OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7874, 7875, 7876 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
“I promise you that Daryl Morey has big, giant plans to acquire another star,” Windhorst said. “Whether he’s going to execute it, I don’t know.”

Windhorst didn’t get into specifics, but this is the NBA. Stars (or close to star-level players) become available all the time. Especially in the offseason.

“You would need a player, potentially near the end of his contract, to come and say, ‘I would like to go play in Philadelphia,'” Windhorst said. “Is that something that could happen? Maybe, we’ll see. I know that Philly, and Daryl, are going to try to make it happen.”

Daryl, you know Westbrook is a star!

Would you guys keep Westbrook's expiring or take Tobias for $37M+ for 2 years? (Ignore the pick package that's probably required for now)

Beal/tht to Philly
T Harris/maxey to Lakers
Westbrook to wizards

How are the Wizards gonna be intrigued with that proposal?
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
“I promise you that Daryl Morey has big, giant plans to acquire another star,” Windhorst said. “Whether he’s going to execute it, I don’t know.”

Windhorst didn’t get into specifics, but this is the NBA. Stars (or close to star-level players) become available all the time. Especially in the offseason.

“You would need a player, potentially near the end of his contract, to come and say, ‘I would like to go play in Philadelphia,'” Windhorst said. “Is that something that could happen? Maybe, we’ll see. I know that Philly, and Daryl, are going to try to make it happen.”

Would you guys keep Westbrook's expiring or take Tobias for $37M+ for 2 years? (Ignore the pick package that's probably required for now)

Beal/tht to Philly
T Harris/maxey to Lakers
Westbrook to wizards

I'd rather have Maxey than Beal, the entire concept of the trade is absurd... you might as well propose Doncic for Russ, because it's at that level of delusion.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Beal/tht to Philly
T Harris/maxey to Lakers
Westbrook to wizards

I'd rather have Maxey than Beal, the entire concept of the trade is absurd... you might as well propose Doncic for Russ, because it's at that level of delusion.

Delusion is begging for us to rebuild when the franchise is trying to win another title. Will they be able to win one? Not sure

Was the trade crazy one sided, sure but it was atleast in sync with what the Lakers are trying to do
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Beal/tht to Philly
T Harris/maxey to Lakers
Westbrook to wizards

Delusion is begging for us to rebuild when the franchise is trying to win another title. Will they be able to win one? Not sure

Was the trade crazy one sided, sure but it was atleast in sync with what the Lakers are trying to do

I've said here that I'm at peace if we run it back with those three one more time. I even think with some luck we could be a dark horse contender.

What I absolutely don't want is extensions for LBJ or Russ.

I know you say it's a done deal for LBJ... but I really hope you are wrong.

I think even though what LBJ has accomplished as a player the last few years is amazing... it's just a matter of time before he can no longer play at this level.

So, sure... one year... I can see the logic in that... but if there's extensions and a farewell tour like we gave Kobe... I'll consider that a waste of two or three years that we could use to rebuild instead.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Beal/tht to Philly
T Harris/maxey to Lakers
Westbrook to wizards

I've said here that I'm at peace if we run it back with those three one more time. I even think with some luck we could be a dark horse contender.

What I absolutely don't want is extensions for LBJ or Russ.

I know you say it's a done deal for LBJ... but I really hope you are wrong.

I think even though what LBJ has accomplished as a player the last few years is amazing... it's just a matter of time before he can no longer play at this level.

So, sure... one year... I can see the logic in that... but if there's extensions and a farewell tour like we gave Kobe... I'll consider that a waste of two or three years that we could use to rebuild instead.

The people even wanna get Rid of LeBron James is insane just absolutely insane
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Japago wrote:
The Warriors stayed the path and didn't make any panic moves when things looked rough after the finals against the Raptors. Klay had back-to-back devasting injuries, Steph and Dray were both injury plagued before this playoff run. They had awful results, but didn't do anything stupid like trade the entire team in an attempt to get a 3rd star.

No, they spent $170M in luxury tax alone. Let's stop acting like the Warriors are super geniuses.

Seriously. The two best things that happened to the Warriors were Curry's glass ankles early in his career and picking Draymond in the 2nd round (love him out of MSU and was hoping the Lakers would gamble on him).

And the tv deal cap jump that let them sign KD
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Let’s not be surprised by the Warriors consistent success their willing to go over the luxury tax if it puts together a winning roster something this Lakers FO is redundant to do, even if they lose some of their depth next season as reported their still gonna be fortunate enough to add other valuable pieces because of their willingness to spend.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 10:44 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Japago wrote:
The Warriors stayed the path and didn't make any panic moves when things looked rough after the finals against the Raptors. Klay had back-to-back devasting injuries, Steph and Dray were both injury plagued before this playoff run. They had awful results, but didn't do anything stupid like trade the entire team in an attempt to get a 3rd star.

No, they spent $170M in luxury tax alone. Let's stop acting like the Warriors are super geniuses.

Seriously. The two best things that happened to the Warriors were Curry's glass ankles early in his career and picking Draymond in the 2nd round (love him out of MSU and was hoping the Lakers would gamble on him).

Curry’s early injury woes did indeed offer them an early advantage, but outside of that they’ve been consistently hitting home runs and slapping hits into the gap. They’ve kept all their core guys while continuing to stock the shelves. They convinced Durant to join them and when he left used it to get Russell who they then flipped for Wiggins AND a lottery pick. Their only high profile gaffe in recent memory appears to be Wiseman but it’s probably a bit premature to write him off completely. They’ve got an elite front office and an owner willing to pick up the tab. Exactly what we should have but don’t.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject:

The warriors hit on Steph. That was the big move.
No one thought Steph would be a game changer when he first entered the league.

Unfortunately, the Lakers didn't draft a generational talent during the tanking years. But they still ended up with Lebron and AD. Which I think is still a great duo. So many folks down on the Lakers, understandably so. But man, it's not as bad as most are making it out to be.

But if the Lakers are not healthy again and dont make the playoffs, I might join the doom and groomers haha
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 12:20 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Not only that but they had him on a very cap friendly contract the first time they had to extend them due to concerns about his ankles. Think it was 4 years $43mish. In the two years that he was MVP he made $10.6m and $11.4m. That gave them the cap flexibility to sign Kevin Durant to a team that already had Steph, Klay, and Draymond.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:27 am    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:

The reality is

• They are a play-in/lottery team

• They have gone "all-in"

Russell (Kyle, #22)
    Anthony (Brandon, Lonzo, Josh, #4)

• They have no draft picks

• They have no young talent

The current outlook is bleak

• Boston gets #18?

• Steph gets #4, ties Lebron?

Personally, I would only trade Lebron for Giannis, but the rumors have been Deandre Ayton (Phoenix) and Ben Simmons (Brooklyn).

I don't like Ben Simmons.

Lebron could force a trade to Brooklyn. Shaquille trade all over again. I never liked Lamar Odom. Ben Simmons is another Lamar Odom. This off-season won't be fun.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:09 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

The reality is

Russell (Kyle, #22)

• Boston gets #18?

Personally, I would only trade Lebron for Giannis, but the rumors have been Deandre Ayton (Phoenix) and Ben Simmons (Brooklyn).

Lebron could force a trade to Brooklyn. Shaquille trade all over again. I never liked Lamar Odom. Ben Simmons is another Lamar Odom. This off-season won't be fun.

Yeah things looking pretty rough. I'd be interested to see how desperate the Nets would be to go "all in" to pair LBJ with Durant and 1/2 Kyrie. They got the extra picks in the trade, maybe they deal 2 or 3 1sts with Ben in hopes they can get LBJ to stay. I don't like it either but they may give the best value and be a spot he wants to go.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

The reality is

Russell (Kyle, #22)

• Boston gets #18?

Rumors from random twitter posters or public fan forums? U taking those seriously? 😂
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject:

The "reality" is not actually all that true.

They need to correct the Russ trade first and foremost. It wasn't just Kyle/22nd pick, but also KCP an instrumental starting SG for the 2020 championship team. Trezz's deal or even him off the bench was also somewhat of an important regular season piece too.

Maybe they're a first round team, but if we can get AD/LBJ healthy into the playoffs, anything can happen.

They do have draft picks. They will have 2 draft picks in 2023, 24, and 25. Then they have 26-29 on the books for now.

If anyone thinks Jeanie will trade LBJ before he breaks KAJ's scoring record, y'all don't understand how the Lakers operate.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

THT for kcp straight up, benefits both teams
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 5:50 am    Post subject:

Kentavious and Montrezl were Klutch
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

They need to correct the Russ trade first and foremost. It wasn't just Kyle/22nd pick, but also KCP an instrumental starting SG for the 2020 championship team. Trezz's deal or even him off the bench was also somewhat of an important regular season piece too.

Maybe they're a first round team, but if we can get AD/LBJ healthy into the playoffs, anything can happen.

They do have draft picks. They will have 2 draft picks in 2023, 24, and 25. Then they have 26-29 on the books for now.

If anyone thinks Jeanie will trade LBJ before he breaks KAJ's scoring record, y'all don't understand how the Lakers operate.

We are screwed if we have to put "if healthy" disclaimer for a 28 year old guy who had barely played half season’s last 2 years

Yikes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

We are screwed if we have to put "if healthy" disclaimer for a 28 year old guy who had barely played half season’s last 2 years

Yikes

But that applies to a lot of teams though. As you've seen, health is huge in the playoffs. If Middleton was playing, it'd be Heat v. Bucks right now. Ja has actually missed the same amount of regular season games as LBJ this year, but he has better supporting talent around him.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

That's true, but remember that there is a swap option in '23. So if either the '23 or the '24 pick turns out to be good, the Pelicans will snap it up.

Ming is basically laying out the worst-case scenario. My concern has been that we will keep making moves that put us into the long-term hell that is the play-in slots. In other words, not good enough to contend, but not bad enough to get good draft picks. We would keep looking for quick fixes, but not have a viable plan to build a contender.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:24 am    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
THT for kcp straight up, benefits both teams

I don't know why, but I still have high hopes for THT. 🫤
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:27 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's true, but remember that there is a swap option in '23. So if either the '23 or the '24 pick turns out to be good, the Pelicans will snap it up.

Ming is basically laying out the worst-case scenario. My concern has been that we will keep making moves that put us into the long-term hell that is the play-in slots. In other words, not good enough to contend, but not bad enough to get good draft picks. We would keep looking for quick fixes, but not have a viable plan to build a contender.

I think we've followed the Lakers long enough, and especially in Jeanie's tenure, that they will likely use the star FA route rather than a prolonged and painful rebuild via draft. I don't think Jeanie had the stomach for that again and IMO she probably hated the 6-7 years we missed the playoffs. If you're craving an organic, draft oriented rebuild, the Lakers may not be the team for you. I don't see them doing that and pursuing a star FA means we will often have to overpay (either trade or via FA), and get a player who is already 28 or so years old after their rookie deal and first extension are over. Not an ideal long term strategy but it is what it is.

Lakers were really blessed to have had Kobe for all these years in the 2000s to paper the usually failed star FA plans from the mid-2000s up to LBJ.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I think we've followed the Lakers long enough, and especially in Jeanie's tenure, that they will likely use the star FA route rather than a prolonged and painful rebuild via draft. I don't think Jeanie had the stomach for that again and IMO she probably hated the 6-7 years we missed the playoffs. If you're craving an organic, draft oriented rebuild, the Lakers may not be the team for you. I don't see them doing that and pursuing a star FA means we will often have to overpay (either trade or via FA), and get a player who is already 28 or so years old after their rookie deal and first extension are over. Not an ideal long term strategy but it is what it is.

Lakers were really blessed to have had Kobe for all these years in the 2000s to paper the usually failed star FA plans from the mid-2000s up to LBJ.

That's what I expect, yes. I'll spare you the broken record about the 2007 and 2008 plans. I don't think we've learned the lesson. It's always possible that someone like Doncic will turn down a massive extension to come to LA. It's more likely that we'll be chasing someone who isn't at that level. I hope that I'm wrong.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:42 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Not only that but they had him on a very cap friendly contract the first time they had to extend them due to concerns about his ankles. Think it was 4 years $43mish. In the two years that he was MVP he made $10.6m and $11.4m. That gave them the cap flexibility to sign Kevin Durant to a team that already had Steph, Klay, and Draymond.

That and the cap spike.
Imagine if they would have still had Harrison Barnes instead.
Lebron might still be in Cleveland.
But yea, all started with hitting on Steph.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That's what I expect, yes. I'll spare you the broken record about the 2007 and 2008 plans. I don't think we've learned the lesson. It's always possible that someone like Doncic will turn down a massive extension to come to LA. It's more likely that we'll be chasing someone who isn't at that level. I hope that I'm wrong.

Not only the 2007-08, but basically 2014 until LBJ, all the top big names said no thanks to the Lakers.

I think they are waiting on Jokic to take his supermax deal b/f dealing Russ, in the small chance that Jokic hits FA in 2023. Once that is finished, I think they will look to finally move Russ, take on some deals that still go through 2022-23, and look at the 2024 market (KAT, Booker, Brown, Murray are the headliners...as you said, nothing transcendent there).
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 7:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

But that applies to a lot of teams though. As you've seen, health is huge in the playoffs. If Middleton was playing, it'd be Heat v. Bucks right now. Ja has actually missed the same amount of regular season games as LBJ this year, but he has better supporting talent around him.

Yin, you are a smart guy. you know the chances of an AD injury happening is 10times more then a guy like Middleton.

We have lived through it for past 3 years....Every game the dude falls down and we are hoping its not a season ending injury
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7874, 7875, 7876 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7875 of 8560
Jump to: