Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject:

Davis is the most ungainly and awkward player I think I have ever seen in the NBA. Can not come up with any at the moment

Taken out by a table while watching his shot. About as foolish as the QB that injured himself celebrating a TD a few years ago.

So frustrating how Davis can make an amazing play one moment then be tripping over himself grimacing in pain the next.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Davis is the most ungainly and awkward player I think I have ever seen in the NBA. Can not come up with any at the moment

Taken out by a table while watching his shot. About as foolish as the QB that injured himself celebrating a TD a few years ago.

So frustrating how Davis can make an amazing play one moment then be tripping over himself grimacing in pain the next.

One of the most ridiculous ways I've seen an NBA player get hurt. It's not even like the courtside was packed (like pre-COVID days).

But if we're being serious. KAT is more awkward than AD.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 9:59 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

One of the most ridiculous ways I've seen an NBA player get hurt. It's not even like the courtside was packed (like pre-COVID days).

Well Steph injured his tailbone because he fell out of bounds backwards. Similarly to AD he was backpedaling, tried to catch his balance and couldn’t, and landed hard on his butt against some metal railing. So you know…it happens I guess.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:28 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Well Steph injured his tailbone because he fell out of bounds backwards. Similarly to AD he was backpedaling, tried to catch his balance and couldn’t, and landed hard on his butt against some metal railing. So you know…it happens I guess.

Was gonna bring up Steph's too, that was... really unfortunate
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2021 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Got taken out by the scorers table today, looked like he got shot out of a cannon after he collided with a 5’7” point guard last game. He has been pretty durable throughout his career but it gets overshadowed by the fact that in real time, he reacts to the slightest bump or bruise like it’s a career ending injury.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject:

Just wondering one thing. If you guys can choose between prime Gasol ( 30yr old) and prime AD ( lets say now) who would you choose to have.
Personally I would go with Pau because I think he is better overall. Pau was playing much more inside in the paint something AD is not doing at all. Also AD is much more injured than Pau.
On the other hand AD is more skilled player and better defensively when motivated ( which is rare).
LakesGnrLake
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Just wondering one thing. If you guys can choose between prime Gasol ( 30yr old) and prime AD ( lets say now) who would you choose to have.
Personally I would go with Pau because I think he is better overall. Pau was playing much more inside in the paint something AD is not doing at all. Also AD is much more injured than Pau.
On the other hand AD is more skilled player and better defensively when motivated ( which is rare).

I think AD is obviously the more skilled player l, but watching him act like every misstep and fall is a major injury starts to grind on you. Almost makes you wanna choose Pau cuz at least you know he's gonna go out there and not act like he's getting injured every 5 mins.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

He was quite pissed at his press conference. Good sign. He was shaking his head left right and was fuming inside. Easily visible. Hope he will take over from now on.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 10:10 pm    Post subject:

AD seemed pretty frustrated in his postgame presser.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:24 am    Post subject:

I havent been the biggest Anthony fan, but got to say I'm proud of him the past week or so. Such a great feeling seeing him play with intensity!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

AD is more productive offensively and a better and more aggressive defensive player.

I always love what Pau did for us, but I'll take prime AD over prime Pau all day.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 6:13 am    Post subject:

Welcome back AD!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:07 am    Post subject:

90%
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 7:13 am    Post subject:

He's coming back
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject:

If LBJ can come back 85%, and we have a reengaged AD (and Dennis/THT, etc. coming back), I would not want to play the Lakers in the playoffs.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

AD is more productive offensively and a better and more aggressive defensive player.

I always love what Pau did for us, but I'll take prime AD over prime Pau all day.

Yeah, I absolutely love Pau and he will always be one of my favorite Lakers but AD is clearly the better player on both ends. The fanbase when he was here was 10 times worse then AD as far as criticisms and creating negative posts. Half the posters here called him Gasoft for quite awhile. Just 10-15 years ago it was also still somewhat taboo for the majority of big men to stray very far out of the paint especially all the way to the 3 point line. I see Gasol being much more like AD as far as being perimeter oriented if he was around today kind of like how he was transitioning at the end of his career for the Spurs.

I think AD has shown some fire and determination to try and get us back on the winning track the last week but he has literally nobody that can set him up or give him even the most basic of passes consistently right now. This team is just straight up gutted currently but I don't put much of it on AD tbh. He did plenty in the Portland game to put us in a position to win it.

If anything i'm liking what I see and can see him gearing up to reach another level by the Playoffs. Lebron is literally the only thing i'm concerned about right now, it all hinges on him as far as having a chance at winning the Championship. If he can come back even remotely close to 90% it will cover up the majority of our deficiencies like last Playoffs.
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject:

That block on Nurkic at the end was DPOY AD. We've been missing that all year. Hopefully it's here to stay.

Kiss my Converse.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject:

Gotta show him love after that game.
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject:

he's looked incredible the last couple of games
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Heck of a performance on both ends of the floor!
AD's 12 rebounds, 3 blocks and 3 steals were almost as impressive as his 42 point scoring spree. ..... "He's baack!"
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject:

I believe in Playoff AD
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject:

He looked scary good. There are no answers for him, when he plays like that. Other team is just ... screwed.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:21 am    Post subject:

AD ON THE WAY!
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Davis hitting another gear -- he became the first player in franchise history to record at least 42 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks in the same game --

ESPN

Amazing game by AD, franchise record type amazing!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 4:52 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Quote:
Davis hitting another gear -- he became the first player in franchise history to record at least 42 points, 12 rebounds, 5 assists, 3 steals and 3 blocks in the same game --

ESPN

Amazing game by AD, franchise record type amazing!

The first one to get 40/10/5/3/3 since Shaq in 2001.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1052, 1053, 1054 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1053 of 1427
Jump to: