Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1044, 1045, 1046 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

AD ON THE WAY!!!!

🏀🙏🏀🙏🏀🙏

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN8S740BWzQ/?igshid=36ycvpvwxws3
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:00 pm    Post subject:

there's a reason why ESPN doesn't think he's top 10 material any more
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:01 pm    Post subject:

5-19 and 95% of his 🧱 were outside jumpers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

Had to play him back to his form but he definutely cost us the game
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

How is AD calf? Any update?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject:

point-guard wrote:
Had to play him back to his form but he definutely cost us the game

Even AD’s defense was off
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:34 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:

Trudell tweeted he just got hit in the opposite calf by another player.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Really don't want to play the Clippers in the 1st round. We need reps
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:37 pm    Post subject:

AD is good, but he doesn't move the goal post to make us a playoff contenders. He makes us better, but not a playoff contending team. I don't know why people thought we were gonna be that much better when he came back. He rarely made the Pelicans a playoff contending team. They only made the playoffs twice his whole time being there. LeBron makes us a playoff contending team and a championship contending team. When LeBron gets back, that's when we will be playing our best basketball and you will see how good this team is.

Last edited by Outspoken on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:38 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
leking006 wrote:

He is a basketball schleprock. Something is always happening to him.
BlueNGold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:39 pm    Post subject:

We need to start seriously considering AD's partner after LBJ retires.

Anthony Davis isn't good enough to lead a team on his own, healthy or otherwise. His tenure in NO shows that he's an excellent player, but not an end-all, be-all leader.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
leking006 wrote:

Ok, I was worried when he is grabbing his calf, I though he re-injured it.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Bigs. Embiid needs to sit 20 games in a 72 game season to stay healthy
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject:

When AD tries to play small; like a point guard, as a big man, it makes me sick. He's a physical specimen and very athletic, but he'd rather settle for 3's and outside shots than taking it down low, where his bread and butter is at. I understand about his injury history, but he's been doing that. He plays soft to me, not all the time, but a lot. If he played with Kobe, Kobe would tell him take his big behind down low; like he used to tell Gasol.

Last edited by Outspoken on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
When AD tries to play small, as a big man, it makes me sick. He's a physical specimen and very athletic, but he'd rather settle for 3's and outside shots than taking it down low, where his bread and butter is at. I understand about his injury history, but he's been doing that. He plays soft to me , not all the time, but a lot. If he played with Kobe, Kobe would tell him take his big behind down low; like he used to tell Gasol.

Dude has been bacK for 2 games since missing half the season. Give him a break. We would easily be a playoff team if Ad was in mid-season form

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Bummed his second game back he’s not in peak form
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
When AD tries to play small, as a big man, it makes me sick. He's a physical specimen and very athletic, but he'd rather settle for 3's and outside shots than taking it down low, where his bread and butter is at. I understand about his injury history, but he's been doing that. He plays soft to me , not all the time, but a lot. If he played with Kobe, Kobe would tell him take his big behind down low; like he used to tell Gasol.

Dude has been bacK for 2 games since missing half the season. Give him a break. If had not missed any games we would easily be a playoff team, because he would be in rhythm.

Naw, I'm not gonna give him a break. He plays small before his injury. He does not move the goal post in making us a playoff team, LeBron does. LeBron also makes us a championship contending team, not AD. Without LeBron, we miss the playoffs, even with a healthy AD. He only made the playoffs twice as a pelican, his whole time up there.
vcdplaya3002
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Dude has been bacK for 2 games since missing half the season. Give him a break. If had not missed any games we would easily be a playoff team, because he would be in rhythm.

Naw, I'm not gonna give him a break. He plays small before his injury. He does not move the goal post in making us a playoff team, LeBron does. LeBron also makes us a championship contending team, not AD. Without LeBron, we miss the playoffs, even with a healthy AD. He only made the playoffs twice as a pelican, his whole time up there.

Davis was really good working on his playmaking during the beginning of the season but seems to have regressed again. He is not good passing out of double teams still very slow, and he doesn’t seem to lift the players around him like a true #1 option supposed to.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

He's is averaging 10.5 pts and 3.5 rebs since he has return... Man just like before the injury right? Dude hit the game winner as the clock struck 0 in the western finals. Last thing AD is, is soft.

If you believe the nonsense you posted, your ability to judge players impact on the game is poor. Him playing "small" won us number 17. I bet Clipper fans wished PG played "small" like AD.

Last edited by Lucky_Shot on Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Dude has been bacK for 2 games since missing half the season. Give him a break. We would easily be a playoff team if Ad was in mid-season form

Y’all make too many excuses for AD. He played like this to start the season too, before injury. He played like this in the bubble games and then the playoffs. Then he was challenged and would have beastly games after. The point, he settles too much. Far too talented to be happy shooting 60% of his shots from mid range and beyond. It frustrates me every time.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Y’all make too many excuses for AD. He played like this to start the season too, before injury. He played like this in the bubble games and then the playoffs. Then he was challenged and would have beastly games after. The point, he settles too much. Far too talented to be happy shooting 60% of his shots from mid range and beyond. It frustrates me every time.

He is the best big mid-range shooter in the game. That's like saying Curry needs to take it to the rack more and forget about the whole 3 point thing. AD shot us all the way to number 17 and people here are throwing mud. This is kinda ridiculous
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

He is the best big mid-range shooter in the game. That's like saying Curry needs to take it to the rack more and forget about the whole 3 point thing. AD shot us all the way to number 17 and people here are throwing mud. This is kinda ridiculous

And every time I go “No, no... yes.” I still don’t like that most of his shots are jumpers and never will. Not when he’s so efficient going to the rim. It still seems like settling. Especially when he’s clearly off like tonight. He shot the team out of this game. There’s no way to put a positive spin on it. We very well could have had a better chance if he sat.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:
Outspoken wrote:

Too many ingrates here, they didn't even want the man to have a breathing room coming from an scary injury and 2 months lay-off.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject:

If ad, without bron plays to his averages we will be in the finals
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject:

There’s no secret AD is playing cautiously in his return.

Sure it cost us this game but at the end of the day you take the L and keep grinding back to form.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1044, 1045, 1046 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 1045 of 1430
Jump to: