OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5994, 5995, 5996 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Low key super impressed Melo breaks top 10 all time points, gangsta (up there with Dirk passing Shaq and Wilt)
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:21 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Low key super impressed Melo breaks top 10 all time points, gangsta (up there with Dirk passing Shaq and Wilt)

It’s arguable that Melo would have had a chance to make a few title runs if not for Kobe getting in his way.. similar to Jordan preventing Malone from winning a ring.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:

It’s arguable that Melo would have had a chance to make a few title runs if not for Kobe getting in his way.. similar to Jordan preventing Malone from winning a ring.

I think tbh Melo would have started his career with 3 rings if he was drafted by Detroit instead of Denver.

Then how do you think history would look at him vs LeBron. It's interesting to think about. Especially the duels they'd have had in the 2005-2006 and 2007-2006-2007 Eastern Conference semis and conference finals where Detroit likely beats the Cavs both years on their way to the Finals.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:

I think tbh Melo would have started his career with 3 rings if he was drafted by Detroit instead of Denver.

Then how do you think history would look at him vs LeBron. It's interesting to think about.

Yeah, can’t figure how the hell the Pistons picked Darko when Melo was up there for the taking.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
governator wrote:

Then how do you think history would look at him vs LeBron. It's interesting to think about.

Yeah, can’t figure how the hell the Pistons picked Darko when Melo was up there for the taking.

Yeah considering that Pistons team was the one that beat us, imagining Carmelo and the rookie year he had. Combined with him coming into the NBA with a coach like Larry Brown, and veterans like Sheed and Wallace and everything.

It probably would have been very helpful to his career, especially coming in as a winner to a winning franchise.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Luca Vildoza, one of the top playmaking guards in Europe, has agreed-in-principle to a four-year, $13.6M deal with the New York Knicks, his agent Alex Saratsis of Octagon Sports told ESPN.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1390003182647103500

Welp, that's one bidding war obstacle gone that Dennis the Menace was counting to boost his salary estimate this off season. That is unless the Knicks expect to pay a combined $40 million a year for their PG and back-up PG.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The guy on the Pacers we need to make a run at is Brogdon he should been a target when we were going after Kawhi Leonard.

I literally said the same thing when Leonard bailed on us, but we won a championship anyway so I won't complain.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Brogdon is gonna be more of a necessity next year because we are gonna need another scorer to give LeBron more rest.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Maybe kick the tires on Goga "Hogs" Bitadze this summer.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
Quote:
Luca Vildoza, one of the top playmaking guards in Europe, has agreed-in-principle to a four-year, $13.6M deal with the New York Knicks, his agent Alex Saratsis of Octagon Sports told ESPN.

Welp, that's one bidding war obstacle gone that Dennis the Menace was counting to boost his salary estimate this off season. That is unless the Knicks expect to pay a combined $40 million a year for their PG and back-up PG.

Inspector Gadget wrote:
The guy on the Pacers we need to make a run at is Brogdon he should been a target when we were going after Kawhi Leonard.

I literally said the same thing when Leonard bailed on us, but we won a championship anyway so I won't complain.

Is it 13m for 4 years (total) or 13m per year?
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Quote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

It’s 13m total...about 3m per and of that, only this year is guaranteed too.

Solid deal by NY along with the deal they made earlier for DRose... it sure looks like the Dolan (bleep) show is finally curtains.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

NY need a star difference maker and someone who can put them over the top, it’s not surprising that they likely are passing on Schroder they are probably gonna try to pry Beal or Lillard this summer.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 6:51 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Quote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Solid deal by NY along with the deal they made earlier for DRose... it sure looks like the Dolan (bleep) show is finally curtains.

Ah, I misread it. I guess the DS bidding war is inevitable.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 7:30 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
vasashi17+ wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
joeblow wrote:
Quote:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Ah, I misread it. I guess the DS bidding war is inevitable.

New Knicks GM is disciplined so far
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:50 am    Post subject:

Yeah, but they'll have a bajillion dollars available in cap space, and the pressure will be on him to spend it to keep the Knicks' success momentum going forward.

I don't think the free agent class next off season is particularly strong, so DS is betting that he'll garner interest from teams like NY.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

love melo. I am so stoked for him he found a rebirth at a place that has embraced him. Even though jailblazers are one of our historic rivals I like seeing him do well.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:08 am    Post subject:

I think if we end the season badly, most of our free agent will leave the team.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 6:07 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:

love melo. I am so stoked for him he found a rebirth at a place that has embraced him. Even though jailblazers are one of our historic rivals I like seeing him do well.

Never been a Melo fan. Good for him though.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pelicans VP David Griffin rips NBA officiating after Zion was ruled out indefinitely with a fractured left ring finger:

"He's injured because of the open season that there’s been on Zion Williamson in the paint."

I guess he is trying to deflect blame for his horrible roster construction. Zion gets plenty of calls.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:26 am    Post subject:

LaVine might want out of Chicago, while the Bulls might go after Lonzo and/or Schroder.

I’ll take that S&T. Donovan gets his PG.

Grandpa LBJ and AD get the player whose prime aligns with AD. We probably lose THT in any trade for LaVine though.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:44 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LaVine might want out of Chicago, while the Bulls might go after Lonzo and/or Schroder.

Grandpa LBJ and AD get the player whose prime aligns with AD. We probably lose THT in any trade for LaVine though.

Umm that would be phenomenal. But we’d have to probably include multiple future 1sts too.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

I can’t imagine why the Bulls would make that trade. We don’t have any high quality filler to sweeten the deal. THT and future non-lottery picks wouldn’t get it done. But I’ve been wrong before.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:09 am    Post subject:

We’re kinda desperate for a playmaking guard and he wouldn’t be my 1st choice, but beggars can’t be choosers. I’m intrigued...

Quote:
Isaiah Thomas
@isaiahthomas
May 7, 2021
Man I could help them Lakers boys during this time!!!!

Quinn Cook
@QCook323
May 7, 2021
Replying to @isaiahthomas
Man I feel you!! You ain’t the only one big bro!

Isaiah Thomas
@isaiahthomas
Killa!!! You know what it is, you’ve proven that year after year . Stay ready. We back on real soon 🏁

And I know Dudz is a great guy and all, but seriously the last two years has been a waste of a roster spot.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 11:35 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

I can’t imagine why the Bulls would make that trade. We don’t have any high quality filler to sweeten the deal. THT and future non-lottery picks wouldn’t get it done. But I’ve been wrong before.

Obviously the Bulls aren’t getting rid of LaVine unless he wants out...but there were rumblings during this season.

It’s more likely that it won’t happen, but who knows.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Obviously the Bulls aren’t getting rid of LaVine unless he wants out...but there were rumblings during this season.

It’s more likely that it won’t happen, but who knows.

I was assuming a scenario in which he wants out. I just don't think the Bulls would be tempted by a package of something like Schroder on a sign-and trade, THT (which would also need to be a sign-and-trade, I believe), and some non-lottery picks. Unless they happen to be in love with Kuzma, we don't have much to offer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject:

A hypothetical off season deal: Kuzma for Malik Beasley

Minny fans are in support of it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5994, 5995, 5996 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 5995 of 8560
Jump to: