Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
11%
 11%  [ 52 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 252 ]
Neutral
33%
 33%  [ 156 ]
Total Votes : 460

Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 43423

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:50 am    Post subject:

Frank Vogel, Anthony Davis Confident Lakers Frontcourt Can Match Up With Big Centers

https://lakersnation.com/frank-vogel-anthony-davis-confident-lakers-frontcourt-match-up-big-centers/2021/02/22/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5130

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:10 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Frank Vogel, Anthony Davis Confident Lakers Frontcourt Can Match Up With Big Centers

https://lakersnation.com/frank-vogel-anthony-davis-confident-lakers-frontcourt-match-up-big-centers/2021/02/22/

dey aint lyin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 5651

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject:

Anyone ask Frank why Trezz was a DNP in OT?
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:02 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Anyone ask Frank why Trezz was a DNP in OT?

Yes, he was worried about robin lopez scoring on trezz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 30 Mar 2016
Posts: 321

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject:

Trez was our best player tonight. You got to have him on the court
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1834

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:00 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Anyone ask Frank why Trezz was a DNP in OT?

Yes, he was worried about robin lopez scoring on trezz


You have to roll with the hot hand, specially with how were struggling scoring and being short handed. He should have been there in during OT. Could have used his energy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:07 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Anyone ask Frank why Trezz was a DNP in OT?

Yes, he was worried about robin lopez scoring on trezz


You have to roll with the hot hand, specially with how were struggling scoring and being short handed. He should have been there in during OT. Could have used his energy.

Of course, it was a bad decision, how many points can Lopez score anyways?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 1834

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:27 am    Post subject:

Also I know he has done this with Lebron’s minutes all season... But without AD and even Schro he needs to mix up his minutes. I think it will benefit him letting him play 8-10 minutes in the 1st and 3rd quarter. Instead of taking him out each mid quarter only to insert him back in to finish each quarter. I just feel like when he comes back to finish 1st and 3rd, even with a break he is still not getting enough rest because he has to start the 2nd and 4th. Then if it’s a tight game in the 4th, you can’t really afford to sit him that long.

Insert him back in at the 7-8min. mark in the 2nd/4th, and let him finish strong. This should give him about 6-8 minutes extended rest between each quarter and he might have fresher legs to finish the the half and the game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1889

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject:

I'm not feeling his rotation and leadership right now. Tht needs to be our 2nd pg. Caruso should never be the lead guard. Trezz doesn't get enough minutes. Offense is too predictable in the 4th quarter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 18094

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:47 am    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
I'm not feeling his rotation and leadership right now. Tht needs to be our 2nd pg. Caruso should never be the lead guard. Trezz doesn't get enough minutes. Offense is too predictable in the 4th quarter.


Who should be the 2nd PG if not AC with DS out?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1889

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
I'm not feeling his rotation and leadership right now. Tht needs to be our 2nd pg. Caruso should never be the lead guard. Trezz doesn't get enough minutes. Offense is too predictable in the 4th quarter.


Who should be the 2nd PG if not AC with DS out?
gotta groom tht....he has the ability to go anywhere on the court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Feb 2012
Posts: 3093

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:54 pm    Post subject:

LakersPimp wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
I'm not feeling his rotation and leadership right now. Tht needs to be our 2nd pg. Caruso should never be the lead guard. Trezz doesn't get enough minutes. Offense is too predictable in the 4th quarter.


Who should be the 2nd PG if not AC with DS out?
gotta groom tht....he has the ability to go anywhere on the court.


THT is no where near ready for that responsibility. Guy can’t defend a single play. He turns the ball over at a high rate. He’s got some nice skills but he’s still way raw. He simply hasn’t earned those minutes.
_________________
Author of James Harden and the Strip Club


"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 1889

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
governator wrote:
LakersPimp wrote:
I'm not feeling his rotation and leadership right now. Tht needs to be our 2nd pg. Caruso should never be the lead guard. Trezz doesn't get enough minutes. Offense is too predictable in the 4th quarter.


Who should be the 2nd PG if not AC with DS out?
gotta groom tht....he has the ability to go anywhere on the court.


THT is no where near ready for that responsibility. Guy can’t defend a single play. He turns the ball over at a high rate. He’s got some nice skills but he’s still way raw. He simply hasn’t earned those minutes.
well what is the alternative.... Caruso? He is a very useful guard...but not one who can consistently initiate plays or get create when plays break down. Tht usually plays off ball when Caruso is in the game...that's so backwards. That's usually why lebron comes back in the game...and then he does the hold the ball while rolodexing the plays of every teams playbook....then jacks up a shot. Clearly there aren't many offensive sets because without a very creative creator....we have no offense.
Without DS and AD was a time to really get creative...but I think vogel wasted that opportunity and played it safe...just lean on lebron harder. That's what dantoni did to kobe.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PASTOR RILEY
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 Dec 2019
Posts: 3403

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Anyone wonder why he keeps playing Matthew so many minutes 26 minutes and zero points. Smh at this coach rotation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 54702

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

Yesterday was a Frank Vogel win. The Lakers were not the more potent team on offense, but because of their defensive brilliance, won it out. You do not see too many teams still win games that way, nowadays. It's a lot of outscoring and out3 point shooting you style.

We played a lot of quality defensive possessions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 5130

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject:

PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Anyone wonder why he keeps playing Matthew so many minutes 26 minutes and zero points. Smh at this coach rotation

trying to get him off. hes not too old and has had good play in spurts post injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2948
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
PASTOR RILEY wrote:
Anyone wonder why he keeps playing Matthew so many minutes 26 minutes and zero points. Smh at this coach rotation

trying to get him off. hes not too old and has had good play in spurts post injury.


Yup, it's a coach that's letting his proven veterans play through slumps and show his confidence is still fully there. You could say the same thing about KCP as well this season but look what happened last season in the bubble after a miserable start. The team and coaching staff told him to keep shooting and he'll be fine.

I can promise you when the season is on the line in a Playoff series the leash will get much shorter for any of the role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Sep 2012
Posts: 5651

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Vogel F U
_________________
Marcellus Wiley
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 1064

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Vogel strikes me as a coach who relies heavily on preparation, the players also spoke highly of Vogel's attention to detail when preparing the team for games. Perhaps he just isn't great with 'surprises' and adjusting on the fly, especially with key guys out. That may also be why he prefers sticking with a somewhat fixed rotation as that's what he trusts most.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 4471

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Stop rewarding guys with consistent minutes for poor play, example KCP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Playing Dudley and Kieff at center when you have Trezz is unacceptable, they are not AD and shouldn’t be used as AD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2948
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Stop rewarding guys with consistent minutes for poor play, example KCP


Yeah, he should have seen early on not only was KCP struggling but he was just completely mentally checked out of this one. His missed shots were only a small part of his awful game tonight. I get sticking with guys completely but it doesnt mean you cant limit minutes some games. He couldn't save a basketball without standing on the line and messing it up tonight. He also over exaggerated the contact he got late in the fourth and caused that Morris turnover instead of getting an easy 2. Him and Wes were both brutal to watch tonight.

Maybe Jones back was affecting him or something but honestly there is still no way in hell Dudley should be getting double digit minutes against a good team in a non blowout game. He's like that kid everyone knows is hands down the worst player by a large margin but they feel bad for him because he's a good dude. Love the effort but damn he's an awful basketball player especially with that many minutes. He had 11 minutes while Harrell had 19 and Jones had 7?

It was a weird game due to the injuries and everything else that happened during the game so i'll just chalk it up as an ugly loss but the Lakers really should have won this once Booker got ejected and Vogel didn't help them at all. This was def. one of those very frustrating kind of losses to say the least because it could have just as easily went our way with a few changes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 2948
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:48 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Playing Dudley and Kieff at center when you have Trezz is unacceptable, they are not AD and shouldn’t be used as AD


Yeah, I was yelling at my tv especially in the first half when he decided to sub Dudley in at center when Ayton was still in.. tf? Somehow the Lakers lucked out and it didn't bite them as bad as it could have like it did in the second half but it was still a very head scratching moment to say the least. Kieff was at least on fire most of the night and having a solid all around game.

The way Saric of all guys dominated us for that stretch was pretty embarrassing as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 8526

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Vogel’s explanation of not playing Trezz and Jones- “we try to match up with their second unit with saric at center”
I bet saric can’t out run Trezz, nor can he back him down. Also I doubt Saric wants any part of Trezz down low
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BandwagonLBJhopper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 07 Feb 2020
Posts: 863

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Hell Jones is more mobile than Dudley if matching up is his excuse.

That’s inexcusable by Vogel. Unacceptable. He is a stubborn ass with his rotations at times - dude needs to wake up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127  Next
Page 123 of 127
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB