spot opened for the waiver wire...

I look for Jordan, Doumbouya and Bazemore to make the basis of a 3 for 1 type deal to land us a bench player from another team to clear some cap space...
It will probably be a bottom feeder team like Orlando, but that's about all!
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Harrison Barnes seems like the guy we are going to get.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
rock0100 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

Hmm ... Darius Garland?

Van Vleet.

He was that tall?

Plus, Mo had 6 fingers!

Actually he was 6'1". I was thinking of someone else for a moment

But he did have 6 fingers!!
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

I don't know how it seems like that but I'll take it.
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:21 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

I don't know how it seems like that but I'll take it.

Sacramento is imploding, barnes is on an expiring deal, and lakers need a forward. I see them shipping out THT for him after they realize they can’t get Grant.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Harrison had 29/6 against the Bucks, definitely trying to audition for potential contenders who will show interest in him.
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject:

wouldn't mind either jalen smith or damian jones, both made expendable by biyombo and bagley respectively...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

Harrison Barnes is almost 30 !! Why throw away young talent for old dudes?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:34 am    Post subject:

What is the difference between Talen Horton Tucker and Jordan Poole? The only thing I can think of is "three point shot," that seems to be it. They are both young, 21 and 22 respectively, both inconsistent, 20 points one night and 2 points the next, etc. It didn't take long for Lonzo Ball to develop his three point shot in New Orleans. Lonzo looked automatic against us. I don't know why some of you are so eager to give up on Talen when there is no guarantee they can keep Malik.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:28 am    Post subject:

Let's be real. Does Jerami Grant or Myles Turner even move the needle?

Some of you act as if this team is one piece away from being the best team in the Western Conference. I don't see that at all. Ignore the fact that both are currently injured. Let's say they land Jerami Grant at the trade deadline, what is to stop Frank Vogel playing this highly coveted defensive wing as a small ball center? Jerami Grant wants to be featured and paid as a franchise player. You guys want Jerami Grant as the No. 1 option on a team with Lebron James and Anthony Davis? Lebron wants the scoring title. He isn't about to defer to Jerami Grant.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I'd hate to see us give up THT and then in another year he actually becomes a legit. NBA guard, and actually earns some of that $9 million cheddar he is getting this year, money for nothin...

But if Lebron is kind of souring on THT, and Monk is the new guy, trading THT might be sort of a signal to Monk that we want him long term and will work the money out as soon as we can.

If THT gets you someone who can A. shoot outside the paint B. Help you win now, then we pull the trigger on trading him. That to me is the criteria for trading him; just trading him to see if it will keep the coach or front office employed - I'd rather see us just lose in that case.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:37 am    Post subject:

Grant as a starting 3 that can slide to 4 is a big weapon added to the team, I just hate the salary structure it means post-trade if it happens. If it's being leaked, it means probably this won't happen. Some team will come in and offer more first round picks, maybe. Detroit is in full re-build mode, and THT fits that to a T though. Even age wise, he's more in line with their recent draft lottery pick. It makes a lot of sense for Detroit to make a deal like this.

For us AD/Bron/Grant gives us a ton of defense versatility and size. The entire situation where you have elite wings who can go off on you easily is less prone. You add Stanley, Ariza and Melo off the bench, you don't need to play any lineups with a big like Howard who can't space the floor for Westbrook/Lebron. Not only does your offense likely get a bit better, your defense improves as does your rebounding with that bigger lineups.

When you look at the 2 guard position, we're solid with Bradley defensively and Monk off the bench can get hot. Reaves would help out as well. THT is more a luxury at this point than a core player we can rely on.

It's a good move for the next 1 year, but man I hate it financially. I also don't like giving up on THT at 21 but any move that improves the roster in the immediate term has to include THT. The real reason I'm a little meh on this move is Stanley could start and do exactly what we want from Grant and Ariza/Melo give us size as well. This is a move that would have helped a ton if you didn't have AD. We're getting AD back and Stanley has been busting his tail off. The real issue I have is the money. You're looking into next year at 150+M in just 4 players. And are these 4 players enough to win it all? With vet mins around them?

I honestly think the more and more I think about it, I hope this one doesn't happen. Sort of like the Westbrook trade, when I first heard about it, hope it didn't happen. The financial impact of this is not good nor is current chemistry with the big 3 good. Adding more high usage players that want to create and make plays is not the best thing. What we need is to move Westbrook's toxic contract. Not add even more big contracts around it. I like Grant's 2-way ability around AD/Bron, but I hate his nearly 20M salary around WB's 47M next to AD/Bron. It severely restricts us in a building a full team next year.

Thinking about the offseason, I think I rather have situation A

A (Around AD/Bron):

WB's 47M expiring contract
THT 10M (potential expiring or 2 year) with full bird rights
Nunn (opts in likely to his MMLE) at near 6M with early bird rights
Monk (potential to re-sigm him using 2 year MMLE or MLE)
2027 pick
Stanley (I am crossing my fingers they give him a 2 year vet min deal)
Reaves

B (Around AD/Bron)

WB's 47 M expiring contract
Grant 20M (Potential expiring full bird rights FA looking for a max deal)
Reaves

I think we're even more depleted making this move. I would pass. I would keep working with AD and Stanley on their shot mechanics from the 3 point land. It's much more easier to make AD/Stanley 34% three point shooters than it would be to get back the assets you lose in this Grant trade. But I totally get the temptation. It feels this is grapsing by Pelinka, more than it is sound thinking. We're not winning the title just by adding Grant to a team that has no chemistry established around it's big 3. It's one thing if Grant puts you over the top (Suns/Warriors/Bucks/Nets etc). I don't think so. The season is what it is, and the only way we sniff a playoff run is by some miracle the big 3 gains some team chemistry these last few months. It would require AD, Bron, WB all to stay healthy and dedicated for the rest of the season. With or without Grant, this is the case. I think we're much more likely to gain big 3 chemistry with low usage players like Stanley and Bradley around them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

cital wrote:
legend825 wrote:
No. Wall is washed.

Unlikely they “win anything” with Wall. The man is a worse option the WB.

At this point, the Lakers need to get Westbrook involved in a way that helps the team every night. They have Davis returning and hopefully that will help in limiting Westbrook’s boneheaded plays by not relying on him as much.

This is the Laker team, make it work win or lose.

Trading Westbrook at this point is a bad move. Especially for Wall and some other equally bad trades mentioned. There is no reason to throw good money after bad.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

If AD come back today they have 10 games to figure out things. If not major changes will be coming set deadline
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the trade I would make is Avery Bradley for a draft pick.

Milwaukee might have interest given the Grayson Allen flagrant foul (and the media backlash).

I look forward to Kendrick Nunn's return in a few weeks and Avery Bradley being buried on the bench. His trade value will never be higher.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:05 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but the trade I would make is Avery Bradley for a draft pick.

Milwaukee might have interest given the Grayson Allen flagrant foul (and the media backlash).

I look forward to Kendrick Nunn's return in a few weeks and Avery Bradley being buried on the bench. His trade value will never be higher.

Or Chicago.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:13 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Why throw away young talent for old dudes?

Come on, man. Have you not been paying attention for the last three or four years?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7334, 7335, 7336 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7335 of 8560
Jump to: