OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8023, 8024, 8025 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:21 am    Post subject:

-13m ish in cap space - Otto+TJ
-full MLE - Batum
-BAE of around 4m - Oubre
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
crackadon wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
crackadon wrote:
I know it’s pretty unlikely, but if Russ doesn’t opt in and decides to test free agency/ends up leaving, how much cap space would we get to spend if he came off the books? Can any cap experts help me out?

Somebody said 13m and we get to spend full mle and bi annual.

If we trade tht and Nunn without anything coming back? Then I think it's around 18m

Ask V

Thanks for your input, Dennis. Much appreciated.

Hopefully vasashi can confirm.

From the Q&A thread (which I’ll update with current numbers once we know the status to all the options on players)…

Quote:
What does our current cap sheet (as of April 8th 2022) look like and what exceptions will be available to us as a result?
First off, no more Deng corpse on our books…Yay! And I will not entertain a Russ stretch-waive corpse…at least for now I won’t! Please let me have this haha

1) Russ (Player Option) 47.1m
2) Bron 44.5m
3) AD 38m
4) THT 10.3m
5) Nunn (PO) 5.3m
6) Stanley (Team Option) 2.4m
7) Gabriel (TO) 2m
8) Reaves (TO; nonguaranteed) 1.6m
= team salary of 151.2m on a projected 122m salary cap & a hard cap (ie cap apron) of 155.2m

As you can see we are already past to salary cap, well into the tax and have roughly 4m in wiggle before we hit the apron…and that’s with only 8 on the roster and needing to still fill out 6-7 more roster spots. So if we stay as is, it’s safe to say we will not be using the hardcap triggering ntpMLE, BAE and/or committing to a trade that has an incoming S&t’d player hitting our books (more on that below).

We will only have the tpMLE available to use.

How much cap space do we have if we option out of/waive/renounce everyone so that our team salary is just players with already guaranteed money (ie Bron/AD/THT)?
Bron: 44.5m
AD: 38m
THT: 10.3m
9 incomplete roster charges: 9m
= 101.8m in team salary, which means 20.2m in potential cap space

So considering that Nunn officially opted in and that Max will take one of those 9 incomplete roster spots (fyi a rookie min cap hold is the same amount as a single IR charge), that 101.8m in team salary above would come out to 106.1m meaning we would have roughly 16m in potential cap space along with the use of the 5.4m room MLE exception (due to the fact we would be a cap-having team if Russ opts out of his option).

Bron 44.5m
AD 38m
THT 10.3m
Nunn 5.3m
MaxC 1m cap hold
7 IR charges 7m (@ roughly 1m per)
= 106.1m in team salary giving us ~16m in cap space on a projected 122m salary cap.

That number shrinks to about 13m in cap space (as D100 stated above) if you consider we pick up the options on Reaves, Gabriel & Stan and have their deals replace the 3m in IR cap holds.

Hope that answers it for y’all.

I would do backflips if Russ opts out.

-13m ish in cap space?
-full MLE
-BAE of around 4m.

So could replace Russ with 3 competent NBA players and not have to burn up a future 1st or take back bad contracts. Where do I sign up? I'll drive him to LAX if he opts out.

Yinoma, sorry for the confusion buddy.

If we operate as a cap-having team we only get the rMLE (room exception) of 5.4m. The BAE (4m) & the ntpMLE (10.3m) can only be used if we’re capped out and don’t mind being hardcapped at 155.2m this coming season. The tpMLE (6.4m) can be used if we’re capped out and don’t mind blasting thru the cap apron of 155.2m and spending the luxury taxes that are associated with that territory (tax threshold is around 148.5m).

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:26 am    Post subject:

https://mobile.twitter.com/nicoleganglani/status/1540322965606506496

I know I know.
But man, Kyrie for tpMLE sounds good.
Then you do the Hornets deal for Gordon+.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
^@Yinoma sorry for the confusion buddy.

If we operate as a cap-having team we only get the rMLE (room exception) of 5.4m. The BAE (4m) & the ntpMLE (10.3m) can only be used if we’re capped out and don’t mind being hardcapped at 155.2m this coming season. The tpMLE (6.4m) can be used if we’re capped out and don’t mind blasting thru the cap apron of 155.2m and spending the luxury taxes that are associated with that territory (tax threshold is around 148.5m).

Gotcha. Still would take it.

13m in cap space.
5.4m room MLE

Still getting two good players while not wasting more draft capital or taking on bad deals to dump Russ.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:30 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m
Rob Pelinka says he and Davin Ham have had multiple meetings with Russell Westbrook and have been honest about Russ' role on the team and that he needs to be a defense-first player. He says Westbrook has yet to make a final decision on his player option for the 2022-23 season.

"i want you to be our alex caruso"

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Rob Pelinka says Russell Westbrook has indicated to Darvin Ham that he's ready to embrace a "defense-first" philosophy. Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Rob Pelinka declines to say exactly what the team will do with the team options for Austin Reaves (fairly obvious opt-in), Stanley Johnson and Wenyen Gabriel, but says all three have been in the building and they've seen growth with all of them.

Pretty telling that Rob said "embraced here with open arms." Why would you have to say that if Russ wasn't already embraced by the team and players?

That Alex Caruso comment made me so sad. 30m less, started game 6, brought up in our system, missed his sister’s wedding, chase down block on James Harden, discount double check headband, CarusGoat, Carushow, blocked stupid Pelican players at the rim, played extremely well with Lebron, doesn’t have 8 turnovers a game, not delusional, plays defense, can run a PnR, the list goes on…
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:35 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

I know I know.

Love it. Woj would never side with the Lakers unless there was some truth in there.

I would see if Washington would do a KCP, Kuzma trade for Westbrook and incentives.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:39 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I know I know.

Love it. Woj would never side with the Lakers unless there was some truth in there.

I would see if Washington would do a KCP, Kuzma trade for Westbrook and incentives.

Yea, that's what I did in my sig.
WB + 2nd for Hayward + Terry.
Flip Terry for Kuz + KCP.
Pipe, but fun pipe till Kyrie makes a decision.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:51 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Jovan Buha
@jovanbuha
·
4m
Rob Pelinka says he and Davin Ham have had multiple meetings with Russell Westbrook and have been honest about Russ' role on the team and that he needs to be a defense-first player. He says Westbrook has yet to make a final decision on his player option for the 2022-23 season.

"i want you to be our alex caruso"

Quote:
Kyle Goon
@kylegoon

Rob Pelinka says Russell Westbrook has indicated to Darvin Ham that he's ready to embrace a "defense-first" philosophy. Says Russ hasn't told the Lakers definitively what he's doing with his $47.1M option, but: "If he comes back, he will be embraced here with open arms."

Rob Pelinka declines to say exactly what the team will do with the team options for Austin Reaves (fairly obvious opt-in), Stanley Johnson and Wenyen Gabriel, but says all three have been in the building and they've seen growth with all of them.

Pretty telling that Rob said "embraced here with open arms." Why would you have to say that if Russ wasn't already embraced by the team and players?

That Alex Caruso comment made me so sad. 30m less, started game 6, brought up in our system, missed his sister’s wedding, chase down block on James Harden, discount double check headband, CarusGoat, Carushow, blocked stupid Pelican players at the rim, played extremely well with Lebron, doesn’t have 8 turnovers a game, not delusional, plays defense, can run a PnR, the list goes on…

The Architect who took apart the 2020 championship team is now in 2022, talking about adding players that fit the 2020 championship team.

How is he still leading this team as a GM?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Woj on ESPN just now: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson

Wonder if Klutch will force the Lakers overpay for Kyrie like AD
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

The Knicks opened up some space. It would be a possibilty they would entertain Westbrook at 20M a year for 3 years, if WB wanted to go play for Thibs. I mean, I doubt it, but I think Dallas will pay Brunson after a run to the WCF. And since Knicks made this move, they may have a plan B in mind.

As for us, I would definitely not like to lose an asset for nothing, an asset we gave up so much for, but at this point he is not seen as an asset, he is seen as someone you have to attach an asset (or many assets) to get a trade going.

I would openly welcome some cap, some room exemption money, some flexibility to do sign and trades into a hard cap etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:03 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Woj on ESPN just now: the only team with real interest in Kyrie is the Lakers. The Clippers/Mavs/Sixers have zero, Miami very little and the Knicks are prioritizing Jalen Brunson

Wonder if Klutch will force the Lakers overpay for Kyrie like AD

Overpay with WB.
Btw, quote is in the video posted up there.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:07 am    Post subject:

I like how we think that Westbrook is even capable to play defense for 30 minutes a night. You're talking a player who hasn't played defense his entire career, now late in his career suddenly becoming a defensive first player. This is not Gary Payton, or Malone coming to the Lakers late. Or Howard. Those guys were HOFers who all played defense and embraced it before being that guy.

I mean, it sounds amazing on paper, but in reality, Westbrook will lose his way fast IMO if he isn't allowed to have a monopoly on the ball and be able to coast on defense. He's 34 in Nov and he's physically declining. The right role for him isn't your Gary Payton, it's your off the bench attack guard that runs the 2nd unit. Similar to Rondo, late in his career. Only in a different way.

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Yossi Gozlan
@YossiGozlan

Pistons cap space projection drops to $34M from $47M by acquiring Kemba Walker and Jalen Duren.

They still have enough to offer Deandre Ayton a maximum contract ($30.5M).

I would love it if the Suns lost him for nothing.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:09 am    Post subject:

Quote:
“If he were to leave it would be the Lakers” on a $6 million taxpayer exception.

@wojespn on Kyrie Irving and the Nets

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1540335086901628932?t=2v1C1RKo4LaHEDoTE5WKpQ&s=19
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
^@Yinoma sorry for the confusion buddy.

Gotcha. Still would take it.

13m in cap space.
5.4m room MLE

Still getting two good players while not wasting more draft capital or taking on bad deals to dump Russ.

Now imagine if we gave away tht and Nunn for no salary coming back. That's 28m
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:13 am    Post subject:

If Kyrie signs for the exception, what do we do with Russ?

Flip him for Wall?
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:14 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
“If he were to leave it would be the Lakers” on a $6 million taxpayer exception.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/1540335086901628932?t=2v1C1RKo4LaHEDoTE5WKpQ&s=19

We may also have some more room, if we can stretch WB. If Kyrie commits to leaving, then we can give him the full MLE with a 1+1. We can also maybe get the fortune of WB wanting to walk to the Knicks or something, and there's maybe 13-15M space for Kyrie.

That said, I think this is all Kyrie just making the Nets feel like he has some options, because in reality Kyrie doesn't. No one wants to max Kyrie out for 4 years right now and he wants the Nets to. I agree with many, Kyrie stays, but if there's anyone crazy enough to leave a team for that much money on the table and go elsehwhere it's my man who thinks the earth is flat. He's also a big Kobe guy, so playing for the franchise Kobe did, I'm sure there's some legit appeal there.

Personally I think there is a HUGE difference in Kyrie vs WB. With WB. I think we have 0% shot at a the title. I think with Kyrie we become a darkhorse, where we have 3 elite players that if they peak at the right time can beat any team in a 7 game series. I would take on the Kyrie BS, he is worth it, unlike WB. Just my .02
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

Some guys to target after last night's moves:

Kyle Anderson - the Grizzlies drafted two young combo forwards after drafting Williams last year so they and Slo Mo are likely going to part ways.

Naz Reid - Timberwolves drafted a backup C in Kessler, so Reid could be gettable as an RFA.

Danny Green - could be a buyout candidate after being traded to Memphis. Could still have some juice as a backup wing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:26 am    Post subject:

How long will Green's injury take? Wasn't it an ACL injury?

SloMo will probably be a full MLE candidate, right?

But I like your ideas BVH!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

We may also have some more room, if we can stretch WB. If Kyrie commits to leaving, then we can give him the full MLE with a 1+1. We can also maybe get the fortune of WB wanting to walk to the Knicks or something, and there's maybe 13-15M space for Kyrie.

That said, I think this is all Kyrie just making the Nets feel like he has some options, because in reality Kyrie doesn't. No one wants to max Kyrie out for 4 years right now and he wants the Nets to. I agree with many, Kyrie stays, but if there's anyone crazy enough to leave a team for that much money on the table and go elsehwhere it's my man who thinks the earth is flat. He's also a big Kobe guy, so playing for the franchise Kobe did, I'm sure there's some legit appeal there.

Personally I think there is a HUGE difference in Kyrie vs WB. With WB. I think we have 0% shot at a the title. I think with Kyrie we become a darkhorse, where we have 3 elite players that if they peak at the right time can beat any team in a 7 game series. I would take on the Kyrie BS, he is worth it, unlike WB. Just my .02

If Kyrie will take a one year MLE, of course you do not hesitate. But I agree it seems like a ploy to negotiate with the Nets. I'd be surprised if he didn't end up back on the Nets. Kyrie/KD just seem to attract lots of unnecessary drama.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:28 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

The most likely scenario in which we wind up with Irving is a trade for Westbrook and both picks. The chances of that happening seem remote, but at this stage last year, there was a consensus that the Wizards wouldn't trade Westbrook. If Irving opts in, and we're getting him on a one year deal, I'd think about it, but I'd hate to lose the draft picks for someone as mercurial as Irving. If Irving opts out, and we're talking about a four-year max contract, that would be a bad move, but one that Jeanie and Pelinka might go for.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

No to Danny Green - tore his ACL and LCL
I would think he will be out the entire 2022-2023 season…perhaps longer.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject:

Lebron posting IG stories that contain Kyrie highlights is some LeGM stuff. I love it. One interesting thing I read: with Kyrie's Nike deal in limbo, it probably only takes a phone call from Lebron to smooth it over.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:36 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The most likely scenario in which we wind up with Irving is a trade for Westbrook and both picks. The chances of that happening seem remote, but at this stage last year, there was a consensus that the Wizards wouldn't trade Westbrook. If Irving opts in, and we're getting him on a one year deal, I'd think about it, but I'd hate to lose the draft picks for someone as mercurial as Irving. If Irving opts out, and we're talking about a four-year max contract, that would be a bad move, but one that Jeanie and Pelinka might go for.

Yeah. Irving wants his 4 year max. I wouldn't want to be the team giving that out. But as you said, Jeanie/Rob will do what they do.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:43 am    Post subject:

an interesting wrinkle: if Kyrie does in fact leave and joins for the tpmle (I give this like a 1% chance and even that's generous), you could turn around and make that Hayward package for Russ, thus reuniting him and Hayward
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8023, 8024, 8025 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8024 of 8560
Jump to: