Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86, 87  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50939
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:18 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Watched house of the dragon yesterday...If I'm being honest, it's hard to relate to or care about these new characters. We were so attached to the original GoT cast, and there's no real connection to the new ones. I'll still continue to watch though.


It didn't help that none of the characters were in any way likable (though it certainly was to be expected from Dany's arc in GoT). You got sucked into GoT because the Starks were good people and Ned was a hand with honor. There were people to root for right off the bat.

I'm going to stick with it because there is some promising interest in what Rhaenys, the scorned potential heir will do. They key will be how Rhaenyra plays out, if they can avoid making her Dany II, that has some potential.

I will say though that Matt Smith is great (to be expected).
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50939
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Watched house of the dragon yesterday...If I'm being honest, it's hard to relate to or care about these new characters. We were so attached to the original GoT cast, and there's no real connection to the new ones. I'll still continue to watch though.


I felt the same way. The first episode of GoT introduced the audience to characters like Tyrion, Arya, Ned, & Jon. They were all characters I liked from the start.

In HoD I'm not sure who to root for other than Rhaenyra.


Ha. I should have read one more post, yes, this exactly.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5287

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.


Might throw this on this weekend - any good?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.


Might throw this on this weekend - any good?


I like it. 1 - 10 I give it 8. I won't reveal the plot. I'll just say it's not just about baseball.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:32 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.


Might throw this on this weekend - any good?


I like it. 1 - 10 I give it 8. I won't reveal the plot. I'll just say it's not just about baseball. It's more about self discovery and acceptance.

They've already starting to write season II
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 27343
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:06 pm    Post subject:

See is good. Very very good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 22419

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:20 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Watched house of the dragon yesterday...If I'm being honest, it's hard to relate to or care about these new characters. We were so attached to the original GoT cast, and there's no real connection to the new ones. I'll still continue to watch though.


I felt the same way. The first episode of GoT introduced the audience to characters like Tyrion, Arya, Ned, & Jon. They were all characters I liked from the start.

In HoD I'm not sure who to root for other than Rhaenyra.


Ha. I should have read one more post, yes, this exactly.


The 2nd episode is very good, very GOT twist and turn ish. They have the little finger/back stabber character, the dragon lady character, the unpopular ruler... same recipe, I like it

BTW, you guys like LOR on Amazon prime? I think it's great too, big budget feel.

These two shows with industry is what I'm following right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.


Might throw this on this weekend - any good?


I like it. 1 - 10 I give it 8. I won't reveal the plot. I'll just say it's not just about baseball. It's more about self discovery and acceptance.

They've already starting to write season II


Did you watch A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 22419

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LOL, just like the tv show:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gang-rogue-police-baltimore-cost-180511226.html

A Gang of Rogue Police in Baltimore Cost the City More Than $15 Million
Keith Reed
Wed, September 7, 2022, 2:05 PM

These undated photos provided by the Baltimore Police Department show, from top left, Daniel Hersl, Evodio Hendrix, Jemell Rayam, Marcus Taylor, and from bottom left, Maurice Ward, Momodu Gando, Wayne Jenkins and Thomas Allers. Once members of the department’s now-disbanded Gun Trace Task Force, all eight men have been convicted of federal racketeering charges. A state commission is focusing on providing as much clarity as possible about how orchestrated corruption in the department went undetected for years.

The long-term cost of the Baltimore Police Department’s notorious and disgraced Gun Trace Task Force to taxpayers just jumped by more than half a million dollars, the result of a newly-approved settlement with one of the gang’s victims.

I’m using the word “gang” here intentionally, to denote that the task force wasn’t just a group of rogue officers, but a corrupt, violent and organized group that terrorized neighborhoods, made money by stealing and selling drugs and banded together under a common uniform and name. In any other setting, law enforcement would’ve labeled them a gang, clique or even a mafia—and since words matter, we’ll call them what they are.

That aside, this specific gang that operated within the BPD has now cost the city north of $15 million as officials there continue to dole out payments for their reign of terror. This morning, the Baltimore Sun reported, the city’s powerful Board of Estimates unanimously approved a $575,000 settlement with a man named Darnell Earl, who spent 18 months in jail as the result of an encounter with three members of the gang.

Earl was a passenger in a car in October 2015 in the 1900 block of Monument Street that was stopped by police officers Marcus Taylor, Evodio Hendrix and Wayne Jenkins, according to Deputy Solicitor Ebony Thompson. Following the stop, the officers said they found a firearm under Earl’s seat. Earl had prior convictions for illegal possession of a gun and was charged with multiple firearms-related offenses as a result of the stop. He pleaded guilty to one charge, law officials said.

After revelations that the task force routinely violated people’s rights and stole drugs and money using the authority of their badge, Taylor, Hendrix and Jenkins pleaded guilty to federal charges. Earl’s conviction, along with many others related to the force, was vacated due to credibility issues with the officers.

Earl sued the department in 2020, alleging numerous violations of state and federal law, arguing there was no probable cause for the traffic stop and that the gun was planted in the vehicle by the officers.

Several members of the disbanded group, including two of the three officers involved, are still in prison for offenses ranging from robbing drug dealers to conspiracy to planting fake evidence on people who were later charged and convicted. The longest sentence went to Jenkins, who’s doing 25 years in federal prison in Kentucky. Thomas Allers, the former leader of the gang, id doing 15 years, but according to the Sun, is still receiving a pension from the city.

If that’s not enough, four more lawsuits related to the gang’s activity are still pending against the city, which means more taxpayer cash is likely to be spent to compensate their victims, even as the city faces a potentially expensive crisis in dealing with dangerous e. coli bacteria in its water system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 89966
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:37 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LOL, just like the tv show:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gang-rogue-police-baltimore-cost-180511226.html

A Gang of Rogue Police in Baltimore Cost the City More Than $15 Million
Keith Reed
Wed, September 7, 2022, 2:05 PM

These undated photos provided by the Baltimore Police Department show, from top left, Daniel Hersl, Evodio Hendrix, Jemell Rayam, Marcus Taylor, and from bottom left, Maurice Ward, Momodu Gando, Wayne Jenkins and Thomas Allers. Once members of the department’s now-disbanded Gun Trace Task Force, all eight men have been convicted of federal racketeering charges. A state commission is focusing on providing as much clarity as possible about how orchestrated corruption in the department went undetected for years.

The long-term cost of the Baltimore Police Department’s notorious and disgraced Gun Trace Task Force to taxpayers just jumped by more than half a million dollars, the result of a newly-approved settlement with one of the gang’s victims.

I’m using the word “gang” here intentionally, to denote that the task force wasn’t just a group of rogue officers, but a corrupt, violent and organized group that terrorized neighborhoods, made money by stealing and selling drugs and banded together under a common uniform and name. In any other setting, law enforcement would’ve labeled them a gang, clique or even a mafia—and since words matter, we’ll call them what they are.

That aside, this specific gang that operated within the BPD has now cost the city north of $15 million as officials there continue to dole out payments for their reign of terror. This morning, the Baltimore Sun reported, the city’s powerful Board of Estimates unanimously approved a $575,000 settlement with a man named Darnell Earl, who spent 18 months in jail as the result of an encounter with three members of the gang.

Earl was a passenger in a car in October 2015 in the 1900 block of Monument Street that was stopped by police officers Marcus Taylor, Evodio Hendrix and Wayne Jenkins, according to Deputy Solicitor Ebony Thompson. Following the stop, the officers said they found a firearm under Earl’s seat. Earl had prior convictions for illegal possession of a gun and was charged with multiple firearms-related offenses as a result of the stop. He pleaded guilty to one charge, law officials said.

After revelations that the task force routinely violated people’s rights and stole drugs and money using the authority of their badge, Taylor, Hendrix and Jenkins pleaded guilty to federal charges. Earl’s conviction, along with many others related to the force, was vacated due to credibility issues with the officers.

Earl sued the department in 2020, alleging numerous violations of state and federal law, arguing there was no probable cause for the traffic stop and that the gun was planted in the vehicle by the officers.

Several members of the disbanded group, including two of the three officers involved, are still in prison for offenses ranging from robbing drug dealers to conspiracy to planting fake evidence on people who were later charged and convicted. The longest sentence went to Jenkins, who’s doing 25 years in federal prison in Kentucky. Thomas Allers, the former leader of the gang, id doing 15 years, but according to the Sun, is still receiving a pension from the city.

If that’s not enough, four more lawsuits related to the gang’s activity are still pending against the city, which means more taxpayer cash is likely to be spent to compensate their victims, even as the city faces a potentially expensive crisis in dealing with dangerous e. coli bacteria in its water system.


You do realize the tv show was based on this real unit?
_________________
“We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.” ― Elie Wiesel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50939
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

A big Eff-You to whoever green light that blasphemous Quantum Leap reboot.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has aired 6 of 10 episodes. It's a battle of families who want to control empires. Incest is an accepted way of life. It's interesting. Queen against Princess.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 27343
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:09 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has aired 6 of 10 episodes. It's a battle of families who want to control empires. Incest is an accepted way of life. It's interesting. Queen against Princess.


Ya, it's good. I'm watching it every week.

Have you checked out LOTR? I wonder if it's good.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has aired 6 of 10 episodes. It's a battle of families who want to control empires. Incest is an accepted way of life. It's interesting. Queen against Princess.


Ya, it's good. I'm watching it every week.

Have you checked out LOTR? I wonder if it's good.

No. I'll check later.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 29474

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has aired 6 of 10 episodes. It's a battle of families who want to control empires. Incest is an accepted way of life. It's interesting. Queen against Princess.


Ya, it's good. I'm watching it every week.

Have you checked out LOTR? I wonder if it's good.


Visually it looks like they spent a fortune making the show. Casting isn't bad but none of the actors have any screen presence or charisma. I'll watch it on account of being a fantasy/sci-fi fiend but it's very, very easy for me to hit the pause button and find something else to do.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5287

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.


Might throw this on this weekend - any good?


I like it. 1 - 10 I give it 8. I won't reveal the plot. I'll just say it's not just about baseball. It's more about self discovery and acceptance.

They've already starting to write season II


Did you watch A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN?


No I did not I actually ended up rewatching season 1 of Westworld so I can finally watch the other seasons. It is definitely on the list though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 22419

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:14 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
HOUSE OF THE DRAGON has aired 6 of 10 episodes. It's a battle of families who want to control empires. Incest is an accepted way of life. It's interesting. Queen against Princess.


Ya, it's good. I'm watching it every week.

Have you checked out LOTR? I wonder if it's good.


Visually it looks like they spent a fortune making the show. Casting isn't bad but none of the actors have any screen presence or charisma. I'll watch it on account of being a fantasy/sci-fi fiend but it's very, very easy for me to hit the pause button and find something else to do.


It's good, not as 'adult' as HOD but feels big budgety
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 10 Dec 2006
Posts: 50939
Location: Making a safety stop at 15 feet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Is anyone watching A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN? Nothing like the original. The title for me was deceiving.


Might throw this on this weekend - any good?


I like it. 1 - 10 I give it 8. I won't reveal the plot. I'll just say it's not just about baseball. It's more about self discovery and acceptance.

They've already starting to write season II


Did you watch A LEAGUE OF THEIR OWN?


No I did not I actually ended up rewatching season 1 of Westworld so I can finally watch the other seasons. It is definitely on the list though.


The first season is the only one to watch. Goes way too over the top and moves away from the really interesting stuff after that.
_________________
You thought God was an architect, now you know
He’s something like a pipe bomb ready to blow
And everything you built that’s all for show
goes up in flames
In 24 frames


Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Anyone watching Star Wars Andor?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Posts: 2902
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anyone watching Star Wars Andor?


I am. I will say that I didn't care for Rogue One at all so I didn't have any expectations for this. But so far it's pretty good. It's interesting to see the beginning seeds of the Rebel alliance from the point of view of normal citizens who don't have any connection to the Force or special powers. I think Star Wars needs to go away from that stuff because that well is pretty dry by now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Triumph wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Anyone watching Star Wars Andor?


I am. I will say that I didn't care for Rogue One at all so I didn't have any expectations for this. But so far it's pretty good. It's interesting to see the beginning seeds of the Rebel alliance from the point of view of normal citizens who don't have any connection to the Force or special powers. I think Star Wars needs to go away from that stuff because that well is pretty dry by now.


Same plot, with different characters. I see where you're going, everyday people going against those with powers. It's still DEFEAT THE EMPIRE!!! with a different different attack plan.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 22419

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:49 am    Post subject:

Amazon Prime Alternatino vs Netflix Mo… so stupid, I like them lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Amazon Prime Alternatino vs Netflix Mo… so stupid, I like them lol


Netflix has a larger movie library but they don't have TNF.

You can search for Netflix movies on Prime. You'll find many of them. Some are free some are rent or buy.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.


Last edited by jodeke on Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 61474
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:49 pm    Post subject:

House of the Dragon has more twists and turns than the Yellow Brick Road. Princess Rhaenyra is a survivor. Any who stand in her way stand on a path of death even Laenor. Is he dead or did he survive Qarl's attack? Is he the father of Rhaenyra's children of is Daemon?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 85 of 87
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB