Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 1422, 1423, 1424  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
I just said they were healthy for that entire season.

So only the teams that lost didnt want to be there, how convenient of a excuse.

You’re making it sound like being healthy is the normal. Being injured is a huge part of them. I say the only reason they won was because
A) there is searchable video from the bubble of guys not wanting to be there
B) they had a luxurious 4+ month break that let them heal up.

When bron led laker teams have to play real seasons they make lottery or get bounced in first round for whatever reason.

I am grateful for bubble title. Now it’s time to move on from bron AD duo.
ahaider
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

You’re making it sound like being healthy is the normal. Being injured is a huge part of them. I say the only reason they won was because

When bron led laker teams have to play real seasons they make lottery or get bounced in first round for whatever reason.

Half-life, while I do agree with a lot of your points, I think you’re missing a couple things. You very well may be right that it’s time to move on from Lebron & AD. However, what you’re proposing is a brave new world back into the realms of lottery. You’re also referring to a path with not really tangible ways to improve.

We don’t have our picks until 2026 at soonest. Furthermore, Lebron passing KAJ in the scoring title as a Laker is important to Jeannie and the Lakers. As a team, they want the brand associated with that moment. Lastly, in your proposal we’d be moving off both those guys at the moment in time when their value is lowest. Lebron would be a FA the following summer. AD is distressed in terms of value. Your best bet would probably moving him to CHI and receiving a package rich of FRP’s.

So while on the outset you may very well be right that our title window is over and we should retool. The execution of that retool is not to be trusted as the path to achieving it is murky at best. It’s hard enough to attract the top of top FA’s - to jettison both at this moment in time with our front office - would probably immediately get Jeannie to have all her vendors pull out of contracts. Not to mention ticket sales would go down the drain.

"The key to good decision making is not knowledge. It is understanding. We are swimming in the former. We are desperately lacking in the latter." - Malcom Gladwell
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

Half-life, while I do agree with a lot of your points, I think you’re missing a couple things. You very well may be right that it’s time to move on from Lebron & AD. However, what you’re proposing is a brave new world back into the realms of lottery. You’re also referring to a path with not really tangible ways to improve.

We don’t have our picks until 2026 at soonest. Furthermore, Lebron passing KAJ in the scoring title as a Laker is important to Jeannie and the Lakers. As a team, they want the brand associated with that moment. Lastly, in your proposal we’d be moving off both those guys at the moment in time when their value is lowest. Lebron would be a FA the following summer. AD is distressed in terms of value. Your best bet would probably moving him to CHI and receiving a package rich of FRP’s.

So while on the outset you may very well be right that our title window is over and we should retool. The execution of that retool is not to be trusted as the path to achieving it is murky at best. It’s hard enough to attract the top of top FA’s - to jettison both at this moment in time with our front office - would probably immediately get Jeannie to have all her vendors pull out of contracts. Not to mention ticket sales would go down the drain.

You’re right. I just think ADs value isn’t as low as people think and think our rebuild can start now by moving him, let bron play out his contract. He gets kaj then can move on and we can all see how dumb we may or may not be for not extending him.

But your outlook is way more practical and probably in line with Rob and Jeanie.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

That doesnt apply to THAT season, thats the point. THAT season they were both healthy. What happened in other seasons doesnt apply. This is what you should focus on. We played, we were the best and hottest team in basketball, we were on a roll nefore it got shut down. The bubble hurt us because we lost that momentum, and we lost our home court advantage for the playoffs. You repeating they cant stay healthy in different seasons has no importance here. The break you keep mentioning, as i said, it came at the expense of the following season, while it did not help us during that season.

Guys not wanting to be there is excuses for me, but do share the videos

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:43 pm    Post subject:

GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

That doesnt apply to THAT season, thats the point. THAT season they were both healthy. What happened in other seasons doesnt apply. This is what you should focus on. We played, we were the best and hottest team in basketball, we were on a roll nefore it got shut down. The bubble hurt us because we lost that momentum, and we lost our home court advantage for the playoffs. You repeating they cant stay healthy in different seasons has no importance here. The break you keep mentioning, as i said, it came at the expense of the following season, while it did not help us during that season.

It does apply. The only reason they were healthy is because of bubble and schedule. No bubble equals no health equals no ring. I don’t care what they did that season pre lock down. Pre and post bubble show bron breaks down and so does AD when there is no bubble.

They were only able to maintain health because they got a 4 month break. If you disagree show me otherwise while they are wearing lakers gear.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

It does apply. The only reason they were healthy is because of bubble and schedule. No bubble equals no health equals no ring. I don’t care what they did that season pre lock down. Pre and post bubble show bron breaks down and so does AD when there is no bubble.

They were only able to maintain health because they got a 4 month break. If you disagree show me otherwise while they are wearing lakers gear.

They played what, 70 games before the break. Your theory is wrong, the evidence is in that season. Your narrative is they got a break in the middle of the season, when the season was basically over. We were no.1, we were hot, we could have rested a bit remaining games. It was all fine.

And you still didnt address us having to play the next season right out of the bubble. Like it didnt matter at all, but the 4 month break is everything to you. Youre wrong but too much into your narratives to admit it

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
phantasyman
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:15 am    Post subject:

Please get rid of AD while you can still get value for him. He is quickly declining. Can't even play defense anymore without fouling. The injuries will continue and you can already see it is taking a toll on him mentally. Trade him for young talent this summer.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 2:53 am    Post subject:

phantasyman wrote:
Please get rid of AD while you can still get value for him. He is quickly declining. Can't even play defense anymore without fouling.

While I don't have a problem with moving AD if a deal that makes sense comes along, I'm not sure what you are talking about with the defense. The numbers seem to indicate otherwise.

With AD this year the team was like 13th in the team in defensive rating (someone please correct me if that is wrong it's from memory but I believe it's correct). Without him they were by far the worst team in the league defensively.

He took 2.4 fouls in 35.1 minutes. During the title year he took 2.5 fouls in 34.4 minutes. So he fouled more frequently then. The year before that he took 2.4 fouls in 33 minutes, once again more frequently. Last season was the only time he took less fouls in the past 4 years. He also blocked the same number of shots (2.3 per game) that he did in his first year here, which is up 0.7 from last season.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:12 am    Post subject:

^
With AD the team was starting to trend into the top 7 at one point defensively. That's with Lebron in complete scoring mode/taking every other game off mode and Westbrook being the worst possible fit for Vogel's defensive schemes.

The difference in AD on the team and not on the team at least in the first part of the season was something like top 10 defense vs bottom 10 defense. It was quite big. However when he returned the second time from injury it made no real change on our D, becaused it seemed everything the bad habits, the season being over already had kicked in (even if they didn't admit they all had checked out). It didn't look better with him either. The best defense we got was when all 3 of the big 3 were out and we ran those lineups with Reaves, Monk, McClung, Stanley etc. That's why Vogel even said "we finally played defense". It was quite fitting, it shows you how bad Westbrook/Lebron played on defense. Some of our games with WB/Lebron were literally the worst stat paddling one dimesional offense I have ever seen.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:20 am    Post subject:

Hope he does not get injured walking on the beach.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject:

We won't get much value for AD if all teams value draft picks highly now based on how all the top teams, except the Nets, are built from the ground up using their own draft picks.

I would still trade AD now because we're not gonna get more for him if we wait. I just don't see AD as a franchise player to build around. I mean if we trade him and he balls out and stays healthy, at least we've still got something back. But if we keep him and he stays injury proned with how his body is built, we'd have no future assets. Maybe we could start tanking in 2027 when we have our frp again and then hopefully have enough assets to form a championship contender 5 years later in 2032. Next possible championship in 10 years. Better late than never.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cc0cx1qFr7n/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:01 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The difference in AD on the team and not on the team at least in the first part of the season was something like top 10 defense vs bottom 10 defense. It was quite big.

I went over them a couple of weeks ago and it was shockingly different. With AD they were an above average defensive team with all the other holes. Without him they were by far the worst team in the league when it came to points allowed per possession.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2022 3:33 am    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
The difference in AD on the team and not on the team at least in the first part of the season was something like top 10 defense vs bottom 10 defense. It was quite big.

I went over them a couple of weeks ago and it was shockingly different. With AD they were an above average defensive team with all the other holes. Without him they were by far the worst team in the league when it came to points allowed per possession.

It is not difficult to understand why if you saw who was on our lineup to replace him when he was out
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 6:09 pm    Post subject:

Just found this article.

AD is looking slimmer.

We know the idea of AD being bulkier didn’t seem to work.

Hopefully something to be excited about?

https://itsgame7.com/lakers-anthony-davis-looking-much-skinnier-in-new-photos/amp/
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject:

He should have never been asked to bulk up in the first place.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2022 9:18 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
He should have never been asked to bulk up in the first place.

I agree. I remember doing the 2020 playoffs against the Nuggets, Jokic definitely bigger than AD would post op and back down AD. But when he try to shot, AD would block it. So there were plenty of instances the slimmer AD would not only Hold his ground against big men but even dominant them.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 5:45 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

You're a moron.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 6:52 am    Post subject:

That’s the dude who says he doesn’t put an asterisk on the Bubble championship and then goes on to asterisk the hell out of it.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
That’s the dude who says he doesn’t put an asterisk on the Bubble championship and then goes on to asterisk the hell out of it.

All of that hate on championship we won for Russell Westbrook 😂
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:23 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You know what was weird, we didn't see many lobs from RW to AD this past season.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 8:48 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

That's his thing. His spiel is always: "I don't hate Player X at all," followed by a rant about how much he hates Player X. Or "I don't put an asterisk on the championship," followed by a rant about how the championship is one big asterisk.

I find it odd that he has such strong believes but he feels he needs to put a perfunctory disclaimer on them.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:06 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You know what was weird, we didn't see many lobs from RW to AD this past season.

I thought we'd see a lot more too. I thought we'd see more to AD generally. Seems like LBJ is the only one who knows how to toss him the ball in a way he can go get it.

Lost art?
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 10:18 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I thought we'd see a lot more too. I thought we'd see more to AD generally. Seems like LBJ is the only one who knows how to toss him the ball in a way he can go get it.

Lost art?

And lost Rondo.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 11:31 am    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:

You're a moron.

x100000000
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1195, 1196, 1197 ... 1422, 1423, 1424  Next
Page 1196 of 1424
Jump to: