Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject:

Damn this was emotional:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8i0SEQNGpA
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Not playing for me but I was googling some highlights of his farewell. Nadal was an emotional wreck.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Not playing for me but I was googling some highlights of his farewell. Nadal was an emotional wreck.

Their 2008 Wimbledon Finals was one of the greatest tennis matches. Nadal would not be the player we know today if Federer wasn't there to push him to his limits.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:37 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUKtBG6JpLA

Yeah, looks like that one got blocked
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:59 am    Post subject:

Halep caught doping. Facing a 4 yr ban. She says she’s innocent. She says the truth will come out.

Apparently, she also got ringworms in the Dominican Republic.

Quote:
Former No. 1-ranked player Simona Halep has been provisionally suspended by the International Tennis Integrity Agency and faces a possible four-year ban from tennis after failing a drug test during the US Open.

The ITIA announced the suspension for Halep, a two-time Grand Slam champion who is currently No. 9 in the WTA rankings, on Friday, saying she tested positive for the banned substance roxadustat.

Saying she was "confused and betrayed" by the situation, Halep tweeted that she would start a "fight for the truth" and noted that her test showed "an extremely low quantity."

"I will fight until the end to prove that I never knowingly took any prohibited substance and I have faith that sooner or later, the truth will come out," Halep wrote.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

What she was caught taking was basically EPO. I don't believe her denial for an instant. We'll see, I guess.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:52 am    Post subject:

The Djoker is back in Australia:

Quote:
Reports: Novak Djokovic to be allowed to play Australian Open

MELBOURNE, Australia -- Novak Djokovic is set to be granted a visa to play in next year's Australian Open despite his high-profile deportation in January.

The Australian Broadcasting Corp. on Tuesday said it had confirmed newspaper reports that the immigration minister had overturned a potential three-year exclusion period for Djokovic.

The Australian Border Force has previously said an exclusion period could be waived in certain circumstances -- and that each case would be assessed on its merits.

Immigration Minister Andrew Giles' office declined comment on privacy grounds, meaning any announcement on Djokovic's visa status would have to come from the 35-year-old Serbian tennis star.

Let the chase continue:

Quote:
Career Grand Slams:

1) Nadal: 22
2) Djoker: 21
3) Federer: 20

4) Sampras: 14
5) Emerson: 12

6) Laver: 11
....Bjorn Borg: 11

8) Bill Tilden: 10

9) Fred Perry: 8
....Ken Rosewell: 8
....Jimmy Connors: 8
....Ivan Lendl: 8
....Agassi: 8
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Novak Djokovic ties Roger Federer with sixth ATP Finals title

TURIN, Italy -- Novak Djokovic claimed a record-equaling sixth ATP Finals title by beating the third-seeded Casper Ruud on Sunday to top a fantastic finish to the season for the Serb.

Djokovic won 7-5, 6-3 to secure his first title at the event since 2015 and match Roger Federer's record.

The 35-year-old Djokovic, who had lost his two previous finals at the event, raised his arms out and smiled broadly after sealing the match with an ace.

Djokovic became the oldest champion at the prestigious year-end tournament and also earned the largest payday in tennis history as he walked away with $4.7 million for claiming the ATP Finals trophy undefeated

Quote:
It was Ruud's fourth defeat in a major championship match this year after also losing finals at Miami, Roland Garros and the US Open. Ruud has never won a set against Djokovic in four meetings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12
Jump to: