OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7345, 7346, 7347 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams saying it’s unlikely the Lakers do something at the trade deadline

Very difficult. And I think the rest of the league is happy we are off the
map, why help us get back on track? Yep, very difficult to find a willing
partner that actually has something we need.

Do you think that any team ever makes a trade to help another team? I suppose there could have been an exception somewhere along the line, but I can't think of one. Teams act in their own self-interest. When I see people say that no other team wants to help us because we're the Lakers, I think that it would be more accurate just to say that no other team wants to help us, full stop.

Just my O, so for whatever it's worth....
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Report: No team is biting on Lakers’ offer of Talen Horton-Tucker, Kendrick Nunn and 2027 first-round pick

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-no-team-biting-lakers-211019232.html

lol

I don't think any team is trying to help the Lakers; especially when Rob has not built any relationships around the league. Organizations can't stand the Lakers. Also, they see the Lakers FO overhauling talent and picks to teams. The Lakers have little assets because of poor asset management. This part of it wasn't in the FO plans, when they were mishandling assets. Now they wanna improve and it is hard to do so. I remember Mitch gave up a lot for Steve Nash and learned from it. Talked about the value of picks and assets. Rob did it once, didn't learn, did it again, and then did it again. He is trigger happy. Now he doesn't really have bullets in the chamber.

If he doesn’t dump one of our old vets at the trade deadline, then not signing Johnson is the only way to be a player when players are waived. That is something we have seen Pelinka use as a strategy, pick up waived players for cheap.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
deal wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Shams saying it’s unlikely the Lakers do something at the trade deadline

Very difficult. And I think the rest of the league is happy we are off the
map, why help us get back on track? Yep, very difficult to find a willing
partner that actually has something we need.

Do you think that any team ever makes a trade to help another team? I suppose there could have been an exception somewhere along the line, but I can't think of one. Teams act in their own self-interest. When I see people say that no other team wants to help us because we're the Lakers, I think that it would be more accurate just to say that no other team wants to help us, full stop.

Shaq Trade

You think we traded Shaq because we wanted to help out Miami?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:16 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
AD23 wrote:
https://twitter.com/WHYNDT/status/1484627126871486471?s=20

Imagine Wall hitting those jumpers lol

Jesus, people think this is the upgrade????? Adding that 2027 FRP?

It’s a blessing in disguise for the Lakers that they don’t have takers. League saves the Lakers again with the spite and petty.

But with Klutch in charge, I’m always nervous. They don’t give a (bleep) about something when they are gone…
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Btw, I think it’s very good that all of the media doesn’t have any clue what the Lakers FO is up to they keep repeating the same recycle every time.. Lakers want Grant.. Lakers want Turner.. everyone is in the dark in regards to the Lakers plans..

it's funny how you spend all day alternately reporting what you read in the media about the Lakers and then telling us the media doesn't know anything about the lakers.

I think you sometimes forget whether you are logging into your inspector account or your logical account.

LOL
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Swagron12 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If the team decides to go bold and puts Reaves/Monk/Davis on the market then we are in a whole new ball park, I’m not advocating trading AD but if the team can’t get it together by the trade deadline with him in the starting line up I wouldn’t be mad if there was a fire sale

It's going to happen. But if it did, somehow, would you want this front office conducting the fire sale?

You mean, it’s NOT going to happen. There will be no fire sale and it will be a quiet deadline. All these scenarios are just silly talk.

Right. I went back and corrected it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
REPORT: The 76ers have asked the Kings for Tyrese Haliburton and multiple 1st-round picks in a trade package for Ben Simmons. (via The Athletic)

in case not posted

They've blown all other opportunities.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Pincus: “I’ve actually heard Lakers have passed on Jerami Grant. He doesn’t want to play a tertiary role behind Bron/AD. Lakers would also have to invest big money (extension) in him”

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:32 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Pincus: “I’ve actually heard Lakers have passed on Jerami Grant. He doesn’t want to play a tertiary role behind Bron/AD. Lakers would also have to invest big money (extension) in him”

He’s just basing that report off of Jake Fischer’s article I think I could be wrong though
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

could be posturing as well, maybe the lakers are trying to not bid against themselves...would be great if they kept the 1st or at least got a 2nd back...
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

He’s just basing that report off of Jake Fischer’s article I think I could be wrong though

What do your sources say?
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
Report: No team is biting on Lakers’ offer of Talen Horton-Tucker, Kendrick Nunn and 2027 first-round pick

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-no-team-biting-lakers-211019232.html

lol

I don't think any team is trying to help the Lakers; especially when Rob has not built any relationships around the league. Organizations can't stand the Lakers. Also, they see the Lakers FO overhauling talent and picks to teams. The Lakers have little assets because of poor asset management. This part of it wasn't in the FO plans, when they were mishandling assets. Now they wanna improve and it is hard to do so. I remember Mitch gave up a lot for Steve Nash and learned from it. Talked about the value of picks and assets. Rob did it once, didn't learn, did it again, and then did it again. He is trigger happy. Now he doesn't really have bullets in the chamber.

If he doesn’t dump one of our old vets at the trade deadline, then not signing Johnson is the only way to be a player when players are waived. That is something we have seen Pelinka use as a strategy, pick up waived players for cheap.

Free agency is his strong suit and trade is his weak area. Though, it seems Rob be selling the players playing time and it overall affects the Lakers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

dino wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

could be posturing as well, maybe the lakers are trying to not bid against themselves...would be great if they kept the 1st or at least got a 2nd back...

Grant wants an extension guaranteed. He plays the positions that LeBron and AD already start at that he isn't better than them at. It's easy to see why he'd not want to play here.

If they are putting together a THT/Nunn/1st package, go get Myles Turner please. But hope they just take Nunn/1st
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
dino wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Grant wants an extension guaranteed. He plays the positions that LeBron and AD already start at that he isn't better than them at. It's easy to see why he'd not want to play here.

If they are putting together a THT/Nunn/1st package, go get Myles Turner please. But hope they just take Nunn/1st

Yeah let’s get a guy who is injured and we don’t know when he is coming back
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Can’t wait for the trade deadline to pass.

I’m pretty settled on this being our team. Once the deadline passes we can stop with the crazy trade scenarios.

West is still pretty open.

Suns are the best team.

Golden state is scary but have looked shakey lately without Draymond.
As good as Steph is..the warriors lack another guy that create his own shot.

Let’s just hope Frank gets his ish together.

AD becomes all world again.

Monk, THT, reaves, and Stanley need to step up.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
MJST wrote:
dino wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yeah let’s get a guy who is injured and we don’t know when he is coming back

Evaluated in 2 weeks and should be fine.

And you get a defensive center that can stretch the floor.

Also Grant was injured, didn't stop people from screaming about him
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Wouldn't even be tertiary. If would the 4th option with Lebron, AD, Westbrook all feasting before him. Dude would be a spot up shooter in Vogel's offensive scheme. Can't blame him at all. He'd go Kuz on us and lose all motivation to play.

And I thought he was perfect in Denver. They would be contending right now if he stayed.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

This suggests the Pistons offered and Lakers said no, that's not what I communicated

https://twitter.com/EricPincus/status/1485826625631444995?t=voltdOjHg3B44YeWEmgfkA&s=19

Eric clarified

On my phone so quote block is off
BEazy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I think if THT is still on the Lakers he calms down and starts to show his potential. Being 21 in the NBA and in constant trade rumors has got to kill his confidence.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

Limited sellers this season. Teams looking to move players are milking things for all it's worth, Simmons, Grant (injured), Turner (injured) for example.

Team haven't been jumping at the Laker offers (which have limited appeal with players like THT and Nunn, who is also injured). But the primary issue there is that LA is looking to upgrade talent in moving those players.

Last edited by Laker's Fan on Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
I think if THT is still on the Lakers he calms down and starts to show his potential. Being 21 in the NBA and in constant trade rumors has got to kill his confidence.

Yeah I think he pops off in the second half of the season.

Him and Monk will be key.
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Halflife wrote:
REPORT: The 76ers have asked the Kings for Tyrese Haliburton and multiple 1st-round picks in a trade package for Ben Simmons. (via The Athletic)

in case not posted

They've blown all other opportunities.

Amazing! 76ers want Haliburton, who is playing like a top 3 pick along with 2 more lottery picks from the Kings?????

If Sacramento does this, they are dumber than they look.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:

Didn’t the trade rumors ruin Gasol’s confidence when he was a Laker?
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:

Didn’t the trade rumors ruin Gasol’s confidence when he was a Laker?

Gasol's issues ran much deeper on a personal level. The vetoed trade for sure didn't help.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

I thought Eric was well connected enough to find his own intel and not lift it from others.
This also jives with what we know about Grant anyway, and the Lakers frugalness.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7345, 7346, 7347 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7346 of 8560
Jump to: