Jason Kidd named Lakers Assistant Coach (Update: Hired as Mavericks Head Coach)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

VocabuLaker wrote:
Do not worry, It is not happening.

Is it Lue?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm surprised by the reactions in this thread. Like it or not, I thought Kidd was the most likely replacement for Walton.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm surprised by the reactions in this thread. Like it or not, I thought Kidd was the most likely replacement for Walton.

What is your basis/reasoning for Kidd being the most likely replacement?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

The current leadership's MO, plus Kidd's relationship with Lebron. Some bookie put out odds on this. Kidd was the clear favorite, with only Mark Jackson close. It may not happen, of course, but it should come as a surprise to no one that Kidd is in the mix.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

The current leadership's MO, plus Kidd's relationship with Lebron. Some bookie put out odds on this. Kidd was the clear favorite, with only Mark Jackson close. It may not happen, of course, but it should come as a surprise to no one that Kidd is in the mix.

Thank you

The appeasement of LeBron by the FO/leadership will continue until the end of his contract?
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Damn disgusting
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Avery Johnson?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Thank you

The appeasement of LeBron by the FO/leadership will continue until the end of his contract?

Have you noticed that there is a dysfunctional relationship between Lebron and the psyche of Laker Nation? On the one hand, we (in the broad plural sense) worry that Lebron will have too much influence over the direction of the team. On the other hand, we are counting on Lebron to land us a big fish this summer. We go back and forth between gloating about having Klutch on our side and vilifying Klutch. If this was a romantic relationship, all of our friends would be telling us to break it off.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ABK (anyone but Kidd)
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
ABK (anyone but Kidd)

Yep. Will take Luke over Kidd.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Thank you

Have you noticed that there is a dysfunctional relationship between Lebron and the psyche of Laker Nation? On the one hand, we (in the broad plural sense) worry that Lebron will have too much influence over the direction of the team. On the other hand, we are counting on Lebron to land us a big fish this summer. We go back and forth between gloating about having Klutch on our side and vilifying Klutch. If this was a romantic relationship, all of our friends would be telling us to break it off.

That's how fans are in general and it can change on a game by game basis.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

Curious if FO actually chooses to hire Kidd, will all this negative passion against Kidd be considered "rooting against the Lakers" and being "haters"?

Most of these comments sound familiar to the comments about Walton.

Kidd is not my favorite choice. But in all honesty I do not have one. I have no clue what the Laker FO is planning. What is the team identity they are going for? Defensive? Offensive? Tough? Finesse? Rebuild? Win now? What is the overall plan, short and long term?

I'm not sure the FO has a clue either. All I hear is "we have James, we need another max player, then all the pieces fall magically into place".

Until ownership and FO can figure out what type of team the Lakers are going to be, does it really matter who is in the HC chair? It is the guy that James approves of and will hopefully play hard for and the FO can sell the fans that they are doing something. Kidd likely fits that description as much as anyone.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Good. Just burn it all down.

Coach Jason Kidd
Jimmy Butler 4 year max
Fill out the roster with garbage
Continue to have no idea what to do to improve the young guys on the team.
Miss playoffs again.

If the only way out of this nightmare is the most spectacular fail possible, then bring it on.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Coach Jason Kidd
Jimmy Butler 4 year max
Miss playoffs again.

If the only way out of this nightmare is the most spectacular fail possible, then bring it on.

Lol you must be a sadist.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

This simply can’t be real, if anything I hope someone is feeding this to woj so we can scoop up our real HC targets.. so basically this has to be a agent work or a smokescreen.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Kidd and Jackson hanging around like vultures...
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

NOOooOOOooOOoOooO
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Kidd would fit their MO of finding ways to prioritize brand and marketing over basketball substance. Milwaukee put Pruitny in charge because they couldn't get Kidd out fast enough.

If the fail to land a star this summer they'll punt for Davis. If they fail on Davis they will say Kidd gives them inroads with Gianni's. More punting
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/345002617874837504

Magic Johnson wrote:
My hat goes off to the Nets Ownership and GM Billy King for giving Jason Kidd the opportunity to coach their franchise.

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/425707440601329664

Magic Johnson wrote:
Coach Kidd has the Nets playing at a high level on offense and defense. Point Guard Deron Williams makes everybody on the Nets better!

https://twitter.com/MagicJohnson/status/821532987699314688

Magic Johnson wrote:
I enjoy watching the Milwaukee Bucks. Future Hall of Famer Jason Kidd is doing a great job coaching his young Bucks team!

Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject:

I find it interesting that Woj was the point man for revealing all things pro-Celtics and anti-Lakers throughout the trade deadline period and now he's a Lakers insider? Unfortunately, Woj aside, this is now wading into multiple occasions of public speculation about Kidd as the Lakers choice to replace Luke. I don't quite follow how Magic or anyone else could attempt to sell the fans on that move as part of building a title contender. JKidd isn't exactly looking the part of a championship level nba head coach especially with Budenholzer's version of the Bucks promptly tearing up the league with mostly the same roster. But, regardless of their logic behind thinking Kidd is the answer, this rumor apparently has legs. Sigh...
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:52 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

People are reacting this way because it's a bad thing. Like people freaking out before the Titanic slowly careened into the glacier.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Coach Jason Kidd
Jimmy Butler 4 year max
Miss playoffs again.

I've been mentally preparing myself for this as it has grown more apparent that this front office has no strategy other than chase big names.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Curious if FO actually chooses to hire Kidd, will all this negative passion against Kidd be considered "rooting against the Lakers" and being "haters"?

Most of these comments sound familiar to the comments about Walton.

Kidd is not my favorite choice. But in all honesty I do not have one. I have no clue what the Laker FO is planning. What is the team identity they are going for? Defensive? Offensive? Tough? Finesse? Rebuild? Win now? What is the overall plan, short and long term?

I'm not sure the FO has a clue either. All I hear is "we have James, we need another max player, then all the pieces fall magically into place".

Until ownership and FO can figure out what type of team the Lakers are going to be, does it really matter who is in the HC chair? It is the guy that James approves of and will hopefully play hard for and the FO can sell the fans that they are doing something. Kidd likely fits that description as much as anyone.

Great post. At least near the end of Mitch and Jim we knew with Walton we were aiming for a GS clone. Then they panicked and wasted the salaries on those two guys who shall not be named. I thought up until last year that the plan was still the same GS clone and try to make room for two max. Then this last summer Bron comes and everything goes down the toilet. No one knows anything except oh no Bron is old!!! We have to fumble around and get another star!! Right. It’s not like he’s Birthday was hidden bro! What kind of team are we trying to build? Run and gun shooters? Well we got one or two runners and zero shooters. Figure that out first and stop pivoting aimlessly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15
Jump to: