OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7889, 7890, 7891 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:06 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

The thing I do like about Myles tho is that it’s a great AD investment in that he’s still young and gives AD a defensive stretch 5 allowing dude to play at what he his preferable 4 spot.

Cons of Myles Turner

- Bottom 5 athlete, loses 70% jump balls
- Allergic to the post

Seems like another Andre Drummond, but they got Andre Drummond for FREE.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Fri May 27, 2022 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject:

Speaking of THT, can you guys imagine if we trade him for Lowry and we got this version of Lowry?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:16 am    Post subject:

Still love the idea of Russ for Gobert
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Speaking of THT, can you guys imagine if we trade him for Lowry and we got this version of Lowry?

i don't think it's fair to say Lowry has the exact same injury issues in LA as he does in Miami. In Miami, he had a much bigger role than i think he would have had in LA and they play a much more physical style and are renowned for their harder practices.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:28 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Due to his age, I feel THT could still be looked at as an asset.

Maybe, but his contract greatly exceeds his production. There could be a team that values him for his upside, despite the contract. Absolutely. For everyone else, though, he's just intriguing salary ballast in a trade.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

We all know their is no Gobert unless Davis is involved.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:36 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
epic_ wrote:

i don't think it's fair to say Lowry has the exact same injury issues in LA as he does in Miami. In Miami, he had a much bigger role than i think he would have had in LA and they play a much more physical style and are renowned for their harder practices.

Yea, you can never know how things will play out.
But in this scenario, can you picture if we had this version of Lowry?
I think a part of it is that I actually think THT at age 22 is going to be good.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:40 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Depends.

B/c the reported trade was what, Dennis/THT for Kyle?

That way, we keep KCP/Kuz/Trezz(?)/22nd pick, and maybe Caruso. No Russ. Lowry would have to do less on a LBJ team IMO.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

the dream is over

After pricy dinner out in Los Angeles, Antetokounmpo jokes “This city’s not for me”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pricy-dinner-los-angeles-antetokounmpo-160824070.html
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
the dream is over

After pricy dinner out in Los Angeles, Antetokounmpo jokes “This city’s not for me”

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/pricy-dinner-los-angeles-antetokounmpo-160824070.html

It's been over since he signed his contract
He's hilarious honestly. I love that he seems lowkey.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Depends.

B/c the reported trade was what, Dennis/THT for Kyle?

That way, we keep KCP/Kuz/Trezz(?)/22nd pick, and maybe Caruso. No Russ. Lowry would have to do less on a LBJ team IMO.

Who knows for sure?

Quote:
Multiple sources told The Athletic that the Lakers and Raptors discussed a trade that would have sent both members of Los Angeles’ starting backcourt, Dennis Schröder and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and likely some draft compensation to Toronto for Lowry. Throughout Thursday morning, sources said, the sticking point was the inclusion of Talen Horton-Tucker.

The same sources said that, Rob Pelinka, the Lakers’ vice president of basketball operations, insisted that price was too high for the 35-year-old Lowry, and that he was not willing to trade Horton-Tucker, the 20-year-old combo guard who has emerged as a valuable rotation player for the Lakers in his second season.

There's a mix of Dennis, KCP, picks and THT talk.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject:

Not sure if Lowry was system-made in that Raptors offense but he has looked awful for the Heat, I’m glad we didn’t make the trade in hand sight because we wouldn’t have gained anything and while THT has stank the bed their is still a chance his upside can end up letting us acquire a veteran difference maker.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
Due to his age, I feel THT could still be looked at as an asset.

Maybe, but his contract greatly exceeds his production. There could be a team that values him for his upside, despite the contract. Absolutely. For everyone else, though, he's just intriguing salary ballast in a trade.

It's unclear to me if THT has value around the league. Bloggers often say he's a desired commodity, but that generally feels like an opinion to justify a space-filling trade idea rather than their really knowing what GMs think.

He'll turn 22 next season, so he has potential. But he's not on a cheap contract and he's reaching a point that he has to start turning that potential into production for anyone to care.

He's only a year younger than guys in his draft class who are highly valued (Tyler Herro, Jordan Poole, RJ Barrett), so the "he's still young" justification for his lack of performance might run out of runway sooner than some fans expect.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:08 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:

The thing I do like about Myles tho is that it’s a great AD investment in that he’s still young and gives AD a defensive stretch 5 allowing dude to play at what he his preferable 4 spot.

Cons of Myles Turner

- Bottom 5 athlete, loses 70% jump balls
- Allergic to the post

Turner may not be a good athlete (jump balls be damned), but he is exactly what we need to compliment AD (good D, covers space, can handle the banging defensively down low, stretches the floor, and keeps the post open for AD to operate. He is nothing like Drummond. However, his injury history is a HUGE concern. If you total the games that AD and Myles potentially would play during a season, you may get a full seasons worth.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 10:44 am    Post subject:

IG, tim connelly went to minny, is jokic gonna sign w/ the wolves? lol
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 11:41 am    Post subject:

[quote="ThePageDude"]
Laker's Fan wrote:

I actually think the strategy is pretty well telegraphed. The Lakers have structured payroll to avoid the repeater tax. They wouldn’t give Caruso or DeRozan a 3rd year, and though they game Tucker an option, he doesn’t have a trade kicker on a deal that will be one year under the mid level (easy to move). They aren’t about to pay on the order of what Golden St did this year.. Remember, we were the only team in the NBA who applied for COVID relief funds.

LeBron will get extended for his max and LA will peddle LFT. We saw it before with Kobe and the Lakers made record profits. Maybe they score a good complimentary piece here or there to make it interesting, or Davis ascends and we look pretty good. But the priority isn’t winning. Our present ownership is more Reinsdorf or Sterling than Dr Buss.

Luxury taxes and Vogel’s salary are business expenses. I’m pretty sure all that money is a nice business tax write off.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject:

How did the Spurs and Blazers all of a sudden lead frog their way into the 2 teams with the best odds to land LaVine?
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
How did the Spurs and Blazers all of a sudden lead frog their way into the 2 teams with the best odds to land LaVine?
common sense knowing they have cap space to sign him outright?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
common sense knowing they have cap space to sign him outright?

I didn’t know Blazers had cap space actually lol
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Looking at this year playoffs, we are actually the best team to take on GS. Size and experience, it's very unfortunate that we have no shooting and young legs. Luckily those can be easily fixed. Please no more over value max guys liked Lavine. I will only trade 1. AD for KD 2. Russ for Kyrie 3.THT for young wing. There's a lot of young wings available so we should be looking at those and no more old vets. Looking at the Celtics, really get me sick. Imagine they still had Howard and Kyrie and the current core.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:

<snip>

Luxury taxes and Vogel’s salary are business expenses. I’m pretty sure all that money is a nice business tax write off.

Tax write off? The Lakers are profitable, any additional salary reduces the (taxable) income, in turn reducing profits that remain positive, thus reducing the dividend pool the Buss kids pay themselves from.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 4:24 pm    Post subject:

Its gonna take a lot of focus by the FO this summer for us to build the proper team to take down the elites next year, so basically I’m not counting on them to pull through which is why blowing it up makes sense as I have said dozens of times since the Lakers season ended.
BLF2145
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:

Yeah, not happening. Brings zero value to Jazz to give up a player plenty of teams would trade for. My guess is Rudy ends up in Dallas some how.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Ham needs to work with ad and get him to be #1 option

Last edited by Bron2AD on Sat May 28, 2022 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

Quite different though. Drummond did one thing very well: Rebound. He wasn't a great defender. Didn't have a great offensive game. He was a big body who could rebound.

Turner is an elite shot blocker, similar to Drummond's rebounding. He's led the league in blocks twice already in his young career. He and AD together would be intimidating.

He also is a stretch big though. He's a 34.9% career three point shooter, and he's been as good as 38.8%. Last season was his worst shooting season since his rookie year though at 33.3% from three. But in general he's better than Brook Lopez as a stretch big. Has similar deficiencies to Lopez as a rebounder, but is a far better shot blocker.

Turner is not as good as he thinks he is. But he would be a good fit.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7889, 7890, 7891 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 7890 of 8560
Jump to: