OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7119, 7120, 7121 ... 7127, 7128, 7129  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36639

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay thinks we might go after Jerami Grant.. that performance by Grant could end up being a showcase game for him, I would be so thrilled if we finally got a real 3-D wing on this team.


THT and Reaves and picks? Pistons are rebuilding.


Grant is my #1 target.


Yes please, THT has looked lost the last few games, get him if you have the chance.


and what does that do?

lakers need to do:

Westbrook/THT / 2 2nd for Ben Simmons/Curry/D Green


I heard today that it’s probably unlikely that the Lakers trade Westbrook unless it’s for John Wall or Kevin Love.




I Read it during emplay’s trade deadline article

Quote:
The franchise may not be likely to change course, and moving Westbrook's $44.2 million salary (plus a $47.1 million player option for 2022-23) would be extremely difficult in-season.

Outside of John Wall with the Houston Rockets (on a similar contract to Westbrook) or Kevin Love of the Cleveland Cavaliers ($60.2 million owed through 2022-23), the opportunities may be nonexistent. It's a stretch to suggest the Rockets or Cavaliers would consider Westbrook.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2950693-predicting-most-active-teams-at-2022-nba-trade-deadline.amp.html
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
logical24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2019
Posts: 1459

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

We need to trade THT now before no one wants him! Give Detroit a call offer THT/Fillers/Picks for Grant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2021
Posts: 1665

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay thinks we might go after Jerami Grant.. that performance by Grant could end up being a showcase game for him, I would be so thrilled if we finally got a real 3-D wing on this team.


THT and Reaves and picks? Pistons are rebuilding.


Grant is my #1 target.


Yes please, THT has looked lost the last few games, get him if you have the chance.


and what does that do?

lakers need to do:

Westbrook/THT / 2 2nd for Ben Simmons/Curry/D Green


I heard today that it’s probably unlikely that the Lakers trade Westbrook unless it’s for John Wall or Kevin Love.




I Read it during emplay’s trade deadline article

Quote:
The franchise may not be likely to change course, and moving Westbrook's $44.2 million salary (plus a $47.1 million player option for 2022-23) would be extremely difficult in-season.

Outside of John Wall with the Houston Rockets (on a similar contract to Westbrook) or Kevin Love of the Cleveland Cavaliers ($60.2 million owed through 2022-23), the opportunities may be nonexistent. It's a stretch to suggest the Rockets or Cavaliers would consider Westbrook.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2950693-predicting-most-active-teams-at-2022-nba-trade-deadline.amp.html


Ur post came out as if the Lakers would only trade Westbrook for love/wall

And no offense but emplays article are opinion pieces and not reporting
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ScHoolBoy B
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we can trick the Kings into giving us De'Aaron Fox? They're on semi fire sale right now so might as well see if they wanna move on from Fox and give Haliburton the reigns.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 10588

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:46 pm    Post subject:

ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Maybe we can trick the Kings into giving us De'Aaron Fox? They're on semi fire sale right now so might as well see if they wanna move on from Fox and give Haliburton the reigns.

Like trade Westbrook for Heild and Fox? Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ScHoolBoy B
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Nov 2013
Posts: 1082

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:
Maybe we can trick the Kings into giving us De'Aaron Fox? They're on semi fire sale right now so might as well see if they wanna move on from Fox and give Haliburton the reigns.

Like trade Westbrook for Heild and Fox? Lol


That would be awesome. lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 5191

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay thinks we might go after Jerami Grant.. that performance by Grant could end up being a showcase game for him, I would be so thrilled if we finally got a real 3-D wing on this team.


THT and Reaves and picks? Pistons are rebuilding.


Grant is my #1 target.


Yes please, THT has looked lost the last few games, get him if you have the chance.


and what does that do?

lakers need to do:

Westbrook/THT / 2 2nd for Ben Simmons/Curry/D Green


I heard today that it’s probably unlikely that the Lakers trade Westbrook unless it’s for John Wall or Kevin Love.




As funny as it sounds, I could see Rob doing that. He be doing some things that I be scratching my head about.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 2688

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Denver would do a Baze/2nd pick for Jeff Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36639

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:59 pm    Post subject:

LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LGFan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Emplay thinks we might go after Jerami Grant.. that performance by Grant could end up being a showcase game for him, I would be so thrilled if we finally got a real 3-D wing on this team.


THT and Reaves and picks? Pistons are rebuilding.


Grant is my #1 target.


Yes please, THT has looked lost the last few games, get him if you have the chance.


and what does that do?

lakers need to do:

Westbrook/THT / 2 2nd for Ben Simmons/Curry/D Green


I heard today that it’s probably unlikely that the Lakers trade Westbrook unless it’s for John Wall or Kevin Love.




I Read it during emplay’s trade deadline article

Quote:
The franchise may not be likely to change course, and moving Westbrook's $44.2 million salary (plus a $47.1 million player option for 2022-23) would be extremely difficult in-season.

Outside of John Wall with the Houston Rockets (on a similar contract to Westbrook) or Kevin Love of the Cleveland Cavaliers ($60.2 million owed through 2022-23), the opportunities may be nonexistent. It's a stretch to suggest the Rockets or Cavaliers would consider Westbrook.


https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2950693-predicting-most-active-teams-at-2022-nba-trade-deadline.amp.html


Ur post came out as if the Lakers would only trade Westbrook for love/wall

And no offense but emplays article are opinion pieces and not reporting


LakerSanity put out a list of potential WB trades today some of it had us landing T.J. Warren and sweetners and another proposal had us landing Hayward and Kelly Oubre
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 25785

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
I am genuinely unsure how to fix this team. We’re that bad both ways


It's got to come from within. Vogel and Lebron need to get to work.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 5191

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
I am genuinely unsure how to fix this team. We’re that bad both ways


It's got to come from within. Vogel and Lebron need to get to work.


What do you mean? Like GM work or coaching or both?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 25785

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
I am genuinely unsure how to fix this team. We’re that bad both ways


It's got to come from within. Vogel and Lebron need to get to work.


What do you mean? Like GM work or coaching?


Coaching and leadership. This isn't going to get fixed by some IG special trade. Right now, every GM in the league knows that we're getting desperate and that we will be an easy mark in negotiations. Even in IG's fishbowl, no one is looking to buy out some superstar and let him sign with us. We might pick up another Andre Drummond or Dion Waiters. Yay.

Vogel needs to work his magic on defense. That's what he's supposed to do. Lebron needs to get the guys working hard and playing together as a team. He's supposed to be a leader, and he picked a lot of these guys. This team needs chemistry. It that means a bunch of players-only meetings, then it's time to get going.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LGFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2021
Posts: 1665

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
I am genuinely unsure how to fix this team. We’re that bad both ways


It's got to come from within. Vogel and Lebron need to get to work.


What do you mean? Like GM work or coaching?


Coaching and leadership. This isn't going to get fixed by some IG special trade. Right now, every GM in the league knows that we're getting desperate and that we will be an easy mark in negotiations. Even in IG's fishbowl, no one is looking to buy out some superstar and let him sign with us. We might pick up another Andre Drummond or Dion Waiters. Yay.

Vogel needs to work his magic on defense. That's what he's supposed to do. Lebron needs to get the guys working hard and playing together as a team. He's supposed to be a leader, and he picked a lot of these guys. This team needs chemistry. It that means a bunch of players-only meetings, then it's time to get going.


Coaching and leadership are not going to play defense on the court. That's where the problem is
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 11395

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:59 pm    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Would you guys trade THT/Nunn/Filler for Grant?

A closing lineup of:
RW
Monk
Grant
LeBron
AD

Scary times!


I still like Grant, and he is the minimum I would consider dealing THT for as he himself is in his prime and fits with an AD window, if not also LBJ's.

With that said, my gut says THT will be an overall better player at age 27 (Grant's age). So, there is that.
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jun 2016
Posts: 11395

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
I am genuinely unsure how to fix this team. We’re that bad both ways


It's got to come from within. Vogel and Lebron need to get to work.


What do you mean? Like GM work or coaching?


Coaching and leadership. This isn't going to get fixed by some IG special trade. Right now, every GM in the league knows that we're getting desperate and that we will be an easy mark in negotiations. Even in IG's fishbowl, no one is looking to buy out some superstar and let him sign with us. We might pick up another Andre Drummond or Dion Waiters. Yay.

Vogel needs to work his magic on defense. That's what he's supposed to do. Lebron needs to get the guys working hard and playing together as a team. He's supposed to be a leader, and he picked a lot of these guys. This team needs chemistry. It that means a bunch of players-only meetings, then it's time to get going.


In other words, we need a miracle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tAKLTktY0
_________________
"One thing I admire about Kuzma is his unwavering confidence. He truly has no idea that he’s not as good as he thinks." - Killer_Z
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 10588

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I wonder if Denver would do a Baze/2nd pick for Jeff Green

First of all, they are not stupid
Second, Jeff green is making 4.5 mil this season
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 139110
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:13 pm    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
logical24 wrote:
Would you guys trade THT/Nunn/Filler for Grant?

A closing lineup of:
RW
Monk
Grant
LeBron
AD

Scary times!


I still like Grant, and he is the minimum I would consider dealing THT for as he himself is in his prime and fits with an AD window, if not also LBJ's.

With that said, my gut says THT will be an overall better player at age 27 (Grant's age). So, there is that.


And it was Rob’s gut feeling that paying THT instead of Caruso would make sense (ignoring the fact that he could have both). Rob needs a more refined gut.
_________________
If you could choose between dating a supermodel or going fishing, would it be saltwater or freshwater?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 36639

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Some Bazemore trade scenarios:

Bazemore for Damien Jones

Bazemore for Svi

Bazemore for Kenrich Williams

Bazemore for Tony Snell

Bazemore for Abdel Nader
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 28 May 2010
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Ellington or Baze.. rob needs to pick one

can't have two dead bodies on the bench right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 25785

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:38 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Coaching and leadership. This isn't going to get fixed by some IG special trade. Right now, every GM in the league knows that we're getting desperate and that we will be an easy mark in negotiations. Even in IG's fishbowl, no one is looking to buy out some superstar and let him sign with us. We might pick up another Andre Drummond or Dion Waiters. Yay.

Vogel needs to work his magic on defense. That's what he's supposed to do. Lebron needs to get the guys working hard and playing together as a team. He's supposed to be a leader, and he picked a lot of these guys. This team needs chemistry. It that means a bunch of players-only meetings, then it's time to get going.


In other words, we need a miracle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9tAKLTktY0


I'm not giving up yet. Pelinka may have constructed a mismatched and haphazard roster, but there is still a lot of talent and experience in the group. If Vogel can get these guys to play defense, and if Lebron can get these guys to develop some chemistry and teamwork, we could still make some noise in the playoffs. I won't say that losing games is a blessing in disguise, because it isn't. I'll use another cliche: it's a wake-up call. It should be obvious to everyone in the organization that this just isn't good enough. Pelinka appears to be useless. It's up to the players and the coaches to get this turned around. It's time to get to work.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
logical24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2019
Posts: 1459

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject:

Call Detroit offer them THT/Wayne/DJ/2nd Round picks we got off the WB trade for Grant.

Sign Cousins
Save a spot for a buyout
Bring Stanley Johnson from GLeague for defensive purposes

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/Kent/Reaves
Grant/Stanley/Ariza
LeBron/Melo/Buyout
AD/Dwight/Cousins

Lets rock and roll! We lose guards but we gain some big wings and D
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 10588

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:19 am    Post subject:

logical24 wrote:
Call Detroit offer them THT/Wayne/DJ/2nd Round picks we got off the WB trade for Grant.

Sign Cousins
Save a spot for a buyout
Bring Stanley Johnson from GLeague for defensive purposes

WB/Nunn/Rondo
Monk/Kent/Reaves
Grant/Stanley/Ariza
LeBron/Melo/Buyout
AD/Dwight/Cousins

Lets rock and roll! We lose guards but we gain some big wings and D

THT can't be traded until 1/14/2022
salaries don't match
Pistons are not stupid
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Oct 2015
Posts: 1696

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:03 pm    Post subject:

lmao at trade proposals for Grant. This ain't 2k, you can't turn on trade override.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 2688

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Bulls and Wizards finally starting come back down to earth a little...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Swagron12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Sep 2020
Posts: 209

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:55 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
We might still have a chance to get Buddy Hield if the Kings decide to have a fire sale.


What's the fascination with Buddy hield?


None. He would do nothing to change the Lakers fortunes. Some of these guys think the NBA is a video game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7119, 7120, 7121 ... 7127, 7128, 7129  Next
Page 7120 of 7129
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB