Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1197, 1198, 1199 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
I have a feeling that next season is crucial for AD career going forward. If the next season will be the same story as previous one don't think he can bounce back. From that point it will go only more down. But if he is able to have close to MVP caliber season than I think it will be major change in perception around the league but in Lakers fan base too. Hope he is working on himself this summer to show what he is capable off.

Anything less than MVP/DPOY level will be a disappointment

next year will most likely be the same... AD looks good, then goes down with some sort of injury,... he will recover, but look rusty still serviceable... then go down again with some sort of injury...

wash rinse repeat
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:38 pm    Post subject:

I feel like a big part of AD avoiding serious injuries is simply not landing awkwardly on other players.

Historically, most of the injuries he gets are minor injuries. As long as he doesn't miss any playoff games (or maybe 1 or 2 max) we can live with that.

I like the suggestion of AD taking up yoga so that he can withstand his body being in awkward positions when he lands on people.

But he is a truly unique player, and I feel like Lakers fans don't appreciate him enough. If anyone in the NBA right now is a unicorn, it's AD.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:37 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
I feel like a big part of AD avoiding serious injuries is simply not landing awkwardly on other players.

Historically, most of the injuries he gets are minor injuries. As long as he doesn't miss any playoff games (or maybe 1 or 2 max) we can live with that.

I like the suggestion of AD taking up yoga so that he can withstand his body being in awkward positions when he lands on people.

But he is a truly unique player, and I feel like Lakers fans don't appreciate him enough. If anyone in the NBA right now is a unicorn, it's AD.

I think most Lakers fans know how talented he "can" be but that's kind of what causes the criticism and frustration as well.. He was amazing in 2020 and even played through minor injuries that he didn't before that Season and hasn't much since. He's also the lone really good player we have that's still in his prime and misses the most games out of anyone on the roster and even when he has played he has not looked remotely close to that 2020 version we saw and at times is also clearly going through he motions.

It's kind of pointless how unique and great of a talent he is if he can't help us even get into the Playoffs and be remotely healthy going into them. Everyone knows AD is capable of being a top 3 player in the NBA, that isn't questioned much but idgaf about how good you can be I want to actually see it. People love to bring up the injury excuse that he can't help freak accidents but regardless he's been labeled as injury prone well before he was even a Laker so it's nothing new and that 2020 Season is looking like the outlier more then what we should expect at this point.. I'd absolutely love to see another somewhat full dominant Season by him as it's the only way we have any real chance of making any kind of noise at all but at this point i'm not holding my breathe.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:45 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I think most Lakers fans know how talented he "can" be but that's kind of what causes the criticism and frustration as well.. He was amazing in 2020 and even played through minor injuries that he didn't before that Season and hasn't much since. He's also the lone really good player we have that's still in his prime and misses the most games out of anyone on the roster and even when he has played he has not looked remotely close to that 2020 version we saw and at times is also clearly going through he motions.

It's kind of pointless how unique and great of a talent he is if he can't help us even get into the Playoffs and be remotely healthy going into them. Everyone knows AD is capable of being a top 3 player in the NBA, that isn't questioned much but idgaf about how good you can be I want to actually see it. People love to bring up the injury excuse that he can't help freak accidents but regardless he's been labeled as injury prone well before he was even a Laker so it's nothing new and that 2020 Season is looking like the outlier more then what we should expect at this point.. I'd absolutely love to see another somewhat full dominant Season by him as it's the only way we have any real chance of making any kind of noise at all but at this point i'm not holding my breathe.

I think if AD simply avoids major injuries he will be about as great as he can be.

People forget how great he was the first few weeks of this season. He was being aggressive, and all of his stats across the board (except 3-point shooting %) were much higher than last season.

Staying healthy will probably be like 80% of the battle for AD.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:28 pm    Post subject:

There's two ways of being injury prone.

There's having structural/genetic issues and there's being clumsy.

AD grew from a shorter kid to a giant in a year... and I don't know if he ever got used to it.

But everyone has a friend, a partner, a family member who just hurts themselves and knocks sh*t over all the time.

Some people really don't know how to fall, they don't know the limits of their body... and that's why some high flyers like Michael, LeBron and Vince can go for years... and others get hurt all the time and never reach their full potential.

At this point you have to think the odds are against AD going a year healthy unless he totally changes his game and plays conservatively against injury. LBJ does that because he's old... he'll make a spectacular play and then he'll rest for long periods usually on defense.

That might be what AD needs to do... play a little less aggressively, preserve his body until the playoffs.

Of course, maybe that's what he was doing... and the public was screaming that AD wasn't the bubble AD so he went hard and hurt himself again.

It's tough when most of your skill is your athleticism... as we've also discovered with Russ.

When you start slipping a little bit... you can't play like Dirk or KD and just shoot over everyone because you aren't a great shooter.

That's why I wanted to keep BI so badly, he wasn't as good an athlete as AD but I thought he was more skilled and would eventually develop.

Oh well, hopefully he surprises us and goes 70 games... and then we'll have something to watch next May and June.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:04 pm    Post subject:

Love AD but he can’t stay healthy or else he’s the best big and a Top 5 player in the NBA, he’s really darling of the NBA in terms of having everything you need in your game to be a MVP candidate year in and year out but the nagging injuries are worrisome, and the fact that he hasn’t shot a basketball since April 5th tells me that the injuries he gets makes it hard for him to train on a constant basis, if the right deal comes along it’s time to cut loose with him and that’s really hard cause he’s a awesome player when he’s healthy.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:00 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Love AD but he can’t stay healthy or else he’s the best big and a Top 5 player in the NBA, he’s really darling of the NBA in terms of having everything you need in your game to be a MVP candidate year in and year out but the nagging injuries are worrisome, and the fact that he hasn’t shot a basketball since April 5th tells me that the injuries he gets makes it hard for him to train on a constant basis, if the right deal comes along it’s time to cut loose with him and that’s really hard cause he’s a awesome player when he’s healthy.

AD isn't getting traded this year imo.

Side, how many people use your account bro?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Anthony Davis admits he hasn’t shot a basketball since April 5:

Yikes
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Josh Eberley 🇨🇦

298 players averaged 2+ three-point attempts a game over the last two seasons.

Anthony Davis ranked 298th.

"Lebron turned AD into a 3 pt shooter"
-JUST-MING
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:40 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Quote:
Josh Eberley 🇨🇦

298 players averaged 2+ three-point attempts a game over the last two seasons.

Anthony Davis ranked 298th.

"Lebron turned AD into a 3 pt shooter"
-JUST-MING

AD’s shooting has been trending the wrong direction for the last two seasons. Maybe it has to do with his injury history, maybe not. For whatever reason instead of coming into each season with something new, he has regressed from what he did before. The Lakers won’t trade him but if he starts out on fire, they should consider it. But they will ride things until the wheels completely fall off and then not have any idea what to do next.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:01 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

I think he does this every off season per his training regimen.

But yeah, there is a TON of pressure on Day to Davis to get back to what he was before the max contract.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:17 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
He mailed it in https://streamable.com/e/f1kh6b

I don't know if there's a reason for this. I don't know if this is out of context, but on the surface it's lazy as hell and to me, unacceptable.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:31 am    Post subject:

AD needs to workout with Stanley Beren to get his shot and work ethic back.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:35 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

But yeah, there is a TON of pressure on Day to Davis to get back to what he was before the max contract.

After the championship and Max contract I have not seen anything from Anthony to say: oh ya that's the guy
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

After the championship and Max contract I have not seen anything from Anthony to say: oh ya that's the guy

Agreed. The talent for sure, but there is more than just talent at the top of player rankings and AD hasn’t been available, sacrificed or focused nearly enough.

This fat and happy AD on a max contract is killer. He has a lot to prove.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 10:16 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

Agreed. The talent for sure, but there is more than just talent at the top of player rankings and AD hasn’t been available, sacrificed or focused nearly enough.

This fat and happy AD on a max contract is killer. He has a lot to prove.

💯
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

But what if your actual season is an off season?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:16 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

Yeah I mean it’s a fair point. Whatever he does, he better get it right.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 11:19 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
Quote:

Yikes

Yeah I mean it’s a fair point. Whatever he does, he better get it right.

I'm rooting for him to get healthy just like all Lakers fans... but the 298th best three point shooter should at least be putting up threes and free throws if he can't scrimmage.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:12 pm    Post subject:

I’m guessing since yesterday the pro-AD trade crowd has increased by a good percentage, last summer he was supposedly training like crazy and had a special trainer to help him avoid injuries yet this past year he really didn’t make any Improvements and still ended up sitting out weeks and weeks because of freakish injuries, I hope this summer is different and next year is more enjoyable but I’m not counting on it, it will be interesting to see what the FO has in store, they can’t have their franchise guy acting like this when we need to win right now.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I mean when is training camp?
Shooting now would be 4 months of shooting.
That's not enough?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m guessing since yesterday the pro-AD trade crowd has increased by a good percentage, last summer he was supposedly training like crazy and had a special trainer to help him avoid injuries yet this past year he really didn’t make any Improvements and still ended up sitting out weeks and weeks because of freakish injuries, I hope this summer is different and next year is more enjoyable but I’m not counting on it, it will be interesting to see what the FO has in store, they can’t have their franchise guy acting like this when we need to win right now.

I doubt what the "pro-AD trade crowd" or any other fan crowd thinks will affect the Lakers plans.

The interesting thing is whether there will be any spin put out regarding this video. It was, after, only a 5 second clip.

Will:

-- AD say nothing.

-- AD say "I never shoot a basketball in the first two months after the season ends."

-- AD say something like, "The video was cut off. I was just saying I hadn't shot a basketball in a competitive situation since April 5th, since that's when the season ends."

-- AD say, "That video was shot in late April."

-- AD say, "You're fired" to whoever shot the video.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
That's not enough?

Their was a video of him eating seafood with his friend a couple of days ago let’s hope he starts taking the training method serious.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
epic_ wrote:
That's not enough?

Their was a video of him eating seafood with his friend a couple of days ago let’s hope he starts taking the training method serious.

Oh crap.
Not seafood!
Noooooooo!
We're screwed.
Why didn't you mention that sooner?
I'm off the keep AD boat.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I doubt what the "pro-AD trade crowd" or any other fan crowd thinks will affect the Lakers plans.

The interesting thing is whether there will be any spin put out regarding this video. It was, after, only a 5 second clip.

Will:

-- AD say nothing.

-- AD say "I never shoot a basketball in the first two months after the season ends."

-- AD say something like, "The video was cut off. I was just saying I hadn't shot a basketball in a competitive situation since April 5th, since that's when the season ends."

-- AD say, "That video was shot in late April."

-- AD say, "You're fired" to whoever shot the video.

Their is no denying in this instance, his work ethic has been questioned in recent years if you don’t believe me google it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1197, 1198, 1199 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 1198 of 1430
Jump to: