Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject:

Who’s better— Vogel or Thibbs?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Vogel by far.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

Defintely Vogel....defensively we've been pretty good as a team, offensively the team is getting wide open shots and bricking a ton, that's on the players
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:04 am    Post subject:

av3773 wrote:
Defintely Vogel....defensively we've been pretty good as a team, offensively the team is getting wide open shots and bricking a ton, that's on the players

we are getting wide open shots because the opponents wontedly leaving them open. not because of the plays vogel is drawing.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject:

Vogel is a dummy.

He waited until yesterday to preach moving without the basketball when even LG users have been pointing this out. While we are getting "open" shots these shots are incredibly diffilcut to hit because they come at the end of the shot clock and not within a flow of an offense. Everyone standing around, not touching the ball for hours and then you are expected to make 3s?

Gasol said we needed to swing the ball faster, how many times have we mentioned this here in LG? Vogel is the only one not noticing.

Its (bleep) simple. LeBron needs to become a scorer instead of holding and pounding the ball and same with Dennis. Rotate the ball, let guys like kuzma get into the game by attacking the close out, shooting the 3 in rhythm or swinging the ball to the next man.

Try to get out on transition.

Be physical, LeBron needs to hunt booker and cp3 on offense and post them up. We need to spread the floor instead of playing "big".

on defense our guys are recovering slow to the 3pt shooters, we need to switch everything and if they beat us on iso so be it.

All we see is pick and roll with everyone standing pat. This is too easy to defend.

Its mordern basketball, play with flow thats your best play maker.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:00 am    Post subject:

PG.LeBron
SG.KCP
SF.Kuzma
PF.Morris
C.Gasol

lets see where they going to hide their midgets
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Vogel got completely outclassed by Monty in Game 5. You can't say AD is the reason we lost by 30. That was a tactical failure.
LakersPimp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject:

scout_0 wrote:
Vogel is a dummy.

He waited until yesterday to preach moving without the basketball when even LG users have been pointing this out. While we are getting "open" shots these shots are incredibly diffilcut to hit because they come at the end of the shot clock and not within a flow of an offense. Everyone standing around, not touching the ball for hours and then you are expected to make 3s?

Gasol said we needed to swing the ball faster, how many times have we mentioned this here in LG? Vogel is the only one not noticing.

Its (bleep) simple. LeBron needs to become a scorer instead of holding and pounding the ball and same with Dennis. Rotate the ball, let guys like kuzma get into the game by attacking the close out, shooting the 3 in rhythm or swinging the ball to the next man.

Try to get out on transition.

Be physical, LeBron needs to hunt booker and cp3 on offense and post them up. We need to spread the floor instead of playing "big".

on defense our guys are recovering slow to the 3pt shooters, we need to switch everything and if they beat us on iso so be it.

All we see is pick and roll with everyone standing pat. This is too easy to defend.

Its mordern basketball, play with flow thats your best play maker.
💯 we are very predictable...and due to the brilliance of our healthy stars...we can win....but the dropoff when they sit is due to the lack of everything you mentioned. So easy to see...and fix if it's seen as an issue
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:22 pm    Post subject:

I have lost faith in Vogel. He really has not clue how to use this team and insisted on playing bad line-ups.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
I have lost faith in Vogel. He really has not clue how to use this team and insisted on playing bad line-ups.

Vogel just playing the cards Pelinka dealt him.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

No one is forcing him to play Drummond. Trezz > Drummond.

The lakers have no clue how to counter a post double team and that is on the coach, not the FO.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Vogel will likely ink a extension this summer, I don’t see a scenario were the FO has a change of heart, injuries will be the excuse game by the Organization.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers should shorter their rotation

Start:
Drummond: rebounding
Kuzma: fastbreak, back-door
LeBron: everything
THT: scoring
KCP: 2nd playmaker

Bench
Gasol: when Ayton is on court
Harrell: when Ayton is off
Morris: play with Harrell only
Matthews: sub LeBron and THT
Caruso: sub KCP and THT
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

The lakers have no clue how to counter a post double team and that is on the coach, not the FO.

This is not on Vogel. This is on Pelinka. How do you allow Avery Bradley, Rondo, Danny Green, Javale McGee and Dwight just all go like that and drastically alter the chemistry of a championship team. Pelinka deserves the blame here.
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

This is not on Vogel. This is on Pelinka. How do you allow Avery Bradley, Rondo, Danny Green, Javale McGee and Dwight just all go like that and drastically alter the chemistry of a championship team. Pelinka deserves the blame here.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:56 pm    Post subject:

I was sick seeing Schroder stood at their perimeter didn’t take wide open 3s, didn’t penetrate and kept passing the ball purposelessly
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
I was sick seeing Schroder stood at their perimeter didn’t take wide open 3s, didn’t penetrate and kept passing the ball purposelessly

With his speed he should be breaking down the defense or slowing up and getting a foul. Instead he gets blocked more times than not.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:
Sina wrote:

With his speed he should be breaking down the defense or slowing up and getting a foul. Instead he gets blocked more times than not.

It doesn’t matter if we can’t make 3s, lane is closed for a small guy like him. Let’s just say KCP or whoever starts to make 3s, those driving lanes will be open. DS is useless without shooters. Actually lebron is also very ineffective without shooters.
All we have to watch is if our role players make open 3s in game 6, we don’t have a chance if they dont make them.
Take last year for example, we ran teams out of the building when lLCP /DG makes open 3s because it opens up driving lanes for lebron and less double for AD. When they were not making them, we struggle and lost some games but also won some due to lebron being Superman.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:50 am    Post subject:

I think it's a bit different/more than the obvious chicken-and-egg of Lakers cant shoot the 3 and there are no driving lanes.
Last year there were 2 guys that would draw double-teams or at least force a defense to hedge: AD & Lebron, today there are 0. (Lebron is NOT the Lebron of last year - no way no how). The ability to distort the opposing defense is what's severely lacking this year. DS can't do it because teams just give him the open 3 and pack the paint.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm    Post subject:

i can't blame vogel much. LBJ is gimpy, AD is out AGAIN and no one can hit the side of a barn from 3 - even when WIDE OPEN! What's frank supposed to do? shoot the 3's himself?

i guess he can play harrell a bit more. at least the guy will try. maybe some run at the 4? he can't hit a 3 to save his life though.

i mean we were chucking countless lobs cross court every game last year. what the heck happened? dudes can't run down court anymore (or catch offensive rebounds to get out in transition)?

yeah, i agree with some here. we should have done some tweaks maybe, but basically kept the roster in tact to "run it back". rondo was as good as gone though, salary wise.

dennis was sure enticing for danny and a pick. hard to turn down.

and yeah, we should have kept javale in retrospect. he was a recipient of those cross court lobs on a regular basis.

dwight? what went down was on dwight just as much as anyone.
scout_0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:51 am    Post subject:

I laugh at the excuses people keep making for this guy.

He did not use our players the right way from the start.

In modern NBA you can not play

Caruso (main play maker)
THT (0 outside shooting)
Kuzma (0 outside shooting and no1 to playmake for his cuts)
Morris
Harrell (undersized)

and expect to build something.

Now he is not playing trez because the numbers tell him to... LMAO

I am a Data Scientist and numbers are like a detective using dna evidence... You use it to find clues, it doesn't tell you who the criminal really is.

In this case the criminal is vogel.

He then thought it would be smart to post up andre drummond... in the modern NBA you don't post up. How many times have you seen ayton post up? ALL his points come off the pick and roll or on the move! Why was Dwifht so successful in his role last year?

Not bringing dennis off the bench when he clearly looks uncomfortable next to bron and ad and then you want to throw in drummond the paint clogger.

You are setting up your players for failure.

Trez should of been our starting C next to Davis.

LeBron our Point guard.

Dennis our C.Payne off the bench.

Kuzma had to be feature MORE. Of course he is going to suck out there, he was asked all season to become bruce bowen when thats not his strength.

Marc Gasol benched and basically removed from any action... this man was the defensive archor of a historic defensive team just 1-2 years ago.

too many inconsistencies. When you go do a job you want to know every day what you are dealing with and specialize in that.

THT showed great scoring potential and even racked up 10+ assists in some games... then he disappears! Yes his defense is not the best but from time to time insert him iwith the starters to give kcp a quick break and see if he can create some easy shots for bron ...

Matthews is a proven shooter and defender yet he benched him almost half the season...

I almost forgot not playing Morris who was essential to our chip last year...
and then starting him

there is not a consistent logic to what this man wants

The ball does not swing side to side, the bodies don't move, not enough energy... this is all on the coach.

All these guys saying "we cant hit open shots" never played bball. I rather take a shot with a guy running to my face if the ball is being swong to me in my shooting pocket in the flow of the offense with 10-14 seconds left on the clock then a wide open desperation 3 at the end of the clock.

tltr I dislike vogel
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject:

Vogel to me should be under the gun - a half ass effort is on the coach and the leaders. Lebron takes a hit but Vogel should definitely take a hit for his horrid rotations and lack of adjustments, the Suns are spamming the same crap over and over again.

He is stubborn as hell.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:06 am    Post subject:

I still think he's a great coach, but he got me puzzled all season long. He lost so much time with rotations that we all knew wouldn't (and didn't) work.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

Vogel is a defensive coach. We need an offensive assistant coach to help him out.

This is just like Sean McVay being a great offensive coach and his defensive coordinator is usually a great defensive coach and he lets them run with it...
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:11 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Vogel is a defensive coach. We need an offensive assistant coach to help him out.

This is just like Sean McVay being a great offensive coach and his defensive coordinator is usually a great defensive coach and he lets them run with it...

Isn't Jason Kidd on the coaching staff for that reason?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 130 of 224
Jump to: