Lakers 2019 Offseason

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Lakers 2019 Offseason

Updated for Post Draft Lottery

1. June 20 - NBA Draft: Draft the best player available (ideally a 3 point shooter or big man)
Edit 5/14: Lakers move up to the 4th pick, which gives them more options. If they decide to keep the pick, they can go with Darius Garland (PG) who is one of the top shooters in the draft or go with a wing De'Andre Hunter or Jarrett Culver.

2. July 1 - NBA Free Agency: Have Lebron recruit Kawhi and Kyrie during the early Summer. If it does not appear that Kyrie or Kawhi will join him on the Lakers, shift gears and make Kemba the priority with max offer.

Resign Bullock (Bird Rights) to a 3 year deal (to match Lebron's contract) with $14m Year 1, $8m Year 2&3 or $14m Year 1&2 with Team Option in Y2. The purpose for the large first year is to potentially match salaries in any trade.

Resign Alex Caruso (RFA) to a reasonable deal.

3. Fill out the roster: Lakers have depth at all positions except C so they should use their MLE on a big man on a 3 year deal to match Lebron's contract. I'd like to target Brook Lopez, Ed Davis, Nerlens Noel, Demarcus Cousins, Dewayne Dedmon, Enes Kanter, Robin Lopez, Jonas Valunciunas, Thomas Bryant, Nikola Mirotic, Morris Bros. If they pull a trade off for Anthony Davis, then focus on shooters like Wayne Ellington.

Minimum deals on DJ Augustin, Javale McGee, Kyle O'Quinn, Richaun Holmes, Dragan Bender, Omri Casspi, Marquesse Chriss, Jamychal Green, Tyler Lydon, Mike Muscala, Noah Vonleh, Seth Curry.

Line-up without a trade or filling out the roster

Guards: Kemba, Ball, Hart, Caruso
Forwards: Lebron, Ingram, Kuzma, Bullock, Wagner, Bonga
C: None

4. Trades: Pelicans aren't likely to trade Anthony Davis until July 1 because Celtics can't complete a deal until then. Lakers offer Bullock in a sign and trade, 2 of 3 between Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, and 2 1st round picks.

My Ideal Plan

1. Trade Lonzo Ball, Wagner, Bonga to Phoenix for 2019 6th Pick and 2020 1st round pick (protected 1-4) or Chicago for 2019 7th Pick and 2020 1st round pick (protected 1-4). Phoenix/Chicago do this because they need a pass first point guard. Lakers do this to alleviate some of the salary cap crunch that came with moving up to the 4th pick. Lakers should be able to maintain Reggie Bullock's cap hold with this trade while signing a max free agent (Kyrie, Kemba, Kawhi). Both Phoenix and Chicago have 2nd round picks available to sweeten the offer if there is a bidding war.

3 Way trade Option: Lakers get 6th pick, 7th pick, Bulls 2020 Protected 1st round pick, Bucks 2020 1st round pick from Phoenix for Ball, Wagner, Bonga, 4th round pick.

Bulls get Ball and Bonga for 7th pick and 2020 Protected 1st round pick

Suns get 4th pick and Wagner for 6th pick and 2020 Bucks pick

2. Draft De'Andre Hunter (SF/PF) at 4 and choose between Darius Garland (PG - Klutch player) or Coby White (PG/SG) at 6/7. Cavs pick at 5 and they drafted Sexton last year so Garland/White should still be available at 6/7. These players will improve our 3 point shooting significantly.

3. Sign Kyrie or Kemba to a max deal.

4. Look at Trade options. We will have Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, Hunter, Garland/White, Phoenix 2020 1st round pick, and all of Lakers 1st round picks. We can also use Bullock as a S&T chip as well to match contract values. Priority should be Sign and Trade for Kawhi since he would require less assets to get in a trade versus Anthony Davis. Possibly Jimmy Butler as a last resort in a Sign and Trade or outright sign him. My starting offer to Raptors would be Ingram, 2020 Lakers 1st Round Pick, Bullock (S&T 1 year, $18.9m) for Kawhi (S&T Max Deal), which facilitates their rebuild.

Guards: Kyrie/Kemba, Garland/White, Hart, Caruso
Forwards: Lebron, Kawhi, Hunter, Kuzma
C: None

Road to Kawhi

It's been reported that Kawhi wants to play closer to home in LA and that Clippers are favored. Lakers can change this narrative by signing Kyrie or Kemba on July 1 and then pursuing Kawhi in Sign and Trade.

[s]Kawhi does this because he can get more guaranteed money through a S&T ($190m over 5 years for S&T versus $141m over 4 years).[/s] Also, Lakers might be viewed more favorably (compared to the Clippers) if they are able to get Kyrie or Kemba early in free agency.
(Edit 5/5: players can no longer do S&T for the larger contracts, thus Kawhi will get the same amount signing outright with another team or S&T)

Raptors do this to avoid losing Kawhi for nothing and it may help them rebuild if that's the direction they choose. They don't have much leverage over the situation because there are only 2 teams Kawhi will play for and Lakers have the better assets (versus an Anthony Davis trade where Pelicans hold the leverage). I would start with a low ball offer of Ingram, Wagner, 2020 1st Round Pick and Bullock (S&T to match contract values). It can be increased to include Ball since we would have signed Kyrie or Kemba to start at PG.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Tue May 21, 2019 2:53 pm; edited 17 times in total
ericp6387
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers 2019 Offseason

chekmatex4 wrote:
Now that Lakers are eliminated from playoff contention, what can they do to turn things around?

1. Fire Pelinka (and possibly Magic) - They need to bring in a GM that is not hated by other agents/GMs. Bring in David Griffin. Replacing Magic might be more difficult but I'm sure other teams don't like when he goes on national television and talks (*winks*) about their players. Get people in front office other teams will work with.

2. Coaching and Playstyle - They need to determine who the right coach and playstyle for the team is. Do they want to play fast or slow it down to a half court game? Lakers were a top 4 team when playing fast (better for young guys) but injuries forced them to play more half court (better for Lebron). There aren't very many successful candidates available to take over as head coach. Alternatively, they can keep Luke Walton (seems unlikely now) and force him to hire stronger assistant coaches. Please don't bring Jason Kidd or Tyronn Lue.

3. Free Agency/Trade/Draft - Attempt to trade for Anthony Davis but do not offer a Godfather type deal. AD for Ball, Ingram, or Kuzma (2 of the 3, not all of them) and 2 first round picks (don't take on Solomon Hill's contract). If no deal is completed by the time free agency starts, then switch over to signing Kemba Walker. I predict Kyrie and KD will go to the Knicks, Kawhi to the Clippers, Tobias and Jimmy stay in Philly, Klay stays in the Bay, and Middleton re-ups with the Bucks; which leaves Kemba as the best free agent remaining.

If we end up keeping our pick, draft best player available.

4. Consider trading Ingram if you strike out on free agency (again). He is a RFA and we can't let Ingram go for nothing like they did with Randle. Or you can sign him to a reasonable deal that is tradeable if they need to create cap space.

1. Disagree on firing Pelinka/Magic. Let's give it one more year, and if nothing improves we can absolutely have this conversation next year.

2. Obviously, there will be a new coach next year. My top 5 preferences, and you I'm sure will have your own list, are as follows:

Jay Wright
Tom Izzo
John Calipari
Jeff Van Gundy
Phil Jackson

3. Go for AD, but I would offer Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and the 10th pick. All of it. Still won't be enough I'm afraid. As for free agency, I agree with you on your predictions on where the other stars will go. Kemba is my guy too, but if he chooses elsewhere, I'd turn my attention to Vucevic I think. Trading Ingram is not something I would seek out, but if the right deal came along I'd be for it of course.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

1. Hire an elite training staff.
2. Either stick with Luke or get a coach that LeBron will listen to.
3. Draft well.
4. Aim for Kemba. Do not trade the core, you're trying to ADD talent, not relatively break even with it.

Simple offseason.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:44 am    Post subject:

OP, you do realize that BI's blood clot condition greatly affects his trade value, as in, he has no trade value right now.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers 2019 Offseason

ericp6387 wrote:

1. Disagree on firing Pelinka/Magic. Let's give it one more year, and if nothing improves we can absolutely have this conversation next year.

2. Obviously, there will be a new coach next year. My top 5 preferences, and you I'm sure will have your own list, are as follows:

Jay Wright
Tom Izzo
John Calipari
Jeff Van Gundy
Phil Jackson

3. Go for AD, but I would offer Ingram, Ball, Kuzma and the 10th pick. All of it. Still won't be enough I'm afraid. As for free agency, I agree with you on your predictions on where the other stars will go. Kemba is my guy too, but if he chooses elsewhere, I'd turn my attention to Vucevic I think. Trading Ingram is not something I would seek out, but if the right deal came along I'd be for it of course.

1. I'm okay with Magic staying on board for another year but I feel that Pelinka's lack (or even negative) relationship across the NBA (mainly with other player's agents and other GMs) is a detriment to doing the job.

2. I don't have a list in mind just because no one out there is a strong candidate. Your list is mainly college coaches, but that leaves the question of how the will coach NBA players and whether Lebron will respect them.

3. Agree 100%, but I might reduce the AD offer a tad depending on where our pick lands.

Mike@LG wrote:
1. Hire an elite training staff.
2. Either stick with Luke or get a coach that LeBron will listen to.
3. Draft well.
4. Aim for Kemba. Do not trade the core, you're trying to ADD talent, not relatively break even with it.

Simple offseason.

I wholly agree with 1-3. I think for 4, you have to try to get AD but do not offer everyone (rumored Godfather deal). If you don't get a deal done, then turn your attention to Kemba and keep the prospects.

yinoma2001 wrote:
OP, you do realize that BI's blood clot condition greatly affects his trade value, as in, he has no trade value right now.

I'm not saying to trade him for pennies, but just to consider trading him from a salary cap projection perspective. Obviously you keep him and even extend him if you don't find a fair value trade.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
I wholly agree with 1-3. I think for 4, you have to try to get AD but do not offer everyone (rumored Godfather deal). If you don't get a deal done, then turn your attention to Kemba and keep the prospects.

Go Kemba first, show him he's #1. That's how you get him.

There's no value in Ingram with his health issue, going up against a team with no GM, and when they hire a GM, he'll need to look good by proving he can win a trade.

That's a no go for AD.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:03 am    Post subject:

2019 Will be a BIG Off Season for the Lakers.

1. We don't need to fire Magic and Palinka, it makes no sense... IMO they've done far better than their predecessors and they need to be given ample time to build a competitive team. They've tried, but the media and Laker Haters had their 2-cents and it tore us apart.

2. We definitely need a new coach; luv Luke, but he's not the coach for this type of team or the type of Superstar. There are a few names I could think of and sorry JKidd is NOT one of them. Neither is Phil Jackson!

3. Free Agency will be big, its hard to throw all of your eggs into one basket, because players these days get in their feelings really quick. They want the power, they want to be entitled and the fact of the matter is that as long as we have LBJ on our team, their's probably not one player who feels they will be granted the reins of the team while he's there...
However we should look to fill needs in Free Agency and those are as followed:

- Second Star to partner with LBJ (Someone who can shoot from the perimeter)
- More Perimeter Shooting (need consistency)
- Legit consistent BIG (5) who can play inside and defend inside
- Legit player(s) who can defend on the wing

4. Draft time will be good for the Lakers this year as we could possibly get a player in the top ten and IMO we should get a good player that should be able to contribute, depending on the Coach. My hope and I'm crossing my fingers is that Cam Reddish from Duke's slips down to that spot and the Lakers could grab him. However if Cam is gone and Keldon Johnson is still available, it should be a no-brainer!

It could be in the Lakers interest to try to trade up with Zo as bait, but obviously with the blood-clot to BI we've lost some leverage.

Overall, I'd say with the Draft and Free Agency coming up, the Lakers are primed to make somethings happen if they can make good decisions. I think we've lost out on the AD trade for now, my feeling is that the Celtics will get him for one year then he'll come to the Lakers if he truly wants to the following season.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
2019 Will be a BIG Off Season for the Lakers.

1. We don't need to fire Magic and Palinka, it makes no sense... IMO they've done far better than their predecessors and they need to be given ample time to build a competitive team. They've tried, but the media and Laker Haters had their 2-cents and it tore us apart.

2. We definitely need a new coach; luv Luke, but he's not the coach for this type of team or the type of Superstar. There are a few names I could think of and sorry JKidd is NOT one of them. Neither is Phil Jackson!

3. Free Agency will be big, its hard to throw all of your eggs into one basket, because players these days get in their feelings really quick. They want the power, they want to be entitled and the fact of the matter is that as long as we have LBJ on our team, their's probably not one player who feels they will be granted the reins of the team while he's there...
However we should look to fill needs in Free Agency and those are as followed:

- Second Star to partner with LBJ (Someone who can shoot from the perimeter)
- More Perimeter Shooting (need consistency)
- Legit consistent BIG (5) who can play inside and defend inside
- Legit player(s) who can defend on the wing

4. Draft time will be good for the Lakers this year as we could possibly get a player in the top ten and IMO we should get a good player that should be able to contribute, depending on the Coach. My hope and I'm crossing my fingers is that Cam Reddish from Duke's slips down to that spot and the Lakers could grab him. However if Cam is gone and Keldon Johnson is still available, it should be a no-brainer!

It could be in the Lakers interest to try to trade up with Zo as bait, but obviously with the blood-clot to BI we've lost some leverage.

Overall, I'd say with the Draft and Free Agency coming up, the Lakers are primed to make somethings happen if they can make good decisions. I think we've lost out on the AD trade for now, my feeling is that the Celtics will get him for one year then he'll come to the Lakers if he truly wants to the following season.

1. Relationships matter and it appears there is no interest to deal with the Lakers around the league. Pelicans reportedly did not pick up Pelinka's phone calls and answered only when Magic called. Lakers need to hire someone that has relationships around the league. Also, to say they have done better than the predecessors is a reach (Kupchak was an executive for 7 championships).

2. I'm afraid to say it but Ty Lue seems like the best of the worst when considering coach replacements.

3. Kemba Walker might be the guy here with Ball moving to the 2 spot (if we keep him).

4. I haven't focused on specific players yet but seems like there is a clear cut #1 (Zion) followed by likely 2 and 3 picks (Morant and Barrett). It's up in the air after that, so there is no reason to trade up and Lakers should just take best available player. I would even argue to trade down a few spots if there is no clear cut prospects after the top 3.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

My top 5, in order of preference, for President of Basketball Operations

1. Jerry West - Proven winner at executive level and Laker great.
2. David Griffin - Experience winning a championship with Lebron.
3. R.C. Buford - Spurs GM
4. Daryl Morey - Rockets GM
5. Sam Presti - Thunder GM

Long shot, Pat Riley, current President for Miami Heat.

In a perfect world, Jerry West will be President and David Griffin will be GM. Ryan West promoted to Assistant GM. Jerry will stick around for 2-3 years to groom David to be President and Ryan to be GM.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

Settle front office situation

Hire a coach that can work with Lebron - 90% I'd say its Lue who gets picked.

Kemba I'd agree is probably our best shot as a free agent.

Draft either a good shooter, possibly at center. Some body we can hold on to cheap for a few years.

Hold on to the kids, sign more 1 year guys, if that helps you keep space for Davis next year.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Now that Lakers are eliminated from playoff contention, what can they do to turn things around?

1. Fire Pelinka (and possibly Magic) - They need to bring in a GM that is not hated by other agents/GMs. Bring in David Griffin. Replacing Magic might be more difficult but I'm sure other teams don't like when he goes on national television and talks (*winks*) about their players. Get people in front office other teams will work with.

Edit 4/9: Magic just stepped down. I imagine Rob will be fired now. Offer Jerry West and his sons Ryan and Jonnie whatever position they want. If they turn it down, get David Griffin for GM.

2. Coaching and Playstyle - They need to determine who the right coach and playstyle for the team is. Do they want to play fast or slow it down to a half court game? Lakers were a top 4 team when playing fast (better for young guys) but injuries forced them to play more half court (better for Lebron). There aren't very many successful candidates available to take over as head coach. Alternatively, they can keep Luke Walton (seems unlikely now) and force him to hire stronger assistant coaches. Please don't bring Jason Kidd or Tyronn Lue.

Edit 4/9: After Magic announced his resignation, I'd like to see Luke stay with a stronger coaching staff, hire Ty Lue if Lebron expresses he wants a coaching change, or wait to see which other coaches get fired (Alvin Gentry, Terry Stotts).

3. Free Agency/Trade/Draft - Attempt to trade for Anthony Davis but do not offer a Godfather type deal. AD for Ball, Ingram, or Kuzma (2 of the 3, not all of them) and 2 first round picks (don't take on Solomon Hill's contract). If no deal is completed by the time free agency starts, then switch over to signing Kemba Walker. I predict Kyrie and KD will go to the Knicks, Kawhi to the Clippers, Tobias and Jimmy stay in Philly, Klay stays in the Bay, and Middleton re-ups with the Bucks; which leaves Kemba as the best free agent remaining.

If we end up keeping our pick, draft best player available.

4. Consider trading Ingram if you strike out on free agency (again). He is a RFA and we can't let Ingram go for nothing like they did with Randle. Or you can sign him to a reasonable deal that is tradeable if they need to create cap space.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Wed May 15, 2019 9:10 am; edited 10 times in total
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Road to Kawhi

It's been reported that Kawhi wants to play closer to home in LA and that Clippers are favored. Lakers can change this narrative by signing Kyrie or Kemba on July 1 and then pursuing Kawhi in Sign and Trade.

Kawhi does this because he can get more guaranteed money through a S&T ($190m over 5 years for S&T versus $141m over 4 years). Also, Lakers might be viewed more favorably (compared to the Clippers) if they are able to get Kyrie or Kemba early in free agency.

Raptors do this to avoid losing Kawhi for nothing and it may help them rebuild if that's the direction they choose. They don't have much leverage over the situation because there are only 2 teams Kawhi will play for and Lakers have the better assets (versus an Anthony Davis trade where Pelicans hold the leverage). I would start with a low ball offer of Ingram, Wagner, 2020 1st Round Pick and Bullock (S&T to match contract values). It can be increased to include Ball since we would have signed Kyrie or Kemba to start at PG.

I actually like the idea of a S&T for Kawhi and I believe he's the player this team needs to really be pushed over the Top.
With Kawhi on the team, he could become our 2-Guard especially with the way his game has evolved, if LBJ wants to stay at the 3, although I believe he's more suited at the 4 this stage in his career.

Kawhi and Kemba seem like a likely duo going forward toward the future for this Lakers team.

I believe the Lakers will need to add a certifiable "Big" to the roster and IMO DeAndre Jordan fits the mold, only because he's been to LA before and there's no "Transition to Stardom Town" for DJ. This would allow McGee to come off the bench and continue to contribute at a high clip.

I don't know if your proposed offer would work, but then again in all honesty, we don't have to give up anything to keep him. Maybe we sign him short term and give him BIG money in 2-3 years. When LBJ is about ready to call it...

Ball is not a 2, but having him and Kemba in the game is fine, because Kemba is a combo, keeping Rondo and Caruso would be a key also.
Chemistry is key. I don't think we should throw away the farm on the pipe dream of Davis. I say we be patient and wait it out, we've already shown how much we want to acquire him. We make a solid offer and if they don't want it then so be it!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

They are wrong, Kawhi could only get the same deal in a S&T as he could signing here (4years).
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Well, as of right now it looks like Pelinka is going our be our POB and Ty Lue our coach.

1. Draft

Our position hasn't been decided yet, hopefully we move up to the top 4, but right now lets just say we stay at 11. This is a very weak draft, and LBJ don't have time to wait for rookies to develop and this pick might end up getting traded any way. We could go with a rim running big here, since this is a rim running big heavy draft, and players such as these really excel playing with Lebron, such as Jevale last year. We could also go for a shooter like Garland or Herro. My guess is that we go with Herro. He is currently in the 17-20 range in mock drafts, but I see his stock sky rocketing between now and draft day. He is going to measure better than the 6-4 wing span nba draft.net has him listed at. He is a perimeter oriented freshman shooting guard that doesn't really jump out of the gym, yet he averaged an impressive 4.5 rebounds per game in 32 minutes. Plus, he has shown that he is a very good defender. My point being he probably doesn't really have alligator arms. I think this would be a very good pick for the Lakers, since we need shooting any way and shooting is a premium asset in this league, so he wouldn't be hard to move either. Just as long as the Lakers don't take one of these mediocre three point shooting athletic wing player types. There seems to be a lot of them in this weak draft, much of the reason it is considered a weak draft imo.

2. Free Agency

The Lakers are going to have to make a decision on how they go about creating enough cap space to sign a 30% max free agent. As of right now, we are $1,618,899 short (assuming we draft at #11 and renounce every free agent except Bullock, who has a 4.75 million cap hold.) The Lakers could trade some combination of Hart/Wagner/Bonga, while taking back at least $1,618,899 less in salaries (hopefully just one of those players goes out for trade flexibility), or the Lakers could keep those players and renounce Bullock. This would be a tough decision imo. We traded a promising young shooter in Svi for Bullock, but we end up drafting a
Svi clone in Herro. But, you never have enough shooters. I think the Lakers end up opting to trade a young player to create the cap space and not renounce Bullock. A trade like this could be made on or around draft day. I could see the Lakers trading D.C. local hero Josh Hart over to the Wizards for a future second round pick and the trade exception from the Oubre trade. This could also be an opportunity for the Lakers to make good business relations with the Wizards, if Beal becomes available. Coincidentally, Hart plays the same position as Beal FWIW. As far as free agents go, the Lakers need to just hope for the best 30% max free agent player available. I will be honest with you, it just doesn't look too promising for us. But the Lakers might be able to pull something off. Kahwii, Klay, Kyrie, Kemba, Middleton, Harris, Dlo or Vucavic. Lakers would gladly give any of them max money. Hopefully, Just not Jimmy Butler, just due to him being a poor fit with Lebron and Zo. Lakers could then sign Bullock for lets say 4 years/ 40 million.

3. Trade

With Ball, BI, Kuz, Wagner, Bonga and Herro (unsigned) the Lakers could absorb up to $27,208,482 in salaries for trade purposes. AD and Beal both make $27,093,019. I know this is really threading the needle, but hopefully the Lakers have some real good capologists/ accountants, etc. on their staff to guarantee this. Another thing the Lakers could do is immediately sign Herro and agree in principal to a trade that wont be official until 30 days after Herro has signed. This would allow the Lakers to take back up to $31,200,162 by adding Herro's $3,991,320 cap hold. This would allow the Lakers to absorb players such as Lillard, McCollum and Love, though acquiring Lillard seems unlikely and giving all that up for McCollum or Love might be an over pay. Lakers might be better off keeping all those players instead of getting any body other than AD. Just for (bleep) and whistles, lets just say we are able to aquire AD. At that point, our roster would look like this:

PF-AD
SD-James
C-open
PG-open
SG-Kahwii?

At this point, it would be imperative to surround these guys with as many shooters as possible. Get the best available stretch 5. Lopez/Ded,on will be available. Hopefully could get Brook with the room exception.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Edit 6/15: Anthony Davis!!! Lakers got their man and are favorites to win the championship.

Edit 6/26: Pelinka was able to recover from his blunder and got Lakers max $32m (or close to max) cap space, albeit sending out additional players and 2nd round pick versus negotiating it in initial trade.

Here are options to fill out the roster.

1. Sign a max player. Kawhi is the no brainer to offer max to, if you can get him you do it. Kyrie is arguably on the list as well because of his past success with Lebron, relationship with AD, and comparable age with AD to form future Lakers duo. Other max players may not be worth it when the roster has so many holes.

2. Sign a 2nd tier free agent to a deal ranging from $20m-$22m Goal here is to have extra cap space to fill out roster with either a $10m-$12m player plus an MLE or two players for $10m-12m plus an MLE.

Max player - Kawhi or possibly Kyrie

$20m-$22m - D'Angelo Russell (RFA), Khris Middleton, Tobias Harris, Malcolm Brogdon (RFA)

$10m-$12m - KCP, Lopez brothers, Danny green, Randle, Mirotic, Ross, Rubio, Marcus Morris, Kanter, Thaddeus Young, Patrick Beverley

$4m-$6m (including MLE) - Seth Curry, Ed Davis, Nerlens Noel, Collison, Trevor Ariza, Rudy Gay, Jamychal Green, Mario Hezonja, Patrick Beverley, Willie Cauley-Stein, Reggie Bullock, Rodney Hood, Enes Kanter, Markieff Morris, Thomas Bryant, Dewayne Dedmon, Austin Rivers, Jabari Parker. Some may demand contract in higher bracket depending on market.

Minimum Consideration: Alex Caruso, Javale McGee, Cory Joseph, Mike Muscala, Kyle O'Quinn, Marquese Chriss, Wayne Ellington, Noah Vonleh, Christian Wood, Furkan Korkmaz, Richaun Holmes, Austin Rivers, TJ McConnell, Ivica Zubac, Kenneth Faried, Wesley Matthews, Nik Stauskas, Trevor Ariza, Rajon Rondo, JJ Redick, Jamal Crawford, Kyle Korver, JR Smith. Not all would take minimum but worth asking.

To rebuild our pool of young prospects, I would also want to target Noah Vonleh (24), Thomas Bryant (21-RFA), Marquese Chriss (22), Mario Hezonja (24), Furkan Korkmaz (22), Stanley Johnson (23), Christian Wood (24) are my targets. Guaranteed 3 year deals to have their full bird rights.

Rich Paul is our shadow GM, so here are some of his represented players: JR Smith, KCP, Markieff and Marcus Morris, Cory Joseph, Nerlens Noel.

Finally, just say no to Carmelo.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:46 pm; edited 10 times in total
autoprice
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: