OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:24 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
32 wrote:
governator wrote:
32 wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
32 wrote:
I saw this on a a knick's fan Twitter account. I cannot verify if this is what Fischer said.

Quote:
.@JakeLFischer also confirms that he's heard Russell Westbrook/NY rumblings even prior to Donovan Mitchell trade talks, and states that it’s very realistic now as a trade + buy-out scenario.

This adds to Marc Stein's report surrounding LA/NY as trade partners including Westbrook

https://twitter.com/knickzfeed/status/1549468475445465094?t=NgpPCjihaWBdiLg-tCmBsQ&s=19

Is Randle more appealing to the Nets than Russ? I would think Julius would fill that Blake Griffin role very well. Maybe we flip Randle + 2 frp for kyrie in a three team?

They might want to get off of Randle's contract. 4 years $117M.

Kyrie is also an expiring, Knicks don't need us for this deal

Technically yes but there are no reports that say the Nets want to take back salary. I'm pretty sure they don't.

So WB to NY
Kyrie AND Randle to LA?
what's going to Nets?

Conley / 15M TPE and the Pistons 1st round pick
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis situation shows you how much of a business this is

No emotion. Lakers get a great deal, Dennis gets an NBA contract.

He'd be a great signing for minimum.

I thought the Celtics were going to throw the taxpayer MLE at him, but that possibility may have ended when they traded for Brogdon.

Agree to a certain extent...we'll go back to the only bigs being AD, Bryant, Jones and Gabriel...that's not a lot of depth there if one of those guys goes down...If we're not trading Russ I wish they would really start exploring doing away with THT and or Nunn.

That's true. But I don't know that there's any big available now whose any better than someone we could pick up later if someone got injured. We are down to the "break in case of emergency" guys.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:38 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
We should get rid of some of these scrubs and sign either Dwight or Boogie or Dennis or IT

Dennis is the only one of that quartet I'd want. The other three have forks in their backs.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:39 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1549506821215453186

If all it takes is a 1st and a couple 2nds, then I think the Lakers have this trade as their backup. Which is why I think some people think it's a done deal. Again, assuming the info is accurate.

Personally, I think the Lakers are taking their time and seeing what's out there. And if nothing comes up better than the backup, then hey do the backup.

We still have about 3 months before training camp, so it can be a long wait.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Schroder is better than Westbrook is at this point. MUCH better defender, plays in control, and shoots better(but still not great).

People remember Dennis' awful games or series, but Westbrook was a net negative the entire season. His bricks early in the shot clock were just as good as turnovers, and they led to a lot of runs by the opposition.

If Schroder is re-signed, I'm honestly thinking about letting Westbrook stay home if he's still on the team. No way Westbrook takes a bench role well. He's already complaining about adjusting his role while remaining a starter.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Forward JaMychal Green is finalizing a contract buyout with the Oklahoma City Thunder and plans to sign with the Golden State Warriors after he clears waivers, his agent Michael Hodges told @TheAthletic @Stadium.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:49 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

If all it takes is a 1st and a couple 2nds, then I think the Lakers have this trade as their backup. Which is why I think some people think it's a done deal. Again, assuming the info is accurate.

Personally, I think the Lakers are taking their time and seeing what's out there. And if nothing comes up better than the backup, then hey do the backup.

I think that’s close. I think the most objectively rational way to square the totality of the reporting the past several weeks is to assume that the Kyrie trade will happen IF the Nets find a trade for Durant. Like the Nets/Lakers have agreed on it with a KD trade contingency.

If the Nets keep Durant, I would imagine a Kyrie trade is still possible but it would happen much later in the summer and would ultimately be unlikely.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

This is beating a dead horse, but no one knows what information is accurate. The only way to know if a deal is realistic and possible is when said deal is sent to the league office for approval. Until then, I take all these reports with a heaping dose of salt.

In any case, the report you linked to is meaningless: It says sources said the price for Irving is AT LEAST one first round pick, as well as more second-round compensation. That's a no-sh*t, Sherlock statement. Does anyone think the price would be any less than that?

Last edited by activeverb on Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

It's going to take more than draft picks. The Nets don't want to pay more luxury tax if they trade for Westbrook. Lakers would have to take back more salary in addition to the draft picks. It's unclear if Jeanie is willing to do that.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:00 pm    Post subject:

Holy *** from looking at that report from OCRegister sounds like the deal is already agreed in principle and there just figuring out the picks and selections
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:03 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Holy *** from looking at that report from OCRegister sounds like the deal is already agreed in principle and there just figuring out the picks and selections

Oh vey.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
We should get rid of some of these scrubs and sign either Dwight or Boogie or Dennis or IT

Dennis is the only one of that quartet I'd want. The other three have forks in their backs.

I could understand not wanting Cousins because of his mentality, possible locker room disruption. It makes no sense for Denver to have switched him out for Deandre Jordan, but if doesn’t look like he is done based on last year. In fact he looked like he was resurging.

I’d take both Cousins and Shroeder for the vet min under the right circumstances:
- if a trade sent out Nunn
- Turner isn’t in the deal to LA
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

No. This is from the article.

Quote:
After conversations with people monitoring both sides of the Irving situation at Summer League, a deal with Irving seems less feasible, especially since Brooklyn seems loath to increase its luxury tax bill by taking on Westbrook, who is considered unlikely to push the Nets closer to championship contention.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

It's going to take more than draft picks. The Nets don't want to pay more luxury tax if they trade for Westbrook. Lakers would have to take back more salary in addition to the draft picks. It's unclear if Jeanie is willing to do that.

Just an attempt at some tea leaf reading...

--That it's possible the Nets and Lakers have agreed to a Kyrie trade IF they find a Durant trade they like.

--That if they don't find a Durant trade they like, they would consider trading Kyrie but only if a third team is involved and if players they deem as desirable could be routed to the Nets.

If Durant is traded, it does make logical sense that the Nets could be more amenable to taking back RW because at that point there is no chance that they can contend. So if the Lakers, say, agreed to trade both picks, it makes more sense for the Nets to absorb RW as long as they aren't increasing their payroll, and that's where other players would have to come in between the two teams. If Durant is traded, I don't think the Nets would necessarily want a third team, because then the third team would almost certainly be getting one of the two 1st's we can offer. If they lose Durant, they know they aren't winning a title anytime soon, so at that point it would behoove them to get both Lakers 1st's if they can.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

--That it's possible the Nets and Lakers have agreed to a Kyrie trade IF they find a Durant trade they like.

--That if they don't find a Durant trade they like, they would consider trading Kyrie but only if a third team is involved and if players they deem as desirable could be routed to the Nets.

If Durant is traded, it does make logical sense that the Nets could be more amenable to taking back RW because at that point there is no chance that they can contend. So if the Lakers, say, agreed to trade both picks, it makes more sense for the Nets to absorb RW as long as they aren't increasing their payroll, and that's where other players would have to come in between the two teams. If Durant is traded, I don't think the Nets would necessarily want a third team, because then the third team would almost certainly be getting one of the two 1st's we can offer. If they lose Durant, they know they aren't winning a title anytime soon, so at that point it would behoove them to get both Lakers 1st's if they can.

I think this is the most likely status. It’s the most rational way to square the variety of reports the past couple of weeks.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:

I think that’s close. I think the most objectively rational way to square the totality of the reporting the past several weeks is to assume that the Kyrie trade will happen IF the Nets find a trade for Durant. Like the Nets/Lakers have agreed on it with a KD trade contingency.

I square the totality of the reporting with the belief that the reporters don't know that much, and much of the reporting is based on guesses and opinions of people who have no more genuine knowledge of what's going on than you or I do.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
32 wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I think this is the most likely status. It’s the most rational way to square the variety of reports the past couple of weeks.

Let's say Durant is traded, and neither side wants to increase payroll. The most logical trade, then, is RW and THT and the 2 picks for Kyrie and Harris. If the Lakers were OK taking in more money, then maybe we could get them to give up Curry as well, if our negotiating position is strong enough to where giving up both picks is too much for just Kyrie and Harris. (Not saying it would be, but just spitballing here.)

At this point, if a Kyrie/Harris trade were on the table for RW/THT and the 2 picks, I'd just do it. RW is that bad, Kyrie is that good when he actually plays, and although there's obvious downside, you're either trying or you aren't.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

This is mentally exhausting.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Quote:
After conversations with people monitoring both sides of the Irving situation at Summer League, a deal with Irving seems less feasible, especially since Brooklyn seems loath to increase its luxury tax bill by taking on Westbrook, who is considered unlikely to push the Nets closer to championship contention.

We just need to find a 3rd team, hopefully it’s the Spurs cause they have major cap space and they can theoretically take on Westbrook and buy him out so he can join a contender.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Bro you gotta work on that reading comprehension.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
32 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Quote:

We just need to find a 3rd team, hopefully it’s the Spurs cause they have major cap space and they can theoretically take on Westbrook and buy him out so he can join a contender.

Not sure how likely that is. Two-way trade with the Nets can still happen but a lot of things have to fall into place. CS laid out some possible scenarios.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t blame me, I first read the 1st quote and thought the trade was in near completion then I went ahead and saw the full article and I came back down to reality lmao
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Ralph_MasonJr/status/1549481561795375110?t=U_Y4RdbyTn1JsNTtuG45Ow&s=19
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
sogood. wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Don’t blame me, I first read the 1st quote and thought the trade was in near completion then I went ahead and saw the full article and I came back down to reality lmao

Ah, yes. More proof for my opinion that you are just a rapid, volume poster of inaccurate information.

And the "Don't Blame Me" is more proof of my opinion that you don't really care that you fling BS on this board 24-7.

You are what you are.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 2:33 pm    Post subject:

No just no, the way Goon talked about the possibility of the Lakers needing to add only a 1st round pick and 2nd round picks I thought their was progress being made in trade talks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8559 of 8560
Jump to: