JESSE BUSS for GM.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: JESSE BUSS for GM.

We need to start a movement to take back the lakers from
1. magic
2. jennie
3. rob
4. lebron


I always predict these things and I know that Jesse will eventually become the Lakers managing person.

5 missed payoffs enough is enough.
As laker fans we need to ppl writing articles to push for jesse buss in a leadership role instead of entitled baby #2

randle was amazing and instead we have kcp
dlo was talented instead we have lonzo

why is magic shipping all the talent away for trash?
he likes guys who are in his circle like kcp
i will never forgive him for letting randle go for 9 mill


we liquidate and move forward with ingram kuz hart and lebron
rest of these guys are rentals and garbage


Since when did we start shutting down half way through the season?
These guys should leave themselves oout of embarrassment.


Last edited by OdomGrab on Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 7951

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 4843
Location: Golden Gate Fields trying for the Trifecta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.

Process of elimination
_________________
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ#FREEALJR15๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"UNTIL ADELE STOPS RUNNING THE LAKERS WE WILL ALWAYS JUST BE Rolling in the deep" -STK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.


because the Dr. buss legacy should go to the kid that actually understands basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2017
Posts: 4843
Location: Golden Gate Fields trying for the Trifecta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

Ehhhh I'm over all of them to be honest
_________________
๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ#FREEALJR15๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ

"UNTIL ADELE STOPS RUNNING THE LAKERS WE WILL ALWAYS JUST BE Rolling in the deep" -STK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 611

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Ehhhh I'm over all of them to be honest

ill take jesse over a magic rob lebron luke combo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41307

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

I rather have Griffin or Hinkie
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 46761

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Count me out because in due time that will take care of itself.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
twisted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jun 2012
Posts: 1240

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Ryan West
_________________
โ€œGod knew they couldnโ€™t be on this Earth without each other. He had to bring them home to have them together.โ€ โ€“ Vanessa Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 39323
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.


He's doing a great job in charge of our scouting, but pretty sure he's not experienced enough for the GM role. Maybe more of a President of Basketball ops down the line. Or Cersei could step aside some time and he could take over that role.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 5768

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Re: JESSE BUSS for GM.

OdomGrab wrote:
We need to start a movement to take back the lakers from
1. magic
2. jennie
3. rob
4. lebron


I always predict these things and I know that Jesse will eventually become the Lakers managing person.

5 missed payoffs enough is enough.
As laker fans we need to ppl writing articles to push for jesse buss in a leadership role instead of entitled baby #2

randle was amazing and instead we have kcp
dlo was talented instead we have lonzo

why is magic shipping all the talent away for trash?
he likes guys who are in his circle like kcp
i will never forgive him for letting randle go for 9 mill


we liquidate and move forward with ingram kuz hart and lebron
rest of these guys are rentals and garbage


Since when did we start shutting down half way through the season?
These guys should leave themselves oout of embarrassment.

โ€œJennieโ€

โ€œI always predict these thingsโ€
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

I'd rather have most of the LG posters be the GM over Magic and Pelinka.

Not the ones who agreed to that idiotic trade... but almost everyone else.

So if Jesse Buss was anti Godfather trade... then by all means, sign him up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9674
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

OdomGrab wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
Ehhhh I'm over all of them to be honest

ill take jesse over a magic rob lebron luke combo.


Yeah and as soon as he is given the keys to the kingdom you will turn on him in an instant. You complainers are all alike!
_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9674
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re: JESSE BUSS for GM.

LuciusAllen wrote:
OdomGrab wrote:
We need to start a movement to take back the lakers from
1. magic
2. jennie
3. rob
4. lebron


I always predict these things and I know that Jesse will eventually become the Lakers managing person.

5 missed payoffs enough is enough.
As laker fans we need to ppl writing articles to push for jesse buss in a leadership role instead of entitled baby #2

randle was amazing and instead we have kcp
dlo was talented instead we have lonzo

why is magic shipping all the talent away for trash?
he likes guys who are in his circle like kcp
i will never forgive him for letting randle go for 9 mill


we liquidate and move forward with ingram kuz hart and lebron
rest of these guys are rentals and garbage


Since when did we start shutting down half way through the season?
These guys should leave themselves oout of embarrassment.

โ€œJennieโ€

โ€œI always predict these thingsโ€


I'm with you man, hilarious.
_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2008
Posts: 20618
Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Jesse's the one Buss kid who's actually overachieved since Doc passed away.

I'm not sure if GM or President of BB Ops would be his forte, but no question in my mind he knows talent when he sees it. As for the Front Office, we need someone more adept at running a competitive organization than Jeannie.

His older siblings need to all step aside and let better talent step in, but I'd like to see Jessie Buss stick around with the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MickMgl
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1987

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:51 am    Post subject:

Keep the Basketball Operations and the ownership separate. Jesse is more qualified than Jim ever was, but not by that much. It's just too much conflict of interest. If anything, Ryan West would be a better choice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 18906

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:05 am    Post subject:

Timing is important with this one. If you want to bring in a new person, that you hope to be a long term person, the dominoes should be set up for success. Many of us are feeling pretty negatively about future prospects at this point. LeBron getting older, lack of confidence that 2nd max free agent will sign with us, unsure about future coach, etc. The national media and Lakers fan base can be high demanding and at times, vicious. Jesse should come in when the situation has more potential.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 31435
Location: Manhattan

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 4:29 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Timing is important with this one. If you want to bring in a new person, that you hope to be a long term person, the dominoes should be set up for success. Many of us are feeling pretty negatively about future prospects at this point. LeBron getting older, lack of confidence that 2nd max free agent will sign with us, unsure about future coach, etc. The national media and Lakers fan base can be high demanding and at times, vicious. Jesse should come in when the situation has more potential.


If you want to be in a position of max flebility, lebron has to be traded. If that's not gonna happen, then we're stuck with current FO
_________________
Kobe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21867

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

Get that Houston guy or if you wanna high risk high reward, the Toronto dude. Pay them
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7698

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Get that Houston guy or if you wanna high risk high reward, the Toronto dude. Pay them



I don't think that Jeannie and the rest of the Lakers Family are ready to concede.


Last edited by Bard207 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21867

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Get that Houston guy or if you wanna high risk high reward, the Toronto dude. Pay them



I don't think that Jeannie and the rest of the Lakers Family is ready to concede.


This is GM, not ownership, then let Kobe be the non decision making figure head
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 27293
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

Everyone is talking about our current FO like we've already struck out in free agency.

This thread is premature.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7698

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Get that Houston guy or if you wanna high risk high reward, the Toronto dude. Pay them



I don't think that Jeannie and the rest of the Lakers Family are ready to concede.


This is GM, not ownership, then let Kobe be the non decision making figure head



Kobe would be above the GM?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 7951

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

OdomGrab wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.


because the Dr. buss legacy should go to the kid that actually understands basketball.


What are his qualifications though? How do we know he actually knows basketball and would be a good GM? Also, I hear it should be Jesse as bball ops president and Ryan West as GM. Ryan West was being groomed to be GM, butcThat still doesn't tell me what are Jesse's credentials....


Last edited by Outspoken on Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 7951

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.


He's doing a great job in charge of our scouting, but pretty sure he's not experienced enough for the GM role. Maybe more of a President of Basketball ops down the line. Or Cersei could step aside some time and he could take over that role.


How is his personality?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB