Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1193, 1194, 1195 ... 1422, 1423, 1424  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NATO
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Lakers’ Anthony Davis fires back at critics: ‘These aren’t little ticky-tack injuries’

Quote:
“This is what I’ve learned about injuries: Last year when I wasn’t playing, people were saying ‘AD’s giving up on his team. It’s the playoffs. AD has to play. He’s got to play.’ And when I went out there to play, got hurt again, they said, ‘Who was his trainer? Who let him play?’

“So, what the [expletive] do you want me to do? When I play, it’s a problem. It’s a problem when I don’t play. At the end of the day, I’ve got to do what’s best for me and how my body feels. And we go from there. I’m not worried about who’s saying what or who thinks this about me because none of them have stepped on the floor and played. And the ones that did play, they should understand.

“These aren’t little ticky-tack injuries.”

“The real basketball guys know that there’s nothing I could’ve done in these situations,” Davis said. “What? Move out the way? I keep that attitude because, one, my wife makes me, and two, it’s knowing that these really weren’t my fault. How can I be down or upset or care what people are saying? It could’ve been anybody. I could wear shoes that come up to my knees.

“There’s not one player in the world who could step on somebody’s foot from the air and not roll your ankle. It doesn’t matter the shoe. You step on somebody’s foot, you’re going to roll your ankle.”

“I did bust my ass,” Davis said. “And I had two uncontrollable injuries.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2022-04-04/lakers-anthony-davis-fires-back-at-critics-about-injuries
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject:

NATO wrote:
Lakers’ Anthony Davis fires back at critics: ‘These aren’t little ticky-tack injuries’

Quote:
“This is what I’ve learned about injuries: Last year when I wasn’t playing, people were saying ‘AD’s giving up on his team. It’s the playoffs. AD has to play. He’s got to play.’ And when I went out there to play, got hurt again, they said, ‘Who was his trainer? Who let him play?’

“So, what the [expletive] do you want me to do? When I play, it’s a problem. It’s a problem when I don’t play. At the end of the day, I’ve got to do what’s best for me and how my body feels. And we go from there. I’m not worried about who’s saying what or who thinks this about me because none of them have stepped on the floor and played. And the ones that did play, they should understand.

“The real basketball guys know that there’s nothing I could’ve done in these situations,” Davis said. “What? Move out the way? I keep that attitude because, one, my wife makes me, and two, it’s knowing that these really weren’t my fault. How can I be down or upset or care what people are saying? It could’ve been anybody. I could wear shoes that come up to my knees.

“There’s not one player in the world who could step on somebody’s foot from the air and not roll your ankle. It doesn’t matter the shoe. You step on somebody’s foot, you’re going to roll your ankle.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/story/2022-04-04/lakers-anthony-davis-fires-back-at-critics-about-injuries

And so went the tale of the Glass Prince, Lord of Marshmallows.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject:

NATO wrote:

Quote:

He's right.
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject:

AD seems to believe the team underperformed big time primarily because of their untimely injuries. I wonder if this is what most on the team believes.

After overhauling the team the past 2 seasons, it would be hilarious if this is the time Rob decides to run it back 🤣
Robblake
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2022 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Kobetan wrote:
AD seems to believe the team underperformed big time primarily because of their untimely injuries. I wonder if this is what most on the team believes.

After overhauling the team the past 2 seasons, it would be hilarious if this is the time Rob decides to run it back 🤣

I think it’s an easy thing to say to save face. The team is horrendously too heavy based on old aging stars. Zero depth
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject:

NATO wrote:

Quote:

he's right. Its like bron. if he plays he's going for the scoring title. if he doesn't he quits on his team.

I always found the "offseason trainer" narrative a little silly. AD fans say the injuries were a fluke and caused by the wrong place wrong time. Not about lack of tendon strength.

In comparison to Kawai. He missed more games than AD and his injuries are in fact degenerative. AD doesn't seem to have that problem.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:47 am    Post subject:

The Lakers aren’t paying Kawhi $38 mil.
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:51 am    Post subject:

I like AD and I always wanted him on the Lakers during his Pelican days, so I was super stoked to get him and brought a ring. But looking at the Carfax, AD has an issue staying healthy since the start of his NBA career, and these last 2 seasons where his 1b status means he needed to step when Bron is out, hasn't happened due to his injuries. It does not matter if he is not out as long as KL or took a sabbatical like Irving, the truth is, he gets hurt and het gets hurt a lot.

Our medical staff which should be among the best, is actually one of the worst in the entire league and compounds AD's problems which means he's getting tossed in at the wrong times or misdiagnosed and he's out even longer (Nunn anyone?). Unfortunately, front office blunders have brought us to this crossroads where we have nothing to offer to bring in actual pieces and not leftovers from leftover vet mins. It will hurt to say this but I don't think we will have a choice in having to move him to bring some capable players who can stay on the court. We need to stop looking at big names right now because those are all pipe dreams and we need to make sure that if bron bolts we aren't going to be the Charlotte Bobcats type team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:
I like AD and I always wanted him on the Lakers during his Pelican days, so I was super stoked to get him and brought a ring. But looking at the Carfax, AD has an issue staying healthy since the start of his NBA career, and these last 2 seasons where his 1b status means he needed to step when Bron is out, hasn't happened due to his injuries. It does not matter if he is not out as long as KL or took a sabbatical like Irving, the truth is, he gets hurt and het gets hurt a lot.

Our medical staff which should be among the best, is actually one of the worst in the entire league and compounds AD's problems which means he's getting tossed in at the wrong times or misdiagnosed and he's out even longer (Nunn anyone?). Unfortunately, front office blunders have brought us to this crossroads where we have nothing to offer to bring in actual pieces and not leftovers from leftover vet mins. It will hurt to say this but I don't think we will have a choice in having to move him to bring some capable players who can stay on the court. We need to stop looking at big names right now because those are all pipe dreams and we need to make sure that if bron bolts we aren't going to be the Charlotte Bobcats type team.

our medical staff is bad? GSW let KD back and Klay was out long. SAS lost a player because they were inept. We have the best medical facilities in the country. The problem nowadays, the investment is so big that playing "sore" is no longer an option. The Nunn thing is a bit of a fluke, but who knows if they signed him thinking it could be an all or nothing deal.
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
our medical staff is bad? GSW let KD back and Klay was out long. SAS lost a player because they were inept. We have the best medical facilities in the country. The problem nowadays, the investment is so big that playing "sore" is no longer an option. The Nunn thing is a bit of a fluke, but who knows if they signed him thinking it could be an all or nothing deal.

Athletic trainers*. Nina Hsieh was fired and I don't even know what they did with her position, especially since Vitti before her was scrutinized so much. There is a pattern here.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

I think AD getting defensive is out of place. No one thinks he gets the injuries on purpose, nor does anyone think that the injuries are not significant. The issue is that he DOES, in fact, get injured, alot, and he's not doing the team any good by sitting down for 50% of the season, every season.

Any professional team is about winning. And if you can't contribute to that, then your presence is not doing the team any good, especially when you are getting paid so much salary.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Athletic trainers*. Nina Hsieh was fired and I don't even know what they did with her position, especially since Vitti before her was scrutinized so much. There is a pattern here.

wasn't gunnar the man?
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

BRING BACK ALEX McKECHNIE!!!!

Damn he was good but Lakers went cheap after the lockout and dumped him.

Our team's health has been spotty ever since 2012
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
I think AD getting defensive is out of place. No one thinks he gets the injuries on purpose, nor does anyone think that the injuries are not significant. The issue is that he DOES, in fact, get injured, alot, and he's not doing the team any good by sitting down for 50% of the season, every season.

Any professional team is about winning. And if you can't contribute to that, then your presence is not doing the team any good, especially when you are getting paid so much salary.

and he sat out of a game with a "sore" wrist. I think as lakers fans, even though its been a while now, we are used to our franchise players grinding it out.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:29 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

and he sat out of a game with a "sore" wrist. I think as lakers fans, even though its been a while now, we are used to our franchise players grinding it out.

SHAQ says hi

We were spoiled by Kobe
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

SHAQ says hi

We were spoiled by Kobe

that's the problem. guys today are put on pedestals for moments vs. careers.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:03 am    Post subject:

After the 2020 Title I was looking forward to him taking the leap in 2021 as the guy on the Lakers and as a top 5 player in the NBA.

He has the talent to be an MVP in the league. His durability and lack of aggression on the offensive end is quite irritating as a fan.

Hoping for the best moving forward, but like everyone else here I'm okay if they trade him for the right price.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

AD23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

SHAQ says hi

Yeah, it's amazing how some people try to act like AD hasn't grinded it out through injury, while they have been literally watching him do that, trying to help us win, while LeBron's been sitting out.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

AD got a lot to prove next season, his contemporary, Giannis has left him in the dust, prob falling behind Embiid and Jokic too. We need to see peak AD
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
AD got a lot to prove next season, his contemporary, Giannis has left him in the dust, prob falling behind Embiid and Jokic too. We need to see peak AD

Probably? AD can't even handle KAT. He's barely above Zubak, at this point. At least Zubak plays a full season.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject:

has he been healthy anytime in his entire career? hes rolling on the floor every game like it's a season ending injury
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:36 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
has he been healthy anytime in his entire career? hes rolling on the floor every game like it's a season ending injury

every game? more like every play
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:25 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AD23 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
troy wrote:

SHAQ says hi

Yeah, it's amazing how some people try to act like AD hasn't grinded it out through injury, while they have been literally watching him do that, trying to help us win, while LeBron's been sitting out.

he has played 1/2 seasons in b2b years. he isn't grinding through anything. He literally sat with a sore wrist, from a game he finished. He seems to have zero pain tolerance.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:59 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
governator wrote:

Probably? AD can't even handle KAT. He's barely above Zubak, at this point. At least Zubak plays a full season.

Probably below Ayton as well.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

AD is injury prone - meaning he gets injured a lot. I don't blame him for it and I don't doubt that he plays through pain. It's not his fault. It's just what it is.

Maybe his combination of height and ability to play point forward to center puts him into situations where shorter players are better able to avoid getting rolled up on or just fall over without being as worried and taller players wouldn't be in the first place.

Unfortunately I think his odds of getting re-injured only increase as he gets older. His reflexes become a little slower, his ability to recover diminishes and those parts of his body that have been injured probably aren't as strong as they were before so they can't take the same amount of contact as before.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1193, 1194, 1195 ... 1422, 1423, 1424  Next
Page 1194 of 1424
Jump to: