Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1196, 1197, 1198 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
GOODRICH25 wrote:
I just said they were healthy for that entire season.

So only the teams that lost didnt want to be there, how convenient of a excuse.

You’re making it sound like being healthy is the normal. Being injured is a huge part of them. I say the only reason they won was because
A) there is searchable video from the bubble of guys not wanting to be there
B) they had a luxurious 4+ month break that let them heal up.

When bron led laker teams have to play real seasons they make lottery or get bounced in first round for whatever reason.

I am grateful for bubble title. Now it’s time to move on from bron AD duo.

That doesnt apply to THAT season, thats the point. THAT season they were both healthy. What happened in other seasons doesnt apply. This is what you should focus on. We played, we were the best and hottest team in basketball, we were on a roll nefore it got shut down. The bubble hurt us because we lost that momentum, and we lost our home court advantage for the playoffs. You repeating they cant stay healthy in different seasons has no importance here. The break you keep mentioning, as i said, it came at the expense of the following season, while it did not help us during that season.

Guys not wanting to be there is excuses for me, but do share the videos

It does apply. The only reason they were healthy is because of bubble and schedule. No bubble equals no health equals no ring. I don’t care what they did that season pre lock down. Pre and post bubble show bron breaks down and so does AD when there is no bubble.

They were only able to maintain health because they got a 4 month break. If you disagree show me otherwise while they are wearing lakers gear.

You're a moron.

Yes.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:27 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling that next season is crucial for AD career going forward. If the next season will be the same story as previous one don't think he can bounce back. From that point it will go only more down. But if he is able to have close to MVP caliber season than I think it will be major change in perception around the league but in Lakers fan base too. Hope he is working on himself this summer to show what he is capable off.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:33 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I have a feeling that next season is crucial for AD career going forward. If the next season will be the same story as previous one don't think he can bounce back. From that point it will go only more down. But if he is able to have close to MVP caliber season than I think it will be major change in perception around the league but in Lakers fan base too. Hope he is working on himself this summer to show what he is capable off.

Anything less than MVP/DPOY level will be a disappointment
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:33 pm    Post subject:

DHam gonna bring out the dawg in AD. AD has soooo much more in his bag than Giannis. Gotta stay healthy tho.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
DHam gonna bring out the dawg in AD. AD has soooo much more in his bag than Giannis. Gotta stay healthy tho.

Giannis is a MUCH better playmaker and in iso as well while also being near Bron like on fast breaks but I agree that most other places AD has the potential he has shown to be as good or better in most other aspects. I take bubble AD over Giannis if that could be a real thing over a whole season for sure.

The biggest difference to me is straight up consistent heart and desire though which Giannis is at an all time high level while AD has been a rollercoaster ride since the Bubble to say the least.

IMO though if he has another injury riddled season whether people say they're his fault or not it will start to be legitimately disrespectful to compare AD to Giannis at all anymore. I do agree this next season is pretty massive for him to get back to that level since he's dropped reputation wise considerably since the Bubble but he's still young enough to bounce back even though the clock is ticking.

I'm rooting for it to happen because it's our only realistic chance to be any good next season but i'd be lying if I said I was extremely confident it will. I am excited to see how Ham handles him though as I fully believe AD needs that extra push to bring his inner dawg out much of the time as you talked about and it will be interesting if Ham can be the right person to do that.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2022 5:51 pm    Post subject:

He has all the talent in the world but honestly I question his intestinal fortitude.

The best ability is availability.
Iandrewd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

AD is more prone to injury than Giannis (obviously) but I don't question his heart or desire. I think it was pure idiocy last year to tell a player with a history of lower body injuries to add weight. AD needs to stay slim and take up yoga. He's never going to be big enough to go directly against Jokic so just focus on him at PF and maximize the likelihood he can stay healthy.

I don't see AD being an MVP candidate simply because either Russ or Lebron are going to handle the ball a lot more than AD but I absolutely believe AD should be a contended for DPOY if he can stay healthy. While I believe Giannis is an overall more impactful player, I think AD has the potential (if healthy and used correctly) to be a better defensive player than Giannis.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

Can't wait for him to go to Time to be a Man Sheed school
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:24 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:

Can't be a dawg sitting on the sidelines with a sprained ankle. AD is perfectly capable, when he's healthy. Neither Ham nor Sheed will make him more effective as a player, and being aggressive or determined has nothing to do with avoiding injury.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:33 am    Post subject:

Hopefully he will be healthy enough next season to tell us if his shooting decline the past two seasons was because of injury or an erosion of skills.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:37 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Giannis is a MUCH better playmaker and in iso as well while also being near Bron like on fast breaks but I agree that most other places AD has the potential he has shown to be as good or better in most other aspects. I take bubble AD over Giannis if that could be a real thing over a whole season for sure.

The biggest difference to me is straight up consistent heart and desire though which Giannis is at an all time high level while AD has been a rollercoaster ride since the Bubble to say the least.

IMO though if he has another injury riddled season whether people say they're his fault or not it will start to be legitimately disrespectful to compare AD to Giannis at all anymore. I do agree this next season is pretty massive for him to get back to that level since he's dropped reputation wise considerably since the Bubble but he's still young enough to bounce back even though the clock is ticking.

I'm rooting for it to happen because it's our only realistic chance to be any good next season but i'd be lying if I said I was extremely confident it will. I am excited to see how Ham handles him though as I fully believe AD needs that extra push to bring his inner dawg out much of the time as you talked about and it will be interesting if Ham can be the right person to do that.

Giannis is a freak physically, he is on Lebron's level.
he plays tall, and bully his way to the basket. AD does none of that, and his body doesn't enable him to do those things. AD is more Finesse.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

Can't be a dawg sitting on the sidelines with a sprained ankle. AD is perfectly capable, when he's healthy. Neither Ham nor Sheed will make him more effective as a player, and being aggressive or determined has nothing to do with avoiding injury.

While that's true he absolutely has had stretches where he clearly lacked aggressiveness even when he was healthy. Ham and Sheed have that potential to talk him up more then I imagine Vogel could and that could make him more effective. Will he actually listen or will it make any real difference? That's a huge unknown just like his playing status will be.

I also agree he absolutely needs to focus on his core, injury prevention and remaining in solid slim shape versus ever trying to put on actual muscle mass which was never a good idea. He's clearly another entire level above any player in the NBA defensively when fully engaged and healthy since he can dominate and be legitimately elite both in the paint and on the perimeter against all 5 positions.

I will say though anytime i've seen AD in the Playoffs whether it was with the Pelicans or us he has always went all out but considering he is our only Superstar that isn't old he needs to step it up in the regular Season for us to even have any chance in the Playoffs with what our roster will realistically look like next Season.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:46 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Then he should get ready for a disappointment.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
troy wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

While that's true he absolutely has had stretches where he clearly lacked aggressiveness even when he was healthy. Ham and Sheed have that potential to talk him up more then I imagine Vogel could and that could make him more effective. Will he actually listen or will it make any real difference? That's a huge unknown just like his playing status will be.

I also agree he absolutely needs to focus on his core, injury prevention and remaining in solid slim shape versus ever trying to put on actual muscle mass which was never a good idea. He's clearly another entire level above any player in the NBA defensively when fully engaged and healthy since he can dominate and be legitimately elite both in the paint and on the perimeter against all 5 positions.

I will say though anytime i've seen AD in the Playoffs whether it was with the Pelicans or us he has always went all out but considering he is our only Superstar that isn't old he needs to step it up in the regular Season for us to even have any chance in the Playoffs with what our roster will realistically look like next Season.

AD doesn't have to be aggressive, ala Rasheed Wallace. He just needs to be healthy and play with confidence. AD doesn't need a mentor. His game ins complete. He just needs to play like he's capable of playing. Most of the better bigmen in the NBA are not overtly aggressive, they just believe in their abilities and keep themselves healthy enough to stay on the court. If Rasheed is brought in for AD's sake, then that's a complete waste of a hire.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Asking AD to match or surpass Giannis is too much at this point. It’s like asking if t-mac, after an injury-riddled season, can surpass a prime Kobe.

It isn’t too much to ask, however, if he can give 20+/10/2 with elite defense for more than 60 games.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Asking AD to match or surpass Giannis is too much at this point. It’s like asking if t-mac, after an injury-riddled season, can surpass a prime Kobe.

It isn’t too much to ask, however, if he can give 20+/10/2 with elite defense for more than 60 games.

The caveat being "if healthy", but he can roll out of bed doing that without breaking a sweat. He's really that good.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

The caveat being "if healthy", but he can roll out of bed doing that without breaking a sweat. He's really that good.

Hence why I’m saying it isn’t too much to ask.

The caveat is such a big obstacle given his history the last 2 years. I’ll be satisfied with “roll out of bed” production if he can do it for 60+games and the playoffs.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:33 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
dabask11 wrote:

Hence why I’m saying it isn’t too much to ask.

The caveat is such a big obstacle given his history the last 2 years. I’ll be satisfied with “roll out of bed” production if he can do it for 60+games and the playoffs.

Then give him the roster he asked for so he can roll out the bed and play for 60 games. He said from day one I am not a center. He broke down two seasons ago being the main center time wise. He broke down last year starting at Center. Get him an actual center to do the heavy lifting for 20-30 of banging bodies and having bodies come at him on the other end and risking landing in the paint over and over.

If you want 60 out of AD start him at PF, where his defensive game becomes contest pick and rolls, close out to shooters, and help side in the paint with finishing at the 5 for about 10mins or less a night. Give him what you had in year 1 and hold Russ accountable for run outs, turnovers, not chasing shooters as opposed to boards, and losing his guy like KCP and Caruso were accountable.

Even Patrick Beverly said it on espn today. What ham says and what the crew asks of oh AD start at center sounds good to cover for Lebron not playing perimeter defense and Russ not shooting or taking care of the ball, but that man told you he can’t physically handle that every game and if you ask him to that despite him saying he can’t, then you’re not trying to win or listen to him and don’t want him available.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 5:25 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:

Then he should get ready for a disappointment.

He's 30, in his prime, contract secured, time to ball out
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:15 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
hype wrote:
troy wrote:
Texas_Pete wrote:

AD doesn't have to be aggressive, ala Rasheed Wallace. He just needs to be healthy and play with confidence. AD doesn't need a mentor. His game ins complete. He just needs to play like he's capable of playing. Most of the better bigmen in the NBA are not overtly aggressive, they just believe in their abilities and keep themselves healthy enough to stay on the court. If Rasheed is brought in for AD's sake, then that's a complete waste of a hire.

I'd love to personally see AD much more aggressive at times. He's way too good to completely disappear offensively for long stretches which has happened quite often over the last few years when healthy. Obviously he doesn't need a mentor and I never said that considering he's heading to the backside of his prime already that's kind of a given. He's not your regular "bigman" and that's exactly what the potential is of him being elite.. His ability to dominate both inside and outside even though his perimeter game has been basically MIA since he Bubble and that doesn't mean he has to be extremely aggressive but he needs to step this up in my eyes at least especially with our current roster of old players and merry minimums. I don't think Sheed was brought in just for AD at all but I think he could be a good person to get in his ear and hopefully light a fire under him at times when he looks half asleep out there.

You're kind of saying blatantly obvious things like he "just needs to play like he's capable of playing" and that is when he showed much more aggression in 2020 and before imo. He's been on auto pilot even when healthy much of the time since. Still a really good player even in that mode but not remotely close to being a top 3-5 player which he is absolutely capable of being.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:22 am    Post subject:

Davis needs to get with a strength and conditioning coach, period.....

Work on core + legs

That's it

Get a strong foundation - that's what he needs

Don't do anything to the upper body, weight wise, just low weight, high reps.

Add meat to the legs and strength to the core....
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Work on core + legs

That's it

And don't step on Gobert's foot.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:54 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Work on core + legs

That's it

Also move out the way when McDaniels flops and don’t step on Goberts foot.
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:01 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:

Work on core + legs

That's it

It doesn’t matter what he does when Lebrun pushes a 200 plus pound guy into him which chop blocks him.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject:

He mailed it in https://streamable.com/e/f1kh6b
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1196, 1197, 1198 ... 1423, 1424, 1425  Next
Page 1197 of 1425
Jump to: